Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be in between jobs for the next two weeks. Anyone interested in meeting up at South Broadway CC next Tuesday night? Rent a bay for 2 hours for every three people interested. I'm also going to reach out to my Thursday night beer league friends.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Should have asked, is it even feasible to just walk up and get out either place?

I’ve had no ptoblem at Walnut, but I’ve never played Broadlands as a single, so I can’t speak to that. I’ve rarely ever had trouble walking on as a single anywhere though.

This time of year it seems like it should be doable

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Wow. I didn't realize that SBCC only had two bays...and they're already booked all day every day.

I was able to book Wednesday (11/28) at 7pm. If more people are interested, we can add a third hour.

Should have asked, is it even feasible to just walk up and get out either place?

I’ve had no ptoblem at Walnut, but I’ve never played Broadlands as a single, so I can’t speak to that. I’ve rarely ever had trouble walking on as a single anywhere though.

This time of year it seems like it should be doable

Broadlands was booked solid with foursomes until 2:00. And had an hour plus frost delay.

Happy Thanksgiving.. :D

I see Wild Horse has a black friday deal.... $300 for 5 rounds/cart/range balls.... never expires. Seems decent if you go out there once or twice a year.

Edit: Good any day to...

I haven’t been there for a couple of years now. But I heard they’re up over $60 for a round now, but I don’t know exact numbers. I wonder how much saving this is?

How much snow did you guys get over the weekend? Deciding when to come over for thanksgiving and if it’s clear I think I’ll head over Tuesday night so I can play Wednesday.

I'm on the north side of town in Westminster. We got a little freezing rain that melted yesterday

Have to (maybe) pick up packets for a Turkey Trot Wednesday morning near Eagle Trace, how is that place?

I've played Eagle Trace a number of times. Really like their 4 rounds with cart for $100 Golf Expo special card.

I'm not the best course reviewer, but my thoughts (keep in mind High Handicapper here)

• Some interesting holes. Couple holes where you have to tee off with less than driver to get into the proper location.
  • #14 is interesting. It's a somewhat blind uphill tee shoot.If you can carry the bunker on the left that's the good play or just layup off the tee to give yourself a 2nd shot to the corner of the dogleg
  • #14 & #16 Tee boxes were hard for me to find the first time I played. #14's is behind #13's green (no real direction to it), #16 is a little up and to the right from #15's green. I didn't see clear signage pointing me to the tee boxes for these holes and it took me a little bit to find them
  • #18 is a fun little finishing par 4. Over water to the fairway and then an approach that has water on the left (driving range see notes below) and a little pond in front of what I think is a pretty small green. Only been able to par the whole once when I've played there.

My biggest complaint/grip about Eagle Trace is the bunkers. The last time I played there (about July 2017) the bunkers were like concrete. I had a ball shoot through 2 bunkers and onto the green (#11 short par 4). I also had to walk in a couple of bunkers and you couldn't even see my footsteps. My group instituted a "group rule" Free drops behind whatever bunker you "stopped" in as we didn't want to damage our clubs hitting out of those bunkers.

Driving Range : Ummm...not sure how to politely say it, but it was not so good the last time I used it. The mat's were worn through and you're hitting onto into a lake with 'floater' golf balls, first and only time I've ever had to do that so it was a little shocking to me. Basically only good for getting loose and potentially ducking any errant approaches from #18.

My $0.02. Let me know if you play and if this was helpful at all.

Since Broadlands was packed solid I did end up here. I was fortunate to get paired up with a couple of older gentlemen who helped guide me around.

I didn’t mind it, pretty short but that’s ok. A couple off decent length par fours. Takes a decent shot to clear the ditch on 12. Greens seemed pretty interesting with some nice contours. Bunkers were actually pretty decent, no issues there. The course is a little scruffy, but then so am I. I would play it again, think,it is a course you could post a pretty good score.

Also, $20to walk 18 was a nice price. Especially since didn’t have $.25 worth of game,

Happy Thanksgiving.. :D

I see Wild Horse has a black friday deal.... $300 for 5 rounds/cart/range balls.... never expires. Seems decent if you go out there once or twice a year.

Edit: Good any day to...

I haven’t been there for a couple of years now. But I heard they’re up over $60 for a round now, but I don’t know exact numbers. I wonder how much saving this is?

This year was $68 weekday, $78 Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I went for the gift cards at 20% off. Better deal unless they raise greenfees more.

How much snow did you guys get over the weekend? Deciding when to come over for thanksgiving and if it’s clear I think I’ll head over Tuesday night so I can play Wednesday.

I'm on the north side of town in Westminster. We got a little freezing rain that melted yesterday

Have to (maybe) pick up packets for a Turkey Trot Wednesday morning near Eagle Trace, how is that place?

I've played Eagle Trace a number of times. Really like their 4 rounds with cart for $100 Golf Expo special card.

I'm not the best course reviewer, but my thoughts (keep in mind High Handicapper here)

• Some interesting holes. Couple holes where you have to tee off with less than driver to get into the proper location.
  • #14 is interesting. It's a somewhat blind uphill tee shoot.If you can carry the bunker on the left that's the good play or just layup off the tee to give yourself a 2nd shot to the corner of the dogleg
  • #14 & #16 Tee boxes were hard for me to find the first time I played. #14's is behind #13's green (no real direction to it), #16 is a little up and to the right from #15's green. I didn't see clear signage pointing me to the tee boxes for these holes and it took me a little bit to find them
  • #18 is a fun little finishing par 4. Over water to the fairway and then an approach that has water on the left (driving range see notes below) and a little pond in front of what I think is a pretty small green. Only been able to par the whole once when I've played there.

My biggest complaint/grip about Eagle Trace is the bunkers. The last time I played there (about July 2017) the bunkers were like concrete. I had a ball shoot through 2 bunkers and onto the green (#11 short par 4). I also had to walk in a couple of bunkers and you couldn't even see my footsteps. My group instituted a "group rule" Free drops behind whatever bunker you "stopped" in as we didn't want to damage our clubs hitting out of those bunkers.

Driving Range : Ummm...not sure how to politely say it, but it was not so good the last time I used it. The mat's were worn through and you're hitting onto into a lake with 'floater' golf balls, first and only time I've ever had to do that so it was a little shocking to me. Basically only good for getting loose and potentially ducking any errant approaches from #18.

My $0.02. Let me know if you play and if this was helpful at all.

Since Broadlands was packed solid I did end up here. I was fortunate to get paired up with a couple of older gentlemen who helped guide me around.

I didn’t mind it, pretty short but that’s ok. A couple off decent length par fours. Takes a decent shot to clear the ditch on 12. Greens seemed pretty interesting with some nice contours. Bunkers were actually pretty decent, no issues there. The course is a little scruffy, but then so am I. I would play it again, think,it is a course you could post a pretty good score.

Also, $20to walk 18 was a nice price. Especially since didn’t have $.25 worth of game,��

Not a bad price. I went out to Broken Tee Wednesday afternoon because it is on my way home from work. Walking 9 at 2:30 pm on a weekday was $18! I was pretty surprised considering that course is really pretty crappy and we could barely make it in before it was dark. For comparison, I paid $20 this morning to walk 9 at Fox Hollow which is a nice course in my opinion.

I see D'Lance is doing a Black Friday half off special on club fittings. Anyone have any comments comparing D'Lance and Club Champion? I want to do an iron fitting but honestly don't think I would order clubs for either fitter to "build." It seems unnecessary given that a lot of the iron sets now give you a ton of shaft options and custom lost/lie adjustments at no upcharge. I do like that the D'Lance does the "lifetime" fitting.

I see D'Lance is doing a Black Friday half off special on club fittings. Anyone have any comments comparing D'Lance and Club Champion? I want to do an iron fitting but honestly don't think I would order clubs for either fitter to "build." It seems unnecessary given that a lot of the iron sets now give you a ton of shaft options and custom lost/lie adjustments at no upcharge. I do like that the D'Lance does the "lifetime" fitting.

I did Club Champion earlier this year, $350 for a 1 time full bag fitting no matter if you ordered clubs from them or not. I was able to cut their cost in half by using eBay and other local sources.

The experience was good, but it felt like they pushed a lot towards Accra shafts in the woods. Kinda felt like he pigeonholed me into Cobra hybrids/woods/driver too cause I have an F7 3W that I really like. I had good numbers with the F8+ but just couldn't keep it on the fairway.

I hit a lot of irons and was done with them, I felt like I had hit most of the current stuff. When I was looking around on a break between 3Ws and drivers I saw the Titleist irons and realized I hadn't hit them. Gave the AP1s a swing and saw number just as good as what he chose for me and I liked the look a lot better. If I hadn't said anything I would have never had the chance to hit them.

Wedges, we never even really hit wedges to get a look at gapping. Kinda disappointed in that.

The putter fitting was good using the SAM puttlab machine. My putter was found to be a good fit for me, just needed a 1/2° more loft so he bent it for me right there.

I'm going over to D'Lance in 2 weeks to get fit again since my swing has changed a lot since Feburary. I can give you a comparison after I'm done. For $225 lifetime, it was too good to pass up.

I did Club Champion earlier this year, $350 for a 1 time full bag fitting no matter if you ordered clubs from them or not. I was able to cut their cost in half by using eBay and other local sources.

The experience was good, but it felt like they pushed a lot towards Accra shafts in the woods. Kinda felt like he pigeonholed me into Cobra hybrids/woods/driver too cause I have an F7 3W that I really like. I had good numbers with the F8+ but just couldn't keep it on the fairway.

I hit a lot of irons and was done with them, I felt like I had hit most of the current stuff. When I was looking around on a break between 3Ws and drivers I saw the Titleist irons and realized I hadn't hit them. Gave the AP1s a swing and saw number just as good as what he chose for me and I liked the look a lot better. If I hadn't said anything I would have never had the chance to hit them.

Wedges, we never even really hit wedges to get a look at gapping. Kinda disappointed in that.

The putter fitting was good using the SAM puttlab machine. My putter was found to be a good fit for me, just needed a 1/2° more loft so he bent it for me right there.

I'm going over to D'Lance in 2 weeks to get fit again since my swing has changed a lot since Feburary. I can give you a comparison after I'm done. For $225 lifetime, it was too good to pass up.

I have heard some other people with similar stories with Club Champion. I think I would try D'Lance before CC.

I was in PGA Superstore today and I noticed that their "Fitting Van Experience" iron fitting is only $50. This is a scheduled hour or so private fitting using the upgraded launch monitors, as opposed to just walking in and talking with one of the staff guys there. Has anyone done one of these? I am assuming you work with someone more trained in club fitting than the everyday employee there. I am wondering if this is a better option if I know going in that I am not willing to pay a premium for some exotic shaft or premium building service.

Anyone ever do a fitting at PGA SS?

I have heard some other people with similar stories with Club Champion. I think I would try D'Lance before CC.

I was in PGA Superstore today and I noticed that their "Fitting Van Experience" iron fitting is only $50. This is a scheduled hour or so private fitting using the upgraded launch monitors, as opposed to just walking in and talking with one of the staff guys there. Has anyone done one of these? I am assuming you work with someone more trained in club fitting than the everyday employee there. I am wondering if this is a better option if I know going in that I am not willing to pay a premium for some exotic shaft or premium building service.

Anyone ever do a fitting at PGA SS?

If you don't say anything, Dlance will have you try more expensive stuff, so if you are going there be up front and tell them you aren't interested in really expensive shafts. I think for all of them you really need to have some sort of idea on what you like before you go into the fitting. Have a few iron/wood heads picked out that you like. If you tell them you like the look of X then they can offer ones that are similar. You'll also want to give them some information on what your normal misses and issues are. As long as you have a good launch monitor and a lot of options to try you should be fine anywhere if you aren't interested in anything beyond standard shafts.

I also want to mention that I play my driver at 44.5". The guy at Club Champion didn't offer up any driver shorter than stock length. I'm hoping D'Lance will.

That's not surprising for a fitting. They would have to stock multiple duplicate shaft models in the shorter length, so that's a pretty significant cost for a small subset of what are already a smaller subset of golfers going to get custom fit. I doubt you'll find anyone that has more than a couple shorter test shafts to try out.

Monday deal: 5 round punch cards at the ridge good anytime $300. Card can be used for other people besides yourself at the same time if you are present.

https://playtheridge...item_id=1014460

I saw this, such a good deal. I didn't see that there were any restrictions on when you could use them either.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

In case folks North of Denver hadn't seen this yet:

https://www.golflongmont.com/store/product/61-golf-longmont-expo-special

$99 for

2 Rounds of 18 Holes with Cart at Ute Creek

2 Rounds of 18 Holes with Cart at Twin Peaks

So 4 total rounds for $99.

Restriction:

Mon-Fri Any Time

Sat, Sun, and Holidays After 12:00 noon.

https://www.golflongmont.com/store/product/61-golf-longmont-expo-special

$99 for

Restriction:

Mon-Fri Any Time

This is for 2019?

I’m trying to figure out some idea where I’m going to play next summer.

https://www.golflong...nt-expo-special

$99 for

Restriction:

Mon-Fri Any Time

This is for 2019?

Yup, The card will expire 12-31-2019

https://www.golflong...nt-expo-special

$99 for

Restriction:

Mon-Fri Any Time

This is for 2019?

Yup, The card will expire 12-31-2019

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone here has gotten the Green Valley Ranch individual membership? I am debating it since I work out at the airport and could easily get a round in when I finish sometimes in the early AM. I am pretty tired of playing Kennedy and Aurora Hills (the two closest and cheapest). Green Valley Ranch is about a 25-30min drive. $1800 (equals to 58 Aurora Hills rounds walking) for the Monday-Thursday membership with unlimited golf, range, etc. I have a lot of time off during the week days.

Wondering if anyone here has gotten the Green Valley Ranch individual membership? I am debating it since I work out at the airport and could easily get a round in when I finish sometimes in the early AM. I am pretty tired of playing Kennedy and Aurora Hills (the two closest and cheapest). Green Valley Ranch is about a 25-30min drive. $1800 (equals to 58 Aurora Hills rounds walking) for the Monday-Thursday membership with unlimited golf, range, etc. I have a lot of time off during the week days.

Somebody in the past few years on the CO wrx thread was speaking highly of it, but I can't remember who that was. If you like the course and are in that area, it's a great deal if you will be playing twice a week or more. For most of the Denver area it's too long of a drive thus the reason the price is cheaper than others.

Somebody in the past few years on the CO wrx thread was speaking highly of it, but I can't remember who that was. If you like the course and are in that area, it's a great deal if you will be playing twice a week or more. For most of the Denver area it's too long of a drive thus the reason the price is cheaper than others.

I actually have never played the course. I've done the unlimited range balls and par 3 for $20 a few times and really enjoyed those facilities. I see a lot of people on here highly recommending it though so it must be nice. Some weeks I could definitely play 3-4 times as I have weeks off at a time. Is it easily walkable?

I actually have never played the course. I've done the unlimited range balls and par 3 for $20 a few times and really enjoyed those facilities. I see a lot of people on here highly recommending it though so it must be nice. Some weeks I could definitely play 3-4 times as I have weeks off at a time. Is it easily walkable?

There is basically zero elevation change, so that part is easy. However, there are some pretty long gaps between holes which is annoying.