2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods WITB 2017

CStephenson17

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That TM bag with his name on it is pretty nice looking.

He won’t use it in competition but cool to see it.

Unless his Monster contract was up at the end if 2017?

I can't see Tiger ever going back to an OEM bag deal. Gotta maximize those endorsement dollars.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

It was a multi-year deal unless Monster pulled out

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

It was a multi-year deal unless Monster pulled out

When did he sign that deal? 2 years ago right?

Fall of ‘16

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Well, Technically he’s not full TM. He’s not using their ball.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

I don't know about you all, but it is extremely weird to see Tiger full bore Taylormade... never thought I'd see him join the "Darkside".

Crazy.

I've been holding out hope ever since he briefly put the R510 TP in his bag that one time in Europe.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

I don't know about you all, but it is extremely weird to see Tiger full bore Taylormade... never thought I'd see him join the "Darkside".

Crazy.

I've been holding out hope ever since he briefly put the R510 TP in his bag that one time in Europe.

You will be in 7th heaven when he shows up with 13 TM sticks in the bag...

Crazy.

You will be in 7th heaven when he shows up with 13 TM sticks in the bag...

:yes:

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Crazy.

He put that in play for a week just to get a head. He sent it to get tested. Wasn't long after that he made his proclamation that he knew there were illegal drivers on tour. Wonder how he knew?

Crazy.

He put that in play for a week just to get a head. He sent it to get tested. Wasn't long after that he made his proclamation that he knew there were illegal drivers on tour. Wonder how he knew?

I'm aware of the backstory. But he didn't have to play the club to get a head. That's where the whole story falls down, and always has.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Crazy.

I'm aware of the backstory. But he didn't have to play the club to get a head. That's where the whole story falls down, and always has.

The story falls down? You insinuating it isn't true??

Crazy.

I’m sure he had to do so to get a hot one. How else would he get one ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Crazy.

I'm sure he had to do so to get a hot one. How else would he get one ?

Ask for one? How else would he have gotten the one he put into play? There wasn't going to be a rep standing on the first tee to take the club back if Tiger didn't put the club in play.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Crazy.

The story falls down? You insinuating it isn't true??

My post wasn't very clear. Sorry. What falls down is the idea that the head was hot. There's never been any proof that the 510 DF he put in play was hot. In 2003, Tiger was pissed that people were hitting it past him and he started claiming drivers were hot. I remember it well. Did he have the driver tested? I'm sure of it, but I've never seen anything that shows that head was hot. If I'm wrong, find me a source and I'll happily backtrack on the way I remember it all.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

My post wasn't very clear. Sorry. What falls down is the idea that the head was hot. There's never been any proof that the 510 DF he put in play was hot. In 2003, Tiger was pissed that people were hitting it past him and he started claiming drivers were hot. I remember it well. Did he have the driver tested? I'm sure of it, but I've never seen anything that shows that head was hot. If I'm wrong, find me a source and I'll happily backtrack on the way I remember it all.

I worked in the lab where the head was tested

I worked in the lab where the head was tested

LOL...I had a funny feeling

This was pre CT test, correct? So it was the original COR test?

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Correct Jesse, was pre-CT test, so it was the .830 COR limit and manufacturers were permitted to make faces up to .822 to allow for slight tolerances.

The USGA and R&A aligned on .830 COR after initially agreeing to go separate ways. The R&A allowed organizers of events featuring "highly skilled golfers" to put in place a .830 COR limit and in April 2004, the R&A announced that it would impose the .830 COR limit in the British Amateur and Open Championship (Troon).

The R510 TP (which was awesome BTW), was only ever made in the .830 COR version, i.e. we never made a .860 MAX COR version as this was a low quantity/production SKU.

We differentiated the head as per this image below - the .830 COR versions had the model name engraved high toe on the face and the .860 MAX COR versions (which were conforming in R&A governed territories until 2008, had MAX engraved high toe on the face).

So the confusion may have come from the switchover period when some .860 MAX COR model variations were made available for amateur golfers and the .830 COR versions were only ever given to Tour pros, elite amateurs who may play in professional events, etc. But, the R510 TP was only ever made in a .830 COR version.

Tiger played the .830 COR R510 TP at the Deutsche Bank SAP Open in May 2003 and it was an iconic high launch, low spin deep face driver that we made from learnings on the 300 Series driver and the XR-03 Driver (Europe and Japan only).

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Correct Jesse, was pre-CT test, so it was the .830 COR limit and manufacturers were permitted to make faces up to .822 to allow for slight tolerances.

The USGA and R&A aligned on .830 COR after initially agreeing to go separate ways. The R&A allowed organizers of events featuring "highly skilled golfers" to put in place a .830 COR limit and in April 2004, the R&A announced that it would impose the .830 COR limit in the British Amateur and Open Championship (Troon).

The R510 TP (which was awesome BTW), was only ever made in the .830 COR version, i.e. we never made a .860 MAX COR version as this was a low quantity/production SKU.

We differentiated the head as per this image below - the .830 COR versions had the model name engraved high toe on the face and the .860 MAX COR versions (which were conforming in R&A governed territories until 2008, had MAX engraved high toe on the face).

So the confusion may have come from the switchover period when some .860 MAX COR model variations were made available for amateur golfers and the .830 COR versions were only ever given to Tour pros, elite amateurs who may play in professional events, etc. But, the R510 TP was only ever made in a .830 COR version.

Tiger played the .830 COR R510 TP at the Deutsche Bank SAP Open in May 2003 and it was an iconic high launch, low spin deep face driver that we made from learnings on the 300 Series driver and the XR-03 Driver (Europe and Japan only).

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Now, that is what I call a detailed response!

Was every R510 TP sent to a Tour pro tested by TaylorMade to make sure it was only at .830 COR?

It was not feasible to COR test every driver sent to tour. It was a test that took a long time to finish and the face had to be marked up. It could also only be done to heads with no shaft. That is the reason the USGA developed the CT test.

Was every R510 TP sent to a Tour pro tested by TaylorMade to make sure it was only at .830 COR?

It was not feasible to COR test every driver sent to tour. It was a test that took a long time to finish and the face had to be marked up. It could also only be done to heads with no shaft. That is the reason the USGA developed the CT test.

So Tiger’s could have been hot?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

So Tiger’s could have been hot?

Theoretically yes it could have been.

So Tiger's could have been hot?

Theoretically? Thought you worked in the lab where they measured his to be hot. Did you see a measurement of that head that was over the limit at that lab?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

So Tiger's could have been hot?

Theoretically? Thought you worked in the lab where they measured his to be hot. Did you see a measurement of that head that was over the limit at that lab?

I saw the measurement. Read my statement however you want. I haven't said one way or another that that his head tested hot. Just that he got that one tested and then said he knew there were hot heads on tour. I never said what the results of his test were.