Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

I haven’t made a time but I’m still planning to play. I’m hoping to play mid-late morning (10:30 or 11). Who else is in? I can make a time if that’ll help.

What's their weekend rate right now?

I'm not sure if I can make it happen, but would love a spot if you're okay with me being non-committal right now. Otherwise I just peeked at the weather for next week and the 10 day doesn't look good for my plans of playing next Friday or Saturday. I've got a twosome booked at Murphy at 9:00 on Monday just to hold the spot, but I'm not sure if I'll gamble or not on Friday, or take the sure thing on Monday. Of course, this is all pending family approval.

Commonground shows $47 to walk for CGA members; $65 otherwise - but those are peak season rates. I plan to call this morning and get a time and will ask if there are discounted winter rates.

A tentative "in" is fine with me. We'll see if theKrushh is in and that leaves at least one more spot for anyone interested.

I should be in pending saturday weather. (If by some miracle it ends up being nice saturday I can't do sunday too). Earlier the better for me!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t made a time but I’m still planning to play. I’m hoping to play mid-late morning (10:30 or 11). Who else is in? I can make a time if that’ll help.

What's their weekend rate right now?

I'm not sure if I can make it happen, but would love a spot if you're okay with me being non-committal right now. Otherwise I just peeked at the weather for next week and the 10 day doesn't look good for my plans of playing next Friday or Saturday. I've got a twosome booked at Murphy at 9:00 on Monday just to hold the spot, but I'm not sure if I'll gamble or not on Friday, or take the sure thing on Monday. Of course, this is all pending family approval.

Commonground shows $47 to walk for CGA members; $65 otherwise - but those are peak season rates. I plan to call this morning and get a time and will ask if there are discounted winter rates.

A tentative "in" is fine with me. We'll see if theKrushh is in and that leaves at least one more spot for anyone interested.

You'll have two spots. I can't do it. I didn't realize our Sunday was as full as it is.

Thanks for the invite anyway! Hopefully we can make something happen in 2019.

Cool; I agree a big outing for 2019 during the prime season needs to happen.

I’ve got 10am Sunday at common ground for whoever wants to join. It’s cart path only for anyone who isn’t planning to walk.

I’m planning on playing as Saturday looks s***. Jason 972-835-9697 I’ll plan on walking

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Speaking of music... if you're looking for something to do tonight, I highly recommend El Vez (the Mexican Elvis) at Ophelia's.

https://www.ophelias...tmas-el-denver/

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've probably seen him over 10 times in concert over the years, and he puts on a fantastic show for $13.

Unfortunately, I already have tickets to The Nutcracker, otherwise, my wife and I would've been front row.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Good luck to those of you still trying to get out in 2018. Forecast doesn’t look promising.

Today was pretty windy out at Murphy Creek. Course was in decent shape for December, but I still don’t love it. Too many bunkers, too many blind shots where you can’t see your landing area. I played okay, my sand game was pretty solid thankfully. Trying to hit full wedges out of bunkers can be tricky.

I think the clubs are going to be in the garage for awhile though so it was still nice to play on 12/21

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Got in 18 at highland meadows yesterday for what looks like the last round of 2018 for me unless it’s super nice Monday. I forget how much different/fun it can be with courses playing much firmer and faster than summer time....Ended up hitting the longest drive of my life on the 600 yard par 5 12th - had 154 left for my second. That’s WAY past anywhere I’d ever hit it before so I had to brag a little haha

Got in 18 at highland meadows yesterday for what looks like the last round of 2018 for me unless it’s super nice Monday. I forget how much different/fun it can be with courses playing much firmer and faster than summer time....Ended up hitting the longest drive of my life on the 600 yard par 5 12th - had 154 left for my second. That’s WAY past anywhere I’d ever hit it before so I had to brag a little haha

Awesome. I dropped my 9AM at Murphy and am playing at 9:10 on Monday at Walnut Creek. I haven't played there this season and always enjoy it. $30 is a steal for what will surely be my last round until February.

Got the full 18 in at Ute yesterday although the back 9 was a little windy. The last 3 holes on that side are with the wind though and I managed to find the center of the driver face on 18 leaving only a PW in which was fun. Of course, so did my playing partner who is a bigger hitter than me (he had 90 yds in!).

Would love to squeeze out again Monday but unlikely. Happy Holidays to you all and look forward to the opportunity to meet and play with some of you in 2019!!

Cheers from Stoney!!

I’m about a week from being completely moved to Greely. Business should be transferred over by the first. I’m also looking forward to meeting some new people to play with. Just have to find a job so I can afford to play once in a while. Funny, no one is clamoring to hire an old, lazy person who has no skills. I can however pass the drug test.

Got the full 18 in at Ute yesterday although the back 9 was a little windy. The last 3 holes on that side are with the wind though and I managed to find the center of the driver face on 18 leaving only a PW in which was fun. Of course, so did my playing partner who is a bigger hitter than me (he had 90 yds in!).

Would love to squeeze out again Monday but unlikely. Happy Holidays to you all and look forward to the opportunity to meet and play with some of you in 2019!!

Cheers from Stoney!!

Times are still available for Murphy on Monday. Hit me up if you change your mind and can get out one of the first times in the morning. I'll drop my Walnut Creek time and join up with you if you can swing it.

2018 golf season is officially in the books for me. I had hoped to sneak out on Friday with it being warm, but life got in the way of that idea. We headed out of town yesterday, so no golf for me until next year. Let’s cross our fingers for some warm Jan and Feb weekends.

Happy Holidays everybody! See you in 2019...

When I left Lakota Saturday it looked like this so I was glad to have gotten out to CommonGround yesterday.

It’s a fun track - it’s decently high on my list to play next year during green grass season.

And TheKrushh and Dancin were great fun to play with. Our highlight was playing the par 5 11th hole -5 as a threesome; those guys made the eagles.

Secondary highlight was the three of us walking and finishing sub 3-hours. Always good to play with guys who keep it moving but don’t rush, but play well and quickly.

When I left Lakota Saturday it looked like this so I was glad to have gotten out to CommonGround yesterday.

It’s a fun track - it’s decently high on my list to play next year during green grass season.

And TheKrushh and Dancin were great fun to play with. Our highlight was playing the par 5 11th hole -5 as a threesome; those guys made the eagles.

Secondary highlight was the three of us walking and finishing sub 3-hours. Always good to play with guys who keep it moving but don’t rush, but play well and quickly.

It was a great day. I definitely like that course a lot more in the uncrowded winter. Waiting on every shot on the back 9 earlier this year really soured me on the course so it was nice to have a quick relaxing round out there with no waiting.

It was a great day. I definitely like that course a lot more in the uncrowded winter. Waiting on every shot on the back 9 earlier this year really soured me on the course so it was nice to have a quick relaxing round out there with no waiting.

I've never loved it. I've always felt it's too much money for what it is.

My 2018 season is done, barring some miracle weather before I leave for Chula Vista on 1/5. Played 9 this morning at Murphy because there was literally two other groups on the tee sheet, so my wife and daughter took the walk with me. I was really itching to play all 18, but the little one just wasn't having it after about 8 holes, and we had some commitments that we might have had to rush to after the round if we'd seen all 18 out. Didn't play all that well (especially after carding a 36 last time out on the front), but my putter is on fire. My driver has gone AWOL but always treats me okay on the ninth. Go figure.

Clubs are probably up until February, and if the weather stinks here in Feb., it could be April before I see the course again. That's a little depressing to type out.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! Enjoy the time with friends and family.

Thanks, you too!

I just moved to Fort Collins at the beginning of 2018 and have really enjoyed golf in northern Colorado. I played Walnut Creek earlier in the year and after reading thru this thread am excited to check out other courses listed, especially that Murphy Creek and of course TPC

I've never loved it. I've always felt it's too much money for what it is.

It is overpriced. $47 as a cga member to walk in summer isn't out of line, but $65 for non CGA walking is ridiculous. $47 walking a weekend winter is crazy too, but worth it if you get a quick round with nobody in front of us like we had. If it had been slow I'd have felt ripped off.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! Enjoy the time with friends and family.

Thanks, you too!

I just moved to Fort Collins at the beginning of 2018 and have really enjoyed golf in northern Colorado. I played Walnut Creek earlier in the year and after reading thru this thread am excited to check out other courses listed, especially that Murphy Creek and of course TPC

Hey cb24

I live up in Fort Collins as well. Give me a ping if you want to get out and play sometime.

Thanks, you too!

Hey cb24

I live up in Fort Collins as well. Give me a ping if you want to get out and play sometime.

I love Columbine in Fort Collins.

So apparently I'm going to play either Saturday or Sunday. My wife told me to!

I just had a laugh when I thought "Well I haven't played Fossil Trace in three years. Maybe I'll go there." Then I looked at prices. They want $70(!!!!!!!) for a weekday time. What a joke. And I bet their bunkers are covered.

Went to D’Lance Monday to get the loft/lies checked/adjusted on my irons they built.

They’ve upgraded the fitting room and hitting bays since I got fit in 2015. Looks good in there.

Worked with PJ as I did for my original fitting - he’s great to work with.

Anyway - I still recommend them for fittings and building - I don’t have anything to compare it to but they’ve been very easy to work with and I’ve found their pricing and such to be reasonable and upfront.

Thanks, you too!

Hey cb24

And I’m in Loveland, so if either of you ever wanna get out, hit me up!

Have to ask...How far from the Green was Krush / Dancin on the drives =)

I just had a laugh when I thought "Well I haven't played Fossil Trace in three years. Maybe I'll go there." Then I looked at prices. They want $70(!!!!!!!) for a weekday time. What a joke. And I bet their bunkers are covered.

Yup 90% of them are covered. Played there last weekend. They have ropes around the greens too to keep the deer off of them. I think that course is overpriced all year.

Thanks, you too!

Hey cb24

And I’m in Loveland, so if either of you ever wanna get out, hit me up!

Awesome I'll hit you guys up. I have wanted to play Mariana Butte, heard that's a nice one

Dancin had over 200; I’d say even 220. He may remember. Left rough above a bunker. Great shot to the back of the green. Made a 30-35 footer.

Krushh had probably 150-160 in... probably hit it to 8-10 feet.

226 from my laser, 5 wood over the water to front of green that ran to the back and yes about a 30 foot putt. Have to love firm and fast.

Yup 90% of them are covered. Played there last weekend. They have ropes around the greens too to keep the deer off of them. I think that course is overpriced all year.

Those are cart rates and include $19 for the cart, so $51 to walk in the morning. They start their twilight at 12 in the winter for $45 with cart or $26 to walk which is the only time I go and play there.