2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

SOOOO did you make those putts :D

His was good from 2 feet and let's just say mine broke the hole when I was only playing half a hole... I've been a weird putter lately where I'm hitting tons of edges and just not making anything from that 8-15 foot range. But then, it seems like I'm good for 1 or 2 bombs from 50 feet with 6 feet of break each round. :fool:

Sadly my putting has been the low point this year. When we played at CG I missed every birdie putt but the one on 18 which was a two putt bird...

I went back to an old trick to smooth out my stroke in the last few weeks. Placing a quarter on the back of the putter and smooth out my stroke backwards/forward so the quarter stays there (At least not fall off). It seems to be helping line a lot, just need to practice speed.

If its not one part of the game its another LOL

Edit: I use a Newport 2 putter so a quarter just barely works, some use washers.

I switched up after we played too. My change of choice is to add lead tape to the bottom of my putter to get some extra weight on it. Basically, it makes it feel new and unusual in my hands which typically helps me putt a little better. I'm sure in a month it will all get ripped off and we'll start again...

I just put putter #3 in the bag this week. But I have not bought one yet this year at least!

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOOO did you make those putts :D

His was good from 2 feet and let's just say mine broke the hole when I was only playing half a hole... I've been a weird putter lately where I'm hitting tons of edges and just not making anything from that 8-15 foot range. But then, it seems like I'm good for 1 or 2 bombs from 50 feet with 6 feet of break each round. :fool:

Sadly my putting has been the low point this year. When we played at CG I missed every birdie putt but the one on 18 which was a two putt bird...

I went back to an old trick to smooth out my stroke in the last few weeks. Placing a quarter on the back of the putter and smooth out my stroke backwards/forward so the quarter stays there (At least not fall off). It seems to be helping line a lot, just need to practice speed.

If its not one part of the game its another LOL

Edit: I use a Newport 2 putter so a quarter just barely works, some use washers.

I switched up after we played too. My change of choice is to add lead tape to the bottom of my putter to get some extra weight on it. Basically, it makes it feel new and unusual in my hands which typically helps me putt a little better. I'm sure in a month it will all get ripped off and we'll start again...

I just put putter #3 in the bag this week. But I have not bought one yet this year at least!

It's still early :P

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Finally posted a good round last night, in fact a great round for me. We had our 9 hole men's team best ball event at GVR last night, and I played great to shoot a 38, with leaving a couple putts a few inches from the hole. I can't remember ever putting that well. I felt like I couldn't miss and even sunk a 50 footer.

I could definitely tell how weak my mental game is though. My potential score was in my head after the 2nd hole and I couldn't shake it. Fortunately, I really only made one small mistake from that point, but it was a mental struggle.

Edit: the one huge disappointment was that I couldn't keep going. It could have been my best 18 ever, but we'll never know!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Finally posted a good round last night, in fact a great round for me. We had our 9 hole men's team best ball event at GVR last night, and I played great to shoot a 38, with leaving a couple putts a few inches from the hole. I can't remember ever putting that well. I felt like I couldn't miss and even sunk a 50 footer.

I could definitely tell how weak my mental game is though. My potential score was in my head after the 2nd hole and I couldn't shake it. Fortunately, I really only made one small mistake from that point, but it was a mental struggle.

Edit: the one huge disappointment was that I couldn't keep going. It could have been my best 18 ever, but we'll never know!

I know that feeling, I've only shot even par for 18 holes once in my life (except when a buddy and I joined our wives on the red tees I was -2). I've had a half dozen nine hole scores under par, but never for 18.

Was playing my home course back in high school and planned to play nine then head home cause it was already like 6:15pm when we started. But I was even after 7 and then bogeyed an easy par 5 on the 8th hole only to make a bomb for birdie on the next hole. They all said you have to keep going. So we played 7 more holes and I parred every one of them. It was nearly 10:00 at this point and getting very dark. I played the last two holes solo and finished them in less than 5 minutes (par 3 and short par 4, I also had a gas cart with the speed limiter removed at my disposal, thanks grandpa!) Couldn't see any of my shots but knew they were straight and tapped in for a 72.....I know, cool story bro.

Also does anyone else find that their golf memory is super human? but I can't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday. I remember golf shots I hit over 20 years ago like they happened earlier today.

I remember the time I was leading a high school golf tournament in the rain. Shot 1-under on the front. A few holes into the back 9 when the rain was really coming down, my drive ended up literally 6 inches off the ground on a tree branch. I decided to be a hero and try to swing at it--total whiff. I took a 10 on the hole.

FRGC was able to move tomorrow's tournament to August. Stay dry, everyone!

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I know that feeling, I've only shot even par for 18 holes once in my life (except when a buddy and I joined our wives on the red tees I was -2). I've had a half dozen nine hole scores under par, but never for 18.

Was playing my home course back in high school and planned to play nine then head home cause it was already like 6:15pm when we started. But I was even after 7 and then bogeyed an easy par 5 on the 8th hole only to make a bomb for birdie on the next hole. They all said you have to keep going. So we played 7 more holes and I parred every one of them. It was nearly 10:00 at this point and getting very dark. I played the last two holes solo and finished them in less than 5 minutes (par 3 and short par 4, I also had a gas cart with the speed limiter removed at my disposal, thanks grandpa!) Couldn't see any of my shots but knew they were straight and tapped in for a 72.....I know, cool story bro.

Also does anyone else find that their golf memory is super human? but I can't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday. I remember golf shots I hit over 20 years ago like they happened earlier today.

I remember every shot from nearly every round. It's nuts. My wife gets a little annoyed when I can recap a round but can't remember to add something to the calendar 20 minutes after she asks.

Well a few buddies and I stupidly decided to play in the rain yesterday. It wasn’t too bad for the first few holes but it never let up. Now I have a nice cough as punishment.

Only reason I’m posting about this is we had an interesting moment on #6 on the Canyon at Fox Hollow. My buddy hit a solid 8 iron about pin high but during his follow through his club went flying into the woods. After a solid minute of uncontrollable laughter we spent the next 15 minutes before finding it and we found two other clubs in the process. One of them was an old 5 wood that had to have been there since the 90’s.

Next time we all agreed to head to the bar and play golden tee instead.

Well a few buddies and I stupidly decided to play in the rain yesterday. It wasn’t too bad for the first few holes but it never let up. Now I have a nice cough as punishment.

Only reason I’m posting about this is we had an interesting moment on #6 on the Canyon at Fox Hollow. My buddy hit a solid 8 iron about pin high but during his follow through his club went flying into the woods. After a solid minute of uncontrollable laughter we spent the next 15 minutes before finding it and we found two other clubs in the process. One of them was an old 5 wood that had to have been there since the 90’s.

The tourney I played in yesterday went off as usual. Greens were bumpy at Heritage Eagle because the Poa Ana was long as they probably couldn't mow for two days. Thankfully, I bought really good rain gear 4 years ago to go to Bandon and was able to stay dry but not warm lol.

Trying to remember Canyon 8. Is it the longest par 3 at Fox Hollow? Anyway, club heads coming off are always funny, unless it happens to me....in a tournament.

I was really pleased with the course conditions out at Legacy Ridge on Saturday. It was cold and windy, but we just got some real light rain on maybe 3-4 holes. Other than that, it was just cloudy.

But man, 39º wind-chill was not really fun to play in. Ended up with 3 balls either OB or lost into red staked hazards. I can't remember the last time I had to take a penalty stroke during a tournament, but Saturdays I took 4! Absolutely insane. Ended up shooting an 84 with those penalty strokes, including a 3-putt par on 18. Just was off all day, and nothing felt right.

But over half the field in my flight shot in the 90's. So I still ended up doing better than a majority. So it definitely affected everyone in a negative way.

Played my first round match play yesterday and played the classic old guy 17 handicap who hits a 180 yard slight left to right ball on every shot. Hit two balls out of bounds on two and had a couple three putts from close in. On a positive note I hit my irons better than I have in maybe a year and seemed to flag everything. Ended up winning the match 5 and 4 after being down 1 through 5.

Question, what do you guys do on the holes after the match is closed out? Right now I'm a 5 handicap which is definitely high for me. I took an 8 followed by a couple three putt bogeys, then was 3 under for the next 7 holes, and finished the match up with bogey and par. I'm +3 with 4 holes to go when the match is closed out.

I typically play the rest and just see what happens without trying too hard. What do you guys do?

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Played my first round match play yesterday and played the classic old guy 17 handicap who hits a 180 yard slight left to right ball on every shot. Hit two balls out of bounds on two and had a couple three putts from close in. On a positive note I hit my irons better than I have in maybe a year and seemed to flag everything. Ended up winning the match 5 and 4 after being down 1 through 5.

Question, what do you guys do on the holes after the match is closed out? Right now I'm a 5 handicap which is definitely high for me. I took an 8 followed by a couple three putt bogeys, then was 3 under for the next 7 holes, and finished the match up with bogey and par. I'm +3 with 4 holes to go when the match is closed out.

I typically play the rest and just see what happens without trying too hard. What do you guys do?

I don't play any competitive golf, but this is 100% what I'd do if I did. Might as well, right?

Don't be jealous, but I shot a smooth 102 at Black Bear today (93 ESC adjusted). That included a birdie and three pars. My golf app crapped out in the middle of the round, but I think I had around 42 putts. The worst miss you can have at Black Bear is just outside the fringe; and that is where my ball almost always ended up. The deep rough along the fairways were also almost impossible to advance the ball; after 2-3 hacks, I had to take an unplayable and drop it in the regular rough. The course is in fantastic shape.

But, hey, it sure beats working.

Not sure about Sat. but playing some couples events on Friday and Sunday.

Play well and enjoy the warm weather this weekend.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I’ve got a tee time for 9:19 at GVR on Saturday. It was the earliest slot I could grab as a single. I just looked though and it looks like there’s 3 slots open at 7:35 for Sat. If anyone’s interested in playing that early, I’d switch my time.

Sunday the wife has plans for us to do something. Maybe I can luck out and get out on Monday too.

I’ve got a tee time for 9:19 at GVR on Saturday. It was the earliest slot I could grab as a single. I just looked though and it looks like there’s 3 slots open at 7:35 for Sat. If anyone’s interested in playing that early, I’d switch my time.

Sunday the wife has plans for us to do something. Maybe I can luck out and get out on Monday too.

GM... let me check could be down for an early time Saturday. Will get back to you later today.

Wish I could get out this weekend, but the wife made plans for us to go away and she stated I couldn't take my clubs (which I thought was kinda harsh :) ).

but seeing as how we just got back from 2.5 weeks in China and I hadn't swung a club in over 3 weeks I'm not sure I'd be ready to play this weekend.

Had a horrific range session last night. I was topping everything and then hit one shot so fat the club stopped before the ball.

Guess that means tonight's range session will be better right? 'cause I'm not sure it could have been worse.

GM... let me check could be down for an early time Saturday. Will get back to you later today.

Cool. I just looked again and there were only two spots left. So I just went ahead and booked the twosome at 7:35 just so it didn’t get taken. I’d prefer to play earlier anyway. Just let me know if you can make it or not.

I've got a tee time for 9:19 at GVR on Saturday. It was the earliest slot I could grab as a single. I just looked though and it looks like there's 3 slots open at 7:35 for Sat. If anyone's interested in playing that early, I'd switch my time.

I'm playing the 9:38 Saturday....don't like starting that late, especially on weekends, but wasn't my tee time so oh well.

I just realized we are full-blown into summer/prime pricing. I can't find anything for the $30-$40 range. It sucks to be poor.

I know it's not sexy, but you really can't beat $13 at Family Sports. If you ever want to meet after work for a quick 9, especially in July, I'm down.

The tourney I played in yesterday went off as usual. Greens were bumpy at Heritage Eagle because the Poa Ana was long as they probably couldn't mow for two days. Thankfully, I bought really good rain gear 4 years ago to go to Bandon and was able to stay dry but not warm lol.

Trying to remember Canyon 8. Is it the longest par 3 at Fox Hollow? Anyway, club heads coming off are always funny, unless it happens to me....in a tournament.

It was the the par 3 right after the signature hole at Fox (the one with the layup then 60 foot drop on the approach) but yes number 8 is the really long par 3 with a huge green. Yeah club heads flying off is always a good time, but it was the whole damn club! For some reason its never funny when its done it intentionally (don't ask me how I know ;) ) but when its due to circumstance and unexpected I can never stop laughing.

I just realized we are full-blown into summer/prime pricing. I can't find anything for the $30-$40 range. It sucks to be poor.

Yeah tell me about it. I had planned an outing at Bear Dance for my birthday next Friday, but being that it is June 1st they wanted $130! Um, I like that course and all, but it's not worth more than $80 in my opinion. We settled on either Coal or Walnut Creek because I desperately want to try the BBQ at Wayne's Smoke Shack in Superior.

That ESC adjustment is nuts! Good work! Lol

Yeah, it irks me that some people I know don't follow these rules. They are the guys who say "my score is my score" Now I'm definitely not a rules monger by any means, but don't keep a handicap if you aren't going to do it correctly. I do think that system is flawed though. One of my buddies should be whatever the max handicap is (36?) because you'd have to give him about 50 before he could approach shooting an even par net round. So when he drops10-12 strokes a round on his ESC which keeps him around 30 it doesn't really make sense to me.

Meanwhile I've entered in what I thought was a good round for me and had it trend up....probably just dropped a really good score off from last year.

Who is playing Saturday? Thinking of playing Saturday or Sunday....or BOTH LOL If I dont get wife AGRO to work on the yard :tongue:

Okay, one more and I'll stop being a post whore :lol:

Have men's league and couples on Saturday and then a Red White and Blue tournament on Sunday for Memorial Day. It is a mixed 4 person scramble where you rotate what tees you hit from each hole. The goal is to shoot the lowest score possible be sober enough that you can still stand and write down a score on the card. The tournament is unofficially sponsored by Uber/Lyft. We also are cramming 19 teams into 16 tee times, so that ought to be fun....