Maltby TS2

Popeye64

Pleased to announce the order has been placed: TS-2s with the Kuro Kage.

Recent swing changes have brought about increased distance, so these are a little bit of a gift to myself for my hard work.

As a range rat, I really like the graphite. And, I'm not getting younger so the lighter shaft isn't going to hurt.

I don't think we've had a lot of reviews with the graphite, so I'll make sure to chime in with my experience with these. My current gamers are DBM with a "blank" graphite shaft that Golfworks once bought in bulk, and has played to a firm (R/S) flex. I'm excited to see how much distance will come from the polymer-filled hollow heads versus the lofts.

6hdcp, 108mph ss. Wondering if the Score LT shaft would be a good fit for the TS-1. I hit it fairly high as is but love the 115g shaft. DG is too heavy. Anyone have any experience with them in the TS-1? Willing to go 120g but don't want the Kbs price. Thanks.
I had the Score LT in the 6 iron TS-2 head and it performed very well. My SS is very close to yours and flirt in the not quite S, not quite X flex zone. I cut the shaft as a S and it more than held up to my swing. Felt great and I had good control. I decided to not build a full set as I love the 105 weight class. Tough to not chose the Score LT with its price being such a steal.

6hdcp, 108mph ss. Wondering if the Score LT shaft would be a good fit for the TS-1. I hit it fairly high as is but love the 115g shaft. DG is too heavy. Anyone have any experience with them in the TS-1? Willing to go 120g but don't want the Kbs price. Thanks.
I had the Score LT in the 6 iron TS-2 head and it performed very well. My SS is very close to yours and flirt in the not quite S, not quite X flex zone. I cut the shaft as a S and it more than held up to my swing. Felt great and I had good control. I decided to not build a full set as I love the 105 weight class. Tough to not chose the Score LT with its price being such a steal.

Thank you Popeye. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Cheers!

The price for the full set with the Score LT, plus the fact that you can trim them to make them stiffer and it is a True Temper shaft, makes it a hard deal to pass up. The 115g weight class is also attractive. Lighter than standard DG but still enough weight to maintain tempo.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but my demo 8i that I ordered 2* flat, ends up being 64*. I had the local shop check as I tended to pull on course and had a hard time playing any sort of shot to the right. Now I know why. I also had my PTM 8i checked which is stock (no bending) and it was also 64*. I prefer to have them bent straight from the source, that way they take on the risk if they break. PSA, have them checked!

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but my demo 8i that I ordered 2* flat, ends up being 64*. I had the local shop check as I tended to pull on course and had a hard time playing any sort of shot to the right. Now I know why. I also had my PTM 8i checked which is stock (no bending) and it was also 64*. I prefer to have them bent straight from the source, that way they take on the risk if they break. PSA, have them checked!
I would call customer service. That usually does not happen. They should make it right for you.

Same thing here. Prices are now $72 a head, almost $850 for a set. Refreshed browser and cleared history/cookies.

Make sure you aren't on the Canada site. I was looking at some other stuff and the prices had jumped. I looked and realized for some reason the site switched to the Golfworks Canada site for no reason.

I'm in Canada, and for a couple of weeks the heads were $10 off. It was a Boxing week promo. Now theyre back to the regular $72 a head. I'm still ordering a couple at a time in case the price goes down.

For those using ts2 irons, how have found the consistency on dispersion?

Experiencing any flyers as is the case on others irons of this ilk?

I have not seen these produce flyers in any way. With a consistent swing these have proven to be the best iron I have ever played. Distance control is spot on. I do my share of testing in a simulator and what stands out with these has been the consistency with the spin.

I dont even know if I would consider this a distance iron. Sure its strongly lofted but all the tech that's built into it has shown it to be extremely accurate.

I might also ad that some of the 'flyers' that high handicappers complain about is actually a fantastic swing on a ball that comes out too few and far between. Resulting in a ball that goes a lot further than normal for that golfer. I see it all the time during Simulator lessons.

Looks like the the ts2 would fit the bill for what I’m looking for ( GI distance head with forge fell) and I could make them myself! BUT, no left hand model !! Any rumors of Maltby changing that?

Very attractive head by the pictures. How do they perform compared to the Mizuno forge or HM heads?

It doesn't appear that they will offer the LH. I'd recommend the Cleveland CBX iron set for LH looking for a similar option.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Yesterday I was doing some head to head of 6 iron TS-2 with the Paderson Kinetixs shafts vs the DG105 S300. I knew the Paderson was longer but I wanted to see how it was for dispersion. It sort of turned into a how long can I get this to go session so my initial thoughts went out the window. As it seems the Paderson is over a half club longer. It has better feel as well but I'm not sure I need any more length with this set. I will shaft a 7 iron with the Paderson and see how that does. The Padersons are fairly expensive for my tastes but I do like how the feel. They load up well and have a wicked release. e40c0c99ca0b875f0225061375922435.jpg7233c3a11ddfb3554c85d45d98eb749f.jpg

I have not seen these produce flyers in any way. With a consistent swing these have proven to be the best iron I have ever played. Distance control is spot on. I do my share of testing in a simulator and what stands out with these has been the consistency with the spin.

I dont even know if I would consider this a distance iron. Sure its strongly lofted but all the tech that's built into it has shown it to be extremely accurate.

I might also ad that some of the 'flyers' that high handicappers complain about is actually a fantastic swing on a ball that comes out too few and far between. Resulting in a ball that goes a lot further than normal for that golfer. I see it all the time during Simulator lessons.

Thanks for the feedback, and all understood.

I have a set of the ts2 and my first few sessions have been all over the place, but also attempting a swing change as well, which of course doesn’t help :)

Hoping to get out on course over the weekend.

Zero distance inconsistencies or hot shots, which I cannot say for other "spring face" designs I've tried in the past.

These are extremely consistent across the face.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I really hope Maltby will release these in the DBM finish. Holding off buying the PTM heads in hopes these will come in black soon.
That question was asked on the golfworks forum and all they stated was they were looking into it but have no plans to bring one out at this time. So basically dont hold your breath, but dont be shocked it one day they pop up.

I really hope Maltby will release these in the DBM finish. Holding off buying the PTM heads in hopes these will come in black soon.

The PTM model DOES have the option for the DBM finish.

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ptm-black-forged-iron-heads/p/ma0286s/

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I need the capability to bend the hosel for lie adjustments. DBM finish is a non-starter.

Only have had two dome sessions with the TS-1's. Limited sample size and observation of ball flights, and off mats. Best I've got for the time being. They are all that I had hoped them to be. Very easy to swing with graphite, a nice feel off the clubface. Noting a certain "pop" on flushed strikes. Wouldn't call it "hot" by any stretch, as that denotes inconsistencies. Hard to describe, but the ball just takes off with a good strike. Plus still giving me some feedback when I do not hit the ball solid. Not as erudite as Popeye and Dfinch in describing nuances of performance.

Cannot determine much about trajectory or distance while being limited to 115 yards to the back of the dome. But with PW in hand, observing a high ball flight but carrying to the back of the dome. Something that I wasn't achieving (distance-wise) with the i20's in hand. And the 6 iron takes off like a missile. Observed dispersion had been satisfactory so far. As I've mentioned, I'm an older golfer. I do not use irons below a 6. Even the 6 iron prior was iffy and inconsistent at times. But I'm hitting TS-1 so well, thinking I may go ahead and shaft up the 5 iron I have on hand. (Note, I bought 4 - GW heads, slightly used, off of eBay. Have the others on hand but not shafted.) NTM, I've a couple others stop and ask, "What are those?" They look stellar in the bag.

Can hardly wait to hit these off of grass in a couple of months. Hoping the soles will provide the same level of turf interaction as been reported with the TS-2's. The shape looks to be quite similar. Anyhow, I'm fully committed to playing the Maltby's this season. I've sold off the Pings. No turning back.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

The TS-1/2’s have a forged body. Would they be any more difficult to adjust than other forged heads? That usually bend quite easily. Have an experienced club man, he’s seen these, was told no problem. Not to exceed 2* per GW. Which is in line with my typical spec. Am I missing something? Head me off if there’s a reason for only having GW perform the work (beyond the breakage point you raised).

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

The TS-1/2s have a forged body. Would they be any more difficult to adjust than other forged heads? That usually bend quite easily. Have an experienced club man, hes seen these, was told no problem. Not to exceed 2* per GW. Which is in line with my typical spec. Am I missing something? Head me off if theres a reason for only having GW perform the work (beyond the breakage point you raised).
They will bend just as easily as any chromed forged club. I didnt know you had someone local. They are easy to work with. I have bent both versions already.

The TS-1/2’s have a forged body. Would they be any more difficult to adjust than other forged heads? That usually bend quite easily. Have an experienced club man, he’s seen these, was told no problem. Not to exceed 2* per GW. Which is in line with my typical spec. Am I missing something? Head me off if there’s a reason for only having GW perform the work (beyond the breakage point you raised).
They will bend just as easily as any chromed forged club. I didnt know you had someone local. They are easy to work with. I have bent both versions already.

Pulled the trigger on the start of my build. Ordered the #5 and #9. TS-2 in #5, TS-1 in 9. Going to see how I want to make the break on a combo set. Glad to know they bend easy as I may customize if I get a gap in the break between the two models.

Pleased to announce the order has been placed: TS-2s with the Kuro Kage.

Recent swing changes have brought about increased distance, so these are a little bit of a gift to myself for my hard work.

As a range rat, I really like the graphite. And, I'm not getting younger so the lighter shaft isn't going to hurt.

I don't think we've had a lot of reviews with the graphite, so I'll make sure to chime in with my experience with these. My current gamers are DBM with a "blank" graphite shaft that Golfworks once bought in bulk, and has played to a firm (R/S) flex. I'm excited to see how much distance will come from the polymer-filled hollow heads versus the lofts.

Very interested in hearing how you like this combo. Did you order the clubs in regular or stiff? What’s your swing speed or distances? Asking because I’m in between R and S. 7 iron is around 150-155 with a 712 AP1.

I just read through the entire thread. I’m back to wanting a set, but now I’m thinking TS2’s...

I’m also thinking, with the lofts of the TS2’s, I probably wouldn’t need more than a 6 iron. It’s about the same loft as my AP1 5 iron!

I shot 93 on a relatively easy coarse. The greens were like playing a shot into the parking lot. Balls would bounce 15 to 20 foot in the air. Leave it sort and it would run through the green. Chip and the first bounce shot forward like it was out of a cannon. About 5 holes left to go things softened enough to be sort of normal but the damage was done. Still has the odd green that wouldnt hold anything. I was so out of sorts that putting seemed like was using a putter for the first time in my life. Simply brutal.

So little if anything was learned about the irons.

We have a couple greens at my home club that are like that during the winter. The sun never gets to them to thaw them out so its like hitting into concrete. We just take our medicine on those and move on. As far as strike goes, do you see much difference between the 1 & 2? I only have the 1 in GW, so its hard to tell. The performance in general for both is phenomenal. I've hit some incredible iron shots off a whole slew of terrible winter lies and just watch the ball in awe.

2024 Bag

Cobra KING LTDx (9*) - MCA Tensei RAW White 6S

Cobra Radspeed 3W (13*) - MCA Kai'li White 7S

TM Stealth Plus 5W (19*) - Project X Hzrdus RDX Red 75S 

Cobra KING Tour MIM (4-G) - KBS C-Taper 120S

Sub 70 JB Forged FF (54,60L) - KBS S-Taper 120S

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7S

We have a couple greens at my home club that are like that during the winter. The sun never gets to them to thaw them out so its like hitting into concrete. We just take our medicine on those and move on. As far as strike goes, do you see much difference between the 1 & 2? I only have the 1 in GW, so its hard to tell. The performance in general for both is phenomenal. I've hit some incredible iron shots off a whole slew of terrible winter lies and just watch the ball in awe.
Honestly it was such a mental struggle on what type of shot to hit that I couldn't say how they did. I had a lot of shots with the TS-2 GW and the full shots were things of beauty that rocketed off the green in equally awesome fashion. The TS-2 5 iron was hit a few times and did very well. But anytime distances that required the TS-1 clubs I was either trying to land short or finesse something in... so I had no confidence in what I was doing.

Two pros I played with both shot 78 and they were shaking their heads all day long.

Hopefully I can get some decent weather to wring them out before too long. Today was an all day struggle in every way.