Find the MUTE button ... here comes FOX

Couples1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck needs to stick to baseball...that way I will never have to hear his voice.

He does football as well..

I don't seem to care about Buck as much as others either. Do people dislike him in other sports as well? He's obviously doing something right if he broadcast's for NFL, World Series, and one of the four biggest golf tournaments a year. I dont care for the mic in the cup, but love how much tracer there is w/ fox, also with the split screen to show the flight and where it lands, while also showing the player swing.

We want Pro Tracer on every shot. ALL GOLFERS WANT TO KNOW-VISUALIZE-SEE THE TRAJECTORY OF THE PROS SHOTS!!!!!!!!!! Period. (the birds eye view is a bonus)

I'd love it if I never saw a Pro Tracer again and I don't care about the trajectory of a pro's shot.

So you'd rather just not be able to tell where the shot is going when you are watching golf on TV?

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

We want Pro Tracer on every shot. ALL GOLFERS WANT TO KNOW-VISUALIZE-SEE THE TRAJECTORY OF THE PROS SHOTS!!!!!!!!!! Period. (the birds eye view is a bonus)

I'd love it if I never saw a Pro Tracer again and I don't care about the trajectory of a pro's shot.

So you'd rather just not be able to tell where the shot is going when you are watching golf on TV?

I prefer the reverse angle following the ball in. I just want to see where the ball ends up. The only time I really want to see a drive on a telecast is if it's on a delay and someone hit it into trouble. The rest of the time I prefer we just pick up the action with the approach.

I prefer the reverse angle following the ball in. I just want to see where the ball ends up. The only time I really want to see a drive on a telecast is if it's on a delay and someone hit it into trouble. The rest of the time I prefer we just pick up the action with the approach.

Strong disagree here. I hate when they don't show the drives of players in contention down the stretch - especially when it involves the big bombers. From the reverse angle, you can't pick up the ball on approach until it is halfway to the ground anyway. So why not show pro tracer and then pick up the ball as it heads to the green? You get the best of both worlds - plus you get to see what route the ball is taking to get there (drawing a ball out over a lake to a tucked pin, huge Bubba cut, etc.)

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

ESPN's K-zone is the worst! I don't read many good comments on that Strike Zone that ESPN superimposes for their Major League Baseball broadcasts. That has got to go it ruins the game of baseball. As far as shot track in golf I love it, because you can't follow the golf ball off the tee without it.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

I'd say you are definitely in the minority if you just want to watch approach shots.

Also be prepared for shot tracer on every shot and yardages to/over bunkers, and flyovers with current player ball position and other awesomeness.

Came here to say this. Fox's announcers are objectively the worst, but once their cameramen figured out how to follow the ball, the production is top notch.

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

I think Fox does a pretty good job. I don't get my shorts in a knot over Buck, Nantz, or whoever. Faxon is good, as is Zinger. They added Darren Clarke this year as well, so we'll see how that goes.

The Wednesday coverage is actually pretty interesting. They's talking to players, caddies, etc during the practice rounds, attempting different shots. Sure there are some fluff pieces, but it's only Wednesday, and I know golf will take over starting tomorrow.

I agree with those that say I don't get the whole criticism of Joe Buck. From my many facebook fans, it's the thing to do apparently...hate Joe Buck. I think he's great, and don't get all the hate?

This is how much I don't hate Joe Buck, I'm a Texas Rangers fan, and his call in the 2011 Game 6 World Series with David Freese went bonkers, I thought it was a superb call. "Freese hits it in the air to center.....We will see you......tomorrow night." And then he goes quiet for the celebration for a solid minute. Even though it knocked my Rangers out, I thought it was a great call.

Anyway, back to the original subject. I thought their coverage the first year was forced and a little bumpy. Last year I thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to it this year.

I'm adaptable and can appreciate different forms of coverage. I love the classiness of CBS during the Masters with no shot tracer or any other stuff, and I can fully enjoy Fox's use of shot tracer and other technology.

The only announcer I really don't care for is Gary McCord.

Hopefully that insufferable Holly has been relegated to being in charge of water and insecticide sprays for the "commentators"

Misogynistic much?

The young lady in your avatar must be a MENSA member, I take it?

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

Anything that doesn't involve Bob Costas and his Holier than Thou, over the top style is good with me. I always have the volume down but I do use caption and read it every now and then. His whole deal with The Masters just shows what a do-gooder pos he really is. It's too bad the Triple Crown series is with NBC. I just can't tell you all my fantasies for this pos punk. Sorry, but the guy really pushes me out of character.

Wow, you really do have a woodie for this guy. I had no idea that Costas works for CBS during Masters week.

Sorry if I interrupted your fantasies. Carry on.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

I agree with those that say I don't get the whole criticism of Joe Buck. From my many facebook fans, it's the thing to do apparently...hate Joe Buck. I think he's great, and don't get all the hate?

This is how much I don't hate Joe Buck, I'm a Texas Rangers fan, and his call in the 2011 Game 6 World Series with David Freese went bonkers, I thought it was a superb call. "Freese hits it in the air to center.....We will see you......tomorrow night." And then he goes quiet for the celebration for a solid minute. Even though it knocked my Rangers out, I thought it was a great call.

Anyway, back to the original subject. I thought their coverage the first year was forced and a little bumpy. Last year I thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to it this year.

I'm adaptable and can appreciate different forms of coverage. I love the classiness of CBS during the Masters with no shot tracer or any other stuff, and I can fully enjoy Fox's use of shot tracer and other technology.

The only announced I really don't care for is Gary McCord.

Thanks Mrs. Buck

I wonder if Holly changed out equipment since the last open. Newer Bolt-ons might help her improve her interview skills. Do you have another outfit in case of a playoff?

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

I've been ill, so I've watched an embarrassing amount of pre-tournament coverage. IMHO, what they're doing on Fox is 100x better than the Golf Channel. Faxon, Azinger and Strange work really well together, and Buck knows to stay out of the way. The camera work has been sensational. [They must be using drones.] And then there's Holly. Very impressive.

Azinger I like. Buck is annoying.

I prefer Azinger with Faldo, it gets a little heated when Paul starts giving him the needle.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly