Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

A few things I've learned over the past few pages. Cocaine has no effect on driving skill, police agencies should disregard and not follow the law of public records, if you are compliant or intoxicated the police should just send you to the hospital, if you refuse a search by the police they will just plant something on you, it's ok to take pills and drive as long as you don't feel the effects of the pills before driving, and if you are found under the influence behind the wheel of a wrecked car in the street the police should just take you home (and this always happens if it's a cops friend). I'm sure I've missed a ton. Keep them coming golfwrx.

Why not quote each one of those and respond ?

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things I've learned over the past few pages. Cocaine has no effect on driving skill, police agencies should disregard and not follow the law of public records, if you are compliant or intoxicated the police should just send you to the hospital, if you refuse a search by the police they will just plant something on you, it's ok to take pills and drive as long as you don't feel the effects of the pills before driving, and if you are found under the influence behind the wheel of a wrecked car in the street the police should just take you home (and this always happens if it's a cops friend). I'm sure I've missed a ton. Keep them coming golfwrx.

Why not quote each one of those and respond ?

Because it was easier for me to make the post I did.

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

Yep...If you are the court of popular opinion, you have already convicted Woods. I think it is a little early for that, don't you? You think you know everything you need to, in order to summarily convict but this sycophant believes that much more needs to be known before he can be convicted in any court.

We don't know:

When he took the meds or in what combination.

Was he taking them as prescribed.

What is the potential affect on the mind and body of such a combination.

How long do the effects of the drug reaction usually last

Was he aware of his condition, his location, his state of mind and body, when he got into the car.

There are probably more things to consider, things that you may not care about. Because you have already convicted him.

No man should be treated as guilty until all the facts are known and he is either freed or found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

Or has there been a change to your constitution that I am unaware of?

One question, If he killed a family member of yours while driving under the influence would you give a crap about any of this stuff.

He's 100% guilty of driving under the influence, any discussions regarding the cocktail and his reaction or any other circumstances will matter when it comes to sentencing.

IF. I can spout off the IF jokes. But I'll spare us all. He's being punished for what he did. Not what he could have done. That's how it supposed to work.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

Come on man, youre better than this. If you operate a motor vehicle while on those pills then yes you are abusing meds. He apologized and owned it why havent you?. Move on from trying to defend him or anyone that does this.It doesnt affect your fandom or his legacy. Did this arrest take away any of his majors? of course not. If it was booze youd be saying at least it wasnt drugs. now that its drugs youre saying at least it wasnt booze. Ask LEO in this thread or around you about how often this happens. they created special statutes because as drinking and driving decreased driving while high increased. Look at nationwide #s about driving while high. people under 25 are 15 times more likely to do this then drinking and driving and it is equally dangerous. He has vast experience with these meds and hes lucky he didnt kill anyone. Why this crusade to vindicate him when he seems pretty sure he screwed up.Separate the golfer from the man you'll feel better about this. there is no conspiracy to take him down.Everything that has gone sideways for him including this is self inflicted and you should be ok with that. Reason should trump emotion in this discussion.

This conversation has been going on for decades. I am pretty sure it was a member of the Kennedy family who, a decade and a half ago ish,, got arrested for DUI while on ambien and i believe he caused damage to property/cars etc and he claimed, and i believe won a not guilty verdict, it was ambien's fault. So this isn't a new issue.

and i didn't google the facts of the above. Could have some of it wrong but the point still stands. It's NO secret that ambien can cause this unusual and dangerous behavior.and the person taking it has a large measure of responsibility to know that. The idea that he was caught off guard by this is what I find suspect.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

Yep...If you are the court of popular opinion, you have already convicted Woods. I think it is a little early for that, don't you? You think you know everything you need to, in order to summarily convict but this sycophant believes that much more needs to be known before he can be convicted in any court.

We don't know:

Was he aware of his condition, his location, his state of mind and body, when he got into the car.

There are probably more things to consider, things that you may not care about. Because you have already convicted him.

No man should be treated as guilty until all the facts are known and he is either freed or found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

One question, If he killed a family member of yours while driving under the influence would you give a crap about any of this stuff.

He's 100% guilty of driving under the influence, any discussions regarding the cocktail and his reaction or any other circumstances will matter when it comes to sentencing.

IF. I can spout off the IF jokes. But I'll spare us all. He's being punished for what he did. Not what he could have done. That's how it supposed to work.

My point was all the drivel ngb wrote doesn't change the fact he was driving under the influence and could have killed someone.

Ignorance isn't an excuse under the law, so bottom line is he's guilty of DUI and the list of things nbg wrote can be reviewed as part of sentencing.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

People are still talking about this? It happened. It was unfortunate. Tiger knows he did something wrong. What more do people want?

LOL

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

We don't know:

Technically we still don't know what or who he hit with his car. So the "If" is still relevant at this point.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Well my dad was on Fentanyl (and he takes sleep meds) after his back surgery and he was acting just like Tiger .. totally discombobulated

Take a little too much (because your are out of it and can't master your own dosing) and you have ZERO idea what is going on. Worse than someone on 10 drinks IMO

Cally AIS TD 11.5* Ventus Black 5x

Cally AI Smoke TD 16* AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

People are still talking about this? It happened. It was unfortunate. Tiger knows he did something wrong. What more do people want?

Exactly. However there are some tiger fans in this thread that cant accept this and have moved into conspiracy theory territory which derails the thread. it is newsworthy so it will play its course out until something else comes up.

How many post do i have to read that start like this: "maybe it was an accident" "he didnt mean to mix them" "is the doctor liable" "its not his fault" i mean good grief

This doesnt affect the golfer it only affects the man. you can still be his fan and denounce his dangerous action. He owned his mistake, why cant his fans? bizarre.

Random skipping through the video and thought he said "I should have worn my dentures" at 1:21:20ish. I wonder if that was a modest attempt at a joke or if he has dentures instead of implants on the broken tooth (or possible teeth that Elin knocked out). I know, I know, stupid pointless off the topic thing, but here we are.

How about a publicist or tiger himself saying I need to get my crap under control. Pretty easy to make a mistake and go oops, my bad. I'm sorry and I'm ashamed for my behavior.

It's quite another to face the demons and work on yourself.

what did he hit to damage his car is my question? This could have been really ugly

Cally AIS TD 11.5* Ventus Black 5x

Cally AI Smoke TD 16* AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

I know Tiger is responsible here, but what about the Dr's who prescribe these meds? 4 different sleep aids and pain killers? its a recipe for many things including suicide. The Dr's know exactly what he is on and they need to limit what they prescribe

I don't know what Tigers doctors and pharmacist are doing but anytime I've gotten heavy duty pain meds the doctor and pharmacist were very clear about the effects and warned me to not take them with certain other drugs. I guess we'll find out if these all came from the same doctor of if he does have a problem and is going to different doctors to get prescriptions for his drugs.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Exactly. However there are some tiger fans in this thread that cant accept this and have moved into conspiracy theory territory. Hoe many post do i have to read that start like this: "maybe it was an accident" "he didnt mean to mix them" "is the doctor liable" "its not his fault" i mean good grief

This doesnt affect the golfer it only affects the man. you can still be his fan and denounce his dangerous action. He owned his mistake, why cant his fans? bizarre.

So you're willing to accept Tiger taking full responsibility, but are you willing to accept his statement of an "unexpected reaction to prescribed medications?" If so, you have to admit those two statements do not really agree with each other. One implies he chose to drive while high, the other implies he woke up in a jail cell not knowing how he got there (while taking legally prescribed legal medication). I think there may be a difference between the two and that is what makes this case so interesting. It's a great discussion about personal responsibility and we're really getting into some bigger issues here than just a simple shut and closed DUI case.

do we really want to see Tiger's name added to the long list of celebrities (and countless other people who are not famous) who have died from prescription pills? Just because it says M.D after their names doesn't mean they are not dealers

• Heath Ledger: In 2008 Ledger died as a result of mixing several prescription drugs. It was made clear by the Medical Examiner that he was using the drugs for their intoxicant effect.
  • Chris Penn: This actor died from overdose of promethazine and codeine. His enlarged heart and obesity likely aggravated his heart disease making him more vulnerable to problems with prescription drugs.
  • Jimi Hendrix: After taking too many of his girlfriend’s prescription pills, this influential musician literally choked to death on his own vomit.
  • Elvis Presley: The King is one of the most famous celebrities who died from overdosing on prescriptions. At the time of death he was under the influence of at least 14 drugs.
  • Anna Nicole Smith: This former Playboy model made headline news when she was found to have died from overdosing on painkillers. Though the levels of the drugs in her system were lower than normal overdose levels, the cocktail of at least nine various prescriptions caused a fatal reaction.
  • Michael Jackson: This star’s controversial death was officially ruled a homicide when his personal physician is said to have administered Michael with prescription drugs which led to overdose.
  • Bruce Lee: At the young age of 32 he died from swelling of the brain caused by a serious allergic reaction to a prescription painkiller given to him by a friend for a headache.
  • Judy Garland: This “Wizard of Oz” star overdosed on barbiturates after years of prescription pill abuse.
  • Marilyn Monroe: At the age of 36 this famous actress died from “acute barbiturate poisoning” after ingesting multiple prescription drugs.
  • Whitney Houston: In 2012 on Whitney fell asleep in a hotel bathtub after ingesting cocaine and various prescription drugs. When police arrived on scene her hotel room was scattered with prescription bottles which had been prescribed by five different doctors

Technically we still don't know what or who he hit with his car. So the "If" is still relevant at this point.

Judging by the damage to the vehicle it is most likely he ran over a median, either on the left side of the road or while making a left turn. The cops checked out the area after the arrest and did not find any damage.

I know Tiger is responsible here, but what about the Dr's who prescribe these meds? 4 different sleep aids and pain killers? its a recipe for many things including suicide. The Dr's know exactly what he is on and they need to limit what they prescribe

I don't know what Tigers doctors and pharmacist are doing but anytime I've gotten heavy duty pain meds the doctor and pharmacist were very clear about the effects and warned me to not take them with certain other drugs. I guess we'll find out if these all came from the same doctor of if he does have a problem and is going to different doctors to get prescriptions for his drugs.

Why?

You think there is going to be a trial?

No personal attacks, etc.

High as a kite. It's a wonder he didn't kill himself or someone else. Wonder why some are jumping on the no alcohol pass. He was on much worse than that.

More the relevant question is will he learn from it. I honestly don't think so. His whole life has been about him, and enablers around him, making things right somehow.

The average guy wouldn't have a chance getting through this without being convicted.

I also wonder how much more the television and sports media has to apologize for Tiger, as they have done now for years. How much do you want him in the limelight? Is it worth that much to the media?

How about a publicist or tiger himself saying I need to get my crap under control. Pretty easy to make a mistake and go oops, my bad. I'm sorry and I'm ashamed for my behavior.

Amazing armchair psychoanalysis there. Tiger owes you nor I nothing.

BS. Tiger owes everything to the public. He's never had a nine to five job. He's made his living from the public paying tournaments and sponsors dearly for his living. Maybe this bit of logic is lost on some. I don't think he's your ideal poster child for sympathy.

His sponsors clearly disagree though...

Ro

BS. Tiger owes everything to the public. He's never had a nine to five job. He's made his living from the public paying tournaments and sponsors dearly for his living. Maybe this bit of logic is lost on some. I don't think he's your ideal poster child for sympathy.

But, some sports fans don't see the great athletes as owing *them*, quite that contrary, they feel the fans owe them for providing incredible memories.

You guys are going to think this is me (rofl ; ).

http://www.golf.com/...ns-appreciation

‘Thank you for changing my life’: In a dark moment for Tiger Woods, a fan’s appreciation

"I put my book on the desk and recited the words I had rehearsed in my head for days: “Thank you for giving me golf, thank you for giving me the friends I’ve made playing it and thank you for changing my life.” Tiger smiled, thanked me and shook my hand."

I wasn't able to find that DJ magic with mine. Loved the look though. However, I recently fell in love with a Toulon Memphis. The face milling is great as is the feel. Could be worth checking out.

J13, new Bloodline putter right up your alley...

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

I am dumbfounded that someone could apologize so profusely for Tiger and blame the police instead.

Kool aid is a helleva drug...

Who apologized for him? It was horrible that he was behind the wheel but he clearly has zero control of his mental and physical faculties. Again being in the medical world you can't immediately blame someone who had zero control of what was going on unless it was his intention to get all whacked out which I find it hard to believe it was. The guy thinks he's in CA for gods sake. And I'm not attacking the PD although them selling or releasing the video is shameful. Go ask a doctor what they should have done. I wanted to point the fact out that this could take a twist if the tiger camp wants it to.

Good use of the KoolAid guy, very original.

In my experience the physician will go over all the medications the patient is taking. If anything new is prescribed the physician will let the patient know the medication's do's and don'ts. In addition, the pharmacist will let the patient know if any medications conflict with others. And even further, the bottle the pills reside in include, if warranted, beaucoup warning labels of what the patient should not do, for example, driving a car, operate heavy machinery, don't take on an empty stomach, and the like.

Medical providers bend over backwards to let the patient know what's what with regards to medication. I find it hard to believe that TW didn't know what would happen if he ingested certain medications.

Most pharmaceuticals are very powerful stuff, especially when multiple pharmaceuticals are involved, which explains why medical providers are very rigorous in keeping their patients informed, as well as reiterating the necessity of being contacted immediately if a new medication should prove inimical to the patient.

There are many unanswered question in this ongoing saga, but being unaware of what a medication(s) can do should not be one of them.

Just saw this on FB from an RC car racing buddy, shows how mainstream it is

Tiger Woods "No one could screw up their career like I did this weekend"

Kathy Griffen "Hold My beer"

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9°@11° Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO