2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Report says meds taken "4 left knee surgeries, 4 achilles". No mention of back. Ive always had a theory his back was never hurt and there were other reasons for his missing time. Now my tin foil hat is fitting a little tighter.

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought about the Nationals anthem thing backwards. Is this a real thing ? I would have laughed at the cop sober or not. And asked him if he could do it. I can't do it now and I've tried 6 times. Haven't had a drink in a couple years. lol

Callaway mavrik max 8* mmt 70 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Ping Glide forged 53 59 AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Your body can have different reactions to the same medication on a day to day basis.

You can be perfectly fine when taking the stuff, and then be whacked out a short time later. Tomorrow, you could take the same dose and be just fine.

As Ive said in another answer, Ive watched a close family member have to deal with taking this very strong pain medication for issues in the past year...a lot of the same type of stuff Tiger is taking. You wouldnt believe the types of swings that can happen on a day to day basis.

Fair enough, I didn't realize it could affect one so differently on a day to day basis.

I do wonder how many people think this is the first time this has happened to Tiger and it just happened to be at 3:00 am when he was behind the wheel.

Srixon Z785, Hogan 3W,  Hogan Grind 3-PW, Hogan Colonial 56, Ram Nick Price 62, Wilson 8813, Srixon XV

Lol. I love the everyone does it justification. That definitely makes it ok. I hope your family never gets hurt by someone under theinfluence.

I never said it makes anything "ok". I was merely responding to your statement that its illegal to drive while taking prescription medication...which is simply false.

Im glad nobody was hurt. Tiger was rightly arrested. That doesnt make your statement correct, though.

Well I guess that shows me even though nobody can tall me how you tell the difference between the two or prove it's legal to drive on narcotics.

Btw I'm in a court house right now but that also doesn't prove anything. I know you guys are still butthurt about the Titleist thread so I'll go ahead and let you guys continue playing lawyer.

So I have to prove to you that it's legal?!? That's not how the legal system works silly, and it's a poor attempt at grasping straws to try and flip the argument to that. If it's not written in law, it's the other way around. You don't get to call something illegal and then tell someone they have to prove to you it isn't. That's not how this works. Again, obviously you can't show it to me because it isn't there.

BTW: I have no idea what the "Titleist Thread" is, but nice attempt to try to deflect to that.

Good luck.

Lol. I love the everyone does it justification. That definitely makes it ok. I hope your family never gets hurt by someone under theinfluence.

I never said it makes anything "ok". I was merely responding to your statement that its illegal to drive while taking prescription medication...which is simply false.

Im glad nobody was hurt. Tiger was rightly arrested. That doesnt make your statement correct, though.

Good luck to you as well.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

His Wife was able to come to an explanation. She asked Harvey what medications he had taken, and he told her. Then, all of a sudden, he realized that he had forgotten his glasses, leaving them back in Maryland before the trip, and wasn't sure.

They laid the pills out, and decided that the Ambien, which he hadn't been taking, was about the same size as one of the other medications that he had been taking.

Long story short, I'm giving Tiger the benefit on this one based on this experience, and the fact that they let him go on his own a few hours later. Especially if he passed a breathalyzer test, this is what happened.

This confuses me. Are you trying to tell us that an accidental dose of Ambien caused his troubles? If not, what did?

Report says meds taken "4 left knee surgeries, 4 achilles". No mention of back. Ive always had a theory his back was never hurt and there were other reasons for his missing time. Now my tin foil hat is fitting a little tighter.

huh?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Hmmm well for whatever this 2 cents is worth. 11 years as a police officer and hundreds...yes...hundreds of DUI arrests. DUI means Driving Under the Influence. Not just alcohol. Actually there really isn't much sense in going through what leads up to an arrest for DUI...as in this case Woods was found not be driving...but parked with the motor running. So DUI would not be the correct charge...as he was not physically driving the vehicle. Not sure what the Florida law is...but Washington State there is a charge for Physical Control of a Motor Vehicle while under the influence, which in this case would be the correct charge.

Physical Control means I am in the vehicle, usually behind the wheel, and have the ability to, if I chose to do so, drive the vehicle. Needless to say behind the wheel, even asleep, with the motor running would qualify. Again don't know the Florida traffic code, but Washington Physical Control is the same penalties as DUI.

As an LEO you have to show that the subject was impaired to the point where their operation of a motor vehicle would be a danger to the public. Thus there are a variety of physical sobriety tests ranging from reciting alphabet, counting backwards, finger to nose, walk heel-to-toe straight line, horizontal gaze nystagmus test (effective on alcohol only). Add to that observations about the subject's demeanor, speech patterns, physical appearance and their ability, i.e., balance, etc.

