2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Official Aldila Black, Green, Copper Mamba Trackman Review Thread. Comparison to Tensei Pro Product.

TollBros

56 minutes ago, christof87 said:

How would you compare the RipX vs Rogue White 130 MSI in the 60TX.

Keen to understand differences in balance point and feel if possible?

I haven’t been able to test the new 60tx I built which is 45 tipped 1 inch but I had one before that was tipped 1/2 and played a little under but with that being said the rogue to me felt similar to my kk dc tx gamer. The ripx had a similar feel as well that it isn’t loose but has some feel to it as well which I like. It launched flatter for me but that could be a few things I was trying to do. I’m wanting to test the rogue that’s playing my normal length and tipping. The ripx felt stiffer in the hands which I like and the rogue felt a touch softer but both felt smooth but not loose with any swing I threw at it.

2 minutes ago, mtg said:

yeah that was my exact thinking, as these engineers can stabilize the tip section with better materials the need for uber-low torque goes out the window a little

Yes sir, it’s a solid shaft for the money. It’s something I could go back to but I decided to give my rogue a fair shot and in order to do that I need the ripx to go so I can stick to one.

• Thanks 1

I can’t sing the praises enough of the Aldila Xtorsion Copper 60TX. I own two of them. 1 at 44.25 playing length, and 1 at 44.75 playing length.  I play them in a g410 with a ton of headweight added, which makes me curious about similar shafts. I didn’t know the RIPX was an upgraded version, so that’s good to know. I’ve thought about getting a Green Mamba in a 60TX as well. The Copper just flat performs for me. It is the straightest flight I’ve ever hit a driver, and my ball spin isn’t lacking compared to others even at the shorter length with added head weight. I have a shoulder injury currently so I’m sidelined for a bit, and all my testing with the Copper has been with low spin balls, which has since changed. I know it’s not the shaft, but the person swinging it, so I tend to have low spin with most shafts that I like the feel/dispersion with, so I’m looking to raise that a bit with a ball change, but the Copper is the best feeling shaft I’ve ever hit. For me it hits all the spots 

1. Launches in a window that is acceptable (touch high, but not crazy) for me with my driver at 7.5* I launch it at around 15.5* average

2 Spin is on the low side at 17-1900rpm with my driver at 7.5, I find that 8* flat setting gets me hovering around 2000rpm 

3 Ball speed for me is typically between 164-168mph at 44.25 with added weight, but at full length with the off the shelf offerings in the Maverik and SIM I was the same ball speed average between the 3 drivers, with the SIM being 1mph faster, with worse dispersion. 

4. which should be ranked #1 honestly! I love the feel of this shaft in the 60TX. I owned a 70TX and thought it would be more of the same since the weight difference between the two is 3 grams, but the 70TX is lower torque and felt very stiff to me comparatively. The feeling of the shaft load on the 60TX was above and beyond for me

5. the straightest I have ever hit the ball by far. I usually play a slight draw and when I’m off it can become a over cooked draw/hook. Not with the Copper, it’s got me to eliminate my 3 wood because I’m more often finding the short grass with the driver than the 3 wood. I dropped it about 1-2 months after picking up a Xtorsion Copper, and I’ve never considered looking back! 

this thread has been great, and I am always glad to hear new info on the MAMBA  tech and similar profiles. 

thanks for sharing guys!  

This is a drive with my G410 lst set at 7.5 with the 44.25” Xtorsion Copper 60TX.  It was not my highest ball speed that day, or my longest drive that day, but certainly my straightest when I was testing it against a Maverik and SIM with their stock offereings at standard 45.5 or so lengths. The SIM I gave up on trying to do anything with other than play a fade, which is not my natural shot shape/sight picture. 

I was typically a 400-900rpm side spin (draw) when finding the middle of the face of the driver the past couple of years, before finding the Xtorsion Copper. My ball flight now is the straightest it’s ever been. 

1CE94EBA-95C9-4543-AEF2-6453DF08D63E.png

3 minutes ago, Drivingrangehero said:

I’ve thought about getting a Green Mamba in a 60TX as well. 

I have a Green Mamba in 60TX.  

I typically game a Diamana 'ahina in 60X.  I like the stable feel, and it keeps the left side out of play. 

The Green Mamba launches higher but feels similar to the 'ahina to me.   I can't comment on the Green vs Copper as I've never hit the copper.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

• 2 years later...

Reviving this old thread.  I’m in the market for a 3 wood shaft, have tried all the new stuff but still love the feeling of a mid launching Aldila.  I used to play RIP Phenom 80x and not really sure why I sold it.  My question is, should I just go back to this or is it worth trying an 80x Rogue White 130 or an XTorsion Copper?  Both seem to be similar, or at least on paper?  Thanks in advance for any advise!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/17/2023 at 3:48 PM, thinch84 said:

Reviving this old thread.  I’m in the market for a 3 wood shaft, have tried all the new stuff but still love the feeling of a mid launching Aldila.  I used to play RIP Phenom 80x and not really sure why I sold it.  My question is, should I just go back to this or is it worth trying an 80x Rogue White 130 or an XTorsion Copper?  Both seem to be similar, or at least on paper?  Thanks in advance for any advise!

Curious about this as well, especially torque values on the Xtorsion series - they're marketed as 'new tech' on twist, but seem to be mid-torque on paper?
Re: the Rogue White 130msi, I have a 70X tipped 1", and it is decidedly soft through the middle. Not a bad feeling actually, just flexy. Am guessing the 80X would be similar. The TX is purportedly a different animal. No clue on the Copper. Curious about the Black.

Taylormade R7 Quad TP 8.5* w/ Aldila Rogue SIlver 125msi 70TX

Titleist 915Fd 13.5* w/ ACCRA FX 470 M5+

Titleist TS2 17* hybrid w/ Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 95X

Titleist U500 20° w/ MMT 125 TX (HSx1)

Cobra King Forged MB 4i-Pw w/ KBS C-Taper 130X

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 52/58 mid w/ Rifle Spinner 7.0
Bell 2Way Blade w/ Rifle 7.0 HSx5 + Flatcat Tak Svelte

• 4 months later...

Can anyone compare the xtorsion black TX to the Hzrdus green TX, Diamana DF TX, or Kuro Kage XD TX? I have a tour issue 8 degree Cobra L4VX head that I want to put a shaft in. I like the 3 shafts I listed, but I’m thinking about putting the black mamba in it, just have never tried it. Does it feel or perform like any of those 3 shafts? Any input would be much appreciated!