2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

APPLY: Graphite Design MAD Shaft Testing! 4 Members Wanted! Apply here!

What’s in your current bag? Currently game a Titleist 917D3, Ping G400 3-wood, Ping S55 irons w/C-Taper 125 S+, Ping Glide stealth wedges, Ping Nome TR putter, and Tmb 2-iron.

What is your current handicap? 3.8

What's your driver swing speed? 120

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Alexandria, VA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 917 D3 8.5 set at C1

What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila Rogue Tour Silver 125msi 7x. Also have a GD Tour AD IZ 7tx, and a Tour Atmos Black 7tx to compare.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes I agree to participate.

Desired shafts. Info needed:

Weight: 7

Flex: X

Adapter: Titleist 917

Grip: MCC+4 midsize, plus 4 wraps

Total Driver Length: 45”

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would first give the obligatory graphics review about the looks of the shaft. Performance wise, I would take it to the range and hit balls and provide my review of ball flight, feel, performance. I would also compare it to my Rogue Silver Tour 125msi, Tour AD IZ, and Tour Atmos Black shafts. I do have access to a launch monitor, so I would take and hit all of the shafts, and compare the numbers. Lastly, I would take it out on the course and review ‘on-course’ performance and compare it to my current gamer (s). Of course I would share the entire journey with the WRX community!

Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx <br /><br /><br /> Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx<br /><br /><br /> Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI <br /><br /><br /> Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+<br /><br /><br /> PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc<br /><br /><br /> Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G driver 9* - Ping i25 3 wood 14.5* - Ping Rapture DI 2 iron - Ping Anser irons 4-PW - Ping Tour Gorge wedges 50* & 54* - Ping Eye 2 XG wedge 60* - Taylormade Daddy Long Legs Putter
  • What is your current handicap? 4.5
  • What's your driver swing speed? 117
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fairfield, PA USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Designs Nano Reloaded 7 x-stiff
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. - Yes I agree

• Desired shafts. Info needed:
    • Weight - 65 grams
    • Flex - x-stiff
    • Adapter - Ping G
    • Grip - prefer a Golf Pride VDR midsize, but a Golf Pride Tour Velvet mid-size will work also
    • Total Driver Length - 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - Graphite Design shafts have a unique feel that I have had success with in the past. I have played the ys-6 and was fitted and played the YSQ+ years ago. Recently purchased the Nano Reloaded and again a great shaft. Would love the opportunity to give this MAD line a try. If it happens to kick out the Nano Reloaded I will put that one in my 3 wood.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Current bag- Taylormade M3 9.5 set 1 click down weights forward w/ UST Elements Chrome 7f5t

Taylormade M2 tour 3HL w/GD AD DI 8X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18* w/ GD AD DI 95x

Mizuno MP 59 w/DG Tour issue X100

Titleist Vokey 50, 55, 60 w/DG tour issue S400

Odyssey Versa 7

Handicap- 0.2

Driver Swing Speed- 119

Located- La Crosse, WI

Driver shaft will go in- Taylormade M3

Currently playing- Elements Chrome 7f5t

Agree to participate in reviews- Absolutely

Desired shaft- MAD Pro 6x w/ GP MCC 4+ midsize Black/Grey

Testing- I would start by comparing the MAD against my current shaft on a launch monitor, and when it finally stops snowing outside, I will take them both out for on course testing to see what works when it really matters. I enjoy trying new things, but I don’t change them unless I know for sure it will help so any review would be very honest based on only my results

What’s in your current bag?

Cobra F7+ GD DI 6 SR flex tilped 3/4" built to 45"

King LTD 3w with 70gram rogue

X2 hot 3/4/5 all with Tour AD DI 85 gram hybrid shaft

6-pw Srixon 745 px 5.5 ss1

Callaway MD2 50/54/60

Bettinardi SS6

What is your current handicap? 10

What's your driver swing speed? 92-94

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Cebu, Philippines

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Same as my current head unless I get better numbers with a Rogue SZ.

What shaft do you currently play now? GD tour AD DI 6 sr

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing tread?

Yes

Desired shaft

MAD PRO 6 reg flex

Cobra tip

Playing length 45"

MCC +4 grip

Would conduct on course testing at 3 course that I play 3xs a month. Very different courses.

What’s in your current bag? Aldila ATX Green 75TX, Taylormade M4 460 10.5

What is your current handicap? 3.7

What's your driver swing speed? 117

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? HIGHLAND, CA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M4

What shaft do you currently play now? ALDILA ATX Green 75TX

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I do, thanks for the opportunity!

Test process:

1. Hit on the range head to head vs my gamer with some sort of technology; comparing feel, distance, dispersion, speed, etc

2. Play 3-4 rounds with the new shaft

3. Instagram

TaylorMade M1 440 MRC Diamana BF 60 stiff

TaylorMade M2 HL GD Tour AD DI 7 stiff

Srixon u65 Aerotech Steelfiber i80s

Miura MB 5003 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour120 stiff

• What is your current handicap? 8.7
  • What's your driver swing speed? 103MPH
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Scottsdale, AZ, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? TaylorMade M1 440
  • What shaft do you currently play now? MRC Diamana BF 60 stiff
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES!!

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6-S
    • Weight 65G
    • Flex Stiff
    • Adapter TaylorMade
    • Grip Golf Pride MCC+4
    • Total Driver Length play at 44.5"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. outdoor range along with indoor monitor up against my regular playing shaft.

Thanks!

Titleist TSR3 10° Diamana ZF 60S
Titleist TSR2 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Titleist  818H1 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95X

Srixon ZX4/ZX5/ZX7 MKII 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50° (mid), 54° (mid) TI DG S400

Cleveland RTX6 58° (low) TI DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89 34/350

Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 7S, Taylormade M2 10.5 set to 9.5

What is your current handicap?

Hovering around 14

What's your driver swing speed?

Between 98-102

Humble, TX, USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

My Taylormade M2

What shaft do you currently play now?

Tour AD-GP 7S

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

Yes, I will be as thorough as possible.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S. Full details on MAD shafts here.

Weight Pro 65g

Flex Stiff

Adapter Taylormade

Grip Golf Pride MCC

Total Driver Length 45.5”

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts:

Phase 1 would be to take the test shaft with my current setup to an indoor monitor. Warm up with my current setup to establish norms, followed by shots on the test shaft to compare spin, carry, accuracy, and distance to my own setup.

Phase 2 would be to hit both my current setup and the test shaft at an outdoor range under typical weather conditions to compare real world ball flight tendencies.

Phase 3 is to test on course. Hit all driver holes with two same mode balls using each shaft to compare distance and accuracy. Report results including any photo evidence of differences in performance.

• What’s in your current bag? TM M1 440, TM M1 3w, Callaway Epic hybrid, Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4-GW, Callaway MD 3 Milled 568 % 60*, Odyssey Works Red 1W s
  • What is your current handicap? 3.4
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105-110
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Scottsbluff, Nebraska
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylor Made M1 440
  • What shaft do you currently play now? GD AD DI 6S
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, absolutely

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S.
    • Weight 60
    • Flex Stiff
    • Adapter TaylorMade M1
    • Grip Lamkin Crossline. Standard
    • Total Driver Length 44"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

On the course exclusively

Ping G30 driver

Bridgestone j33 5 wood

Mp32 4-w

Glide 52,56, 60

Scotty Newport 2.5

What is your current handicap? 0.7

What's your driver swing speed? 120+

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Birmingham, Al

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping g30/g400

What shaft do you currently play now? Fujikura motore Speeder vc 6.1 x

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES

MAD Pro 65 x

Adapter - Ping g400, lamkin utx

Total Driver Length - 45 1/4"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

Flightscope, range, rounds

Driver- PING G400 VC 6.1 X
5 wood- Bridgestone J33 VS Proto
3-PW JPX 900 Tour SPR X
52,56,60 Ping Glide
Putter - Scotty Cameron TEi3 Newport

What’s in your current bag? 9.5 Taylormade M3

What is your current handicap? +.3

What's your driver swing speed? 115-120

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Kent, Ohio, USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?Taylormade M3

What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite design Tour Ad TP 6x

Desired shafts

Weight 6

Flex: X

Adapter: 2018 TM Tip

Grip: Golf pride MMc align

Total Driver Length 45.5

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: First would take my two gamers with the MAD to the range. Would start with my trusted TP on Trackman. Once loose I would hit a series of 10 balls and compare trackman numbers to desired numbers. Also focus on dispersion and flight without trackman. Also the feel of the new MAD compared to my TP

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

U505 1 iron Ventus Black 10tx

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

What’s in your current bag? Miura cb1008 irons, Seven Wedges, Miura Putter, Ping G400 LST Driver, Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3 wood

What is your current handicap? 7

What's your driver swing speed? 118

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Oakbrook, IL. USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G400 LST 8.5*

What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila Synergy Black 70TX

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes, no problem.

Desired shafts. Info needed: Mad Pro 7x

Weight 70-80g

Flex X

Adapter Ping G

Grip Pure DTX Midsize

Total Driver Length 45”

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: First, I would test on track man outdoors -20 balls with my own driver, then 20 balls with the Mad Pro. All data will be recorded. Then, I would leave the range, go directly to the 1st tee and play 10 holes where driver is appropriate. I would begin with my driver and record the results on fairways hit, yards left to the hole and other small points about relation to where I normally am on that hole off of the tee. Then, I’d loop back to the first tee and the same 10 holes, collect the same data and this time switch out my shaft with the Mad Pro. Then I’d analyze the results (having a data background helps) and report the findings while also capturing photos, recording feel and other nuances.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• What’s in your current bag? I currently game a Callaway Rouge driver with the Evenflow 5.5 R flex shaft, Rouge 3 wood with 5.5 R flex shaft, Titleist 718 AP1 irons with Modus R flex shafts, Titleist 816 Hybrids with R flex Diamana Blue shafts, Bobby Grace 18 Blade putter/ Scotty Golo and I play either Snell MTB or Prov1x ball
  • What is your current handicap? Handicap is 7.6
  • What's your driver swing speed? Driver swing speed is 90-92
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? I live in Fredericksburg Virginia 22408 in the USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Rouge 10.5
  • What shaft do you currently play now? EvenFlow 5.5 flex
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I have no problem providing driver head, results of test, photos, and will be more than glad to chat about the rules with all.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight MAD 65
    • Flex R
    • Adapter Callaway
    • Grip I prefer Iomic Sticky 2.3 with one extra wrap but GolfPride New Decade is just as good
    • Total Driver Length 45.25 is my preferred length

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I would first spend some time on the range getting a feel for the shaft, then play at least 2 rounds. I would post my initial observations from the range sessions and then post again after on course testing with real golf balls. I would be looking for yardage gains or losses, accuracy, how the shaft holds up on a normal swing and then really going at it.

Thanks for the opportunity

Cheers,

Jeff

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response

Thanks for the opportunity. Here's my info:

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway GBB Epic Driver, 3 wood, 7 wood, and 4 hybrid and 5 hybrid; TaylorMade irons, wedges and putter
  • What is your current handicap? 9.0
  • What's your driver swing speed? 92
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Pittsfield, MA USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic 9.5
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I agree.

• Weight 55g
    • Flex R
    • Adapter Callaway
    • Grip Std similar to Lamkin UTX
    • Total Driver Length 45.5

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Start at driving range and hit a bucket alternating between my current set up driver and the same driver head with the new shaft. Follow this and play 2-3 rounds with the new shaft in my driver.

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915 d2 9.5 with Diamana Blue Board 60g Stiff Flex Shaft, Titleist 913fd 15 degree with Diamana White board 80g Stiff, Titleist 913f 19 degree with Diamana White Board 82g Stiff, Titleist 714 Ap2 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300, Titleist Sm5 wedged 50 54 60, Scotty Cameron Futura 6m putter, Titleist ProV1x
  • What is your current handicap? 5
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Russellville, Alabama
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 915 d2
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Diamana Blue Board S+ 60 Stiff Flex
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? I do. I plan to provide above excellent photos as well as being active in a thread. I am almost finished with my Bachelors of Science in Professional Writing, so reviewing and describing a product with words is right down my alley. I will be thorough and ensure that other members get an easy to understand as well as helpful reviews.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight- 65 grams
    • Flex- Stiff
    • Adapter- Titleist 915
    • Grip- Golf Pride MultiCompound
    • Total Driver Length- 45 in

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would first hit on the driving range with the MAD shaft and my current shaft. After I was comfortable with both, I would then take 10 golf balls and put a red dot on the ones i hit with the MAD shaft and a blue dot on the ones hit with the Diamana. I work/live at my golf course so this shouldn't be an issue to spend some extra time out there. I would record the difference between the balls and see which shaft flies furthest and most consistent. Next, I would play 2 rounds with the MAD shaft installed and 2 with the Diamana and record fairways hit/average distance (shot with range finder). I would then take all the data from my testing and compose a well written review to post to the designated forum. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your consideration.

• What's in your current bag?
  • 9* Epic Sub Zero, Aldila RIP Alpha 70x
  • 15* Epic, Fubuki K 70x
  • 20* Ping i15 Hybrid, Aldila RIP Alpha 85x
  • Callaway Apex Pro 16 (4-AW) KBS Tour-V 120x
  • Callaway MD4 RAW 54S, 60C, DG S-300
  • What is your current handicap? 11
  • What's your driver swing speed? 116 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Phoenix Arizona - USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic Sub Zero
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila RIP Alpha 70x
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES!!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD Pro 7x
    • Weight 7
    • Flex X
    • Adapter for Callaway Epic Sub Zero
    • Grip fav is the Golf Pride Z-Cord with one extra wrap of tape
    • Total Driver Length 45"

[*]It's pretty easy to get out by myself on my home course on Friday afternoon. I would go to hole #5 (Trilogy at Vistancia in Peoria, AZ), which is a wide open 586yd par 5 and locate a center line target. From there I can track total distance and distance from my aiming line to compare distance and accuracy with my current shaft (which was fit for me) to the MAD Pro. I would ensure that I got at least 3 solid hits with each combo and then GPS them for distance and again measure from my center line aim point. Additionally, I have full access to the LM at the PGA Tour Superstore...I can take my own ball in and also compare 3 - 5 solid hits with each club on the launch monitor so that ballspeed, spin, carry distance, total distance, and accuracy could be more specifically measured

[*]

[*]Thanks for the opportunity!

[*]Keith

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini 12° HWF, HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5"

TM 2023 P7MB (4-PW), Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX6 50.10 M, 54.10 M, 60.06 L, Project X 6.0

TM Spider Tour X Double Bend, 35"

Bridgestone Tour BX

• What’s in your current bag?
  • 10* G400 LST with Fujikura Speeder 661, 16.5 Titleist F2 with Graphite Design AD DJ 7X, 20* UDI with Project X 6.5, 718 AP2 4-PW project x 6.5, Vokey 50,56,60 project X 6.0, Bettinardi studio stock #28
  • What is your current handicap? 0.0 (no really, it is actually 0.0 right now)
  • What's your driver swing speed? 115-120 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? West Palm Beach, FL, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? PING G400 LST
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes
  • We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight 60
    • Flex X
    • Adapter PING
    • Grip Lamkin Crossline midsize

[*]I would compare the shaft against my current gamer using track man data, and I would play 3-4 rounds of golf comparing gamer vs the MAD

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1

• What’s in your current bag? 917 D3 9.5 with DI6x, AP2 irons x100, vokey wedges, fw's and hybrids kinda rotate
  • What is your current handicap? +2.1
  • What's your driver swing speed? ~111
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?, Calgary Alberta Canada
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 917 D3
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Tour AD DI 6X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely

Will test on the course against my Tour AD DI 6x which I have played for probably 6 years now, so I am very comfortable with the shots it produces. Will test on trackman and or flightscope, I have access to both it is just a matter of which one I can "borrow" for an hour

• Weight 60
  • Flex X
  • Adapter Titleist surefit
  • Grip Lamkin crossline cord, logo down

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[*]What’s in your current bag?

Titleist 915 D3 9.5 aldila rogue silver 60x

M1 3 wood fubuki x stiff

915 hybrid 18&22

Mizuno Mp-15 kbs x stiff

Titleist 50,54,60

Ti3 putter

[*]What is your current handicap? 11

[*]What's your driver swing speed? 112

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Syracuse NY

[*]What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 915

[*]What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila rogue silver 60x

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

-yes

[*]Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6X

[*]Weight 6x

[*]Flex xstiff

[*]Adapter titleist

[*]Grip multicompound

[*]Total Driver Length 45.5"

Upstate NY provides plenty of opportunities to play indoor during the long winter. I have a very good idea what my gamer performance is and what it feels like. I would set up a date with a indoor bay and see how this shaft performs on the monitor. After that I'd head to the outdoor range and see what the ball flight difference is as well as continuing to evaluate performance. Lastly I'd take it on the course for a few rounds to see how it performs during play.

Thanks for the opportunity

• What’s in your current bag?
    • Driver: 2017 Taylormade M1 10.5. Even Flow Blue Handcrafted 65, 6.5 flex
    • 3 Wood: 2017 Taylormade M1 3HL. Even Flow Blue 75, 6.5 flex
    • Hybrid: 2017 Taylormade M1. Kuro Kage Silver TiNi

[*]What is your current handicap?

[*]What's your driver swing speed?

• 109-111

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

• Appleton, WI, United States

[*]What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

• 2017 Taylormade M1

[*]What shaft do you currently play now?

• Even Flow Blue Handcrafted. 65g. 6.5 flex

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

• Absolutely!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight - 6X
    • Flex - 6X
    • Adapter - Taylormade
    • Grip - MCC Plus 4 Blue, 2 wraps of tape

• I would compare on the 2 launch monitors I have access to: GC2 & SkyTrak
    • I prefer on-course testing, so I would also take the shaft head-to-head with my gamer on all driver holes for a few rounds (3 drives per hole with each), noting flight, feel, distance, accuracy, and consistency.

What’s in your current bag? 17” TM M2

What is your current handicap? 7

What's your driver swing speed? 101

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Salt Lake City UT USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade

What shaft do you currently play now? ADDI6s

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S. Full details on MAD shafts here.

Weight 6

Flex Stiff

Adapter Taylormade

Grip GPMCC

Total Driver Length 45

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts- play 4 or 5 rounds/launch monitor

-Ping G400 Max 10.5 GD ADGP 7X 44.5

-Denver, CO, US

-Ping G400 Max 10.5

-Graphite Design AD-GP 7X 44.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

-Got it

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

Weight 70

Flex X

Adapter Ping

Grip Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Total Driver Length 44.5

I like to go back and forth on the range with the current gamer and the new set up. After I get a feel for how the shaft is performing I go out to the course and hit 3 or 4 balls on each tee shot and compare to where I usually am on those holes. If all is checking out, I like to get in to a money game and see how the shaft performs for a round under pressure.

Thanks for your consideration!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

▪ What’s in your current bag?

TM M3 8.5 (Played at 10.5)

Graphite Design Tour AD DJ8X 44”

Callaway X2 HOT 3 Deep 14.5

Aldila ATX 75 3.7 S (tipped 2” 42”)

TM 790 3-GW

Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 X

Vokey SM5 54, 58 wedges

Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 S

▪ What is your current handicap?

▪ What's your driver swing speed?

114+

▪ Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Portland, Oregon US

▪ What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

TM M3 8.5

▪ What shaft do you currently play now?

I’m currently playing the Graphite Design Tour AD DJ8X 44”, but I have a Tensei Pro White 70 X (tipped 0.5”) 44.5” for comparison as well.

▪ If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?
Absolutely!

Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD 75 PRO

◦ Weight

◦ Flex
X

◦ Adapter
TM

◦ Grip
Tour Velvet

◦ Total Driver Length

Little history on my M3 driver: Preordered it in February with the Matrix Black Tie 80. The shaft fit me perfectly, dropping my RPMs into the magical 2000 range. There was delay on that shaft until April, so I’ve been using a demo head and my previous gamer, a Graphite Design Tour AD DJ8X. Turns out that Matrix is out of business, so I just went through a second round of driver shaft testing, settling on the Tensei White Pro. I will be spending the next month both on the course and using Trackman to fine-tune my numbers. It would be great to test another premium shaft against the Tensei, because my options were limited during my testing.

• What’s in your current bag? TaylorMade M4 10.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
  • What is your current handicap? 8.8
  • What's your driver swing speed? Last measured 108mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Oswego, NY USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? TaylorMade M4
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X HZRDUS Black
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely ad no driver head :)

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight MAD Pro 7
    • Flex X
    • Adapter TaylorMade M4
    • Grip Golf Pride Multi-Compound Midsize
    • Total Driver Length 45.25"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. I think this will be an on course testing. I will have access to a launch monitor and can provide numbers but lately seems that optimal spin rates look great until I'm on the course and looking to work it or flight it one way or the other. Here in the Great Northeast there are parts of the season, pretty much the whole season except for June, July & August, where carry is the most important thing as there isn't any roll.

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

• What’s in your current bag? TM M3 440 9* w/ GD Tour AD TP 6x
  • What is your current handicap? 12
  • What's your driver swing speed? 115mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Houston, TX USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M3 440
  • What shaft do you currently play now? GD Tour AD TP 6x
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Absolutely!

Desired shafts: MAD PRO 6X

• Weight - 65
    • Flex - X
    • Adapter - Taylormade
    • Grip - Lamkin UTx with 2 extra wraps

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: First take it to the range to set it up for desired ball flight then put it on a monitor to get numbers for launch, spin, ball speed, carry, etc... Then play multiple rounds with it and see how it performs on the course.

What’s in your current bag? 2017 M2 with stock Fuji 56 stiff shaft

What is your current handicap? 19

What's your driver swing speed? 105-110

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Toms River, NJ

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 2017 TM M2

What shaft do you currently play now? Stock Fuji 56 stiff. Also have hzrdus yellow 75 S in 4 wood that performs very well for me, so would "compare" to that too.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Of course

MAD PRO 6-S

Weight- 65g

Flex- stiff

Adapter- TM .335

Grip- golf pride mcc+4 align

Total Driver Length- 44.75

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts- driving range, on the course, and hopefully on trackman for #s. But I would bring both shafts to the course and hit 2 balls, note flight, control, distance, forgiveness, etc and provide detailed report over a length of time/multiple rounds.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Titleist 915 Drver D4 Tensei white

Titleist 915 F 3 Wood

Titleist 816 h2 Hybrid

Titleist 916 CB 4-6 Mod 3 120

Titleist 916 MB 7-9 Mod3 120

Vokey SM6 46*,52*,56*,69* DGTIS400 black

What is your current handicap? Zero

What's your driver swing speed? 108mph

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Flemington, NJ

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?Titleist D4

What shaft do you currently play now? Tensei white

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

Weight 6X

Flex X

Adapter Titleist

Grip GP MCC Align black

Total Driver Length 44.5"

I will test it at the range and course at Hamilton farm comparing it to my current gamer.

Wk

Titleist GT4 Driver 10* Ventus TR Blue 6s

Titleist GT3 3Wood 16.5* Ventus tr Black 7s

Titleist T200 3 &4 Iron Tensei White HYB Stif

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

Toulon Austin First Run

PROV1 Left Dash

Callaway Great Big Bertha (2015) with Graphite Design AD-DI 6

Callaway XR16 4 wood with Graphite Design AD-DJ 7

Tour Edge XCG-4 3 hybrid with Graphite Design UT 85

Cobra King F6 4 hybrid with Graphite Design UT 85

Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW with Nippon 950

Vokey SM6 56.08 and 62.08 with Nippon 950

Scotty Cameron NP2

What is your current handicap? 4.9

What's your driver swing speed? 105-107

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Greenville, SC, USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 2015 Callaway Great Big Bertha

What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Design AD DI 6 stiff

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely!

Desired shaft:

Weight: MAD 65

Flex: stiff

Adapter: Callaway Optifit

Grip: Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound, +1 wrap

Total Driver Length: 45 inches

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would start by testing on the range compared to my current gamer. I would proceed to on course testing (3-4 rounds). I would finalize testing on a monitor to not let any numbers skew my opinion. I feel I am extremely qualified to test this shaft based on my current setup and experience with Graphite Design shafts. I am updating a second bag so even if it doesn't top the AD-DI 6 for me, it will still get a lot of play.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

What’s in your current bag? G400 lst with synergy black proto 70tx, g400 stretch black xtorsion 80tx, g400 5w ad-di 80x, Miura baby blades and wedges with super peening blue x shafts then my trusty Nike 006 proto putter.

[*]What is your current handicap? 5

[*]What's your driver swing speed? 117

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Tampa, FL, USA

[*]What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping/G400 lst 8.5

[*]What shaft do you currently play now? Synergy 70tx Black proto

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

I would be happy to participate and provide all the data, quality hi-res photographs and a review the shaft.

[*]Desired shafts. Info needed:

Weight MAD Pro 7x

Flex X

PING 400 tip

Golf pride z cord

Total Driver Length 45.5”

First I would compare the quality of the graphics and looks of the shaft. I would then test it on trackman doing three sets of five swings rotating the Graphite Design Mad, 70tx Synergy Black, Black xtorsion 70TX and a Tensei Ck pro white TX. Once I collected the data I would take it to the course and would hit it against one of the previous listed shafts. Including normal swings, going after it, and shaping shots. I would the do the same over the course of two weeks with each of the listed shafts.

During the course of the testing I would provide updates on the site with course conditions, comparisons of distance/feel and my overall opinion of the shaft. In the end, I would play a few rounds with the shaft at my home course and give a final review of the product.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

What’s in your current bag? TM M2 9.5, Exotics CBX 13.5, PXG Hybrid 19, Apex Pro 4-GW, Renegar SW 55, Callaway LW 60 (MD PM), Odyssey O-Works #9.

What is your current handicap? 8.1

What's your driver swing speed? 108-110

Where are you located (City, State, Country) Rocklin, CA, USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? TM M2

What shaft do you currently play now? Mitsubishi Tensei Orange V2 70X

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes I agree

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes I agree

NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes I agree

Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 7X or Mad Pro 6X.

Weight 70G

Flex X

Adapter TM

Grip Multicompound

Total Driver Length 45"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. I have 2 M2 heads and would hit them side by side. First I would take them to the range to get a better feel for the shaft and how it works with my swing. Then take the 2 clubs to the course. Using my GPS I would hit them side by side on the course for distance, despertion, Feel,'spin and ball flight. i would also bring a few of my other shafts to test against the Mad Pro 7X, (Matrix Altus LT, GD ADDI 7X, Matrix Ozik TP7HD and Tensei Blue.

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Proxima 6X

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Mini Driver 13.5*- Ventus TR Blue 7TX

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Aldila rogue silver 125msi tour s in a 2016 m2. Fujikura speeder evo 2 in 2017 m2 3wood. Tensei pro blue tx hybrid in a mizuno jpx900 3 hybrid. Mizuno mp63 irons. Mizuno mph5 3iron. Callaway 54-12. Vokey 60-10. Ping sigma g kushin.

110mph

Orlando, FL, USA

2016 Taylormade M2

Aldila rogue silver 125msi tour s

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

Yes

NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

Weight - mad pro 6

Flex - x tipped an extra inch

Adapter - taylormade m2

Grip - mcc+4 gray

Total Driver Length - 45"

Launch monitor testing first to post spin rate, launch angle, carry distance, and dispersion. Then range testing with just feedback on how the shaft feels compared to my rogue.

Then on-course testing. First, sleeve of balls for each shaft. Compare total distance and dispersion for 3 or 4 total rounds (9-12 balls for each shaft). Second, one ball off each par 4 and par 5 for 9 holes to compare results of drives that matter.