2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Shiels vs Crossfield - YouTube

golfnhack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I subscribe to all 3 - PF, MC, and RS, in addition to ImproveMyGolf, and M&MG. I've been pretty steadfast in my viewership of MC and like the bumbling moron course vlogs with Coach. Like watching Finch's Quest for the Open stuff, Tech Tuesdays, and that type of content...but sometimes his course vlogs can be kinda drab. RS - I used to watch a lot more, but after they started experimenting with new camera equipment a couple weeks before the Open, I have found it to be dreadful viewing...not from a content perspective, but from the shoddy camera work. I'll still watch his club reviews and other content, but the vlogs have been dropping off for me.

In terms of personalities - I like watching Crossfield...but he wouldn't be my first choice of the bunch to grab a pint with...I'd probably pick Finch or Andy Carter for that...

this is totally stupid, but I honestly don't watch Me and My Golf's content as much because of the matching apparel. It just looks weird to me. Why do they have to match?

like uniform. they might be trying to be professional and brand the MM&G. one way to build the strong foundation. If you go way way back. there were no "uniform" but it looked like just one of ave. Joe and not convincing

Alan on Aussie Golf Reviewer is really entertaining also. Really a great swing and uses a drone on every single hole to really highlight the course.

Fried Eggs golf out of the US is pretty solid also. No nearly the number of course vlogs but some great content.

The chemistry between Crossfield and Lockey is just solid fun to watch. Sometimes I wonder why "Coach" doesn't do a vlog or two on his own. Sort of like Fletch with Andy Carter. (Well he used to anyway - hasn't been on for awhile now)

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I find that I am watching less and less of just about all of their content.

Crossfield loves himself. I watched the videos he put out there when he had his little spat with Lynx and the Daily Mail and whilst he might have been in the right, the way he portrayed himself in the videos made me think that he was a little self righteous and rather than coming across as a wronged party, they whole lot of them came out of it look like idiots.

Shiels and Finch were my main guys for watching but even they have gone down in terms of what they are putting out there. Their insights into Tour golf are basic at best and nowhere near as informed as they could be which is a turn off and the rest of their content whilst looking visually very good with their drones, etc seems to have become a little boring and focussed on look at the cool stuff that we get to do as opposed to golf and actually playing it.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

... acting like a couple peacocks with Down syndrome?

Trying to picture what that would actually look like...

Yep just rip on special needs people. Thats okay.

They are really good friends with Carley, it isn't like they hired her for the day, they are just acting their normal way around her like they would any other time they see her. They are having a bit a of a laugh; I think that what the english call it.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

to be honest Gabe from Prueswingtv/MTi had the best content on youtube. He had a good amount of funny and seriousness. I remember his 5th video was interview with rickie fowler. He won the trick shot contest from Almost Golf. His countless travels across the country. His many pro golf friends who play through out the world. He is one the many reasons I started working in the industry. He made wanna love golf even more.

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

They are really good friends with Carley, it isn't like they hired her for the day, they are just acting their normal way around her like they would any other time they see her. They are having a bit a of a laugh; I think that what the english call it.

I wasn't ripping on anyone, so you know.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I'm not going to get into it on wrx. But saying that to two people are acting like they down syndrome, when mean that they are just being dumb. You are implying that all people with downs are dumb and cannot behave themselves.

I've been a Shiels fan from day 1. My game (although worse) relates to his very well, so his experiences are likely relevant to what mine would be. Never been a Crossfield fan, and used to love Finch's channel but I rarely watch it anymore--he's kind of turned into a puppet. Love watching his swing though.

Started watching GolfBox recently. Man it's fun to watch him kill it.

Cobra F9 Atmos Black 7X
Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT SS1X
Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT SS1X
TM Hi Toe 50, 54 (55), 58 (60) X100 SS2X
Scotty Cameron

I'm not going to get into it on wrx. But saying that to two people are acting like they down syndrome, when mean that they are just being dumb. You are implying that all people with downs are dumb and cannot behave themselves.

I didn't imply anything...only that I was trying to picture what that comment suggested. Geesh.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Is there anything more cringeworthy than when Shiels and Finch get an attractive girl like Carly Booth on the course and start acting like a couple peacocks with Down syndrome?

Meet my grandson (5). He has Downs. I honestly don't know what to think of your comment but it certainly doesn't belong here.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Is there anything more cringeworthy than when Shiels and Finch get an attractive girl like Carly Booth on the course and start acting like a couple peacocks with Down syndrome?

Meet my grandson (5). He has Downs. I honestly don't know what to think of your comment but it certainly doesn't belong here.

I have told many of my classes this...

We respond to the aid of many who have special needs. In the case of Downs patients, they know no hate. They show unconditional and constant love towards everyone. They would never wage a war, steal, or hurt anyone else.

And yet in our society they are somehow measured by many as being of lessor intelligence.

I submit that the world would be a far better place if more of us simply learned from them. Their innocence should be a light of hope.

I tell my students this to make absolutely certain that, as they go forward and respond to their aid, that they feel no pity. No sadness. That they see a really special person who needs them for that moment.

