2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

What do you do for a living...

NCBankrolla

Retired. Was a geek at Bell Labs and helped usher in the modern word of digital everything.

Now I make coffee part time (when I'm not golfing, in our place in Chucktown, or visiting our great Western states) for locals and tourists here in the smokies.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch people sleep. Through a video camera. On a computer next door.......I’m a polysomnogram tech and a Respiratory Therapist. Both are terribly boring and can’t wait to get a different career.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Medical Imaging (CT/Radiologic Technologist)

Also know as meat processing....lol ( or cooking vegetables)

Looking to do something else, but I’ve only got about 8-10 years left until retirement, and the pay is pretty good in the right environment.

The field has changed for the worse the past 7-8 years.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

Looking to do something else, but I’ve only got about 8-10 years left until retirement, and the pay is pretty good in the right environment.

My wife is a Rad Tech... she recently moved back into X-ray for a network of outpatient facilities (hooray no more weekend and call). While the stress is down and hours are better, I think a big part of her misses her last job (interventional radiology).

I am a IT Audit Manager within the internal audit group at a oil and gas company. As boring as it sounds, I enjoy it. Moving on to new projects every 2-3 months is great. Working with different people from across the organization is nice. In the right audit department, things will always be moving, always changing, and always evolving.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Looking to do something else, but I've only got about 8-10 years left until retirement, and the pay is pretty good in the right environment.

My wife is a Rad Tech... she recently moved back into X-ray for a network of outpatient facilities (hooray no more weekend and call). While the stress is down and hours are better, I think a big part of her misses her last job (interventional radiology).

I am a IT Audit Manager within the internal audit group at a oil and gas company. As boring as it sounds, I enjoy it. Moving on to new projects every 2-3 months is great. Working with different people from across the organization is nice. In the right audit department, things will always be moving, always changing, and always evolving.

I worked in IR for several years early in my career, but the call/stress just killed my enthusiasm for that modality. Glad she found a balance. I get the "miss it"thing though.

I have found that I don't want to do Large hospital work any more.

Much of what I learned there has traveled with me into other jobs and opened unique opportunities for me. I love CT, don't have call currently and work 3/12's for a stand alone ER that will be open in February.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

I'm a retired trillionaire that used to live on Pluto.

So is Pluto a planet or just a big rock?

It's no longer a Planet. That's why I left. After putting up a massive fight of course, to no avail.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Looking to do something else, but I've only got about 8-10 years left until retirement, and the pay is pretty good in the right environment.

I worked in IR for several years early in my career, but the call/stress just killed my enthusiasm for that modality. Glad she found a balance. I get the "miss it"thing though.

I have found that I don't want to do Large hospital work any more.

Much of what I learned there has traveled with me into other jobs and opened unique opportunities for me. I love CT, don't have call currently and work 3/12's for a stand alone ER that will be open in February.

Ah she needs to find a gig like that. I think what she doesn’t like about her current role is working 8-5 M-F... better than working weekends, better than taking call, but not better than working 4 10’s or 3 12’s like she did in the past.

I run a auto repair business my father started in 1978, life is good!

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

I saw a couple guys reply - Auditor.

You guys are a pain in my Word not allowed.

I am a Security Analyst for the largest commercial broker on earth. I swear I am working through audits 8 months of the year.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I am a Security Analyst for the largest commercial broker on earth. I swear I am working through audits 8 months of the year.

That's frustrating. Seems like you have a group which is too heavily focused in one area. That or your area is of such high risk that it comes with the territory. I tend to believe Audit departments are beginning to focus way to heavily in security. Obviously its critical and very high risk. IA needs to have a presence in that area, but, IA shouldn't try to be the security department. Some departments I work with feel like they need to be the security department. We don't, nor should we, have the expertise to play that role. I like to focus my group on value add proposition reviews. So how and where can the IA department inject themselves to provide value to the organization. I try to get our department away from the pure check the box compliance exercises (i.e. SOX, PCI, etc... thing we have to do but shouldn't be the only thing we do). I look for areas of IT like SDLC projects and any other major initiatives (Asset Management, Data Analytics, Data warhousing, etc.) and find ways to identify, assess and mitigate risks which help the successful completion of those initiatives. That way, we stop getting looked at as a pure pain in the butt but as a business partner and a team that provides a unique view of the organization to add value.

Enough about that though, being a pain is part of the territory. I believe my job description is 'Perpetual Pest'.

That's frustrating. Seems like you have a group which is too heavily focused in one area. That or your area is of such high risk that it comes with the territory. I tend to believe Audit departments are beginning to focus way to heavily in security. Obviously its critical and very high risk. IA needs to have a presence in that area, but, IA shouldn't try to be the security department. Some departments I work with feel like they need to be the security department. We don't, nor should we, have the expertise to play that role. I like to focus my group on value add proposition reviews. So how and where can the IA department inject themselves to provide value to the organization. I try to get our department away from the pure check the box compliance exercises (i.e. SOX, PCI, etc... thing we have to do but shouldn't be the only thing we do). I look for areas of IT like SDLC projects and any other major initiatives (Asset Management, Data Analytics, Data warhousing, etc.) and find ways to identify, assess and mitigate risks which help the successful completion of those initiatives. That way, we stop getting looked at as a pure pain in the butt but as a business partner and a team that provides a unique view of the organization to add value.

Enough about that though, being a pain is part of the territory. I believe my job description is 'Perpetual Pest'.

Goodness, that is a refreshing little tidbit. I was sure you all were just fed meat through a door as children...lol.

It is nice to hear that perspective, as so many just seem to enjoy being a pain, and not actually working WITH us.

Yes, am Security Audit/Admin, also run the Compliance logging tool, so absolutely that group that has their hands in everything security related. I understand it is that nature of the beast, just wish more had a thought process that matched yours.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Goodness, that is a refreshing little tidbit. I was sure you all were just fed meat through a door as children...lol.

It is nice to hear that perspective, as so many just seem to enjoy being a pain, and not actually working WITH us.

Yes, am Security Audit/Admin, also run the Compliance logging tool, so absolutely that group that has their hands in everything security related. I understand it is that nature of the beast, just wish more had a thought process that matched yours.

As do I haha. It's the way the industry is pivoting, albeit, very slowly.

Shameless plug - I am on the market looking for a IT Audit Manager/Sr. Mgr role due to a recent acquisition I'm currently wading through.

First off, ex military here.

Now I'm a Human Resources VP at a hospital system, but also responsible for a variety of additional areas, such as IT, property leasing, etc...

It is pretty much an 8a - 5p job, so I have time for a regular weekly game on the weekends. Very good pay, and good quality of work life. I consider myself blessed.

Hit em good

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23° Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54° & 58°: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)

Trophy Husband. Get the kids to school with matching clothes, hair brushed, and ensure sliced fruit is in lunches. Make sure they are on time for gymnastics, taekwon do, and swim. Rinse and Repeat.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2