2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Just got the email. Punt and throw a football?! Hope we have some young studs.

I was a pretty good punter.....a long time ago (like 40+ years!). I haven’t kicked a ball in 10years since my knee surgery. And my rotator cuff starts hurting just thinking about throwing a ball.

I'm fairly young and athletic (although my belly size would suggest otherwise). That's the good thing about gaining all my weight well into adulthood...I still have my athleticism and nimbleness from my skinny days!

Although, I've never played football. So how far I can throw or kick will be questionable. But my health will allow me to give it 110%. After reading the email, the event sounds like a blast. Hole 4 is a super short par 3. It's like...125 yards, super downhill. So closest to the pin there won't be bad. They say men will play from the Tournament Tees...which will make the day a bit tougher. I'm not super long, but unless I can fix my driver, I'm gonna max out around 270 off a perfect shot.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good enough weather to not cancel.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a pretty good punter.....a long time ago (like 40+ years!). I haven’t kicked a ball in 10years since my knee surgery. And my rotator cuff starts hurting just thinking about throwing a ball.

I'm fairly young and athletic (although my belly size would suggest otherwise). That's the good thing about gaining all my weight well into adulthood...I still have my athleticism and nimbleness from my skinny days!

Although, I've never played football. So how far I can throw or kick will be questionable. But my health will allow me to give it 110%. After reading the email, the event sounds like a blast. Hole 4 is a super short par 3. It's like...125 yards, super downhill. So closest to the pin there won't be bad. They say men will play from the Tournament Tees...which will make the day a bit tougher. I'm not super long, but unless I can fix my driver, I'm gonna max out around 270 off a perfect shot.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good enough weather to not cancel.

I agree, it sounds like fun and I’m really hoping we get to play.

Yup. Our only hope now is for whatever weather is supposed to hit us on Sunday to stall until Monday--which would probably mean a continuation of warmer weather from Saturday.

Yesterday, forecast was for the snow to arrive overnight. Now it's 10am. Unfortunately, still bitterly cold.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Yup. Our only hope now is for whatever weather is supposed to hit us on Sunday to stall until Monday--which would probably mean a continuation of warmer weather from Saturday.

Yesterday, forecast was for the snow to arrive overnight. Now it's 10am. Unfortunately, still bitterly cold.

I dug out hand warmers last night.

I'm still very accurate, but I did something awful to my rotator cuff during our college club team's tennis practice about 12 years ago. I feel your pain. It takes half an hour just to get my arm "warm" now, and that comes with pain!

I'll never forget the sound my dad made the day he threw his arm out during my coach pitch baseball practice when I was 6. Couldn't throw a ball more than 10 feet for a year.

Getting old physically stinks.

I'm still very accurate, but I did something awful to my rotator cuff during our college club team's tennis practice about 12 years ago. I feel your pain. It takes half an hour just to get my arm "warm" now, and that comes with pain!

I'll never forget the sound my dad made the day he threw his arm out during my coach pitch baseball practice when I was 6. Couldn't throw a ball more than 10 feet for a year.

Getting old physically stinks.

Get off my lawn!

Damn whippersnappers.

My wife is already making fun of me. Saying what kind of idiot is going to play golf in that kind of weather. I tell her “this kind”!

My usually response to this from my wife is:

"I don't know. You married me :)"

I also like "I'm stuck with me, you chose me!"

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Current forecast from my three phone apps:

1. 31 degrees with 1 – 4 inches starting around 3 a.m. Sunday.

2. 31 degrees with 2 – 5 inches (south of County Line Rd.). 70% chance of precipitation.

3. 31 degrees with 1 – 2 inches 70% chance of precipitation.

It doesn't look good!

Two bad days in the extended forecast, and the worst by far is Sunday. Really pretty nice every other day.

Current forecast from my three phone apps:

1. 31 degrees with 1 – 4 inches starting around 3 a.m. Sunday.

2. 31 degrees with 2 – 5 inches (south of County Line Rd.). 70% chance of precipitation.

3. 31 degrees with 1 – 2 inches 70% chance of precipitation.

It doesn't look good!

Yeah I have little desire to play if it is under 40 snow or not. At this point I'm honestly hoping its cancelled so I can watch football and drink beer indoors where its warm.

I grew up in the U.P. and cold and snow never bothered me. Now I am ready to move to Arizona....I do not care for cold one bit now that I don't have to deal with it for 7 months a year.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I was e-mailing seven dewey and noodler that The Ridge would probably never give us the option to play on Sunday or get a raincheck. Sure enough, they have offered to keep it as it is, move your tee time to next Sunday, or get a raincheck.

We have decided to go with the third option. See you all in the spring. :)

I pretty much know I won't be skiing the following Sundays due to other activities in town. It will be more difficult for me to play on Saturdays.

March 10 & 24

April 7, 14 & 28

May 5 & 19

I was e-mailing seven dewey and noodler that The Ridge would probably never give us the option to play on Sunday or get a raincheck. Sure enough, they have offered to keep it as it is, move your tee time to next Sunday, or get a raincheck.

We have decided to go with the third option. See you all in the spring. :)

I pretty much know I won't be skiing the following Sundays due to other activities in town. It will be more difficult for me to play on Saturdays.

March 10 & 24

April 7, 14 & 28

May 5 & 19

I am confused, so have they called off the tournament but given people the option to still play this Sunday?

I am confused, so have they called off the tournament but given people the option to still play this Sunday?

Correct. Here is the full e-mail...

Good Morning,

Got to love Colorado weather. We are still crossing our fingers in hopes to still have our Gameday event on Sunday. However, we have been keeping our eye on the weather report and understand everyone’s trepidation. We have come up with some options to appease everyone:

- 1st Option would be to still play Sunday. We know that it might be cold but that is your typical November sporting event

- 2nd Option would be to move your group to next Sunday the 18th at 10:00am

- 3rd Option would be vouchers for golf and lunch valid until end of May in 2019. Vouchers will be available to pick up on Sunday.

Please respond via email as to which option that your group would be opting for. I know that some of you have already emailed me so if we have already talked please disregard this email.

Regards,

Alex

Bummer about the weather, fellas. I'm hopping across the pond this afternoon. I'll send dispatches from my rounds in the U.K. in two weeks!

Excited for my regular work trip, but vacation after should be a blast. Any tips for making the time change on the little one any easier are also happily accepted.

Correct. Here is the full e-mail...

Good Morning,

Got to love Colorado weather. We are still crossing our fingers in hopes to still have our Gameday event on Sunday. However, we have been keeping our eye on the weather report and understand everyone’s trepidation. We have come up with some options to appease everyone:

- 1st Option would be to still play Sunday. We know that it might be cold but that is your typical November sporting event

- 2nd Option would be to move your group to next Sunday the 18th at 10:00am

- 3rd Option would be vouchers for golf and lunch valid until end of May in 2019. Vouchers will be available to pick up on Sunday.

Please respond via email as to which option that your group would be opting for. I know that some of you have already emailed me so if we have already talked please disregard this email.

Regards,

Alex

Sounds like the tournament is still on, but if you want to back out and just play a non-event round in the spring, you can take that option.

My only thing is, how will prizes be dealt with if only half the field plays on Sunday, while the other half all take rainchecks? And if people choose to play next Sunday, will those rounds be counted towards the tournament results as well?

Sounds like the tournament is still on, but if you want to back out and just play a non-event round in the spring, you can take that option.

My only thing is, how will prizes be dealt with if only half the field plays on Sunday, while the other half all take rainchecks? And if people choose to play next Sunday, will those rounds be counted towards the tournament results as well?

That is a good point.

However, $55 for golf+lunch on a prime weekend in May sounds much better than playing in freezing cold weather and not getting any prizes because I chose not to use an eraser on our scorecard.

(And to put it into perspective, a Castle Pines North resident pays $95 to play any Fri/Sat/Sun in May.)

I just got back to the office and see that pseudoswede posted the email. Looks like Team WRX-2 is opting for the vouchers and playing in the spring.

So Team WRX-1, what do we want to do? My personal vote is to play in the spring.

Also, if I'm reading the email correctly, a cart will not be included when option 3 is chosen. It doesn't say that, but the word "cart" is missing from the wording.

I just got back to the office and see that pseudoswede posted the email. Looks like Team WRX-2 is opting for the vouchers and playing in the spring.

So Team WRX-1, what do we want to do? My personal vote is to play in the spring.

Also, if I'm reading the email correctly, a cart will not be included when option 3 is chosen. It doesn't say that, but the word "cart" is missing from the wording.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will let you walk that course will they? Or Are you just saying it will be $55 + $18 or something? That would be lame if they pulled that but you might be right.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I’m good with the spring (barring a miraculous last minute weather change!). Do we need to PayPal you the $55?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will let you walk that course will they? Or Are you just saying it will be $55 + $18 or something? That would be lame if they pulled that but you might be right.

I wouldn't put it past them to add the cart. Still a pretty good price though.

I’m good with the spring (barring a miraculous last minute weather change!). Do we need to PayPal you the $55?

Hang on to the money for right now. We'll decide how to handle the vouchers once I have them in my hand.

I'm assuming Hardrain and Jacob are ok with the vouchers. I don't know how they would handle Jacob as a one-man team. :lol:

I'll send the withdrawal email tomorrow and probably drive down Sunday morning to pick them up. Hopefully, I'll hear from Jacob and Hardrain by morning.

pseudoswede, when you canceled your team, did they put any conditions on retrieving the vouchers? If it's going to be ugly out on Sunday, I'm not sure I want to drive down there... but I'm out of town for the next few weeks so maybe I'll have to.

We should try to find a date to play when the two groups could play. A few side bets and beers could be fun.