Maltby TS2

Popeye64

Bandon was incredible. The TS-2's performed flawlessly on the firm, tight fairways. Love these clubs!

Any issue at all in your short irons? You went all TS-2 correct? I have been considering a split set with TS-1 in 8-PW. Your experience has me thinking....

All TS-2, no issues at all.

Turf interaction was perfect, spin was perfect, they flew great on the windy second day flighting it lower or launch it high. Short irons were great.

Dfinch and Popeye, I am looking to get a set of 4-PW in the TS-2 as it seems that lower handicaps have done quite well with the larger model. I play to a 6 that is much worse now more of a 10 and looking for more forgiveness. I shot my lowest round ever of 68 this summer with ping iblades after owning them for 3 rounds. Had g400 with modus 105 stiff before that. You would think I would just keep the iblades but the club ho in me could not. I have gone back to my dbm for a little bit and now back to the g400. Long winded I know but I wanted to know what you thought of the x100 in the dg 105? My miss is a pull hook and I can’t stand the ball going left. Wondering if the x100 would help with that and what your typical distances are for the 8 iron as a reference. I hit my g400 8 iron as my 156-160 club with the stiff nippon shafts. What do you both think about your respective flexes?

I have placed an order already for new grips and a tour mg 60 wedge so wanted to decide tonight to call customer service tomorrow to order a club pack with the grips I wanted but not sure s300 or x100. BTW, thanks for all the updates and detailed reviews they have been super helpful albeit difficult on the wallet!

Also, Dfinch, were you able to have them exchange the TS2 GW for a TS-1 model in the club pack build?

Bandon was incredible. The TS-2's performed flawlessly on the firm, tight fairways. Love these clubs!

Any issue at all in your short irons? You went all TS-2 correct? I have been considering a split set with TS-1 in 8-PW. Your experience has me thinking....

Turf interaction was perfect, spin was perfect, they flew great on the windy second day flighting it lower or launch it high. Short irons were great.

Dfinch and Popeye, I am looking to get a set of 4-PW in the TS-2 as it seems that lower handicaps have done quite well with the larger model. I play to a 6 that is much worse now more of a 10 and looking for more forgiveness. I shot my lowest round ever of 68 this summer with ping iblades after owning them for 3 rounds. Had g400 with modus 105 stiff before that. You would think I would just keep the iblades but the club ho in me could not. I have gone back to my dbm for a little bit and now back to the g400. Long winded I know but I wanted to know what you thought of the x100 in the dg 105? My miss is a pull hook and I can’t stand the ball going left. Wondering if the x100 would help with that and what your typical distances are for the 8 iron as a reference. I hit my g400 8 iron as my 156-160 club with the stiff nippon shafts. What do you both think about your respective flexes?

I have placed an order already for new grips and a tour mg 60 wedge so wanted to decide tonight to call customer service tomorrow to order a club pack with the grips I wanted but not sure s300 or x100. BTW, thanks for all the updates and detailed reviews they have been super helpful albeit difficult on the wallet!

Popeye is longer than I am and plays the S300 version. I went with the X100 and it feels just as smooth as my standard weight S300's. I hit 8-iron 150 and by swing speed alone should be playing the S300 (88 mph 7-iron / 105mph driver), but I hate hate hate missing left and I'm a high ball/high spin player so I wanted all the anti-left, lower flight I could get in the shaft. It feels super smooth and I've been flag hunting like crazy with them.

I'd say go X100.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Popeye is longer than I am and plays the S300 version. I went with the X100 and it feels just as smooth as my standard weight S300's. I hit 8-iron 150 and by swing speed alone should be playing the S300 (88 mph 7-iron / 105mph driver), but I hate hate hate missing left and I'm a high ball/high spin player so I wanted all the anti-left, lower flight I could get in the shaft. It feels super smooth and I've been flag hunting like crazy with them.

I'd say go X100.

Thanks for the reply! That is what I was thinking as well. The guys I play with think I am crazy that I don’t want to draw the ball and I envy those that slice. I would hit a left to right all day if I could. X100 it is.

And I can’t recall but where you able to sub the ts-1 GW for the ts-2 GW in the club pack? And also get the taper tip shafts?

They won’t sub the heads, so it’s all TS-2 or all TS-1 if you get the club pak. They will do tapers if you add the request in the notes when you order (I switched to tapers), along with what length and progression you want (like 38” 5-iron with 1/2” progression).

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

They won’t sub the heads, so it’s all TS-2 or all TS-1 if you get the club pak. They will do tapers if you add the request in the notes when you order (I switched to tapers), along with what length and progression you want (like 38” 5-iron with 1/2” progression).

Thanks. Can’t wait to get them. Have a trip planned to Palm Springs in February with 12 guys for our yearly winter golf trip and I am the reigning champion so have got to defend and hope these make the cut!