Obviously there is a test for BAC...and if the subject has not been drinking, which is normally what people are arrested for, then you need to have your testing and observations in order to get a conviction without the BAC showing alcohol in the blood. It depends...but I am not aware of a state that can require you to take a blood test solely for a DUI charge, unless there has been an accident where there is a fatality or a high likelihood of a fatality. Of course if you are admitted for injuries...then there will be a blood test and the police get the results.

So the point is...in most states driving while under the influence doesn't just mean alcohol. It could include legal or illegal drugs. Whether or not there is a conviction is going to depend on evidence. So arresting someone and showing that they had been impaired, did not have a blood alcohol content, but had a pocket full of medication, especially ones where you are warned not to operate machinery, and chances are you are going to be found guilty. It's not illegal to take prescription meds and drive...but it is illegal to drive if those meds impair your ability to safely operate the vehicle.

[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Ping G 400 LST 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 3&5 Fairway Woods Graphite Design AD DI[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 19* Hybrid Stock Shaft[/size]
[size=2]Ping G 400 4-PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105's[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Titleist SM6 52/12 and 58/12[/size]
[size=2]Scotty Cameron Newport 2[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Bridgestone B330RX or B330S[/size][/i][/color]

Well I guess that shows me even though nobody can tall me how you tell the difference between the two or prove it's legal to drive on narcotics.

Btw I'm in a court house right now but that also doesn't prove anything. I know you guys are still butthurt about the Titleist thread so I'll go ahead and let you guys continue playing lawyer.

So I have to prove to you that it's legal?!? That's not how the legal system works silly, and it's a poor attempt at grasping straws to try and flip the argument to that. If it's not written in law, it's the other way around. You don't get to call something illegal and then tell someone they have to prove to you it isn't. That's not how this works. Again, obviously you can't show it to me because it isn't there.

BTW: I have no idea what the "Titleist Thread" is, but nice attempt to try to deflect to that.

Good luck.

Good luck to you as well.

It's not illegal to drive on prescription medication which has been prescribed to you. It is, however, illegal to drive to impaired.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Tiger making a seamless entry into middle age. I know he has gazillions, but the cash he has blown on lost endorsements is nuts. Leopard has to do leopard stuff I suppose.

whoa ! Ya on a different time line over there? He's 40! ( those of you from across the pond, that's forty as in years old ) not even close to middle age
We drink harder this pond side, so 40 is middle for us!

carn did I ever tell ya I'm a big fan of Jackie Stewart?
the wee racing driver world champ. Did a lot improve safety, but he. Was too cosy to the Royals for my anti royals Dad!

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Um...yeah, it kinda is "how it works".

Millions of people take prescription medication daily and drive without problems.

Millions of people have a beer or drink after work and drive home without problems.

http://seniordriving...on-use-driving/

I am missing the point of your link. Are you trying to say that link says taking meds and driving is illegal? If so, that's hardly the case.

Interpret the link as you wish. It doesn't change the fact that driving while under the influence of certain prescription medications is reckless, irresponsible, selfish and extremely dangerous!

Legal or illegal, someone that dies as a result of driving while under the influence of prescription drugs is no less dead than someone who dies as a result of driving under the influence of alcohol. But keep justifying terrible behavior and decision making.

Nobody is justifying driving under the influence.

huh?

Do I need to highlight the police report?

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

I'm starting another thread on this because I don't want it to get lost in other threads.

Anyone who has formed and opinion based on assumptions, I guess you know what that makes you.

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but figured there would be all sorts of chatter about it.

I wanted this to be the first post in this thread.

Have a good day,

Tom King

edited to add: If anyone knows how to contact Tiger, please have him contact me, or I can give him the contact info for my Scientist friend.

You would be an idiot if you don't assume a few things at this point. Think he may have been wacked on meds when he either took a blow from mad wifey, or the steering wheel of a vehicle when he hit that tree?

You guys on the other side of the Water should ease up on the meds. Pill poppin Sue Ellen to mind!

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

So he wasn't drunk, and it appears his condition was the result of exactly what he said in his public statement.

I'm going back to the thread about DJ's Masters week injury.

Do you not comprehend that dui and dwi are interchangeable? Bottles have labels saying don't drive

You get pulled over doped up and tell the cops that you're not drunk, you're taking things prescribed and that won't fly

Same/same

Alcohol is a drug. Good grief

"But its prescribed by a doctor!!!"

No

No

No

The obvious takeaway from this is that Tiger needs to shave his head.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

I just thought about the Nationals anthem thing backwards. Is this a real thing ? I would have laughed at the cop sober or not. And asked him if he could do it. I can't do it now and I've tried 6 times. Haven't had a drink in a couple years. lol

Ya this whole alphabet/national anthem thing got way out of context. There's no way in hell an officer would ask someone sober or not, to recite the national anthem, forwards or backwords.

On that Live PD show on A&E channel on Friday nights. They always ask susupected drunk drivers to say the alphabet without singing it.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

It's not illegal to drive on prescription medication which has been prescribed to you. It is, however, illegal to drive to impaired.

It I said also illegal to drive "under the influence". DUI and dwi are not interchangeable in my state.

Again...you're completely missing the entire point we are trying to make. Nobody is talking about being under the influence.

Its not about whether DUI is illegal or not. We're saying that its not illegal to take prescription medication and drive. Millions of people take prescriptions and drive just fine.

It I said also illegal to drive "under the influence". DUI and dwi are not interchangeable in my state.

Again...you're completely missing the entire point we are trying to make. Nobody is talking about being under the influence.

Its not about whether DUI is illegal or not. We're saying that its not illegal to take prescription medication and drive. Millions of people take prescriptions and drive just fine.

Oh you're making this about all prescriptions. Fair enough. I never said anything about that. We were talking about a specific case.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

Time heals all wounds...guaranteed. In due time, this too will pass. The mugshot will always be out there, but it will pass.

I think there's a HUGE difference, too, if in fact alcohol wasn't involved. If in fact alcohol wasn't a contributing factor, to me that lessens the severity of this whole ordeal immensely. But, that's just me...

So if he ran head on into someone on pain meds and killed them that is somehow better than if it had been booze?

Wow

My perspective on this is a little different because my wife had spinal fusion surgery a few days before Tiger did. My wife's surgery was Cervical, which from what I understand is nowhere near as bad as lumbar. What I know is this:

Things which make sense to me:

- 6 or so weeks out of surgery and my wife still have a bit of a intermittent nerve pain. It depends on how active she is each day. As she builds her activity, the nerve pain slowly begins to increase.

- My wife doesn't take pain meds, mainly because they make her feel like she is going to throw up. But there are still times where she probably should take them but she grits through the pain.

- Nerves are very slow to heal. So anyone saying he should have zero pain 5 weeks after surgery simply doesn't know what they are talking about. My wife's neurosurgeon said she won't know what her permanent level of pain will be (if there is permanent pain) for probably 12 months.

- Her sleep schedule is all out of whack. She has tried to keep a regular schedule, but, not being able to work and really do anything for 6 weeks has made that hard. Some nights she simply can't sleep and she goes out in the living room and watches TV until I wake up the next morning. She doesn't go driving, but, she isn't really sleeping right now. She was prescribed medication to help with sleep but opted not to fill it because of a negative reaction in the past (she ended up not being able to sleep and basically felt like she was losing her mind for 24 hours).

Things which don't make sense to me:

- The dude was driving at 3am and he blew a .000 which meant he wasn't drinking. WTF was he doing? Possibly a negative reaction to sleeping medication? Other than that, it really doesn't make sense

- On ESPN Radio this am they said one of the prescriptions was a NSAID (basically a stronger version of Advil). That doesn't compute to me. NASIDs hinder the Fusion process and in my wife's case, she was given very strict instructions that whatever she does, no NSAIDs for at least 6 months.

Ultimately, I am not trying to stand up for the guy. He clearly was driving under the influence of something which was altering his state of mind. A dangerous situation, not only for him, but everyone around him on the roads. But I make this post as an attempt to say, what happened seems somewhat plausible to me based on our (my wife and I) current situation. My wife refuses to take medication. But if it were me, I would probably be popping the pain meds and sleeping medication which my wife refuses. It's a bad look for Tiger and it feeds to the rumors that he has had issues with pills in the past. If he does have those issues, I hope he can get the help he needs. But until we ultimately know more, I can't say what he described (negative reaction to meds) as being implausible.

I had c4&5 and 6&7 fused, and when I woke up, the nerve pain was gone. I was very sore from the surgery, my throat was swollen and very painful, but the tingling and shooting pains down my arms was gone. I took pain meds for 5 days, woke up on day 6 with no pain, quit the meds. I sympathize with your wife, I didn't like the pain meds at all. Made me fuzzy and out of sorts, although I slept OK. Hope she continues to improve.

I'm glad I waited until now to comment.

1. If he was impaired because he mixed up or took too much medication, or some innocent mistake I feel awful for him. The early reports dragged him through the mud quite unfairly.

2. If this signals he is developing a drug problem due to prescription drugs I hope he gets the help and treatment he needs before he falls into a serious addiction problem.

3. At this point the best things people could do for him is pray for him, and then leave him alone. The bright glare of publicity is the worst thing that could happen to him and his children. We should leave him alone and let him get well. I also hope he gets some good professional spiritual counseling to help his mind and soul.

He has caused many of his problems by himself, but that is in the past. At this point it is time to show him some sympathy for him, hope he gets better, and remember the great things he did on a golf course. The longer people crush him in the media and in public the worse it gets for him and his children.