Circle City Chili Dipper- Indy Golf Thread

HoosierHacker89

Played plum creek tonight for the first time in several years. We had a blast and the course is in fantastic shape other than the rock hard sand. I love the layout and the challenge that the course offers. The greens were as good as anything I’ve seen in several months. Course is playing very firm. 

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

• 2 weeks later...

I played ironwood this past weekend. It has been quite awhile since I’d been there. For late fall the conditions were ok. I feel like it would be worth another go come mid summer. 

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for some recommendations for lessons for both myself and kids. I am around 15 handicap, have been playing on and off but never regular unfortunately. Self taught but need lessons to improve. Have a 13 yr old and 9 yr old who have been going to range with me last summer but would like some kid friendly instructor for them to get them on the right track.

Any/ All help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, ziqch said:

Looking for some recommendations for lessons for both myself and kids. I am around 15 handicap, have been playing on and off but never regular unfortunately. Self taught but need lessons to improve. Have a 13 yr old and 9 yr old who have been going to range with me last summer but would like some kid friendly instructor for them to get them on the right track.

Any/ All help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I did an iron fitting yesterday at Prairie View. May get a few maintenance lessons there as well when things warm up. I've never done that kind of fitting and learned a lot just from 40 minutes swinging and talking. They were doing a fitting for a teenager in the bay next to me, so I'm sure they could help you and your children as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DrOldSchool said:

This winter needs to end already

I'm blaming MarmooskaPaul.  If he'd get off the freak'n ice already!

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the daily greens fee at Brickyard Crossing has jumped up to $130.  I know it was below the $100 mark just a couple of years ago, so I was surprised to see the rate so high on their website.  Having never been to the course, would locals recommend it at this price point, given the value of other courses in the area?   

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter

Just heard this weekend that Roger Penske wants to keep the number of rounds down at the Brickyard.

This'll do it ($130).

Regarding golf this weekend at Pleasant Run, IU at Purdue at 2:00 will keep me home but Sunday is a possibility.

What time is everyone thinking?  I'm open.

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

18 hours ago, Pigator5 said:

@Bob Cat Looks like we have room for 1 more on Sunday at Trophy club at 11:48 if you want to join?

Thanks for the invite.  Sounds like you're good now so I'm playing Pleasant Run with some other dudes.

I only log onto this site maybe once a day or every other day and don't have notifications setup so I mussed your invite.  Appreciate it though!

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

I posted a few pages ago, and don't follow this closely, so hoping for some advice/follow-up to my last post?  I'm new in the IND area, have been here since OCT, but with this damn virus have really not done much other than work/grocery store/liquor store/Apt.

I did make it to some cow pasture driving range/putt putt on the Southwest side this week, and spent about 4 hours chipping/putting at Eagle Creek today.  I know I need to play Fort, Purgatory, (and a few others mentioned) in close reach of NW IND, but wondering if any of you Hoosiers think a "membership" at Eagle Creek is worth it?

Positives: I almost always ride, and they have some "unlimited" package for $1600 that includes rounds(anytime M-F, after 11 weekends), cart, and all the range balls I'd need when I don't play (basically 200 per day).  It's attractive because it's only about 10 minutes from work, 2 Dye courses, they have a weekend Men's League I could join to meet up with people, and it would be a "home base".

Negatives: While $1600 isn't a Princely sum for a summer/fall of "unlimited" golf, I'll still be traveling back to AKR to play occasionally (at least every few weeks during the summer) so will not get "full" benefits, and I'm not rich by any means so want to be careful.  Haven't ever played the place (will play both courses and judge overall condition before I ever think about paying), and don't know anyone.  What if there's nothing but a bunch of D-Bags?  I realize I won't know this until I hang out there a while, but hate to keep paying daily fees if it turns out it's some place I like hanging out, but also don't want to pay up front until I know some of these things.  Also, my family is staying back in OH, so no need for any "social" benefits (other than hanging out with whoever I play with and enjoying a few cocktails after the round).

I realize it's not a "Private" membership that I'm locked into, and just write it off as a bad decision if it doesn't work out, and play different places next year.  Look forward to all your opinions!

Jay

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

15 hours ago, halliedog said:

I posted a few pages ago, and don't follow this closely, so hoping for some advice/follow-up to my last post?  I'm new in the IND area, have been here since OCT, but with this damn virus have really not done much other than work/grocery store/liquor store/Apt.

I did make it to some cow pasture driving range/putt putt on the Southwest side this week, and spent about 4 hours chipping/putting at Eagle Creek today.  I know I need to play Fort, Purgatory, (and a few others mentioned) in close reach of NW IND, but wondering if any of you Hoosiers think a "membership" at Eagle Creek is worth it?

Positives: I almost always ride, and they have some "unlimited" package for $1600 that includes rounds(anytime M-F, after 11 weekends), cart, and all the range balls I'd need when I don't play (basically 200 per day).  It's attractive because it's only about 10 minutes from work, 2 Dye courses, they have a weekend Men's League I could join to meet up with people, and it would be a "home base".

Negatives: While $1600 isn't a Princely sum for a summer/fall of "unlimited" golf, I'll still be traveling back to AKR to play occasionally (at least every few weeks during the summer) so will not get "full" benefits, and I'm not rich by any means so want to be careful.  Haven't ever played the place (will play both courses and judge overall condition before I ever think about paying), and don't know anyone.  What if there's nothing but a bunch of D-Bags?  I realize I won't know this until I hang out there a while, but hate to keep paying daily fees if it turns out it's some place I like hanging out, but also don't want to pay up front until I know some of these things.  Also, my family is staying back in OH, so no need for any "social" benefits (other than hanging out with whoever I play with and enjoying a few cocktails after the round).

I realize it's not a "Private" membership that I'm locked into, and just write it off as a bad decision if it doesn't work out, and play different places next year.  Look forward to all your opinions!

Jay

Not sure if this helps but Matt Parrott (pro) and Shawna in the snack bar are exceptional human beings.

I don't know any of the members and just play there a few times annually.  To have 2 courses to choose from would be nice.  They might even have a reciprocity with other RN Thompson run courses in Indy (https://rnthompsongolf.com/home/)?

Welcome to the area!

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Do courses not run in house scrambles in Indy all that often? I live in Chicago and it seems like every course has a spring/fall/random scrambles through out the year. I was looking to get into a scramble in Indy this spring but am having no luck. I've called Plum Creek, Trophy Club, Prairie View and Bear Slide so far and they have nothing. Purgatory has a 2 man on the 17th of april. But that is all I've found so far. 

Anyone know of any 4 man scrambles (non charity hosted) in the area this spring? 

Edited by mci711

I'm not sure how to bookmark a thread so I get notifications every time it's updated, but I'll try to figure out and hope to meet up with some of you guys this spring/summer.  I'm going to have an extremely busy April at work, and will be traveling back to OH in August for local tournaments I've played in for ages, but will definitely need to hook up with some IN people/groups during the summer.  I stay right at 86th and Payne, so easy access to 695 in either direction to the NE or NW.

DrOldSchool, if I didn't go back to OH this weekend I would've definitely taken you up on a weekend round!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

@halliedog

If you're looking for great wings, a bunch of TV's, and a large selection of brews, look no further than the Ale Emporium to the N of the Castleton Mall.

A favorite local spot for March Madness viewing.

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Greetings fellow chili dippers!

I am new to the area and even newer to this thread. Very glad to have stumbled across it as I am looking for people to play with this year.

I am downtown (for now), so it's pretty easy for me to get around.

I've only played a few courses around the area (Brickyard, The Fort, Prairie View). I'm excited to play new courses and meet some of you all this season.

Dan