APPLY: Graphite Design MAD Shaft Testing! 4 Members Wanted! Apply here!

What’s in your current bag? TM M2 9.5, TM M1 3wood, TM M2 3 Hybrid, 4-Pw Mizuno MP69 witg Kbs tour x, Vokey wedges (52, 56, 60) with kbs 610 125 shafts.

What is your current handicap? 1

What's your driver swing speed? 112-118

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Augusta, GA, US

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M2 (2017)

What shaft do you currently play now?

Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x tipped 1 inch

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Yes, a full reveiw with photos and numerous statistics. We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

Desired shafts. Info needed:MAD PRO 7X

Weight - 75

Flex - x

Adapter- TM M2

Grip - lamkin crossline 3 wraps

Total Driver Length - 45"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I would start by testing the shaft at my local range with TopTracer technology. After gathering the stats/launch numbers then I would see if it translated well to the course. Can I flight it, hit draws and fades. How does it feel, typical ball height, reaction from others, etc...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What’s in your current bag? PING G400 SFT drive, TM Fairways, Callaway CF16 irons
  • What is your current handicap? 2.9
  • What's your driver swing speed? 88-92 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fayetteville, PA, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? PING G400 SFT
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X Hzrdus Yellow 5.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. I would gladly participate, provide photos and comprehensively review the shaft.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

MAD PRO 6-S, MAD PRO 6X or 7X, MAD 45 or 55 R and MAD 65 R or S.
  • Desired shafts. Info needed:
    • Weight...45/55
    • Flex...R-flex
    • Adapter....PING G400.
    • Grip...Lamkin ACE
    • Total Driver Length....45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts...I would combine Trackman and field observations as well as on course play including tournaments. Would love the opportunity. Thanks.

We're looking for 4 GolfWRX Members to test their new Graphite Design MAD shafts. Want to be part of the test? Read how below.

ABOUT GRAPHITE DESIGN MAD SHAFTS:

The team in the R&D lab at Graphite Design Japan went all out when designing the new Graphite Design MAD wood shafts. A challenge was issued to them to design a shaft that would alleviate the ill-fated golf ball flight issues that results in a lack of Maximum Accuracy and Distance. Accepting the challenge, they went to work in an effort to develop a cure.

The new Graphite Design MAD shaft is their response. Available in two strengths, the Graphite Design MAD Standard strength wood shafts are available in a 45g A and R Flex, 55g R and S Flex, 65g R and S Flex and a 70g S Flex and is designed for the intermediate to advanced players.

The Graphite Design MAD PRO strength wood shafts are available in 65g S and X Flex and 75g X Flex and is designed for the advanced to professional players with higher swing speeds.

Make an appointment with your local professional golf club fitter and request that he write you a prescription for a new Graphite Design MAD shaft to cure your ball flight issues that may be holding you back from achieving Maximum Accuracy and Distance.

MAD

• Designed to promote Mid to Mid/High launch angles with Low/Mid to Mid ball spin rates.
  • TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology for increased stability in the mid to tip region and unsurpassed feel.
  • Ultra-premium, high modulus, aerospace quality carbon fiber materials.
  • Graphite Design proprietary Material Stiffness Integration (MSI) design philosophy and technology.

MAD PRO

• Designed to promote Mid launch angles with Low ball spin rates.
  • TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology for increased stability in the mid to tip region and unsurpassed feel.
  • Ultra-premium, high modulus, aerospace quality carbon fiber materials.
  • Graphite Design proprietary Material Stiffness Integration (MSI) design philosophy and technology.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Graphite Design and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select testers after the application thread is closed.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• What’s in your current bag?
  • What is your current handicap?
  • What's your driver swing speed?
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?
  • What shaft do you currently play now?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight
    • Flex
    • Adapter
    • Grip
    • Total Driver Length

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

WITB:

-TM M1 430, Tensei Pro White 70s

-Titleist 917 F3 15*, D+ 80s

-Titleist 915H 21* 24*, D+ 90s

-Titleist 718 AP2 5-50*, Steelfiber i95s

-Scratch TD DW 54*, 58*

-Odyssey O-Works 7S

Current Handicap: 6

Driver Swing Speed: 100-103

Current Driver: TM M1 430, 8.5*

Current Shaft: Tensei Pro White 70s

Willing To Participate:Yes

Desired Shaft: MAD PRO 6S

-65g

-stiff

-TM 3* sleeve (1.5* +/-)

-Lamkin Crossline .600, logo down

-plays 45.5" (hopefully tipped .5")

-I'd do heavy comparison on the range and course

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• M3 460
    10.5* / NV 2KXV Blue 60TX
  • M3 3HL / Tour Blue 80TX
  • P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX
    Custom '14 TP MBs 4I-PW / DG X100 HSx1
    MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8) / DG S200
    MD3 Chrome 64 (8) / DG S200
    Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"
    BB0 Tour Limited / 35.5"
  • What is your current handicap? +0.8
  • What's your driver swing speed? 115-117
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Mt Arlington, NJ, USA BABY
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M3 460 10.5
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila 2KXV Blue 60 Tour X (tipped 1")
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely - i've done so in the past for a few different items - i still follow up and answer questions via PMs about things i've tested. i enjoy helping others through thorough testing, pictures, video (when asked) or any data necessary.

• Test process:
  • 1. Hit on the range head to head vs my gamer with flightscope and/or Trackman; comparing feel, distance, dispersion, speed, etc
  • 2. Play at least 2 rounds per week and 3-4 range sessions per week with the new shaft

Desired shafts. Info needed:

• Mad Pro 6X
  • Extra Stiff
  • Taylormade (M1/2/3/4)
  • GP tour velvet 360 (for adjustment purposes - will replace later once the best setting is known)
  • 45"

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• What’s in your current bag? Cobra F8 driver, 2017 M2 Fairway, F7 hybrid 3 and 4, Srixon 565 irons, 765 A-wedge, Callaway PM grind 56 and 64. See sig for more detail.
  • What is your current handicap? 22 (and dropping after long layoff), currently shooting low 90s and threatening sub-80.
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105 (+/- 3 mph)
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Vienna VA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Cobra F8 or F8+
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Mitsubishi CK Pro Orange 60TX in driver, Graphite Design AD DJ 6S in 3W (see sig for more detail).
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes -- happy to!

• Desired shafts. Info needed: Mad Pro
    • Weight 65g
    • Flex Stiff
    • Adapter Cobra MyFly
    • Grip Lamkin UTX midsized
    • Total Driver Length 44.75"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would perform tests using my club heads (I have both an F8 and F8+) using my SkyTrak for data gathering on ball speed, launch angle and spin. I would also perform on course testing using my local club (course plays 6500 from blues - 132 slope). It has plenty of opportunities for me to use driver. I am really looking to keep hitting my driver in a 12-15* launch window with 2200 to 2500 rpm in spin (with a slight draw).

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

• What’s in your current bag? GBB Epic SZ, TEE E8 Beta, Adams XTD ti 3 hybrid, Adams CB3 irons, Cleveland RTX3 wedges, Kingston KP1
  • What is your current handicap? 9.8
  • What's your driver swing speed? 113
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Memphis, TN
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway GBB Epic SZ
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Fuji Speeder EvoII 661X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely

• Weight: 60
    • Flex: X
    • Adapter: Callaway Optifit
    • Grip: Golf Pride NDMC
    • Total Driver Length: 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Plenty of on-course and range head to head shots. I can test them out at my local golf shop and get monitor info (spin, distance, etc)

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway
  • What is your current handicap? 4
  • What's your driver swing speed?105
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?Midland, Michigan
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?Callaway Rogue Sub Zero
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X hzdrus yellow 76 G 6.0
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight 65
    • Flex S
    • Adapter Callaway
    • Grip Lamkin Crossline STD
    • Total Driver Length 44.5

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts 4 Different Days of testing on an indoor Flightscope at work.