In many ways I got into the habit of adding this to my lectures on assessment because we live in such a cruel society. I was trying to get it across to them that our service knows no boundaries. Service that comes from love and compassion rarely does.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I certainly wasn't trying to be offensive with my post - it was poor taste and I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Your grandson is a handsome fella and I'm sure you're beyond blessed to have him.

Original post edited.

True class.

Well done. Very well done.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Crossfield speaks in golf language I can relate to. Rick Shiels' reviews are great, but my golf handicap is too high gor me to relate to Rick Shiels.

[size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]driver - Titleist 915 D3 10.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fairway - Ping I25 18 degree 5 wood
hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19 & 23
Irons - Mizuno MP68 3-PW
wedges Mizuno MP-T5 50-58
putter - Ping Sigma G Doon[/font][/size]

I certainly wasn't trying to be offensive with my post - it was poor taste and I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Your grandson is a handsome fella and I'm sure you're beyond blessed to have him.

Original post edited.

Lessions learned. Life is full of them.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I have told many of my classes this...

We respond to the aid of many who have special needs. In the case of Downs patients, they know no hate. They show unconditional and constant love towards everyone. They would never wage a war, steal, or hurt anyone else.

And yet in our society they are somehow measured by many as being of lessor intelligence.

I submit that the world would be a far better place if more of us simply learned from them. Their innocence should be a light of hope.

I tell my students this to make absolutely certain that, as they go forward and respond to their aid, that they feel no pity. No sadness. That they see a really special person who needs them for that moment.

In many ways I got into the habit of adding this to my lectures on assessment because we live in such a cruel society. I was trying to get it across to them that our service knows no boundaries. Service that comes from love and compassion rarely does.

Thank you for that. Fantastically stated. He's the absolute coolest little dude I have ever met.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Off topic (or on) I had a cousin who had Downs (she has passed) and she was the best judge of character of any human being I have ever met. She also had the greatest memory for peoples names of anyone I have encountered. "genuine" doesn't even begin to cover her personality but it is the first word that comes to mind. In her final days I got to play checkers and a video game of Jeopardy with her for hours. No one I have ever encountered has been able to come close to her in terms of being fully present in an activity or a conversation. When she was talking with you it felt like time stood still and she had forgotten anyone else in the world existed. In a lot of ways I feel Downs is an advancement in humans.

See 2:22. Can't watch that without hearing her voice in my head.

I love Mark, Rick, and Pete. I have to say, though, that I think Mark's content these days is better than ever. There's nothing wrong with club reviews and comparisons (I will submit that Rick is the king of those), but Mark seems much more into playing the game and growing it organically as opposed to staring at launch monitor numbers. I think that teaching people how to play ready golf is much more valuable content than showing 200 rpm of spin difference between Driver A and Driver B. Just my two cents.

Alan on Aussie Golf Reviewer is really entertaining also. Really a great swing and uses a drone on every single hole to really highlight the course.

Fried Eggs golf out of the US is pretty solid also. No nearly the number of course vlogs but some great content.

The chemistry between Crossfield and Lockey is just solid fun to watch. Sometimes I wonder why "Coach" doesn't do a vlog or two on his own. Sort of like Fletch with Andy Carter. (Well he used to anyway - hasn't been on for awhile now)

Really like Crossfield as well but Fried Eggs Golf is the most entertaining channel to me on Youtube.

Really like Crossfield as well but Fried Eggs Golf is the most entertaining channel to me on Youtube.

YES. It surprises me that Fried Eggs does not have more subscribers.

Scuba Steve!

YES. It surprises me that Fried Eggs does not have more subscribers.

Scuba Steve!

His videos are by far the most original. But, Randy doesn't really do club reviews, and that's what moves the needle.

I have to say MC taking his reviews to course, playing real shots, etc., is a direct shot at RS. And, from my vantage point, he's showing a bit of the silliness of just pounding clubs into a simulator (especially irons) for a review.

To be honest, if the club reviews weren't so important for views and subs, I feel that MC might just drop that aspect from his channel. I very much get the sense that he knows that club tech really isn't changing. And, even if it is, how can these small gains really be measured. Just look at his reviews. How many drivers has he reviewed where he hits them + or - 5 yards from his usual 262. 90%, maybe more.

And, more importantly, his latest stuff really makes you think if the newest tech makes a difference or not on your score.. Even if you get 5 extra yards from your driver, does that actually translate to a lower score? Can that be measured? Is that measurable? His content in the last year is really making me think about these things and I think that's the best part of his channel.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

Crossfields course blog with Andy Sullivan is still the most entertaining bit...his banter is much better than Shiels. Unfortunately when you look at subs these top golf channels have nothing compared to others like fitness channels and video gamers etc. I think it shows how golf is not growing with today's youth and is on the decline

I LOVE Crossfields new on course reviews. Best on YouTube.

Shields reviews are hit or miss. Sorry but when you hitting the ball all over the face it doesn't tell you much about the club. Crossfields reviews tell me more about the club because he is a more consistent ball striker imo

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5