2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Putter Company Swag Golf?

I like the style of Swag, the 80's RAD style about them. But $555 for a slightly tweaked anser style head that's off the rack, I'd rather spend my money on a custom Byron.

Lets see how they fair in the next couple months.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up one of these beauties... Also a couple T shirts and Covers.

I don't think they will be doing any custom stuff at least not at first. They are going in a different direction and one off type hand stamped stuff isn't very swag. Personally I dont think the price is anything crazy, after all isn't a scotty cameron or bettinardi just a tweaked anser head also? Ive seen a lot of "tour putters" that are basically off the rack putters and they sell for two or three times what this one is selling for. It'll be interesting to see what they do for the tour players, I wonder if they will get a one off if it will be the same thing?

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

I like their stuff but at that price point for essentially an off the rack dalehead it's going to be a tough sell. Lamont at that price point for a fully custom MA66 cannot be beat.

Between Lamont, Byron, and Piretti it's a tough market at that price point for anyone else.

I do like some of their headcovers but the name Swag is slightly a turn off.

Scotty Cameron otr cheaper and mass produced not in the USA.

Tyson Lamb way more when he makes putters. No new head designs.

Piretti otr cheaper but no significant head shape changes.

Byron custom about the same price maybe more. Same dale head design. B17 sets him apart.

People are making it sound like the 2 putters that were released were mass produced like an otr. I bet less than 100 pieces were made. That would be limited edition.

As far as being just another dale head design I think it’s quite different. Smooth flange, mill lines strategically placed on bumpers and sole. Shoulder bumper transition is different as well. But yep you guys are right just another copy.

Head covers are more detailed than most other manufacturers. Scotty is into glittery pleather. Tyson makes his quilted leather with magnets that tear through the liner. Both at higher price points but once again just another head cover.

Enjoy your truly massed produced products and move on.

Byron custom about the same price maybe more. Same dale head design. B17 sets him apart.

People are making it sound like the 2 putters that were released were mass produced like an otr. I bet less than 100 pieces were made. That would be limited edition.

As far as being just another dale head design I think it’s quite different. Smooth flange, mill lines strategically placed on bumpers and sole. Shoulder bumper transition is different as well. But yep you guys are right just another copy.

Head covers are more detailed than most other manufacturers. Scotty is into glittery pleather. Tyson makes his quilted leather with magnets that tear through the liner. Both at higher price points but once again just another head cover.

Agree with all of this. There are some details in these heads that set them apart. I’m sure most are not even looking at the head though just the price and basic shape. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it always amazes me how many people seem to wish new brands fail. It happens with every new brand. It’s fair to compare for sure but I would think most would want more competition and options in the golf space. It only gives us more options to truly get what we want for the price we are comfortable at.

Speaking of price I think looking at the detailed milling on these the price is a bargain. Again everyone has an opinion and it may be different than mine which is fine but all of the custom makers being listed around the same price to me don’t have refined looking shapes/heads. Again some people are into that and while I have an appreciation for it I actually prefer a cleaner looking head And think it is worth substantially more when a head looks “done”.

Not every brand will be for everyone but I still scratch my head why people seem to root against brands rather than embracing everything across the golf marketplace.

You are forgetting one thing..... all of the makers you listed have a reputation of doing good work and have been around for years outside of Tyson being fairly new.. This company is not even a day old AND hasn't delivered on a single product yet. We haven't seen how the quality is first hand, customer service, turn around time, etc.

As far as headcovers go almost every company get them from the same spots AM&E, EP, and Delilah. I would venture to say "Swag" is as well. So to say Swags headcovers are going to be better than Tyson's isn't accurate as they all are being made by the same companies with different designs thus making them the same overall build quality.

You are forgetting one thing..... all of the makers you listed have a reputation of doing good work and have been around for years outside of Tyson.. This company is not even a day old AND hasn't delivered on a single product yet. We haven't seen how the quality is first hand, customer service, turn around time, etc.

As far as headcovers go almost every company get them from the same spots AM&E, EP, Delilah, etc. I would venture to say "Swag" is as well. So to say Swags headcovers are going to be better than Tyson's isn't accurate as they all are being made by the same companies with different designs thus making them the same quality.

Never said they were better than Tyson’s. Read my post again. They are more complex in relation to design and thread count to make the finished design. Tyson’s magnetic closure is destroying the interior liner. I would think he would be working on a solution to that. Oh and Tyson has been making putters for while now under his black diamond name brand.

You are forgetting one thing..... all of the makers you listed have a reputation of doing good work and have been around for years outside of Tyson.. This company is not even a day old AND hasn't delivered on a single product yet. We haven't seen how the quality is first hand, customer service, turn around time, etc.

As far as headcovers go almost every company get them from the same spots AM&E, EP, Delilah, etc. I would venture to say "Swag" is as well. So to say Swags headcovers are going to be better than Tyson's isn't accurate as they all are being made by the same companies with different designs thus making them the same quality.

Never said they were better than Tyson’s. Read my post again. They are more complex in relation to design and thread count to make the finished design. Tyson’s magnetic closure is destroying the interior liner. I would think he would be working on a solution to that. Oh and Tyson has been making putters for while now under his black diamond name brand.

Not going to argue with you because I truthfully don't care but they still have putters in stock 15 hours after release. That does enough talking for itself. I think their stuff looks nice but have a feeling the Swag name doesn't sit well with most people.

As far as being just another dale head design I think it's quite different. Smooth flange, mill lines strategically placed on bumpers and sole. Shoulder bumper transition is different as well. But yep you guys are right just another copy.

Never said they were better than Tyson's. Read my post again. They are more complex in relation to design and thread count to make the finished design. Tyson's magnetic closure is destroying the interior liner. I would think he would be working on a solution to that. Oh and Tyson has been making putters for while now under his black diamond name brand.

Not going to argue with you because I truthfully don't care but they still have putters in stock 15 hours after release. That does enough talking for itself. I think their stuff looks nice but have a feeling the Swag name doesn't sit well with most people.

SWAG is definitely going to be polarizing. Very much a niche product. A little too out there for me possibly. And at the price point, I'd like some customization options.

$555 for another Anser ...

$77 for a putter cover with an "insane stitch count" ...

No thanks.

What manufacturer do you prefer?

I'm just saying me personally ... I don't mind spending money on putters, but they're tools. I have a Flanigan and an OTR Cameron that offered me something cheaper putters couldn't and I thought would help me get the ball in the hole in less strokes. I don't think a smooth flange or strategically placed milled lines on the bumper are going to do that.

Totally understand other guys geek out over the design elements, finish, artistic stylings, whatever, on high end putters. That's cool if it's your thing.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

No thanks.

I'm just saying me personally ... I don't mind spending money on putters, but they're tools. I have a Flanigan and an OTR Cameron that offered me something cheaper putters couldn't and I thought would help me get the ball in the hole in less strokes. I don't think a smooth flange or strategically placed milled lines on the bumper are going to do that.

Totally understand other guys geek out over the design elements, finish, artistic stylings, whatever, on high end putters. That's cool if it's your thing.

It's not about geeking out as u put it, it's about wishing people n new companies trying to their damn thing success. Whether or not you like them, what does it do for you to mock their prices and strategy? Feel better about your life now? Good luck and hope things get better for u sir. Cheers.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

wow, spirited debate going on here.....

I definitely feel there is a spot for Swag to fill in this niche market. Untapped avenue of consumers. I may not "geek out" over design changes but I do recognize and appreciate the effort / time / skill put forth to make those changes. I think their style / brand will certainly be "polarizing" and for me, honestly fun to watch.

I'll stand by my earlier post. For me, the price point for that putter isn't enough for me to steer me from a custom Byron or Slighter / Scotty custom. To each their own of course.

Lastly, I really like all these new putter companies popping up: Swag, Cody James, Strokes Gained, Kana, Royalty, Ricky Johnston, Bradley just to name a few. More the merrier

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

No thanks.

It's not about geeking out as u put it, it's about wishing people n new companies trying to their damn thing success. Whether or not you like them, what does it do for you to mock their prices and strategy? Feel better about your life now? Good luck and hope things get better for u sir. Cheers.

Wow dude, chill. If you thought everybody was going to jump on board a company selling $555 polished Ansers, you're crazy.

There are lots of small innovative putter companies out there trying to make golfers better (Holder Golf, MxV, etc.) I'm all for supporting them ...

There are respected club designers trying to break away from the major manufacturers and do their own thing their based on their reputations and abilities. I'm all for supporting them.

From what I've seen, Swag is doing neither of these things. It looks like a group of marketers saw some success of others and are trying to jump on the bandwagon. I don't see what added value they're bringing to the marketplace. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see where stampings, mill lines and a "cool" font justify a $555 price point.

Sorry I'm not jumping on board you're bandwagon. I think Swag is making it harder for small putter companies who are actually bringing something to the table.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Just got some of their headcovers. Quality is one of the best out there imo. I like the flashy and colorful designs. The name swag ain't for some people but can't deny their quality. Excellent service, they reply to message quickly, shipping is fast and packaging is pretty sweet too.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

What makes the quality of their headcovers better if they use the same vendor as Betti, Piretti, Lamb, Morgan, etc. etc.? echoing what others have said, it would be hard playing with the guys at my club with a product name 'swag'.

Lol. Based on what I see, I believe they use EP golf. Not 100 sure as they have their own tags. The 2 other covers I have from lamb made by EP are also my favorite. Grinding golf I think makes the other guys. Morgan uses various vendors. The one I have of Byron wear pretty quickly and the shape is not as nice imo. Grindin golf makes great products as well. But based on the materials used and the batch, they seem to be more inconsistent than EPs. One of my other favorite is actually one made by grindin golf. I feel like swag choose the right materials, went with a higher stitch count on a couple designs. That's why I said I feel like they have one of the best qualities out there. Don't let you hate for the name cloud your judgement. If you or others find it hard to golf with somebody that a word swag on their Headcover or their putter because they like their products. There's much bigger and deeper personal issues going on. Cheers

Byron has used EP for most of the recent covers and they are A LOT nicer than the AM&E covers he also does.

If they are using EP covers, and large designs with high stitch counts, the they will be top notch covers.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Byron has used EP for most of the recent covers and they are A LOT nicer than the AM&E covers he also does.

If they are using EP covers, and large designs with high stitch counts, the they will be top notch covers.

Good to know. Where do you pick up the newer ones. Steve? 303? I've seen some pic of some really cool designs. Thanks.

Ya EP ones are top notch for sure. And when u have a good designer to do the artwork. Just adds to the quality.

What makes the quality of their headcovers better if they use the same vendor as Betti, Piretti, Lamb, Morgan, etc. etc.? echoing what others have said, it would be hard playing with the guys at my club with a product name 'swag'.

Lol. Based on what I see, I believe they use EP golf. Not 100 sure as they have their own tags. The 2 other covers I have from lamb made by EP are also my favorite. Grinding golf I think makes the other guys. Morgan uses various vendors. The one I have of Byron wear pretty quickly and the shape is not as nice imo. Grindin golf makes great products as well. But based on the materials used and the batch, they seem to be more inconsistent than EPs. One of my other favorite is actually one made by grindin golf. I feel like swag choose the right materials, went with a higher stitch count on a couple designs. That's why I said I feel like they have one of the best qualities out there. Don't let you hate for the name cloud your judgement. If you or others find it hard to golf with somebody that a word swag on their Headcover or their putter because they like their products. There's much bigger and deeper personal issues going on. Cheers

Piretti pretty much strictly use EP. At least the 5 or so Piretti I have are all made by EP.

Piretti pretty much strictly use EP. At least the 5 or so Piretti I have are all made by EP.

Ahh gotcha. Piretti also uses grindin alot. Nothing against Piretti, I personally like covers with different artwork designs. A more detailed and original design equates to higher quality for me. Not saying Piretti headcovers are no good. Just not a fan of the dancing Piretti logos I see alot of.

Nothing but positive things to say about the EP covers I own. When I saw the SWAG images I thought they bore a striking resemblance. My only complaint is that I wish I had EP covers with magnet closures (even though their Velcro is of the utmost quality).

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon