2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Putter Company Swag Golf?

Nothing but positive things to say about the EP covers I own. When I saw the SWAG images I thought they bore a striking resemblance. My only complaint is that I wish I had EP covers with magnet closures (even though their Velcro is of the utmost quality).

The new masters edition leather piretti headcovers from EP have magnet closures. They are outstanding. I believe that's that only ones from EP I have ever seen.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing but positive things to say about the EP covers I own. When I saw the SWAG images I thought they bore a striking resemblance. My only complaint is that I wish I had EP covers with magnet closures (even though their Velcro is of the utmost quality).

The new masters edition leather piretti headcovers from EP have magnet closures. They are outstanding. I believe that's that only ones from EP I have ever seen.

All the SWAG covers I have seen have magnetic enclosures as well. Also just because you use the same vendor does not indicate the same quality of product. This is true in not only golf but pretty much any industry.

All the SWAG covers I have seen have magnetic enclosures as well. Also just because you use the same vendor does not indicate the same quality of product. This is true in not only golf but pretty much any industry.

To have that much varying of quality from the same company just isn't going to happen especially not from a company who is known for great quality. Yes you might get a product that is slightly less every now and then but not in every product. Simply just not the case.

If Swag gets their headcovers from EP they will be just as good as everyone else who order from EP. No better or worse simply because they have no control over quality, EP does.

Their designs are different so to each their own if you like them or not but Swag as a whole sounds like an 18 year old liberal millennial runs it to me. I don't have faith they will be around past a year or 2 because me personally I could care less if it was the best putter ever made the name would never make it into the bag for me.

Either way back on subject, has anyone actually received any products from them yet?

To have that much varying of quality from the same company just isn't going to happen especially not from a company who is known for great quality. Yes you might get a product that is slightly less every now and then but not in every product. Simply just not the case.

If Swag gets their headcovers from EP they will be just as good as everyone else who order from EP. No better or worse simply because they have no control over quality, EP does.

Their designs are different so to each their own if you like them or not but Swag as a whole sounds like an 18 year old liberal millennial runs it to me. I don't have faith they will be around past a year or 2 because me personally I could care less if it was the best putter ever made the name would never make it into the bag for me.

Either way back on subject, has anyone actually received any products from them yet?

You are correct the EP is know for great quality and the quality is not going to vary if another company orders the same product.

At the same time, where the quality does vary if you are creating a different design with different types of materials, different stitch counts etc.

Company A can order one from EP with a low grade material, low stitch count and a basic smiley face artwork. 2 color thread.

Company B also orders from EP but decides to go with higher quality multi material, high stitch count and a designer that does detailed artwork with 4 or 5 different thread color.

Most people will agree that company Bs Headcover is higher quality.

Swag is actually ran by Nick Venson, definitely not an 18 yr old liberal millenial. Whether or not they'll be around in 2 years time will tell but they are just trying to change up the market and try to be a little different than your tranditional uptight golf crowd. The type that won't play something because it has a certain word on it or won't play golf with other people because of what's in their bag.. golf is supposed to be fun.

I have received 3 covers from them and I like them alot. Their customers service is very good. Responds quickly and listens to suggestions.

They won't win everyone over but I think people would be pleasantly surprised with this company and their products if they try to not get overly emotional over a name n look at things logically.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

You are correct the EP is know for great quality and the quality is not going to vary if another company orders the same product.

At the same time, where the quality does vary if you are creating a different design with different types of materials, different stitch counts etc.

Company A can order one from EP with a low grade material, low stitch count and a basic smiley face artwork. 2 color thread.

Company B also orders from EP but decides to go with higher quality multi material, high stitch count and a designer that does detailed artwork with 4 or 5 different thread color.

Most people will agree that company Bs Headcover is higher quality.

Swag is actually ran by Nick Venson, definitely not an 18 yr old liberal millenial. Whether or not they'll be around in 2 years time will tell but they are just trying to change up the market and try to be a little different than your tranditional uptight golf crowd. The type that won't play something because it has a certain word on it or won't play golf with other people because of what's in their bag.. golf is supposed to be fun.

I have received 3 covers from them and I like them alot. Their customers service is very good. Responds quickly and listens to suggestions.

They won't win everyone over but I think people would be pleasantly surprised with this company and their products if they try to not get overly emotional over a name n look at things logically.

I agree in a sense but a different design doesn't make it better quality. It just makes it a better design as construction quality comes from EP and not Swag, Piretti, Lamb, etc. You talk like a high stichcount is great a thing but huge stitch counts when it relates to headcover threads that gets pulled, tugged, and used repeatedly leads to far more tearing issues.

I like their headcovers but their name is a huge huge turnoff and I'm by far, far from an uptight golfer.

Oh ok. Now we're just talking specifically about construction quality? Lol.

Even the swag headcovers, I can say the KOS is higher quality than the Skull..

I have TL covers from EP and they are differently quality compared to each other.

I don't tear my headcovers apart to determine "construction quality"

Guess everyone judges quality differently but if you don't even have a Swag headcover to compare, how can u know with certainty it's the same?

Definitely sounds like it. Lol

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I have TL covers from EP and they are differently quality compared to each other.

Guess everyone judges quality differently but if you don't even have a Swag headcover to compare, how can u know with certainty it's the same?

They still have $555 putters for sale 7 days after launch. Maybe people don't have enough swag to own one. Seeing how guys like Lamb sell out in 10 seconds selling $3000 putters.

To each their own; best of luck.

They still have $555 putters for sale 7 days after launch. Maybe people don't have enough swag to own one. Seeing how guys like Lamb sell out in 10 seconds selling $3000 putters.

Im going to actually use my swag Headcover on my Lamb putter... lol what's your point. Can't like both?

Looks like they are taking orders for putters. To me that means they sold out of what was made and are making more.

I like the concept. I tend to like bright neon colors. I'm not overly fond of the name but that's not the end of the world. What I can't see me doing is spending $150 to $250 more on a putter with no customizable options that's not any better than other established names out their. My special edition Piretti with lime green paint fill, grip and head cover was $400. idk if I'm going to spend more than 300 or 400 on a putter I just see myself sending a Scotty to the custom shop or ordering a custom from someone like Lamont or Byron Morgan.

I like the concept. I tend to like bright neon colors. I'm not overly fond of the name but that's not the end of the world. What I can't see me doing is spending $150 to $250 more on a putter with no customizable options that's not any better than other established names out their. My special edition Piretti with lime green paint fill, grip and head cover was $400. idk if I'm going to spend more than 300 or 400 on a putter I just see myself sending a Scotty to the custom shop or ordering a custom from someone like Lamont or Byron Morgan.

These days I tend to enjoy more non mainstream, up and coming, putter makers. Seems like there are a ton out there and charge a similar starting point price.

Nothing wrong with that. For me if you're a new company and trying to charge above average for your product I just think you need to have something to back it up. Whether it be expertise, quality, craftsmanship.

For example I also like to CrossFit. I like buying workout shoes. A few years ago a new company came out and was charging considerably more than other comparable shoes. I still don't have a pair of their shoes but I think they've proven to be a quality product. Similar products have gone up in price and they have come down in price. Hopefully that helps explain my thoughts on them. Not knocking the company if they end up proving to be that good I may pick one up down the road

Nothing wrong with that. For me if you're a new company and trying to charge above average for your product I just think you need to have something to back it up. Whether it be expertise, quality, craftsmanship.

For example I also like to CrossFit. I like buying workout shoes. A few years ago a new company came out and was charging considerably more than other comparable shoes. I still don't have a pair of their shoes but I think they've proven to be a quality product. Similar products have gone up in price and they have come down in price. Hopefully that helps explain my thoughts on them. Not knocking the company if they end up proving to be that good I may pick one up down the road

I don't think they are charging above average for their product at all.

I think the only true Dale Head shapes that are available for less than $500 are the new Ping Vault Anser, Lajosi and Kingston. Basically everyone else is going to be above $500 once you work in an option or two and a decent finish.

They aren't under-cutting the market, but $555 is a lot less than a Super Rat, 009, BB0 or Allendale; and with a nice headcover and finish it's right in line with the rest of the market.

I like what they've done with their version of this head shape, hope they do well and look forward to seeing if they carry their style over to an Anser 2 shape.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes pictures and feedback on their putters would be much appreciated.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

• 2 months later...

I wanted one of the raw finished putters with no line but missed out on the timing :-( maybe at some point I’ll try one.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Any updates from owners on the putters?

Anyone know where these guys are located...played in a ProAm yesterday and one of the Pros mentioned Omaha, NE...which is a shock considering they'd be right in my backyard.

Chicago suburbs and the putters feel real good. You need to try it

Appreciate you confirming the location. Too bad...if they were in Omaha, I'd be frequenting their shop like I do the craft breweries here!

555.00 each? Wow, I think I will pass, I am not seeing anything that would make me buy one of these before one from Lumpy, LaMont, Byron or Lajosi.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Seems like this company only makes headcovers for dutch bags to flip on ebay.

"I have a great idea, lets start a putter company but only make obnoxious headcovers in quantities of 20, once a month, and charge $100 each!"

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Seems like this company only makes headcovers for dutch bags to flip on ebay.

"I have a great idea, lets start a putter company but only make obnoxious headcovers in quantities of 20, once a month, and charge $100 each!"

I see about 5 different ones a day on a FB buy/sell/trade group. I don't think they're moving the needle much though.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec