TXG tour experience Golf (YouTube channel)

BlakeBstone

Haven’t been on the forum here in a while, I recently found them on YouTube. Not sure if it’s been talked about here but the testing they do is very informative and I find that there approach to fitting shafts and heads is a bit eye opening. Worth checking out if you have the time.

My Bag
Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
Titleist SM6 52,54,60
odyssey big T

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been talked about. Matt had an account and it was deleted/banned for some odd reason. I think because he was promoting the channel and that's not allowed or something along those lines.

Ian is my new favorite guy on YT when it comes to getting club/data info. He's got a lot of insider knowledge; things like Tiger was testing Pro OJ earlier this season and that the switch to it before the Masters wasn't random and sudden. He may have been playing to switch for months now.

It's been talked about. Matt had an account and it was deleted/banned for some odd reason. I think because he was promoting the channel and that's not allowed or something along those lines.

Ian is my new favorite guy on YT when it comes to getting club/data info. He's got a lot of insider knowledge; things like Tiger was testing Pro OJ earlier this season and that the switch to it before the Masters wasn't random and sudden. He may have been playing to switch for months now.

There video on the PO should make some people on here cringe lol. That is definitely not a shaft that is going to fit a wide variety of players.

My Bag
Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
Titleist SM6 52,54,60
odyssey big T

There video on the PO should make some people on here cringe lol. That is definitely not a shaft that is going to fit a wide variety of players.

Right... it's a pretty specific range of players who would like it/benefit from it the most.

I randomly ran across that video this morning about the PO. It was pretty interesting to watch...I really enjoy videos about shaft technology, so their youtube channel is probably one that I will go back and watch when I have free time.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I like their vids. Looking forward to see how their guy does with Super Speed Golf.

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X (with 20g weight in butt)

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Taylormade MG4 56* and 60*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

• 5 weeks later...

(Note I just posted this on the other site as well, hope no one minds the copy paste but I wanted to put the information out there.) So I wish I could get this on the main page where more eyes could see it, but this is where these things go. Apologies in advance for its length

After watching a youtube video a couple months ago by TXG, Ian made a comment that a great fitter could literally change the way someone delivered the ball based on the equipment they had. As a full blown club ho, who spends stupid money on equipment, I've never heard this. I have been fit by every legit fitter in New England at some point over the last 5 years - you name them, I've been there. Ive traveled out of state, been there, done that. I have very strong feelings about fitting, and don't want to make this a session of anyone else, but it would be fair to say I think the big name fitters are good for letting you try a bunch of stuff, but nothing much more.

I'm a 13 that can get low 80's and blow up high 90's. And long story short I decided to drop my schedule and fly to Toronto and meet Ian. This was a significant expense both in fitting cost and travel costs but I will tell you it is the single best thing I've ever done from an equipment standpoint and I'd recommend it to anyone who spends more than 1000 bucks a year on equipment.

To start, I tried to book a full bag fitting in April, he was booked 45 days out. It was scheduled to be an afternoon one day and then the morning of the next. About a week ago I learned I needed to be at an event the night of the afternoon appointment. I let the team know and they agreed to meet me an hour earlier the next day and I flew in first thing in the morning. I fully expected the session to be cut short for that reason but there was nothing I could do and appreciated their flexibility.

So yesterday morning I went and got fit by Ian. I will NEVER again be fit anywhere else. It was a game changer. Started with irons, and was relatively inconsistent as per usual. He kept switching combos, but the amazing part was that every time I told him that I felt something, he could figure out what I was feeling and address it. Most incredibly to me, you could see the path improve. It was remarkable. I didn't believe it from the videos and it was completely legit. Best part - after he dialed me in he told me to hit my (fit) clubs and immediately spraying started again. Then he gave me the dialed in ones and once again, striping them.

Then we went to driver, which I generally hit well but not well into screens. I was predictably all over the place, though decent output. He told me he thought he could get 10-15 more yards out of my swing, which I kind of laughed at because I know my distances. He then handed me a combo and said "this will work or it won't" - which it didn't, but immediately switched out the shaft, and the next one I was indeed getting 15 more yards out of. Which was just crazy for me. Mind you, my whole bag is fit clubs made in 2017-18.

Then putter - he watched me hit three putts with mine and said "You have a pretty unique putter swing - this is probably the only putter I have that you can hit the way you want to"- and immediately the numbers on the screen all got better, you could see the roll was better. The whole thing just made me shake my head.

We then did fairways, hybrid, and wedges. No upsell on the fairways and hybrid, He showed me that my shafts were ill-fit, the numbers improved immediately, and took my clubs to re-shaft them. Wedge I told him I liked what I had, and at this point he had spent close to 5 hours with me, I felt bad and didn't want to take up more of his time given that he'd rescheduled for me. He didn't miss a beat and told me based off my swing he knew what would work, and again, you could see the difference in the feel, the numbers, the spin, and the contact quality. His instinct on what I could get out of my swing was the most amazing thing to me - I see myself as inconsistent and not particularly long, and he could see the ability to squeeze performance out of minor tweaks. Was very, very impressive.

Long story short, this was the best fitting I've ever seen, it changed my entire view of what fittings are and should be, and I'd encourage anyone with the capacity to get to Toronto to see Ian. Ignoring that is he an amazing fitter, he is a wonderful person and it's the kind of business I am happy supporting. I cannot imagine there is anyone who wouldn't get improvement in some way from his insights. He's now the only guy I'll let do my stuff and I hope very much that he doesn't get so busy he can't fit me in.

That's awesome that you got to get fitted by them. I started researching club fittings and new clubs a few months ago and stumbled upon their channel and have been hooked since. It's amazing what they can do and how knowledgeable Ian appears on the channel. Glad to hear he just as good in real life. Wish I had the money to spend to go up there and get fitted. Sounds like an awesome experience.

Driver: Titleist 917 D2
3 Wood: Titleist 904 F
Hybrid: 21 deg Cobra Baffler
4i-PW: Titleist 718 AP2
Wedges: Cleveland CG10 in 54 and 60 deg
Putter: Odyssey White Steel #1

Would love to do a full fitting with Ian, it probably would save me money in the long run with all the simulator to on course failed experiments I have had...

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

Grear write-up. Love to hear that. I am scheduled with him next month. I'm the same as you. Been through several current model clubs, some were for most weren't.

I love how he said in one of his earlier videos he gets more satisfaction out of helping mid to high caps drop several strokes and completely change their games, than he does scratch guys.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Subscriber to TXG's YouTube channel. Really enjoy the content they provide, specifically the "why" things work and how changing equipment into something that is fitted to you can make the world of difference.

Great channel (and they're very active with engaging their subscribers answering questions, taking suggestions for future episodes etc).

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

Ian has referred to the shaft in several of his videos as a timing mechanism. I immediately thought of the few times I've had a certain club with a shaft that really fits my swing DNA. All of sudden the swing becomes effortless, I'm in sequence and the club comes through the hitting area on the correct path, distance and accuracy are produced without having to work it. Probably similar to what ThorntonMelon experienced during his fitting.

If you've just discovered TXG its well worth going through their past videos. Just a wealth of knowledge, unlike a lot of the other youtube guys just testing the newest driver on GCQ.

I like the length of them... Different strokes I guess...

Same here on the length if the content is good and their content is great. I think the longer the better.

He said the reason they are the length they are is he wants people to get the full idea of how s fitting goes. Not just videos of 5 swings and showing the numbers. But they whys behind everything.

Ive learned so much from watching them.

Vokey

If they could figure out how to cut their videos in half, they’d be amazing. If they cut them down to 5 minutes, they’d rule the world.

They could be shorter. But I like them for my treadmill sessions. :)

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

Never had any issue with the length of their content.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)

I guess some people just have short attention spans. LOL

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Glad you all are liking the content! We have definitely seen a spike in the traffic lately and have had a lot of people coming through the shop from all over the world!

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I guess some people just have short attention spans. LOL

But most people just have things to do, like play golf.

Hard to play golf at night.

• 1 month later...

I've seen a lot of fitting but never seen the results my buddy got from TXG. Cameron was fit in the spring and call in bull or what ever I don't care but he gained 25+ yards and he could already hit it. We played a tourny on the weekend and was was 30 by me when we were side by side last yr or he had a little on me. He was fit into a ping g400 max and the veylax or something like that shaft. Two of his tee shots shocked us that they carried that far. I have no affiliation with txg or do I even know them but they did a great job with Cam. He bought a complete set of everything and he is happy. Nice job guys

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I agree TXG is by far the best Youtube golf channel. Before TXG Rick Shiels was my go to youtuber for initial reviews, and Crossfield too.

Personally when I get the update on my phone of the new video release I personally hope its a long one because you know they've really dived deep into what the topic is (just my thought on video length that's all).

Although I miss the fittings they used to do. I mean I like the other videos too, but I love watching the fitting process. Where I live I can't get fit, not even a half Word not allowed fitting here, and the only time a trackman shows up here is twice a year for a single Ping and Titleist demo day, so I love the deep dive into the LM #'s and the "how's and why's" each shaft or head combo maybe affecting the outcomes one way or the other.

I just wonder how this whole Patreon thing will work out. It could be very cool, but unfortunately without access to a real LM, or living in an area where they may be visiting for their upcoming "sessions" might not be worth it for us small towners. But time will tell, but who knows maybe it will? Sounds like they are planning on really doing some huge things in the future with the help of Patreon.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I couldn't agree more with everything said about TXG (except the part about shorter videos, I wish they'd live feed the studio everyday). I just got back into golf about 5 months ago after not playing for 8 years. I was just kinda playing here and there and then ran into TXG. It opened my eyes as to how much gear can be an influence in concert with your swing. Following the channel made me look further into my gear and how gear I was looking into would match me on the course. It's made golf a bad sickness now, they've cost me tons of money! haha

Chris, here on the forum, has been extremely kind and helpful to me as well. When they announced Patreon I had to join. I look forward everyday to what might come out of TXG.

I doubt they'll ever make it to my course but if they make to South Florida you bet I'll be trying my best to get there.

I agree TXG is by far the best Youtube golf channel. Before TXG Rick Shiels was my go to youtuber for initial reviews, and Crossfield too.

Personally when I get the update on my phone of the new video release I personally hope its a long one because you know they've really dived deep into what the topic is (just my thought on video length that's all).

Although I miss the fittings they used to do. I mean I like the other videos too, but I love watching the fitting process. Where I live I can't get fit, not even a half Word not allowed fitting here, and the only time a trackman shows up here is twice a year for a single Ping and Titleist demo day, so I love the deep dive into the LM #'s and the "how's and why's" each shaft or head combo maybe affecting the outcomes one way or the other.

I just wonder how this whole Patreon thing will work out. It could be very cool, but unfortunately without access to a real LM, or living in an area where they may be visiting for their upcoming "sessions" might not be worth it for us small towners. But time will tell, but who knows maybe it will? Sounds like they are planning on really doing some huge things in the future with the help of Patreon.

I only watched a little bit of the patreon video. I know what it is so I just assumed it was an hour long video of why we should give them money. I'm all for donating to them because I love their work, but what else did the video say?

You most likely have seen my fitting video then, it was up about a month ago, "Rob" higher handicap iron fitting, then a driver one that followed. Best fitting experience of my life, and spending 5 hours with Ian and a round of golf with Matt the day before capped an incredible couple days with them.

Vokey

You most likely have seen my fitting video then, it was up about a month ago, "Rob" higher handicap iron fitting, then a driver one that followed. Best fitting experience of my life, and spending 5 hours with Ian and a round of golf with Matt the day before capped an incredible couple days with them.

Rob, I enjoyed watching your fitting videos.