• What’s in your current bag?........................................TaylorMade - M1 Driver, R11 3,5,7 Wood, Speedblade Irons, Rossa Ghost Putter

• What is your current handicap?..................................15

• What's your driver swing speed?................................110 MPH

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)?............Calgary, AB, Canada - But, I golf a lot in Utah where my Daughter lives.

• What driver will you be installing these in?..................2017 TaylorMade M1

• What shaft do you currently play now?.......................Tour AD DI 8x, Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70x, Rogue 110 MSI 70-2.8x

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?..........YES I DO.
  • We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts.......................MAD Pro 7x
    • Weight.........................75 gram
    • Flex.............................X Flex
    • Adapter.......................TaylorMade M1
    • Grip.............................Winn Dry-Tac Midsize
    • Total Driver Length.....44.5

[*]

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I would take this shaft to the range and hit balls and provide my review of ball flight, feel, performance and compare it to my Tour AD DI 8x, Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70x, and Rogue 110 MSI 70-2.8x shafts. I would take it out and do an ‘ON COURSE’ performance review and compare it to my 3 stated shafts. I would, of course, share my entire journey (Photos Included) with the WRX community.

HOW TO APPLY:

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 LST, 10 degree (turned down to 9), ping tour 65 stiff shaft, 45" playing length, D4 swingweight.
  • What is your current handicap? Current index is a 6.1.
  • What's your driver swing speed? Right at 100 mph when fit for the G400.
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Denver, Colorado, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? The same G400 LST head I game.
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Ping Tour 65 stiff
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Of course.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight-- Preference for the 65g variants
    • Flex-From the fitting info, looks like a stiff, but defer to the Graphite Design folks if they think another flex would be more appropriate.
    • Adapter-Ping G400
    • Grip-Golf Pride CP2 Pro, standard
    • Total Driver Length-45" playing lengthy

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. I would test both on the range and on the course. Our teaching professional has a trackman, so I would hit the shaft up against my ping tour and tour ad-bb and compare relevant numbers (ball speed, spin, launch angle, etc.). I would then game the shaft on the course to get a qualitative review of feel, workability and control compared to the two shafts listed above.

• What’s in your current bag? See my signature for latest WITB
  • What is your current handicap? 20
  • What's your driver swing speed? 103-107
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Bedminster, NJ USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 2016 M2
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Speeder Evolution II 661 stiff
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 65S
    • Weight - 67G
    • Flex - Stiff Flex
    • Adapter - M series Adapter, set such that graphics face up in the -Loft position
    • Grip - GP Tour Velvet standard
    • Total Driver Length: 44.5''

What’s in your current bag?

Callaway Epic SZ, Veylix Rome 6X

What is your current handicap?

What's your driver swing speed?

~112mph

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Fort Worth, TX

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

Callaway Epic SZ

Veylix Rome 6X

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?

YES!

MAD Pro 65X

Callaway Adapter

Standard Tour Velvet Round

44"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts.

I like to test on the course. Would take the MAD Pro out to the back nine at my club and hit several drivers on different holes with it and my gamer. It's important for me to try and hit different shots with each shaft to really see how it's performing for me.

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 Driver, G25 3W, G30 5W, 4-PW MP5, Vokey 50-54-58, TM Spider tour putter
  • What is your current handicap? 4.5
  • What's your driver swing speed? 112
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? New York, NY
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Ping G400
  • What shaft do you currently play now? - Ping Tour 65X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight -70
    • Flex- X
    • Adapter -Ping
    • Grip - NDMC
    • Total Driver Length - 45

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

• What’s in your current bag? , Callaway GBB 10.5, Callaway XR 4W, Mizuno JPX EZF irons
  • What is your current handicap? 18
  • What's your driver swing speed? 85-90 mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Morris Plains, NJ, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway GBB
  • What shaft do you currently play now? MRC Kuro Kage TiNi Black 50 R-flex, cut to play at 44.25"
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Of course!

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight.MAD 55
    • Flex...R
    • Adapter....Callaway Optifit.
    • Grip...Winn Dritac
    • Total Driver Length....44.25"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts...I would spend some time on a launch monitor to get baseline numbers to compare, test on the range, then test in several rounds (ideally playing 2 balls on each hole when possible) using Golfpad to track distances and location - would also take notes to remind myself of how close/far from my intended target the drives finished up for L/R dispersion.

• What’s in your current bag? '17 M1 460 w/ GDGP 6tx / MP-18 3-PW w/ modus 130x / T7 52,56,60 wedges w/ modus 130x
  • What is your current handicap? 6
  • What's your driver swing speed? 124
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? SLC, UT, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? 2017 M1 460
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Desgin GP 6tx playing at 45 with a half inch extension to reach that length.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.
  • YES!

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6X
    • Weight - 65g
    • Flex - X
    • Adapter - TM
    • Grip - GP Tour Velvet 2 wraps
    • Total Driver Length - 45.25

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts - I would test against my current GD shaft. I have a unlimited pass to an indoor sim so I would first get numbers on launch angle, spin rate, side spin, accuracy, distance, and anything else to compare the two. I would then take it to the course and play at least 5 rounds before getting an idea of what I think. I play several times a week and have been playing my current shaft for a little over a year so I have a good idea of the flex and feel of the shaft. My gamer shaft has also been PURED.

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic Driver-Graphite Design DI-7X; Titleist 3w- Diamana LTD 80X; Titleist 818H (19) Tensei 90X; Titleist AP3 718 (4i) KBS Tour 130X (soft-stepped); Titleist AP2 718 (5-PW) KBS Tour 130X (soft-stepped); Titleist SM7s (50.54.58) KBS Tour125 S+; Odyssey O Works Black 3T
  • What is your current handicap? 0
  • What's your driver swing speed? 107-110 Max
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Woodstock, Ga , USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Epic
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Graphite Design DI-7X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, absolutely

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight- PRO 75
    • Flex- X
    • Adapter- Callaway Epic
    • Grip- Midsize Tour Velvet +2 extra wraps
    • Total Driver Length- 45.5 installed

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts- I would provide both launch monitor data (pure numbers) using flightscope at my club or trackman at a local range and on-course testing (more subjective) about certain shots I like to play and landing areas I expect to hit and be with my usual gamer shaft at my home course.

Thank you Graphite Design and GolfWRX!

• Rogue SZ 9* UST Proforce V2
    • TM M4 Tour 15* Graphite Design AD DI 6s
    • TM M4 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI 85

[*]What is your current handicap?

• 2.8 index

[*]What's your driver swing speed?

• 105-110

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

• Washington DC Metro aka Leesburg, VA

[*]What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

• Callaway Rogue
    • TaylorMade M4 if FW shaft test available

[*]What shaft do you currently play now?

• Rogue SZ 9* UST Proforce V2
    • TM M4 Tour 15* Graphite Design AD DI 6s
    • TM M4 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI 85

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

• Absolutely. I’d be excited to participate in a shaft testing.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight – 65 MAD
    • Flex - S
    • Adapter - Callaway
    • Grip – Any standard Golf Pride Multi Comp
    • Total Driver Length – 45
      • And Or

[*]Weight – MAD PRO 6-S

[*]Flex - S

[*]Adapter - Callaway

[*]Grip – Any standard Golf Pride Multi Comp

[*]Total Driver Length – 45

• Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts
    • First, I go to range about 3 times during week since it is near office. Then I typically have been playing 3 times a week as well. So, I would have plenty of time and swings to provide a good testing.
    • Second, during my range sessions I collect data with a Flightscope MEVO. I then upload the data to an excel file and I plot AVG/MIN/MAX and trends.
    • Third, I track on course stats as well. Fairways hit %, GIR %, etc.
    • I appreciate consideration and would love to test them out.

G425 LST 

G425 Max 14.5* 

G425 19* Hybrid 

TM P7MC 4-PW

RTX Zipcore 50*/54*/58*

PING Sigma2 Anser

titleist driver GD AD/DI 6 stiff, PING i25 irons 3-p cfs stiff, glide 52°, ping tour gorge 56°, cleveland rtx-3 60°, odyseey versa 7 putter
  • What is your current handicap?
  • What's your driver swing speed?
  • 93-95
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
  • Zuerich, Switzerland
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?
    in my current titleist 915 driver
  • What shaft do you currently play now?
  • GD AD/DI 6 stiff
    yes

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD55
    • Weight 61g
    • Flex S
    • Adapter titleist sure fit
    • Grip tour velvet standard size
    • Total Driver Length 44,5

compare it with with my shaft on the launch monitor and on range session. playing several rounds with the old and "new" driver set up and compare the accuracy results.

thank you GWRX and GD

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 917 D2 - Tour AD DI 6S
  • What is your current handicap? 10
  • What's your driver swing speed? 100-105
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country) Austin, TX, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing ese in? Titleist 917 D2
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Tour AD DI 6S
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely!
  • Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6-S

• Weight 67g
    • Flex S
    • Adapter Titleist
    • Grip Tour Velvet
    • Total Driver Length 44.5"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. I have access to a Trackman at local clubs to test this against my Tour AD DI 6S. I've tested numerous Graphite Design shafts and it has not yet been able to beat out the Tour AD DI.. I'd really be looking specifically at dispersion first, distance second.

Taylormade M3 9.5° Tour AD DI 6S
Taylormade M5 15° PF V2 6F4
Taylormade M3-r 17° PF V2 F4-S
Titleist 913h 21° Diamana S+ Blue 82HY
Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Titleist SM7 Raw 46°, 54°, 60° PX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• What’s in your current bag? Cobra Fly-Z+ 10.5*, MRC Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60S, playing at 44.75"
  • What is your current handicap? 7.9 as of 4/15
  • What's your driver swing speed? 102 avg, peak at about 104-5
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Ventura, CA, USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Cobra Fly-Z+ and Cobra F8+
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60 Stiff flex
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, I'll be testing it over multiple rounds and range sessions, comparing it to my gamer shaft and documenting all the results. Thanks for the awesome opportunity, good luck everyone!

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

• What’s in your current bag? Motore TS Speeder Stiff 7.2, JPX 900
  • What is your current handicap? 8
  • What's your driver swing speed? 117
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fairfax VA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? JPX 900
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Motore TS Speeder 7.2
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yepper! Thanks for the opportunity!

Test process:
  • 1. Hit on the range head to head vs my current driver with flightscope; comparing feel, distance, dispersion, speed, etc
  • 2. Play a handful of rounds with the new shaft and get a handle on the on course performance.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/ PX HC Evenflow Blue 6.5
    TMag SLDR Tour Spoon w/ Fujikura Motore TS 83g
    Titleist 915 Fd 5 wood w/ Fujikura Motore 83g
    Srixon 545 4-5 w/PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 6-7 w/PX LZ 6.0
  • Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 8-Pw w/PX LZ 6.0
  • Vokey SM6 52, 56, 59
  • Scotty Cameron Golo S
  • What is your current handicap? 3.0
  • What's your driver swing speed? 106-110 MPH
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Greenville, SC, United States
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway Rogue SZ
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X Handcrafted Evenflow Blue 6.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely, been dying to be a tester.

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD PRO 6-S
    • Weight 65G
    • Flex Stiff
    • Adapter Callaway Rogue
    • Grip Lamkin UTX Standard
    • Total Driver Length play at 45"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. Will start with either indoor bay (on flightscope) or outdoor range to check performance with current settings v. current gamer. Will make any necessary adjustments to settings until numbers show I have the settings with the shaft dialed in. Then will play at least one full round to get a feel for on course performance.

Thanks for another great opportunity!

• What’s in your current bag? Driver- Cobra FlyZ, 3Wood- E8Beta 15*, Hybrid F6 19*, Irons- Mizuno Forged 4-GW, Wedges, Vokey 56/60, Putter- Anser
  • What is your current handicap?11
  • What's your driver swing speed? 98
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?Picayune MS USA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Cobra Fly Z
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Project X Pxv Stiff
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Absolutely

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

Full details on MAD shafts here.

• Weight 55 & 65
    • Flex Stiff
    • Adapter Cobra Fly Z
    • Grip Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Green, logo down at 9.5 N
    • Total Driver Length 44.75

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: Range work to test ball flight and carry, Trackman in my pro's studio to match #, and then on the course. Side by side with my existing shaft. Can I take different lines, Will it run through the fairway? How does it feel on the tee box. How long is it? I'm willing to go MAD, Completely MAD to test this shaft!

• What’s in your current bag? M3 8.5* Tour AD IZ6x (tipped 1")
  • What is your current handicap? 9.3
  • What's your driver swing speed? 118
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Auburn, Al, U.S
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? TM M3
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Tour AD IZ 6X
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. YES

• Weight: Pro 6
  • Adapter: TylorMae
  • Grip: NDMC
  • Total Driver Length: 45"(tipped 1" or whatever you guys reccomend)

I would start on the range with Flightscope X2 Elite to dial in the settings that work best and then take it on course to test against current shaft (I would take the flightscope out on course as well) I would provide feedback on feel and flight characteristic to the naked eye as well as data from FS

Tsr 3 9*

Epic Flash SZ 15*

Covert 19*

716 MB 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

TP5x

• What’s in your current bag? Taylormade M1 460 2017, 10.5 D3 Swingweight
  • What is your current handicap? +2
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105-110mph
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade M1 460 2017
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.5 tipped 1" 44.25" EOG playing length
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, I agree to participate.

• Desired shafts. Info needed: MAD Pro
    • Weight 6
    • Flex X
    • Adapter Taylormade
    • Grip MCC Align
    • Total Driver Length 44.25" EOG

• I will give my brief opinion on aesthetics. The main focus of the review will be performance-based both from data on either flightscope or trackman on the range and visual/feel observations on the range and course. My main source of comparison will be my current gamer, the Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.5. I will also have a Kuro Kage Dual Core Gold 7TX but as that shaft is in a Ping G400 LST, it is more of a feel test.

What’s in your current bag?

- Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9* w/ KuroKage Dual Core XT 70TX

What is your current handicap?

- +1.1

What's your driver swing speed?

- 116-120mph

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

- Billings, MT USA

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in?

- Callaway Rogue Sub Zero

- KuroKage Dual Core XT 70TX Tipped 1/2” @ 44” playing length

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head.

- Yes

Mad Pro

Info needed:

Weight: 7

Flex: X

Adapter: Callaway Rogue

Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Total Driver Length: 44.5”

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts

- With a long history in Graphite Design shafts, as well as other top end shafts on the market, I feel I could give a good comparison and overall performance review on the new MAD shafts. I have access to TrackMan, play or practice almost daily, and have always provided insightful reviews/feedback when doing my own testing of products.

What’s in your current bag? 17 M1 with Project X Even Flow black

What is your current handicap? 5.3

What's your driver swing speed? 105

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Warren, NJ

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Taylormade 17 M1

What shaft do you currently play now? Project Even Flow Black 65g 6.0

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Most definitely.

MAD PRO 6-S

Weight 60g

Flex Stiff

Adapter Taylormade M series

Grip I have my own

Total Driver Length 45.25"

Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: There will be lots of range testing, against my whole arsenal of Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted (Black, Yellow, Red and T1100) as well both Black and Blue Even Flow Handcrafted. IN addition to launch data, I will be playing close attention on feel and control. Those are not things that can be measured by any machine but are critical to the success of a shaft for a player. If it survived the range test, I would have to see if it can perform up to expectation on the course in real life.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

What’s in your current bag? Calloway Rogue driver, callaway epic heaven wood, callaway epic 4 and 5 hybrid, callaway xr steelhead 6-aw, Callaway wedges

What is your current handicap? 7

What's your driver swing speed? 95

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Ft worth, TX

What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Callaway rogue

What shaft do you currently play now? Accra T-60 M3

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? Absolutely!!!

Desired shafts. Info needed: Mad

Weight 65

Flex regular

Adapter callaway LEFT HANDED

Grip Superstroke grey

Total Driver Length 45.5”

I would do multiple range sessions as well as multiple rounds against my Accra T60, Accra FX-150, Accra AC55, and my Project X even flow blue65 to see if the MAD 65r is right for me. I swing fairly flat and need the high ball flight and spin to offset the swing flaws I possess. I truly appreciate the opportunity

• What’s in your current bag? 917D3 9.5*, Aeroburner TP 3HL, R15 19* HY, Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW, SM6 50, 55, 60, SC NP2
  • What is your current handicap? 4.7
  • What's your driver swing speed? 105-110
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country) West Chester, PA, United States
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Titleist 917D3, 9.5*
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Had an Atmos Blue 6X, but it recently broke, so none! (have access to shafts to test against)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Of course!

• Weight: 6
  • Adapter: Titleist
  • Grip: Lamkin UTX .58 round
  • Total Driver Length: 44.5"
  • Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts: I would first test them on-course, comparing against similar shafts. I would then hit on a launch monitor to confirm my on-course observations and get more data. I would also have some others hit it to get even more info. Thanks!

• What’s in your current bag? Currently gaming a '17 M1 460 on a HZRDUS Black 6.5 62 @ 44.5"
  • What is your current handicap? 3
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Pensacola, FL, US
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? TaylorMade '17 M1 460 for sure, potentially would also test an Callaway Epic SZ and Ping G400 LST
  • What shaft do you currently play now? TT PX HZRDUS Black 6.5 62
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. NOTE: You are responsible for supplying the driver head. Yes, absolutely. I can provide high quality photos, analysis and reviews.

AVAILABLE SHAFTS:

• Weight 68g
    • Flex X Stiff
    • Adapter TM '17 M1
    • Grip GP NDMC
    • Total Driver Length 44.5" Playing Length

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts I would provide detailed unboxing and graphic reviews of the shaft, with comparison photos to my current gamers. I would provide thorough reviews here in the dedicated thread showing video footage, photos and other forms of media desired along with detailed and unbiased written reviews with respect to looks, feel, performance (spin/launch characteristics, etc.) of the shaft. This review would be conducted as a comparative analysis with my current driver as well as possibly comparing additional driver heads. I would really look forward to participating in ongoing discussion, q/a, and provide input throughout the entirety of the thread.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity, GolfWRX!

• What’s in your current bag? Cobra F8+ driver and 3 wood. TM UDI 2 Iron. Srixon 565 and 765 4 iron to PW Cleveland RTX 3.0 50, 54, and 60 wedges.
  • What is your current handicap? 2
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Atlanta, GA
  • What driver (brand/model) will you be installing these in? Cobra F8+ - I have tips ready
  • What shaft do you currently play now? Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 in X flex
      • Weight 75
      • Flex X
      • Adapter Cobra F8+
      • Grip Lamkin Rel ACE Mid
      • Total Driver Length 44.5"

[*]Please explain briefly how you would approach testing these shafts. Testing would be done in two ways. On course, over multiple rounds to give each shaft tested a chance to see where I hit them distance wise, and to check their ability to allow me to shape the ball. Second testing would be with Trackman at my courses range. I have access to a Trackman through my courses teaching professional and will use it to compare.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One