Thanks-- more conflicted than ever. LOL

Thanks. Can’t wait to get them. Have a trip planned to Palm Springs in February with 12 guys for our yearly winter golf trip and I am the reigning champion so have got to defend and hope these make the cut!

Since you’re used to the G400 you’ll love the TS-2 and won’t have to get used to the thick top line. People used to thin top lines can be a little shocked by the TS-2. I didn’t think about the top line a single time during my Bandon trip, so it’s a non-issue for me now.

That sole design just flat works and flushed shots feel and sound fantastic.

I was in the same boat before I pulled the trigger.

With the TS-1 you get a better looking iron (subjective) with a thinner top line. You might give up half a club in distance. You get a thinner sole that might chip better but digs more on full shots.

For me the firm, tight grass at Bandon was the trial by fire for the TS-2. It’s hard to chip from. Most people putt everything around the greens. I specifically put the short irons through their paces at the practice facility and Shorty’s corner before playing Bandon Trails and Bandon Dunes. I had absolutely no difficulty with chips or pitches with everything from 7-iron to GW. Lofted, bump and runs, skippers were all crisp and consistent.

Fwiw if you look at the top line of my CG16tour vs the TS-2 above, literally the only time Ive ever thought about the topline is when taking those pictures. Otherwise I have had no hesitation standing over the TS-2. Its beautiful.

Also - build your own TS-2i (see what I did there) hits the course tomorrow. Wish me luck and good fades!

Also - build your own TS-2i (see what I did there) hits the course tomorrow. Wish me luck and good fades!

Yeah I saw that and totally interested as well as I have a ping g400 crossover bent to 17 as my driving iron/3 wood replacement. Did you get two 4 irons or just 5 iron transitioning to the pseudo 2 iron aka 4 iron head?

I ordered a TS-2 4 iron, asked them to hand pick the lowest loft and then bend to 18*

Right now Im still playing my CG16t set 24* 4iron to PW, then at the top I have a 21* hybrid and the TS-2. Im actually going to acetone the paintfill off of the 4 on the TS-2, I’ve never considered it a 4 iron, only a 2 as it fits in my bag.

I was in the same boat before I pulled the trigger.

With the TS-1 you get a better looking iron (subjective) with a thinner top line. You might give up half a club in distance. You get a thinner sole that might chip better but digs more on full shots.

For me the firm, tight grass at Bandon was the trial by fire for the TS-2. It’s hard to chip from. Most people putt everything around the greens. I specifically put the short irons through their paces at the practice facility and Shorty’s corner before playing Bandon Trails and Bandon Dunes. I had absolutely no difficulty with chips or pitches with everything from 7-iron to GW. Lofted, bump and runs, skippers were all crisp and consistent.

Thanks-- because of the distances, do you play the GW more like a regular PW? My 50 degree Adams CB-3 I will play from 115-- and also chip around the green when I want a lower ball flight than my 54.

I have been to Bandon three times. Those are TIGHT chipping courses. Pacific Dunes especially. THank you for your input..

Stock GW is 110 for me and it's probably second behind my 54 for chips around hte green, so sounds like we're similar.

It is going to be very very hard for someone to convince me to put anything but TS-2 in the bag when I replace my irons in a year or so.

Played 18 in a stiff wind today and played mostly 2i off the tee. What a club. 'It just wants to go straight' couldn't be truer.

It's really hard to describe how happy I am with the club. Off the tee, off the turf. It's incredible. Everything said in the thread is true. I'm a believer!!!

I finalized my bag and ended up going TS-1/TS-2 combo. I have a 7 iron TS-2 in both a Modus 105 and 120. I'll sell cheap if anyone wants to test. Both only have indoor range balls hit, so new condition.

Where did you break your set? Possibly interested in the test iron.. Really would just want the head as I have some Recoils waiting patiently for me to decide on the TS-1/TS-2.

The other day in the Simulator I had the best round ever though it was up and down of sorts. It was a Koala Lumpur course and it was for skins. I had to play all 18 to make up for the previous week as I was at sea. I was -5 after 8 with 5 straight birdies. I thought I had a few skins till I was informed that unless it was an eagle it wouldnt count as other were getting strokes. I was not a happy camper as the score though it looked great didnt amount to ANYTHING.... So I figured I really needed to start pressing and the driver started to get me in trouble. 5 straight bogeys. I finished at -2 and had I not been so deflated mid round it could have been something epic. Not sure how many of you guys play rounds in a sim but it's not the easiest thing to score on. These irons are really something special. They let me play a very intuitive round where I'm not thinking about the club in any way. I purely just concentrate on distance. For me to not only get to -5 but then to even recover to a -2 is unheard of in a Sim for me. This is also at the mercy of the computer to decide putting strokes. Its infuriating to 2 putt at 5.5 feet when you are looking at an eagle.

I had no skins but I did cover up someone else's eagle on the back side. He walked in after my round expecting a solid payday as I was the last player... Boy was he pissed!!!

I finalized my bag and ended up going TS-1/TS-2 combo. I have a 7 iron TS-2 in both a Modus 105 and 120. I'll sell cheap if anyone wants to test. Both only have indoor range balls hit, so new condition.

Where did you break your set? Possibly interested in the test iron.. Really would just want the head as I have some Recoils waiting patiently for me to decide on the TS-1/TS-2.

I went 4 and 5 in the TS-2 and 6-GW in TS-1. I can pull the heads if needed.

Hey, I've been following this thread, plus this is my first post ever on this site!

I bought a TS-2 in an 8 iron and a MMB-17 in a 6 iron (which would really be a TS-2 7 Iron) and stuck em in TT Score LT shafts in Stiff+. Anyway, went to the simulator and had good results. I think the TS-2 required some getting used to, but the MMB-17 was just intuitive. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's swingweighting, or the perfect combo with how I trimmed the shafts but it was just the best overall feeling club I've ever held.

Anyway, results on the simulator were very good for both irons. The best of the TS-2 got me 180+ and the best of the MMB-17 got me 210 plus (extra loft plus an half inch longer that a standard 7). I Currently game Mizuno 919 Hot Metal and get about 185 with the 7 iron. So these are good numbers.

They're both outstanding looking clubs, though, I'm in love with the MMB-17 and its throwback simplistic look (Besides for its smoothness) in a slightly larger profile. The TS-2 felt more muted to me (probably because of the polymer) but were still a bit softer and better feeling than my non-forged built for distance Mizuno's.

I'm gonna put these in the bag in place of their respective irons and report back after a round.

Hey, I've been following this thread, plus this is my first post ever on this site!

I bought a TS-2 in an 8 iron and a MMB-17 in a 6 iron (which would really be a TS-2 7 Iron) and stuck em in TT Score LT shafts in Stiff+. Anyway, went to the simulator and had good results. I think the TS-2 required some getting used to, but the MMB-17 was just intuitive. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's swingweighting, or the perfect combo with how I trimmed the shafts but it was just the best overall feeling club I've ever held.

Anyway, results on the simulator were very good for both irons. The best of the TS-2 got me 180+ and the best of the MMB-17 got me 210 plus (extra loft plus an half inch longer that a standard 7). I Currently game Mizuno 919 Hot Metal and get about 185 with the 7 iron. So these are good numbers.

They're both outstanding looking clubs, though, I'm in love with the MMB-17 and its throwback simplistic look (Besides for its smoothness) in a slightly larger profile. The TS-2 felt more muted to me (probably because of the polymer) but were still a bit softer and better feeling than my non-forged built for distance Mizuno's.

I'm gonna put these in the bag in place of their respective irons and report back after a round.

Welcome to the forum. The MMB-17 is a special club that has become a timeless design. It's been tweaked a few times but nothing major over it's long lifespan. Feel wise you just wont get the same result from the TS line. Saying it's slightly muted from the MMB is a good reference.

The forgiving design of the MMB let's you get away with shots that other blades would kill you on.

It will be interesting seeing how they do after you give them some time in the bag. I still have two sets of the MMBs one in the 17 and one in the Blacks.

I found the TS-2 to really shine out in the turf.

What have you made so far of the Score shafts? What did you tip them to for stiff +?

Therty.... the score shafts are the real deal. They are inexpensive but far from cheap. A huge lot was made for an OEM and for some reason they didnt use them. Golfworks scooped them up and I believe they continue to have them made. It's an excellent shaft with great feel. They hold up to some serious swing speeds as well.

The torrid pace on the simulator continues.

I was complaining about getting killed by guys getting strokes so he went back over my old sim scores and came up with a 4 handicap for 18.

Played better ball without a partner at Yellowstone. Massive elevation changes on a lot of the holes. The set of irons are split at the 7. But I retained the TS-2 GW. I was bombing the flag all day and got robbed on a couple of 5 foot putts again but posted a 65, net 61 with a double and 2 bogeys. I'm not sure I will be getting strokes next week.

The stars of the bag have the be the TS-2 5 and 6 iron. I was tearing up the par 5s with those. I hit a tiny fade with them and they take one big hop and stop.

Going really low on the sim the first time I just thought it was a one time thing. The last three rounds were -4, -2 with 5 bogeys, and a -7 with a double and 2 bogeys. I stunned guys today with this round. They all were looking in my bag and asking about the irons.

I know I really talk up these irons but past scores left me with a 4 cap with my previous gamers. These irons are truly legit in every way. 95f040f82c975adcf4b8a1324303b296.jpg

What have you made so far of the Score shafts? What did you tip them to for stiff +?