2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Would love to see Billy Ho and James Hahn win and watch PXG bandwagon grow overnight

KCCO

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its only a few holes in on Sunday, but for those saying the PXG staff has "lack of achievements", would love to see how many turn bullish if 2 PXG staffers take top 2 positions in AT&T Byron Nelson.....just saying LOL

If you hopes come true it just does more to verify the idiocy of the average golfer who chases the equipment rabbit down an unlimited series of holes.

Even if they win. How many tally marks is that for PXG?

The point is majority of "haters" claim zero wins until they do a little research, but for an OEM with first 2 years and a solid staff they have been showing they have game. I can be a fan of an OEM just like a sports team, but I don't burn on others teams because of the price of their equipment. If that was the case I would say I love Mizuno and the way they operate, but Luke Donald seems to have lost a step, Lucas Glover, and Nick Watney....not much there, and they don't ever have a huge staff. This would just validate to those who say "what has PXG done on the tour?" Always have guys floating in top 10-20. Just love how if price wasn't an issue, opinions would be much different. If they win another event, Bob will make more money. Fact.

Hmm lets see.

First point. No the majority do not.

Second point. Who has game? Certainly you don't mean the company. The solid staff is purchased BTW.

Third. The only reason "opinions would be much different " ( which isn't remotely true and nothing more than an opinion) is because some people are insane when it comes to equipment and thinks its going to help their game instead of actually, you know, getting better at the game.. PXG brings nothing new to the table in that department whether the clubs cost $10,000 each or are free. Indian not the arrow until the end of time.

Wonder what happened to the PXG charity donation troll fella?

Troll? Maybe if you weren't on here right now you could practice a bit more and shave that cap down a bit; or better yet, cut down that signature and make a donation to the first tee, def not helping your index lugging all the extra baggage. Cheers! I can be a dick too!

Misinformed, confused dick it seems

The point is majority of "haters" claim zero wins until they do a little research, but for an OEM with first 2 years and a solid staff they have been showing they have game. I can be a fan of an OEM just like a sports team, but I don't burn on others teams because of the price of their equipment. If that was the case I would say I love Mizuno and the way they operate, but Luke Donald seems to have lost a step, Lucas Glover, and Nick Watney....not much there, and they don't ever have a huge staff. This would just validate to those who say "what has PXG done on the tour?" Always have guys floating in top 10-20. Just love how if price wasn't an issue, opinions would be much different. If they win another event, Bob will make more money. Fact.

Hmm lets see.

Second point. Who has game? Certainly you don't mean the company. The solid staff is purchased BTW.

Third. The only reason "opinions would be much different " ( which isn't remotely true and nothing more than an opinion) is because some people are insane when it comes to equipment and thinks its going to help their game instead of actually, you know, getting better at the game.. PXG brings nothing new to the table in that department whether the clubs cost $10,000 each or are free. Indian not the arrow until the end of time.

The same can be said of Taylor-Made who pay Jason Day, Dustin Johnson and now Rory to play their equipment. Also, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Srixon, Bridgestone, etc.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Tiger couldn't make Nike golf hardware a success.... You think Billy is some sort of messiah in golf Equipment?

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini[/font][/size]

Only because golf consumers are morons. Chasing the ever elusive "game changer" thinking they can buy game.

Really? You must be fairly young. When I started playing golf as teenager, the only clubs available for amateurs were blades. Please don't tell me that game improvement clubs have not made it easier for amateurs to play golf.

I will admit that there is a limit to how far one can go with game improvement clubs, but the PXG are rather unique in design (hollow irons, very thin face, with a foam filling). I would switch in a minute if they weren't so expensive.

There will never be a bandwagon. Clubs too expensive.

Tour Cameron's same? Karsten design...does same thing...but couple grand? Trust me Speith winning Masters with a 009 made Cameron/Gallery sell many more and that was with his retail going up. Didn't think this post would upset so many, just commenting what more is it gonna take to justify PXG is legit and here to stay? Many will admit they like them, just find it hard to see so many "open minded people who would never pay that much", but have a $400 HC on a $6000 putter. I play a mixed bag, point was with a fresh win...not only will he sell more clubs starting right now, there will be others soon enough trying to push inferior engineered, styled, high-priced, and if they work will be successful in selling there products.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

Only because golf consumers are morons. Chasing the ever elusive "game changer" thinking they can buy game.

Really? You must be fairly young. When I started playing golf as teenager, the only clubs available for amateurs were blades. Please don't tell me that game improvement clubs have not made it easier for amateurs to play golf.

I will admit that there is a limit to how far one can go with game improvement clubs, but the PXG are rather unique in design (hollow irons, very thin face, with a foam filling). I would switch in a minute if they weren't so expensive.

They are not. they reverse engineered ping irons. Identical hollow feel. They painted it black and added screws. theyre not revolutionary. Its not like youre comparing a hyundai to a bmw. theres a reason one costs 75k and the other 15k.

The only reason the clubs are priced like this is because they want to cater to elitists which is fine but lkets not pretend like the clubs are anything to brag about. Ive hit all of them on trackman and have seen no inprovement on any #s.

When i was playing in a japanese tour event a few years back in the pro am i was partnered with a tiny old business man who was obvoiusly loaded and he was playing platinum coated Honma irons. He told me through a translator: " I cant hit them for s*** but they look good and get me alot of attention. I love telling people that these cost me 10k and that my driver has a gold plated sole and that it costs 2k" this is the only set made like this! the pime minister has asked for one exactly like this to be made. He then proceeded to tell me that his wedges have diamond encased initials. Essentially PXG is Honma without the precious metals.

Tiger couldn't make Nike golf hardware a success....

Tiger seemed to make Nike Golf a success when he was playing. But success in golf hardware is allusive for just about all manufacturers these days.

Nope they lost money hand over fist every year. Like all major brands only clothing and shoes made them money because the margins are ridiculous. their ball division alone burned through 115 million

Tour Cameron's same? Karsten design...does same thing...but couple grand? Trust me Speith winning Masters with a 009 made Cameron/Gallery sell many more and that was with his retail going up. Didn't think this post would upset so many, just commenting what more is it gonna take to justify PXG is legit and here to stay? Many will admit they like them, just find it hard to see so many "open minded people who would never pay that much", but have a $400 HC on a $6000 putter. I play a mixed bag, point was with a fresh win...not only will he sell more clubs starting right now, there will be others soon enough trying to push inferior engineered, styled, high-priced, and if they work will be successful in selling there products.

You seem emotionally invested in pushing PXG, is there a reason?

He has a little bit of Bob in him.

Gonna sell a boatload of PXG BatAttack putters with Horschel putting lights out!

Yeah, that marshmallow Billy hit from 15 feet in the playoff made me want to run right out and buy one. How about you? He must have known Day was gonna yip the 3 footer with that piece of garbage putter that Taylormade forces him to use. (tongue planted firmly in cheek) :)

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

Hmm lets see.

The same can be said of Taylor-Made who pay Jason Day, Dustin Johnson and now Rory to play their equipment. Also, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Srixon, Bridgestone, etc.

Greg

Does Taylor made, callaway titleist ping etc.. pretend and brag that players approach them to play their stuff as if they would play it for free? thats the difference

Not sure I followed all that. My question to you or anyone is......what % of the market does PGX have in golf club sales? I'm guessing less than 1%. And at the prices they are asking, unlikely it will ever move up past 1%. PGX may not care as long as they are making money and that's fine. But they are selling to a niche market and that's all they will ever be.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

Fortunately I'm not really invested into any of my golf equipment, just love hearing all of the negativity a guy gets for making a business model, and that anyone saying if they had the opportunity, and wouldn't take the outcome that has played out so far is clearly out of their mind, or has no sense of finding a niche market and nailing it. That's what makes money. People who follow through and build, and then there are those that don't. Just figured I would love to hear the reasons why PXG will be bankrupt, it was a fluke, their equipment still sucks etc. It's actually funny the hate sometimes you observe when people disagree, or hate on something because they just flat out can't have what they want for whatever the reason may be.

*but as I said before, may just be a negative mind state, if all irons were $1000 and a set came out that performed better for the masses on trackman, robots, or in that human golfers hands yet they were $500 a set; those would be garbage. Just so much energy wasted on negativity. Majority of replies are people who want to argue with me. My point was, there is another win for those who say "It's not like they win anything". Have a nice night, hopefully your golfing tomorrow. Wasting your time trying to argue with me could be used on your short game...cheers!

009 ProV1

Not sure I followed all that. My question to you or anyone is......what % of the market does PGX have in golf club sales? I'm guessing less than 1%. And at the prices they are asking, unlikely it will ever move up past 1%. PGX may not care as long as they are making money and that's fine. But they are selling to a niche market and that's all they will ever be.

You are actually way off and far from industry...do some DD before spouting numbers.

009 ProV1

the only reason a club tat expensive is here to stay is because it has a billionaire behind it willing to loose money to save face or prove a point... the clubs themselve are not any more advantageous to play than the next set... its a status symbol plain and simple..

also i assume the 009 reference was shot at me... which i get..but the jokes on you... i didnt pay a cent for mine... and wouldnt ever pay 1/2 what its worth if i couldnt re-sell it or flip it quick... this one is a sentimental piece thats not ever for sale....

to respond to Greg and other who point out that PXG is same as other paying for their wins.. sure.. BUT parsons is the only guy to at first claim that player where switchig because they wanted to play the best... incinuating they werent payed... thats why folks are quick to point out that he bought everyone he could .. they didnt jump to play PXG..they jumped to make more $.... which of course is the way of the world..

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You are actually way off and far from industry...do some DD before spouting numbers.

He actually asked you what PXG's market share was. So what is it?

It's gotta be all psychological. You put that much amount in a set of PXG iron. Of course you will say it's like nothing else on the market. Or PXG irons are the best and nothing else beats it. People that own PXG always bring up rare scotty putter's, and karsten putter or whatever else. Collectible versus non collectible. Sorry, PXG are not collectibles. And their value will diminish.

Some of the PXG threads are ridiculous. They have a business model and they may be successful in what they are trying to accomplish, but at their pricepoint it's extremely unlikely they will ever have a major share in the golf market. That's not an insult, i don't believe they WANT to have a major share. They are targeting the 3-5% or whatever it is of the market that will spend 2500$ on clubs in the Americas and they want to dominate that market.

The car analogies are very played out but it's because they also make sense. Porsche doesn't expect the 911 turbo to outsell a Camry or even a BMW 3 series. I don't think Parsons expects PXG irons to outsell Taylormade.

Their tour presence is necessary to validate the claims he makes. If they win it may give him a slight sales bump. But he isn't chasing market leadership here. The majority of golfers do not have that disposable income, so there's a limit to what their "bandwagon" can be, which is of course by design

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

They are not. they reverse engineered ping irons. Identical hollow feel. They painted it black and added screws. theyre not revolutionary. Its not like youre comparing a hyundai to a bmw. theres a reason one costs 75k and the other 15k.

No, they are not reverse engineered Pings. They are hollow and have a very thin face, which was so thin that the early prototypes dented too easily. They experimented with various foam or plastic (or whatever) fillers that kept the faces from denting. I didn't claim they were revolutionary, but I don't know of any clubs that are the same. You are just assuming they are reverse engineered Ping, because they hired a Ping club designer (who had to sit out for 1 year due to non-compete clause) to design the PXG.

As far as Hyundai vs BMW, you should visit a Hyundai dealer and ask to test drive a 2017 Genesis G90, which has a starting list price of $68,110 and compares well to cars that cost at least $20K more.

https://www.genesis.com/us/en/genesis-g90.html

G90 Review: