2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Graphite Design MAD Shaft Testing! 4 Members Wanted! Apply here!

• What’s in your current bag? see sig
  • What is your current handicap? 5
  • What's your driver swing speed? 121
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Reno, NV. USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? cally epic SZ
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Kuro Kago
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. of course.
  • Desired shafts. Info needed: Mad pro 7X
    • Weight 75 gram
    • Flex x stiff
    • Adapter callaway
    • Grip lampkin crossline mid
    • Total Driver Length 45.25

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: i would first swing the club without hitting a ball in my yard to try and get a feel for how the shaft loads. then i would take it to the range. i would start off swinging easy and work up to swinging as hard as i could to see if the shaft stuck with me. Then i would see if i could work the ball. after that i would take it to the course and play.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s in your current bag? Taylormade m1, Aldila Rogue Black 110 msi. Taylormade m1 3w, Taylormade m1 3H, Titleist T-MB 4iron (graphite Aldila installed), Mizuno MP25 (5,6,7) Mizuno MP5 (8,9,PW). Irons are KBS Tour 130 XS. 50,54,60 Titleist SM5 with KBS Tour S shafts. Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 murdered out

• What is your current handicap? 8
  • What's your driver swing speed? 100-105
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Lakewood, OH USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade m2
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila Rogue Black 110 msi
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, of course!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S.
  • Desired shafts. Info needed: Mad Pro 6S
    • Weight 65
    • Flex -S
    • Adapter - Taylormade
    • Grip - Golf pride tour velvet
    • Total Driver Length - 45"

•  

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

I would test this using my gc2 initially. I would play with club head loft, and use a minimum of 4 differen't balls; Pro v1, v1x, Srixon Z-Star XV and Taylormade TP5x. I have 2 different shafts at home so I would compare all three.

I would than take it to my home course where I know my current landing areas and see how it performs for fairways hit as well as distance.

What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic with Hzdrus T800 65gr 6.0

What is your current handicap? +.4

What's your driver swing speed? 102

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Alpena, Mi

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic

What shaft do you currently play now? Hzdrus T800 6.0

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Absolutely

Weight 65

Flex Stiff

Adapter Callaway

Grip Golf Pride MCC

Total Driver Length 45.5”

I would start on the driving range to get a visual of trajectory and my tendencies with the shaft in my driver. Most of testing would be done on the course and switching between my current shaft and the MAD shaft. I would take note of distance and accuracy as well as feel in hitting shot both directions, on my course you need to hit both a draw and a fade. Driver is the straightest club in my bag so testing on course is the best way for me to get a true feel on how a club / shaft combo will work. If I can get to a trackman I will but I find on course testing is still the best.

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

What’s in your current bag? Taylor Made M1 10.5, Titleist 917 F2 3 wood, Titleist 818 H1 21*, Titleist AP2 4-P, SM7 wedges & Taylor Made Spyder Putter

What is your current handicap? 5

What's your driver swing speed? 100 - 103

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylor Made M1

What shaft do you currently play now? Tour AD MJ 6s

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S. Full details on MAD shafts here.

Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD

Weight: 65

Flex: S

Adapter: Taylor Made M Series

Grip: CP2 Pro

Total Driver Length: 45''

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I have access to a range anytime and would test there first. I would also include a test using TrackMan and provide results and feedback. Would also use on course and provide comparison to what I am currently using. Thanks for giving me this opportunity!

What’s in your current bag?

G400 Max 9* Atmos Black 6X

G 15* 3 wood Aldila 2KNV 75 TX

Rapture 2i Aldila 2KNV 85 X

I200 4-PW Dynamic Gold Black Onyx X100

Glide Stealth 2.0 50*,54*, 58* Dynamic Gold Black X100

Vault 2.0 Piper

What is your current handicap? +2

What's your driver swing speed? 108

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Scottsdale,Arizona, USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G400 Max

What shaft do you currently play now? Atmos Black

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

I do Agree

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S. Full details on MAD shafts here.

Desired shafts. Info needed:

Weight-6

Flex-X

Adapter-Ping G400

Grip-Tour Velvet or Tour Velvet Align

Total Driver Length-Finished length at 45.25

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

I would use Foresight, GC2 and possibly Trackman to evaluate ball flight differences. On course testing would also occur. During in course testing would test how both fades and draws behaved. Thanks for the consideration.

We're looking for 4 GolfWRX Members to test their new Graphite Design MAD shafts. Want to be part of the test? Read how below.

ABOUT GRAPHITE DESIGN MAD SHAFTS:

The team in the R&D lab at Graphite Design Japan went all out when designing the new Graphite Design MAD wood shafts. A challenge was issued to them to design a shaft that would alleviate the ill-fated golf ball flight issues that results in a lack of Maximum Accuracy and Distance. Accepting the challenge, they went to work in an effort to develop a cure.

The new Graphite Design MAD shaft is their response. Available in two strengths, the Graphite Design MAD Standard strength wood shafts are available in a 45g A and R Flex, 55g R and S Flex, 65g R and S Flex and a 70g S Flex and is designed for the intermediate to advanced players.

The Graphite Design MAD PRO strength wood shafts are available in 65g S and X Flex and 75g X Flex and is designed for the advanced to professional players with higher swing speeds.

Make an appointment with your local professional golf club fitter and request that he write you a prescription for a new Graphite Design MAD shaft to cure your ball flight issues that may be holding you back from achieving Maximum Accuracy and Distance.

MAD

• Designed to promote Mid to Mid/High launch angles with Low/Mid to Mid ball spin rates.
  • TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology for increased stability in the mid to tip region and unsurpassed feel.
  • Ultra-premium, high modulus, aerospace quality carbon fiber materials.
  • Graphite Design proprietary Material Stiffness Integration (MSI) design philosophy and technology.

MAD PRO

• Designed to promote Mid launch angles with Low ball spin rates.
  • TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology for increased stability in the mid to tip region and unsurpassed feel.
  • Ultra-premium, high modulus, aerospace quality carbon fiber materials.
  • Graphite Design proprietary Material Stiffness Integration (MSI) design philosophy and technology.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Graphite Design and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select testers after the application thread is closed after April 23, 2018.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 Max 9*; 2017 M2 Tour 15*; 2017 M2 Hybrid 22*; Ping Iblade 5-PW; TM MG wedges 56,60; Ping Glide 2.0 52*; Ping Sigma G Anser
  • What is your current handicap? 10
  • What's your driver swing speed? 109
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Savannah, GA, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G400 Max
  • What shaft do you currently play now? HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, I agree to provide the requested data.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts. Info needed:
    • Weight 65 or 75 gram Pro model
    • Flex Extra Stiff
    • Adapter Ping G400
    • Grip NDMC plus 4 midsize
    • Total Driver Length 44.75

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. To test these shafts I would compare them head to head against the stock Ping tour shaft as well as the HZRDUS T1100 using my clubs’ trackman system to provide real numbers. I would also play multiple rounds with the shaft to provide an on course comparison of the shafts.

• What’s in your current bag?

2017 TaylorMade M1, Nike MMProto Irons, Vokey 52Deg F Grind, Epon 56Deg, Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

• What is your current handicap?

• What's your driver swing speed?

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Long Beach, CA USA

• What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

2018 M4

• What shaft do you currently play now?

Project X Black

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

YES

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight

[*]67

• Flex

[*]Stiff

• Adapter

[*]2018 TaylorMade M4

• Grip

[*]Golf Pride Align

• Total Driver Length

[*]44.5

Range comparison to old driver, course play.

HOW TO APPLY:

Taylormade M2 9.5 graphite design ad di 7x

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 13.5 graphite design ad tp 8x

Callaway 815 hybrid 18 graphite design ad di 105x

Taylormade P790 4 - PW

Taylormade Tour Preferred 47, 54, 60

Taylormade Spider

What is your current handicap? 3

What's your driver swing speed? 105-112

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Perth, WA Australia

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M2 (2017) - 9.5

What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Design ad-di 7x

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes

Weight: 6

Flex: X

Adapter: Taylormade

Grip: Golfpride - z cord, 2x papers

Total Driver Length: 45.25

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts:

Firstly I would try and get as many of my mates to try the shaft as I could. And would look to do mainly on-course testing, hitting with both existing and trial shafts on the same holes.

• What’s in your current bag? Taylormade M4 10.5 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X
  • What is your current handicap? 1.0
  • What's your driver swing speed? 113 MPH
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Midland, TX, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M4
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes I agree to participate.

• Weight: 6
  • Flex: X
  • Adapter: TM M4
  • Grip: Tour Velvet
  • Total Driver Length: 45"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would test the shaft both on the range as well as on the course. I would also hit a few balls on the launch monitor side by side with my AD IZ to compare numbers. Things I would look for are launch angle, spin, overall trajectory (flat, high, spinny, piercing, etc), feel at impact, workability, and weight distribution. I think that comparing this shaft to the AD IZ would be a great test given that they have similar characteristics for the player seeking a mid to higher launch angle with lower spin.

HOW TO APPLY:

• What’s in your current bag? - Titleist 917 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Black 65-05
  • What is your current handicap? +1.5
  • What's your driver swing speed? 116 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Houston, TX USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 917
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Oban Kiyoshi Black 65-05
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. - Yes I would be happy to participate

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight
    • Flex
    • Adapter
    • Grip
    • Total Driver Length
    • 65 Pro X flex, Titleist Adapter, GP MCC +2 wraps, 45" length

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts -When looking at a shaft my main concerns are spin rate, launch and then how likely it is to turn over left on me, which is my bad miss. I am not as sensitive to feel but I don't like a shaft to feel like it is over-flexing. I am looking for a specific launch window and flight, and of course consistency. I would evaluate it both on well struck shots as well as my misses vs. my current shaft.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist T200 3 Utility Build Thump 90-X
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

What’s in your current bag? - Currently switching between Aldila Rogue 60s (for windier days) and a Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60s

What is your current handicap? - Hovers between 0-2, probably closer to 2 today than 0

What's your driver swing speed? - between 105-107

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Springfield, Missouri

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? - G400 LS 8.5*

What shaft do you currently play now? - between Aldila Rogue and Diamana S+. Been using the Diamana more as the launch is just a bit better and I get a better overall carry, plus its soooo smooth.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. - absolutely, I love wasting away my work day on here!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

Desired shafts. Info needed: - MAD PRO

Weight - 60

Flex - s

Adapter - G400 with logo down at the small +

Grip - Lamkin UTX Midsize (you can pick the color)

Total Driver Length - playing at 45"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I'm typically very in between living and dying by the numbers, and then how it actually performs on the course. So I'll probably start off at my local club fitter smashing away on his Trackman until I can't hold the club in my hands anymore. After that, we'll go outside and see how it stacks up against my other gamer shafts. Ideally I'm looking for the launch of the Diamana with the spin of the Rogue. After that its off to the course to see where it stacks up where I know I should hit the ball on the course.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway GBB 9* Rogue Silver 110 MSI 60g X-Stiff @ 45.5, TM SLDR 3W Prolaunch Red X-Stiff, Adams Pro Black 2H ProjectX 6.0, Maltby DBM 4-PW TT Dynamic Gold X100 Soft stepped 1x, Mizuno MP T5 50/54, Cleveland RTX 3 60
  • What is your current handicap? 3
  • What's your driver swing speed? 110-112
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Forest Hill, TX, US
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway GBB 9, I also have an Epic 9* head that I do not currently use.
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Rogue Silver 110 MSI 60g X-Stiff @ 45.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I do, thanks for the opportunity!

Oh I plan to do extensive testing. I have a Flightscope Mevo for the driving range, and I have a full simulator at the house with a Skytrak. I have tested several clubs and other items from GolfWRX contests. Pics and reviews galore!

• Weight 60g
  • Flex X
  • Adapter Callaway (fits both GBB and Epic)
  • Grip Golf Pride Tour Velvet 580, or 600 with an extra wrap
  • Total Driver Length 45.5", no tipping

Would prefer low-spin for our Texas winds, if possible. Thanks!!!

• TM 2017 M1 10.5* Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X. Titleist 915 F3 Aldila Tour Blue 70X. Titleist 816H Aldila Black 80X. Mizuno MP-25 3-PW TT DG TI S400. Vokey SM6 54*, 58*
  • 108-114 MPH
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)
  • Buffalo, NY USA
  • Taylormade 2017 M1 460
  • Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head?
  • Agreed

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight - 60+ grams
    • Flex - X Stiff
    • Adapter - TM M1
    • Grip - Tour Velvet +2 Wraps
    • Total Driver Length - 44.75"

[*]Multiple on-course rounds after a few range sessions to dial in feel. As well as testing at home and at the range with my Skytrak to get complete statistics and optimize shaft/head settings

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic 9* with Diamana LTD S+ 60X tipped .5 ( see below for rest)
  • What is your current handicap? 9.6
  • What's your driver swing speed? 104-107
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fuquay Varina, NC USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Diamana LTD S+ 60X tipped .5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight - Mad Pro 6X
    • Flex - Mad Pro 6X
    • Adapter - Callaway
    • Grip - any standard size
    • Total Driver Length - 45.5 to have option to tip if needed.

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - Easy! go out and hit them! Side by side on range, on holes, using same type of ball in same conditions. measure landing spot, roll out, etc.

• What’s in your current bag? 917 D2 7.75 - Even Flow 75s tipped 1 inch, TM Me Hzrdus Black 75 stiff, 917 h2 Even flow 85 stiff, 5-pw Cally x forged 18 - KBS S+ Tour, SM& 50, 54, 58 various grinds. Bettinardi BB1 tour proto
  • What is your current handicap? +2
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Franklin, TN USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 3 wood - need help with launch conditions TM M3
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Hzrdus Black 75 s
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:
MAD Pro 7X preferred
    • Weight - Mad Pro 7
    • Flex - X
    • Adapter - TM fairway
    • Grip - GP Tour Velvet - +1/32
    • Total Driver Length - 42.75 inches

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shaft - will test on trackman head to head with current set up - will also play several rounds of golf - have 2 heads exact same specs so can tee both up on every hole and check dispersion, distance, flight and feel. Fairways hit, greens hit etc..

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 LST 8.5 w/Oban Isawa 65 s and Mits. Chemical tensi blue 60 s
  • What is your current handicap? 10
  • What's your driver swing speed? 97
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Macomb township, Michigan, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G400 LST
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Oban Isawa 65 s and Mits. Chemical tensi blue 60 s
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I do, thanks for the opportunity!

Test process:
  • 1. Hit on the range head to head vs my gamer on the local Trackman; comparing feel, distance, dispersion, speed, etc
  • 2. Play many rounds with the new shaft, then pass it along to my golf buddies to check their feedback on the shaft.

What’s in your current bag? Taylormade M4, Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

What is your current handicap? 11.1 Index

What's your driver swing speed? 105 mph

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Peachtree City, GA USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M4

What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Of course

Desired shafts. MAD 65 S

• Weight 65g
  • Flex S
  • Adapter Taylormade
  • Grip Golf Pride Multi-compound
  • Total Driver Length 45.0"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Most importantly, I would document every aspect of the experience with the WRX community - from receipt of the shaft through rigorous range and on-course testing. This group may actually get annoyed in regards to the volume of posts that would follow. :D I would do a side-by-side comparison between the MAD shaft and my current gamer, which is a Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X. Testing and comparison would be done over a number of range sessions and several rounds on the course. Each individual is different in regards to what type of information they find beneficial from testing/reviews, so I will provide as much information as possible in regards to feel, flight, experience, visuals, etc. Thanks for the opportunity!

• What’s in your current bag? Rogue Subzero 10.5°, 913f 16.5°, Fourteen HI858 2 Iron, Vapor Pro 4-P, Mizuno MP-T 51°, SM2 54°, PM Grind 58°, Huntington Beach #11
  • What is your current handicap? 7.8
  • What's your driver swing speed? 115-118
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Bel Air, Maryland, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Rogue Subzero
  • What shaft do you currently play now? PXEven Flow Blue 75g 6.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes

• Desired shafts. MAD PRO 7X
    • Weight: 77g
    • Adapter: Callaway Epic/Rogue
    • Grip: Tour Velvet
    • Total Driver Length: 45.5"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Access to Trackman, testing on range compared to current setup and saved data from past shaft fittings. On course testing average of 18 holes per week.

Personally, I go MAD for GDI components so this opportunity is something I truly would appreciate being a part of. Always looking a great feeling mid launch/low spin shaft for the top end of my bag.

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 9*/AD-BB7x, Taylor Made Stage 2 13.5*/Kai'li 80x, Bridgestone J40 CB, Callaway Jaws 52*/60*
  • What is your current handicap? 4
  • What's your driver swing speed? 111 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Plano, IL, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic Sub-Zero
  • What shaft do you currently play now? AD-BB 7x
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Would love to share photos and my input for the community.

• Weight - Pro 65
    • Flex - X
    • Adapter - Callaway Opti-fit 2
    • Grip - Gold Pride NDMC Black/White 60R
    • Total Driver Length - 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - This is interesting as my goal would be to cancel any recency bias. First step would be to cover each shaft with painters tape to take away any visual bias as to which shaft is being used. Using the same grip, at the same overall length, in the same head - I would compare 5 shots each using Trackman before reviewing any numbers. Repeat a second time in the same session. Use 4 sessions with each session on a different day and pair that with on-course analysis.

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic 9* Whiteboard D+ 70x (also have a rouge 110 silver i/o 60X and a Fuji Pro green 62S)
  • What is your current handicap? 5
  • What's your driver swing speed? ~108
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Hastings, Michigan - USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Whiteboard D+ 70x (also have a rouge 110 silver i/o 60X and a Fuji Pro green 62S)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Of course.

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD Pro
    • Weight 70
    • Flex X
    • Adapter Callaway Epic
    • Grip Winn Dri-Tac wrap standard
    • Total Driver Length 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts Would take the MAD shaft along with the three others i have that fit the epic and lead tape the head to have them play the same approximate swingweight. Then would do range session hitting all the shafts and compare the feel, launch and distance between them. Next I would take them all out on the course and do some head to head testing between the shafts in a more real world setting.

Titleist TSR3 9.0 Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSi2 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75X

Callaway Epic Flash 18 Rogue Max 85TX
Titleist TSi2 21 Tensei AV Blue 75X
Sub 70 639 CB Black 5-8 KBS 120S
Sub 70 639 MB Black 9-PW KBS 120S
Sub 70 JB Black 48 KBS Tour S
Sub 70 JB Black 54 KBS TGI 80S
Sub 70 JB Full Groove Black 58 KBS TGI 80S
Bettinardi QB6 SBS

• What’s in your current bag? M4 tensei white 60 TX, M2 T3 GD BB 8X, Tour issue m1 5 wood tensei white 80TX, Miura CB-57 KBS 130x, Vokey sm7 onyx s400, scotty cameron newport 1.5 gss insert
  • What is your current handicap? 0
  • What's your driver swing speed? 118
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M4 9.5
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Tensei White 60 TX tipped 1 inch
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I do agree!

• Weight, 60
    • Flex, X
    • Adapter, Taylormade
    • Grip, Golf Pride tour velvet standard (logo down)
    • Total Driver Length, 45 inches

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts,

[*]I would use it on trackman and compare it to my current gamer shaft and see how it performs. I would also compare it to my other shafts that I have and also test it on the course to see how the trackman translates to the course.

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 917D3 Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI TX
  • What is your current handicap? 1.2
  • What's your driver swing speed? 118MPH
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Middleton, Wisconsin, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 917D3
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI TX
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely!

• Desired shafts MAD PRO 7X, Titleist Adapter, Golf Pride Z-Cord, Play 44.5"

• Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts I would test these by using them in a combo of indoor and outdoor testing. Indoor I would head to a LGS that I can use a launch monitor to compare against my current (and other) shaft(s) to check numbers to be sure they are in line and get settings on club correct to get to the point that I can head outside. From there I would head to the range at my club to compare how the shafts compare outdoors to be sure that it fits my eye. This would be followed by heading to the course to hit the MAD shaft to compare to what my current shaft does out there.

• What’s in your current bag? Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5 w/Kuro Kage DC XT 60 TX, M2 3 wood HZRDUS Black 75X, M1 5 Wood HZRDUS Red 75X, Srixon 565/765/965 Combo PX 6.5, Taylormade MG 50/56, Taylormade High Toe 60, Odyssey O-Works Black 2-ball Slant putter
  • What is your current handicap?2.1
  • What's your driver swing speed? 113 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Virginia Beach, VA, Virginia Beach
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Rogue 9.0
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 60TX
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes. Absolutely

• Desired shafts MAD PRO 6X, Callaway Adapter, 45" playing length

• Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts Compare to HZRDUS Black, Kuro Kage DC XT, and Synergy Black Tour Proto. Launch monitor data, on course review, and looks/feel comparison as well. I would play them multiple days with different wind conditions and provide many pictures of launch data and on course results/comparisons.
  • Thanks for the Opportunity.

• Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0° Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Fairway: Callaway Alpha 816 16° Aldila Rogue RIP I/O 70S
    Hybrid: Taylormade 2017 M2 Rescue 19° Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
    Irons: Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB 4-P KBS C-Taper 125 S+
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 Black 50°, 54°, 58°
    Putter: Ping Anser 1 Milled
  • 5.0 trending to 4.7
  • 107 mph.
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
  • Reno, Nevada USA.
  • Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0°.
  • HZRDUS Yellow 6.0. 63 gram
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.
  • Absolutely.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S,
MAD PRO 6X
or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S.
    • Weight 60 gram.
    • Flex X Flex PRO Version.
    • Adapter Callaway .
    • Grip Golf Pride Tour Velvet Label Down, stretched 1/4".
    • Total Driver Length 45.25".

[*]First, I would take it directly to the range for a swing test followed by on the course testing. I am a member at a golf course and go to the course 4-5 times a week. After a few rounds under my belt, I would go to my local Golf HQ where I would test the MAD shaft against my gamer shaft on their GC2. They are pretty cool about this, as I have spent plenty of money there. I have played the AD-DI, AD-MT, and AD-BB in the past. I've always loved GD shafts, and I am intrigued by this shaft and wonder if the lower price point of this shaft means it performs any less equal than their expensive shafts.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x

TI M2 (2016) 13.5° TS AD-GP 7x

TM P790 2 UDI

TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 S

TI TM Milled GRIND 52° and 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff

TI Bullseye Tour Putter

• What is your current handicap? 2
  • What's your driver swing speed? 100
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Dallas, TX, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M2 2016
  • What shaft do you currently play now? GD TOUR AD-GP 6x
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight MAD Pro 6
    • Flex X
    • Adapter Taylormade
    • Grip Tour Velvet 360 Round
    • Total Driver Length 44.5"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. Will compare against my gamer and a couple others I have. Will test it at range, once dial in. I would test on course at my home course.

Thank you

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

• What’s in your current bag? Epic SZ + Kai'li 70S
  • What is your current handicap? 7
  • What's your driver swing speed? 107
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Queens, New York
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Epic SZ
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Diamana Kai'li 70S
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Happily!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6S
    • Weight 65g
    • Flex S
    • Adapter Callaway
    • Grip GP NDMC black/black

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I love to tinker with shafts and head options at the range for hours so that's definitely where I'd start to get dialed in and find the combo that I like the best. Then I'd take it out to my home course and test it out so I can easily compare against my usual distance + misses. I would make sure to hit a couple with my current gamer too mid round to really feel the difference.

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915D2 AD-DI 70x, Titleist 910F 15deg., Titleist 915H 19deg.
  • What is your current handicap? 4
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105-110
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Richmond, VA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 915D2
  • What shaft do you currently play now? AD-DI 70x
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6S
    • Weight 65g
    • Flex S
    • Adapter Titleist
    • Grip GP NDMC black/black

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Would compare directly to my current shaft through on course feel and range testing. Through multiple rounds, setups and shot shapes, would report on the trajectory, spin and feel differences between setups.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60

917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70

816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90

716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120

716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55

Edel Deschutes

• What is your current handicap? 8.2
  • What's your driver swing speed? 100mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Yorba Linda, CA, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 917 D2 8.5*
  • What shaft do you currently play now? MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60g S
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? YES

• 65g
    • Stiff
    • Titleist Adapter
    • Golfpride NDMC

Testing would include dry data from launch monitors, driving range comparisons, and actual results on course. Would compare to other shafts: Tensei CK Pro White, Diamana White, Diamana Blue, Kiyoshi White, Speeder, and possibly a few others.

Thanks!

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Whats in current bag? 2016 M1 10.5

Current Handicap? +2.3

Swing Speed Driver? 118-120

Located? Biloxi, MS, USA

What driver will this be installed in? 2016 M1 10.5 (may also switch tips and try in a 917 d3 9.5)

Current Shaft? Aldila 2KXV Green 75X

If selected will you...?? Yes, absolutely no problem discussing this shaft as compared to others and submitting pictures

Desired shafts: Mad Pro 7X, if not available would like to try 6X as well

M1 adapter

Tour Velvet Grip (standard)

Would like it to play 45" in an M1

For testing: 1) Range sessions to see how it performs 2) Rounds of golf to see performance in a real life setting 3) Indoor trackman- can compare to other shafts and take pics of results for comparisons

• What’s in your current bag? G LS Tec, G 3w, G 5w Ping iBlade 4-w, SM6 50/56, SM5 60, Odyssey 7s
  • What is your current handicap? 1.7
  • What's your driver swing speed? ~115
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Va Beach, Va Good Ol USofA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G LS
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Diamana B Series 70x Tipped .5"
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I do

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight: 75Pro
    • Adapter: Ping G
    • Grip: Lamkin Players Cord Standard Plus
    • Total Driver Length: 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: My testing would be a combination of outdoor driving range testing using Trackman and range balls (TP5) , on course testing and indoor testing on Foresight with current gamer ball (Tour B XS). I would compare my current gamer shaft during both range sessions to the MAD Pro hitting both consecutive shots with each shaft to be able to get into a rythym with each and then hitting each changing randomly. I would also play rounds where I would only use my and rounds where I would only use the MAD Pro as well as play a round where I hit both shafts on each hole. That way I can compare the MAD to my usuall distances on certain holes where I know I usually end up and I cold compare the two on the same day where I may be either on or off.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100