Drones on the Golf Course

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, some people get really unhinged by such little things. The drone was near by for what? 10 minutes, out of a 240 minute round of golf? And we have those that will shoot it down with a shotgun, throw clubs at it, destroy it at all costs and on and on. Really? 10 minutes and it pisses you off that much? That's less then 5% of the time you played.

Β 

I hope you guys don't deal with the public on a daily basis, we'd see dead people!

Β 

If your primary point is the amount of time played, amount of time the drone was following, and % of the round it was present, you should at least get the numbers right.

so that's the rule, if it takes less than 5% of the time you're out on the course, you shouldn't be bothered by it? Hmmm, I could probably do a lot of damage in 5 minutes time if I wanted to.

Β 

That's not really the point I as trying to make. We have a lot of people looking to shoot it down, destroy it, etc. All for something that was a bit noisy and maybe even bothered someone for all of about 10 minutes. I just can't believe that people get all upset after 10 minutes. Even if I paid $200 for that round I don't see me getting that bent out of shape over a drone making some noise while I played hole.

Β 

Was the guy flying the drone disrespectful? Yes. Should the drone be there on the course? Nope. But it was one time, for 10 minutes. If wasn't like it followed anyone for an hour or disrupted their game. I guess I'm just old enough and retired I really don't let sh*t like that bother me.

Β 

Have you ever been around a drone hovering 15 to 20 feet above you?

Β 

I was about 40 feet away from a drone that was shooting some promotional video for our course.

Β 

It was very noisy.

Β 

So for a drone to hang around for 5 minutes would be extremely annoying.

Maybe I'm posting too late for this topic but I am a commercial drone operator with full faa license if someone is flying a Drone over you without written permission they are breaking the law NO ONE is allowed to fly a drone above persons, vehicles or private property, without written permission to all persons involved in the filming and yes you can press charges for endangerment. If you shoot the Drone down you can face federal charges of firing at a commercial aircraft so your best bet is to report this to the authorities

Β 

what law is that?

We had a course drone at the country club I worked at a few years ago. The superintendent would fly it around from the maintenance shop to scare off geese and check things out from time to time. Really handy when you can't drive on the course during frost but want to check something out.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"

I would recommend a decent hunting rifle or shotgun for the lower flying variety.

Β 

As my old platoon sgt use to say, β€œdo what you can afford”.

Β 

Maybe I'm posting too late for this topic but I am a commercial drone operator with full faa license if someone is flying a Drone over you without written permission they are breaking the law NO ONE is allowed to fly a drone above persons, vehicles or private property, without written permission to all persons involved in the filming and yes you can press charges for endangerment. If you shoot the Drone down you can face federal charges of firing at a commercial aircraft so your best bet is to report this to the authorities

Β 

what law is that?

Β 

Bs law

Β 

what law is that?

Β 

Β 

He's contradicting himself. If it's illegal to fly over people without their consent, obviously for safety reasons, it's completely reasonable for that person to eliminate the safety threat being posed by grounding the drone. They may use whatever safe and reasonable means are required to stop it and eliminate the threat.

Β 

Now, if you fire a shotgun in the air, that's also endangering and probably illegal in most jurisdictions. However, if you threw a club at it to ground it, that would be a reasonable act ensuring your own safety. The very fact that you could reach it with a club would even confirm it's proximity.

Β 

So good luck with your FAA defense, it won't work. There's no endangered pilot. The drone is solely causing the safety issue, not the victim(s).

Great target shooting opportunity, lol...

Β 

C'mon!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-WΒ 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star TourΒ 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
β€œCheck your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

He's contradicting himself. If it's illegal to fly over people without their consent, obviously for safety reasons, it's completely reasonable for that person to eliminate the safety threat being posed by grounding the drone. They may use whatever safe and reasonable means are required to stop it and eliminate the threat.

No contradictions here . look its very simple Vigilanty justice is not recognized as a response to any illegal activity in any court of law. if you stop the drone operators actions within the law then you have no problems but, shooting at or launching a projectile at a drone is Illegal ( very easy to google ) This action will cause you to lose your case. even if he is committing an illegal act its not your right too break the law to prevent it. do you really believe for instance that road rage is legal. So if someone cuts in front of you Do you think you have the right to force him over and beat him up. Lets say I snatch your purse and you shoot me in the back do you believe the judge won't send you to prison because I broke the Law first. Not trying to be dramatic but under the law these examples are all the same. Downing the drone with your club is neither safe or reasonable the drone could fall out of the sky, injuring persons or property and if you caused the drone to crash YOU are responsible not the drone operator.

No contradictions here . look its very simple Vigilanty justice is not recognized as a response to any illegal activity in any court of law. if you stop the drone operators actions within the law then you have no problems but, shooting at or launching a projectile at a drone is Illegal ( very easy to google ) This action will cause you to lose your case. even if he is committing an illegal act its not your right too break the law to prevent it. do you really believe for instance that road rage is legal. So if someone cuts in front of you Do you think you have the right to force him over and beat him up. Lets say I snatch your purse and you shoot me in the back do you believe the judge won't send you to prison because I broke the Law first. Not trying to be dramatic but under the law these examples are all the same. Downing the drone with your club is neither safe or reasonable the drone could fall out of the sky, injuring persons or property and if you caused the drone to crash YOU are responsible not the drone operator.

Β 

Catch a breather, lol....Nobody is shooting anything, lol.....Boy, I hope you are coming here to relax and not stress out, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-WΒ 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star TourΒ 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
β€œCheck your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Shooting guns into the air to take down drones sounds like a fantastic idea.

Β 

Bullets fired into the air at an angle are dangerous, and will come back down to earth with less velocity but enough to injure or kill bystanders.

Β 

Not sure what the laws on shooting down a drone are, but I think the laws on a stray bullet hitting someone in the neck and killing them are a bit more straightforward

Β 

What a coincidence, I just had a friend of mine tell me how her step mom in Oklahoma was hit in the back by a stray bullet from neighbors shooting into the air. Thankfully it had lost pretty much all of it's velocity but it still somehow broke the skin and lodged itself underneath. She was fine and didn't even need stitches. Doctors said based on where it hit her in the spine, if it had velocity, it most likely would have severed her spinal cord. Very dangerous stuff.

]

Β 

the best in our society play with guns in their back yards....shooting in the air and gulping down beer around the barbie

Titleist TSR4Β /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra LtdΒ 3Β Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5Β Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TIΒ  22Β Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xpΒ 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58Β 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B