Dear blade,

IIvudooII

1 iron for the win! I'm a good enough ball striker to hit this consistently. (I know unless it's 100/100 naked in the freezing rain with bullets flying by it won't be good enough for the critics.) Come talk to me at the driving range or on the course...I'll let you try it...mainly to hear your excuses or to watch you try to "help" it off the ground. That's an interesting sight for sure.

Cling to your heavenwoods and divine nines!

Hybrids are for the undedicated who lack the wherewithal to swing a long iron. There's some enjoyable flight that your missing by fooling with those goofy looking ugly clubs.

gonna give you some food for thought-- I still carry and effectively hit long irons but I carry a hybrid 22* to be exact. Lots of folks wonder why. At 61 years of age I will admit i can not get a 4 iron as high as I used to. The 22 is a versatile club for me. If I got to hit a high fade or draw around 175 180 yards that 22 works better for me. And if in a fairway bunker on a par 5 or long par 4 I can get that hybrid up quicker than I can a iron. Now on the other hand yesterday in a scramble we were faced with a long 2nd shot on a par 4 with the wind howling in our face about 190 or so. All my partners had missed the green and I felt even in a scramble with these conditions par was a good score. I pulled the trusty Mizuno 3 iron and hit a "Stuey special" which is a butt ugly quail high cut but effective. Got it on the edge of the green and we 2 putted got the hell out of Dodge so to speak there. Sometimes my bag selection goes against common line of thought. I did use the hybrid on one shot and that was out of a fairway bunker . LOL back in the younger days I carried a Karsten I 1ron and blade 4 thru PW. bagged a little Northwestern Persimmon 6 wood which by the way was 22*. LOL some things never change with me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 iron for the win! I'm a good enough ball striker to hit this consistently. I know unless it's 100/100 naked in the freezing rain with bullets flying by it won't be good enough for the critics. Stop by at the range and I'll let you try it sometime. Just promise to try not to "help" the ball get up in the air.

Cling to your heavenwoods and divine nines.

Hybrids are for the undedicated who lack the wherewithal to swing a long iron. You're really missing out on some fun ball flight playing with goody looking clubs.

1 iron for the win! I'm a good enough ball striker to hit this consistently. (I know unless it's 100/100 naked in the freezing rain with bullets flying by it won't be good enough for the critics.) Come talk to me at the driving range or on the course...I'll let you try it...mainly to hear your excuses or to watch you try to "help" it off the ground. That's an interesting sight for sure.

Hybrids are for the undedicated who lack the wherewithal to swing a long iron. There's some enjoyable flight that your missing by fooling with those goofy looking ugly clubs.

Didn't a meteor destroy the dinosaurs and 1 irons?

Didn't a meteor destroy the dinosaurs and 1 irons?

Do you really think a meteor could hit a 1-iron? Newbs...

I have SO much trouble with hybrids! But thankfully, I still hit my AP2 3-iron just fine. And with the new home course only being 7100 and change from the tips, I seldom need long irons anyway. Mostly for tee shots on short par fours.

Primary bag:
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 915Fd 13.5
Titleist 913h 17
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
Ping G400 9
Ping G30 fw 13
Ping G30 hybrid 19
Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

As an aside, yesterday I had a pretty good ball striking day,,,,,,,,,,, for the most part.

I decided to test the new ProV1x on the back nine. Being it is a white ball, like most everyone else's, I put a mark on it - a little "tee pee" over the number. I always place the number directly in the back of the ball and see the strike mark on the club face.

On 12, 165 par 3 downwind, pin pretty much in the center of the green. I took my 150 club (7 iron), lost my balance a bit and hit it terribly, right off the toe (as below) - ended up 30 feet from the pin, a bit short and to the right.

I guess if I was hitting a blade it would've been even better. :russian_roulette:

are you trying to say that you got feedback from your Ping G 7 iron? i was under the impression that any strike with a GI felt like christmas morning no matter where the contact occurred. interesting! :dntknw:

Good question And I will objectively say for me and me only I would not get any feed back from that type of club. But then I am a strictly old school feel player and learned with blades and still play them. That is how I acquired MY feel. On the other side of things everyone's sense of feel is different and maybe he can get feedback from that type of club. And being objective again your impressions and feel may be different

It wasn't a question. gbart was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

So you're an old school "feel" player but you can't "feel" the impact on a GI irons ? O-KKKKKKKKKKKKK, if you say so. ;)

And you a**-u-me that because I got a perfectly acceptable result from that terrible toe hit that I made some sort of compensating move to get a good result rather than the result being due to a much more forgiving club head - how DeNinny-esque !!! - whatever helps you sleep at night.

Perhaps I've simply played golf long enough(?) to be able to know right away where on the club face I hit the ball. I used to play only white balls and marked them similarly with marks right around the number and used to have ink marks on my club face all the time - I seldom got "fooled". Yes, even with the "numb" GI/SGI. :rolleyes: Anudder urban legend.

Nope nope nope Read it again I did not say you got a acceptable hit because of a compensating move but neither did I say the club saved it. I just put forth 2 different scenarios.------- "how De Ninny esque"-- Man what a compliment made my day!!!! I liked that so much and wore that like a badge of honor that I gave you a like on that post. And yes you are not the only one that has "played golf long enough to know where right away where you are hitting the ball on the club face" Will let you know one of my secrets a lot of my irons are worn across the face from the center to the toe. That is because when I manipulate the face sometimes I hit it in certain spots to make the ball do what I want. I showed one of my worn out wedges one night over on confessions section stating that I never was a ball striker and Mr. De Ninny called me out on it. He knew exactly what I was doing and why. And BTW I mark my ball with six dots around the number and leave sharpie marks on the faces of my blades whether they be the Zunos or a set of vintage Macgregor blades as SOP. I would love to duplicate your shot standing on one leg of what ever angle you were at and duplicate the shot you described and I will let you pick the brand of blade iron. Now I will admit not knowing your game I would more than likely have to take one more club than you did because of loft factors. Will let you put a machine on it and I promise not to manipulate the face. I may naturally do that but I will call myself out on that. But I never said you saved it through a move and did concur that in your case maybe the club saved it. Personally like I also stated before I could give 2 hoots less what you or anyone else plays and I refuse to be draw into an absolute argument on that.

Man what a great day this is gonna be got linked to the one and only Mr De Ninny!!!

I respect your opinion and thoroughly enjoy a lot of your posts but to admit to being in the cult of DeNinny? Say it ain’t so Big Stu!!! What’s next, attributing a case of the shanks to body thetans? Replacing a trackman with an e-meter? ?

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

Science sucks...

You know what else sucks? Mocking people who have a genuine interest in getting to the truth. I'd like to separate the science from the marketing by getting some actual data that pertains to real world situations. You know how you prove things in science? You test over and over and over until you can repeat the tests ad nauseum and get the same results every time. The only comparisons I've seen are from YT golfers hitting balls and in each case I can recall, there was no discernable advantage to the GI irons. I'd be happy to look at anyone's data that proves anything one way or the other.

Listen man, this is quite simple really. 95% of the clubs sold are CB's, most of them large ones. Why? Because the club manufacturers sell what people want, and most people want clubs that are easy to hit. And why are large GI CB's easy to hit? Because there are technical features built in which make them that way. I'm sure there are robot hitting test results available somewhere but the manufacturers keep most of this data to themselves. Even most tech savoy blade lovers can accept this truth, yet these discussions continue.

Simple reality is that low MOI small headed clubs, both blades and shallow cavity backs, are a great choice for better players that strike the ball in the center of the face and don't dig too much. Clubs like these are easy to square up into impact so better players can manipulate face angle. They also provide great feedback as to where on the face the ball was struck. Clubs like these are not very forgiving to a steep miss hitting behind the ball, they are harder to elevate in the long irons, they lose more distance on strikes away from the sweet spot, they don't correct for the common outside in swing path at all, and there are other things as well.

Dismissing the tech features of GI clubs is just silly and poor science. You are free to believe what you want though. And dismissing science just because someone didn't prepackage info for your digestion doesn't mean the science is a sham either.

Your attitude is extremely poor and your assumption isn't true. I'm not dismissing anything. You sound pretty jaded so try to open up your mind a little bit. I know what the science says but as I said before it doesn't quantify anything. I'm looking for evidence. Simple reality is that a lot of tour pros play blades or near blades. Why? They wouldn't do it if the didn't see an advantage over GI irons. So what advantages do they see and where, where is the turning point? At what point do the advantages that blades or MB's offer take over from GI irons? I play off 9 or 10 and hit the centre of the face fairly often. Pro's hit it just about all the time I'd assume. Where's the cutoff? Where does the consistency, spin and workability of blades/MB's take over from GI irons? How much do blades, MB's and CB's differ and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each in terms of real data? How far off centre do you have to be with a strike for the advantages of GI irons to really show a benefit? Where is the data?

selfargue.jpg

My friend, your idol(?) DeNinny has said "CBs are more forgiving, blades are more workable". That pretty much works for me.

If it suits you to think/believe so, feel free to add "more accurate/consistent",,,,,,,,,,,,, although given the difference from one swing to the next and environmental condition, especially in amateurs, I'd think accuracy wouldn't be quite the overriding concern one might think, to amateurs.

I have no idea who DeNinny is. Again, you misrepresent me. I don't need to "believe" anything nor have I stated anywhere that I "believe" one thing over another. We're not taking about theoretical subjects or extraterrestrials. I'm looking for data. I don't think I'm going to find it here.

I don't need to "believe" anything nor have I stated anywhere that I "believe" one thing over another. We're not taking about theoretical subjects or extraterrestrials. I'm looking for data. I don't think I'm going to find it here.

What kind of data? What are you looking for?

Do you need data to show that a low bounce, narrow sole, sharp leading edge blade digs more than a high bounce, wide sole, cambered sole iron on shots where the player gets steep and hits behind the ball a little? Do you need data to show that a GI long iron gets the ball up in the air higher and with less effort than a blade long iron?

So again, what kind of data are you looking for as proof that GI clubs have a useful purpose?

And for the record I can't remember any posts here where the GI guys are advocating GI irons for everyone. If anything it's the blade guys that think their clubs are universal for all players.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I’m looking for data. I don't think I'm going to find it here.

I don’t want to get into your spat, but both myself and rawdog have posted links to articles (which contain links to more articles) that posit game improvement designs maintain ball speed of off center strikes and less than ideal contact better than blades. The article I linked to was by Mr Wishon. There was a third article as well posted that concluded in a blind test with thirty golfers, adjusted for loft and length, GI irons are longer than blade irons while blade irons are more consistent.

It’s clear blades and GI are different and neither is better. We have a self-admitted “worse than bogey shooter” in this thread who claims to be good enough to bag a 15* blade 1 iron, so nobody here is telling anyone what to do. However, ignoring that GI does have advantages is silly.

You can disagree with the data, but it’s in the thread. To answer your question about who DeNinny is, DeNinny is a user who posted a long, somewhat insane post in this thread. Which you’d know. If you had actually read it.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

[You know what else sucks? Mocking people who have a genuine interest in getting to the truth. I'd like to separate the science from the marketing by getting some actual data that pertains to real world situations. You know how you prove things in science? You test over and over and over until you can repeat the tests ad nauseum and get the same results every time. The only comparisons I've seen are from YT golfers hitting balls and in each case I can recall, there was no discernable advantage to the GI irons. I'd be happy to look at anyone's data that proves anything one way or the other.

Listen man, this is quite simple really. 95% of the clubs sold are CB's, most of them large ones. Why? Because the club manufacturers sell what people want, and most people want clubs that are easy to hit. And why are large GI CB's easy to hit? Because there are technical features built in which make them that way. I'm sure there are robot hitting test results available somewhere but the manufacturers keep most of this data to themselves. Even most tech savoy blade lovers can accept this truth, yet these discussions continue.

Simple reality is that low MOI small headed clubs, both blades and shallow cavity backs, are a great choice for better players that strike the ball in the center of the face and don't dig too much. Clubs like these are easy to square up into impact so better players can manipulate face angle. They also provide great feedback as to where on the face the ball was struck. Clubs like these are not very forgiving to a steep miss hitting behind the ball, they are harder to elevate in the long irons, they lose more distance on strikes away from the sweet spot, they don't correct for the common outside in swing path at all, and there are other things as well.

Dismissing the tech features of GI clubs is just silly and poor science. You are free to believe what you want though. And dismissing science just because someone didn't prepackage info for your digestion doesn't mean the science is a sham either.

Your attitude is extremely poor and your assumption isn't true. I'm not dismissing anything. You sound pretty jaded so try to open up your mind a little bit. I know what the science says but as I said before it doesn't quantify anything. I'm looking for evidence. Simple reality is that a lot of tour pros play blades or near blades. Why? They wouldn't do it if the didn't see an advantage over GI irons. So what advantages do they see and where, where is the turning point? At what point do the advantages that blades or MB's offer take over from GI irons? I play off 9 or 10 and hit the centre of the face fairly often. Pro's hit it just about all the time I'd assume. Where's the cutoff? Where does the consistency, spin and workability of blades/MB's take over from GI irons? How much do blades, MB's and CB's differ and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each in terms of real data? How far off centre do you have to be with a strike for the advantages of GI irons to really show a benefit? Where is the data?

selfargue.jpg

My friend, your idol(?) DeNinny has said "CBs are more forgiving, blades are more workable". That pretty much works for me.

If it suits you to think/believe so, feel free to add "more accurate/consistent",,,,,,,,,,,,, although given the difference from one swing to the next and environmental condition, especially in amateurs, I'd think accuracy wouldn't be quite the overriding concern one might think, to amateurs.

I have no idea who DeNinny is. Again, you misrepresent me. I don't need to "believe" anything nor have I stated anywhere that I "believe" one thing over another. We're not taking about theoretical subjects or extraterrestrials. I'm looking for data. I don't think I'm going to find it here.

I misrepresent you ? :blink:

I don't think so. The only thing I "represented" ABOUT you is that you chastised a very well respected member here about his attitude being poor and you, here on WRX all of 15 minutes, went right on with a pretty poor attitude yourself (hence the looking in the mirror pic).

What do we call that again ? You know, when you tell someone not to do something and then go and do it yourself ? Hippocrates ? No, that's not it. Hypocrat,,,,,,, democrite,,,,, something like that - can't ever remember that word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

And THAT you conveniently overlook. :rolleyes:

You want "data"? You can't HANDLE the data !!! Oops, wrong movie. Sorry. :D I already told you, the only "data" you'll get that would be useful to you is the data you yourself generate. What works for ME is pretty much irrelevant for you (and vice versa).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

And the disingenuous way that these companies market distance gain makes me extra weary of their forgiveness claims as well. I need to see/feel it myself

Did you read rawdog's article linked to earlier in the thread? Mr. Wishon has done extensive research on higher-COR irons and their superiority in the hands of those with less than perfect swings. Its pretty convincing.

And if that doesn't convince you, go hit a CF16 Apex 6 iron (which I own) and an Adams XTD Forged 6 iron (which I also own). If after that you still think they "feel" the same and one isn't way more forgiving that the other, you may want to get your nervous system checked.

Yes, I did read it, and I'm not even necessarily arguing that GI irons aren't better for high-handicappers, I'm saying that the difference is not nearly as large as the asthetic/emotional aspect. If someone thinks a GI iron will help them, there's a big chance they swing more confidently, but I also know the inverse to be true.

I'm also arguing, and it's still a valid point I think, that clubs are being designed to sell, not be more "forgiving." You can define forgiving any way you like, and if you simply want to measure it as distance on off-center hits, then fine, but that's not my definition. My definition is that a club is more forgiving if it lowers my score. These shots that are all over the face, are these all perfectly aligned, probably not, so what you get are shots that go left/right and further. At most courses I play being short on bad shots is better than being long, there are lots of bunkers/water to the left/right/back, and very few cases where they're right in front.

My scores dropped when I started using "less forgiving blades" and I'm sure other's scores may go up. But it still feels like confidence/aesthetics/feel have a lot more to do with that than improved COR.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I’ve gone full circle in my personal experience and prefer players forged iron for the feel, consistency and precision.

Went thru injuries, swing changes and equipment the last handful of years. Reversed my equipment from players segment to GI (Pings and Srixons), the technology did help in my recovery chapter.

But, when I got my form, touch and strength back, players equipment was the only route for maximizing my scoring.

Same guys arguing in these threads all the time. Why don't you guys sit out a couple plays.

Or better yet have a sleepover and talk all night.

Because a sleepover would lead to a slap fight, the slap fight would lead to a first kiss, somebody would eventually sink a putt, and then they'd have to reorganize their lives and move in together. Much more fun for them to hide behind the keyboard.

From my experience call it 7i to W there is minimal difference between blades or forgiving clubs.

However, once you get to the 165-225 range, which every strokes gained guru has said is the key spot to lowering scores, you'll find out real quick how good you are.

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.

Exactly this! Too much “I want blades but I’m not good enough” nonsense on here. Just get a 7-PW or 8-PW and then our whatever you need in the 4-6ish.

There just ISNT that much difference in 9i blade versus any other 9i in terms of difficulty to hit. In fact I’d say it’s harder to hit a big clunky 9 iron but that’s just me.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Same guys arguing in these threads all the time. Why don't you guys sit out a couple plays.

Because a sleepover would lead to a slap fight, the slap fight would lead to a first kiss, somebody would eventually sink a putt, and then they'd have to reorganize their lives and move in together. Much more fun for them to hide behind the keyboard.

You don’t have to worry about these things when you can hit nutted, orgasmic 275 yard blade 1 irons.

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

What makes you think we aren't already posting from the same house?

Hey, NSXguy, grab me a beer while you're up!

Yes, I did read it, and I'm not even necessarily arguing that GI irons aren't better for high-handicappers, I'm saying that the difference is not nearly as large as the asthetic/emotional aspect. If someone thinks a GI iron will help them, there's a big chance they swing more confidently, but I also know the inverse to be true.

I'm also arguing, and it's still a valid point I think, that clubs are being designed to sell, not be more "forgiving." You can define forgiving any way you like, and if you simply want to measure it as distance on off-center hits, then fine, but that's not my definition. My definition is that a club is more forgiving if it lowers my score. These shots that are all over the face, are these all perfectly aligned, probably not, so what you get are shots that go left/right and further. At most courses I play being short on bad shots is better than being long, there are lots of bunkers/water to the left/right/back, and very few cases where they're right in front.

My scores dropped when I started using "less forgiving blades" and I'm sure other's scores may go up. But it still feels like confidence/aesthetics/feel have a lot more to do with that than improved COR.

Oh, I totally agree with you. People do things in golf that seem insane. For some reason I hit sand shots better with a longer club, so my lob wedge is as long as my 8 iron and I just choke up for other stuff. My driver is cut really short but not re-weighted. I play 130 gram shafts in hybrids from 2008 because looking down at a triangle burner at address knowing its going straight and high regardless of lie is my favorite thing in golf. I apologize if my post was taken as "new / weaker players shouldn't play blades". I didn't mean that, and I don't believe that.

However.

There are some in this thread suggesting two things that are a bit silly to me. First, that it is irrelevant if you play blade, GI or SGI. Second, that "science" "proves" blades are superior in every respect (DeNinny's rant). It doesn't matter which one you play, but its probably good to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each, and acknowledge that they are different. They are equal, but they are not the same, nor is one superior. They are different in easy ways to quantify and understand, IMO, and the literature is pretty clear as to what each is good at - but one isn't "better".

Oh My God Slicealot get out of there.... the posts are coming... FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.

*Guy in scream mask replaces your 1 iron with a Mizzy JPX 2 hybrid*

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

1Ze80.gif

Titleist Pro V1X

I love blades

I love hitting blades

They make me happy

I enjoy golf more when I play them

That’s all

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

OP opened up a can of worms.....with a blade instead of a can opener.

It's just recreation. Play what you enjoy looking at.

i will say brother that outside of my fascination with the equipment, I have a ton of respect for this crazy game. The title was well fitted because I truly believed the realm of this game is purely dimensional. Looking at what people responded is a testament of how our experience helps shape our understanding of how we approach the game. I sold my PXG’s because I believe that I purchased a gimmick. No insult to the wonderful iron PXG is but simply I never found a distinction between PXG and the feeling I got out the Z565 irons I replaced. What can I say, I am learning still. What I do know is that the Miura irons I play with now feel pure and I am very fortunate to be able to put them in my bag.

I love blades

I love hitting blades

They make me happy

I enjoy golf more when I play them

That’s all

that is all that matters mate..

That truly is all that matters. I caddy for a guy who def shoots his best scores with his ping i200s, but loves playing with his Miura baby blades even though he clicks them around the course all day, and basically jizzes himself when he hits one solid. His joy of playing blades is more important than his score, and good for him. His buddy always tells me on baby blade days he can't lose, which has been proven to be true every time at payout. Also on baby blade days the boys bust his chops about his balls always being short and for me to get the rake. On the other end of the spectrum, the clubs champion is a legit scratch that plays ping g25s. His opponent that he mopped up in the club champ final said his bag looked second flight. We are amateurs that play for whatever reason, so play what you want. The arguments are silly at the end of the day.

I don't need to "believe" anything nor have I stated anywhere that I "believe" one thing over another. We're not taking about theoretical subjects or extraterrestrials. I'm looking for data. I don't think I'm going to find it here.

Do you need data to show that a low bounce, narrow sole, sharp leading edge blade digs more than a high bounce, wide sole, cambered sole iron on shots where the player gets steep and hits behind the ball a little? Do you need data to show that a GI long iron gets the ball up in the air higher and with less effort than a blade long iron?

So again, what kind of data are you looking for as proof that GI clubs have a useful purpose?

And for the record I can't remember any posts here where the GI guys are advocating GI irons for everyone. If anything it's the blade guys that think their clubs are universal for all players.

I already laid out what I was looking for, I don't want to do it again. There's obviously a lot of history here I'm not aware of. Some of the members of this forum have obviously got a real bee up their behind about their pet topics this is some kind of religion. I don't think I'll find the answers I'm looking for here. I'll keep searching elsewhere. Let the mocking and ridiculing continue because I'm looking for some actual data. Carry on.

I already laid out what I was looking for, I don't want to do it again. There's obviously a lot of history here I'm not aware of. Some of the members of this forum have obviously got a real bee up their behind about their pet topics this is some kind of religion. I don't think I'll find the answers I'm looking for here. I'll keep searching elsewhere. Let the mocking and ridiculing continue because I'm looking for some actual data. Carry on.

I have no idea who is trolling whom. I don't pay attention to the forum politics. I'm just looking for some hard evidence of how different club designs actually perform on course. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket and would like to spend it wisely.

https://www.google.com/search?q=testing+data+game+improvement+irons+versus+blades&oq=testing+data+game+improvement+irons+versus+blades

This is google. Its a great alternative to derisively dismissing data provided by users on a golf thread you are reading if you find that data inadequate.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I've already explained several of the technical differences between small blades and large GI clubs but what nobody can do is definitely quantify distance loss, accuracy loss, trajectory difference, etc., comparing a multitude of different club types, different swing types, impact locations on the face, turf types, etc., and arrange the data with a pretty bow on it for general consumption. There have already been test result data posted in this thread so that's the closest you are going to get. There are other articles on how to test clubs too including this one that shows that real world testing is always best... (replace the DOT) https://Not allowed because of spam(DOT)com/golf-club-testing-results-you-can-trust/

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Dude, you GIVE mocking and attitude,,,,,,,,,,, you GET mocking and attitude.

I have no idea who is trolling whom. I don't pay attention to the forum politics. I'm just looking for some hard evidence of how different club designs actually perform on course. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket and would like to spend it wisely.

https://www.google.c...s versus blades

This is google. Its a great alternative to derisively dismissing data provided by users on a golf thread you are reading if you find that data inadequate.

Here ya go Johnny P, a present from PSG. Some DATA for ya.

Google !!! Who'd a thunk it ? These youngsters come up with something new every DAY !!! :D

Titleist Pro V1X