Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked an 11:20am time at The Ridge to get a practice round in on Sunday (Still 1 left). High of 49º suites me just fine. Bummer if the greens are still recovering from being punched within the past month, but I'm more concerned about getting swings in. I was all over the place off the tee last weekend. My driver was definitely not dialed in at all after such a long break in playing. So I just want to find some fairways and get some good approaches in. I figure with the scramble, we'll have 4 chances to make putts anyway...so greens don't need to be perfect.

Any chance we can get two teams for this? I might be able to talk a buddy or two into it.

I’ve got Me, Deadsolid and Jacob confirmed. We’ll give Hardrain another day or so before we go looking for a fourth.

Update for Deadsolid and Jacob: I went ahead and signed us up – even though we only have 3 confirmed. The website required all four names and emails, but I went ahead and used one of my employees as a placeholder. We’ll just change the info for the fourth when we get a fourth.

Now, let's hope for some decent weather!

seven dewey (and maybe +1), noodler, and I are Colorado WRX team #2. :)

I also have a Bears jersey, but I'm way too embarrassed to wear it in public (seriously, if you saw the name of the QB on the back, you would be too). I would wear a hockey jersey, but that would seem out of place.

Actually, maybe I should wear it to see just how many Bears fans will remember him.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

seven dewey (and maybe +1), noodler, and I are Colorado WRX team #2. :)

I also have a Bears jersey, but I'm way too embarrassed to wear it in public (seriously, if you saw the name of the QB on the back, you would be too). I would wear a hockey jersey, but that would seem out of place.

Actually, maybe I should wear it to see just how many Bears fans will remember him.

I have a Bears Cutler jersey, but I'm just going to say I hate him as a QB but I'm a big fan of his role on Very Cavallari (If you don't know what that is you are probably not living with a woman who watches garbage reality TV, and I envy your life)

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Wish I could have made one of the teams. Have fun, fellas.

Who knows, someone could very well drop out in the next 10 days....especially if the forecast takes a turn for the worse. Speaking of which. I think I need a new pair of golf pants. My only 2 pairs went down in flames in past couple of seasons and I've been resorting to rain pants.

Kind of a stupid question, but I’m not familiar with that particular area or the courses. The name is The Ridge correct? South of Denver.

Yep, Castle Pines North. Here's the link

https://playtheridge.com/

I have not played there, but Jacob seems to like it.

Thanks. I think I’ve read and heard about it. I think the problem for me is I’m used to hearing it as Castle Pines. Threw me off a bit.

Looks awesome. Is it doable to get there by taking 85 south. I’ll be dropping the Mrs off in Highlanfs Ranch between Lucent and Sante Fe. Or is it just easier to go backroads 25?

I sure hope the weather holds, I’m getting excited, this is replacing my Mesquite trip this year.

Thanks. I think I've read and heard about it. I think the problem for me is I'm used to hearing it as Castle Pines. Threw me off a bit.

There is Castle Pines (Village) and Castle Pines North.

Castle Pines Village is a gated community built on Jack Vicker's land. There are two golf courses: the ultra-private Castle Pines Golf Club (which hosted The International) and the Country Club at Castle Pines for the mortals. Both are Jack Nicklaus-designed courses.

Castle Pines North is a somewhat newer, higher-end cookie-cutter subdivision with a public golf course. Either the Master HOA or Troon Golf owns it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Castle Pines Village wants nothing to do with Castle Pines North. lol

Thanks. I think I've read and heard about it. I think the problem for me is I'm used to hearing it as Castle Pines. Threw me off a bit.

There is Castle Pines (Village) and Castle Pines North.

Castle Pines Village is a gated community built on Jack Vicker's land. There are two golf courses: the ultra-private Castle Pines Golf Club (which hosted The International) and the Country Club at Castle Pines for the mortals. Both are Jack Nicklaus-designed courses.

Castle Pines North is a somewhat newer, higher-end cookie-cutter subdivision with a public golf course. Either the Master HOA or Troon Golf owns it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Castle Pines Village wants nothing to do with Castle Pines North. lol

Thank you sir. I think my brother lives in there somewhere. I guess I should at least see where.

Who knows, someone could very well drop out in the next 10 days....especially if the forecast takes a turn for the worse. Speaking of which. I think I need a new pair of golf pants. My only 2 pairs went down in flames in past couple of seasons and I've been resorting to rain pants.

Oh, I'll be in London for work. Doubt they'd like me making the trek back just for a scramble!

Yup! Still my favorite course in the general Denver area. Definitely don't play it enough though, with prime season green fees of $100+.

There's a course flyover on the website. Looks like lots of houses with lots of windows. I'm excited!

Wonder if there's a prize for most windows broken.

The course does wind through some neighborhoods and there are houses on the course...but they're pretty far removed. A normal slice/duck hook isn't going to get you within reach. The closest you'll be is probably on #5. I've ended up close to people's back yard fences before.

I've only played it once, don't remember houses being in the way. Do remember the tee shot on #10 as being very tight.

#10 is a tight driving hole, as is #13. The back 9 is much more tree lined and narrow than the front.

Wunderground has released their forecast for 11/11. Sunny and 52--44 at 9am. I'll take it.

Yup! Still my favorite course in the general Denver area. Definitely don't play it enough though, with prime season green fees of $100+.

There's a course flyover on the website. Looks like lots of houses with lots of windows. I'm excited!

Wonder if there's a prize for most windows broken.

The course does wind through some neighborhoods and there are houses on the course...but they're pretty far removed. A normal slice/duck hook isn't going to get you within reach. The closest you'll be is probably on #5. I've ended up close to people's back yard fences before.

I've only played it once, don't remember houses being in the way. Do remember the tee shot on #10 as being very tight.

#10 is a tight driving hole, as is #13. The back 9 is much more tree lined and narrow than the front.

I played 2 different scrambles in one day there earlier this year. It's a great course for them. If psuedoswede can hit his driver well that day we should have some eagle putts on the par 5's. But yes if you get wild off the tee there, you can certainly hit a house on a couple holes or kiss your ball goodbye in the woods.

I think in the 4 person scramble we shot -15 or -16 (mulligans, no string) and I can't remember what we shot in the 2 person, might have been like two or three over after doubling our final hole. In my defense I was playing with a 20 handicap and I can only do so much :)

I played 2 different scrambles in one day there earlier this year. It's a great course for them. If psuedoswede can hit his driver well that day we should have some eagle putts on the par 5's. But yes if you get wild off the tee there, you can certainly hit a house on a couple holes or kiss your ball goodbye in the woods.

I think in the 4 person scramble we shot -15 or -16 (mulligans, no string) and I can't remember what we shot in the 2 person, might have been like two or three over after doubling our final hole. In my defense I was playing with a 20 handicap and I can only do so much :)

I've had a few eagle putts playing by myself on #2. #5 I have a hard enough time just reaching in 3 for some reason. I love #13 though...usually end up with a birdie on my own. Have had some eagle putts there as well. All depends on the tee shot though.

I'm getting excited for this!

Oh, I'll be in London for work. Doubt they'd like me making the trek back just for a scramble!

tenor.gif

my bad, I thought you just got left out.....

tenor.gif

There's always that saying "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission." :D

tenor.gif

There's always that saying "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission." :D

"Don't worry, Earnie Stewart, pseudoswede said it was okay for me to leave."

Also, Jacob informs me that he also has some Bears gear. Looks like we'll be representing Chicago. :rolleyes:

The only peo sports stuff I have is Dodger stuff, and I’m not sporting it right now.

Do we have a fourth?

We do not have a fourth. I direct messaged Hardrain and emailed him without response. Let’s open it up to WRX members. Anyone?

If that doesn’t work, I’ve got a couple non-WRX members I can call.

Hey guys, sorry to drop the ball on this. I have been traveling for work the past few days and haven't had a chance to pay attention to much else. Do i understand correctly that there are 2 teams and I am the tentative 4th on the first team? I am happy to cede my spot if anyone else wanted it during my absence...If not, let me know and I will play.

Hey guys, sorry to drop the ball on this. I have been traveling for work the past few days and haven't had a chance to pay attention to much else. Do i understand correctly that there are 2 teams and I am the tentative 4th on the first team? I am happy to cede my spot if anyone else wanted it during my absence...If not, let me know and I will play.

No worries Hardrain. I won’t say anything definitively because DaVinci is coordinating this, but last I had heard we still had the spot open. I’m sure we’ll hear from him soon.