2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

For the Kent01putt dinner/living wake at Pinehurst, let's each bring one fast food item each for the feast. I think I can safely put down CJ for some Gold Rush Chicken Sammiches, and I'll bring a bucket of Popeye's Extra Crispy.

You're killing me, smalls! You get an F for your Popeyes vernacular. They have spicy and mild and you better not bring any mild with you.

Extra crispy and original recipe are words used by the other, inferior, disgusting fried chicken joint.

The local other, inferior, disgusting fried chicken joint in my area shares space with a Taco Bell. (Eastern Shore Ya'll!)

What's the problem? Go to KFC and get some boneless fried chicken tenders. Go to Taco Bell and get two crunch wrap supremes. Make a delicious chicken sandwich with the crunchwraps as your bread.

Now to drive a wedge between high-profile thread DINKs.

Hey, CJ - did you know that Domes hates Roy Rogers? I tried to put him on Roys, specifically the Gold Rush, and he rebuked me pretty aggressively.

I was going to leave this alone because I'm trying to do a better job of not interjecting myself into every thread topic.

But, yeah I tried Roy Rodgers last year and got the gold rush sandwich after you word not alloweds kept talking about how good it is. I went in with an open mind. It was the worst chicken sandwich at a fast food chain I've had. Then I got cancer. YOU figure it out.

Hey, CJ - did you know that Domes hates Roy Rogers? I tried to put him on Roys, specifically the Gold Rush, and he rebuked me pretty aggressively.

Well. I guess that just means more Gold Rush Chicken Sammiches and Double R Bar Burgers for you and me.

The only wedge that could possibly get between me and my boy Domes is probably some wedge fries. That we would share.

But, yeah I tried Roy Rodgers last year and got the gold rush sandwich after you word not alloweds kept talking about how good it is. I went in with an open mind. It was the worst chicken sandwich at a fast food chain I've had. Then I got cancer. YOU figure it out.

The gold rush chicken sammich was well worth the cancer it gave me. I think it made me immune to a few other diseases, so in the end it is probably a wash.

I'd still like an explanation of how he hit a ball that was teed up 15 feet behind him according to that tracer.

App doesn’t always work perfectly. If you scroll down enough on my IG you can see the video the screen shot was pulled from. It saw the shot as a HIGHER booming drawing PW than it actually was.

As I roll through Virginia on Rt 58 to Pinehurst, I will be going by a food chain that is rarely mentioned here: Stuckey's. So if anyone needs any Pecan log rolls, Boiled Peanuts, Virginia Baked Hams, or fireworks, I'm your man.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

I was going to leave this alone because I'm trying to do a better job of not interjecting myself into every thread topic.

This would have made a great review on Yelp, and probably would have gotten you the obligatory "We're sorry about your experience" response along with an offer for a free 2 piece chicken.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

dunno how many of you have read 'watership down' but it was my favorite adolescent book growing up. i'm telling my son the story from memory (botching most of it, but some nuggets in there). the 80s british made-for-tv movie was horrifying, hope he never sees that.

netflix is releasing 'watership down' as a limited series this december. we will watch it together, and he's probably going to be very critical of my yarn-telling OR surprise the hell outta me and say he likes my version better. mine has transformers in it, so we'll see.

also of note: 'black mirror' is supposed to be coming out on the 28th.

t3k86a7nbjz11.png

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

dunno how many of you have read 'watership down' but it was my favorite adolescent book growing up. i'm telling my son the story from memory (botching most of it, but some nuggets in there). the 80s british made-for-tv movie was horrifying, hope he never sees that.

netflix is releasing 'watership down' as a limited series this december. we will watch it together, and he's probably going to be very critical of my yarn-telling OR surprise the hell outta me and say he likes my version better. mine has transformers in it, so we'll see.

t3k86a7nbjz11.png

John Adams classic. Curious as to how graphic they will make the scene were the one rabbit decapitates the other... with his teeth. If I was reading to Millie, that's where the transformers would come in and save that rabbit.

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

t3k86a7nbjz11.png

Planning on what to watch in your office at Woodmore I see...

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I played Woodmore with TBC, c.free, and eagle yesterday. Hit 60% shanks on the range, a shank on my second shot on #1, then that was it. Made somewhat decent contact the rest of the day. Made one birdie on a par 5.

The g400 I ordered showed up with a LST head, not a regular head. 827 must have switched it when he was taking CSPC's in the warehouse. I sent it back. I moved the weight from all the way forward in the Cobra to all the way back and liked it. I hit some really good (on purpose) fades, and the not on purpose fades were still fine. I'm going to roll with that setting for a while. I don't need to make any adjustments to my game other than getting back into shape.

Best line of the day was unsurprisingly from C.free.

Don't blame me for shipper screw ups.

Who wants to talk about their golf game and receive detailed analyses from the peanut gallery today?

MY golf game= donkey.

What I should work on: Short Game, Putting, staying inside my actual ability, getting off the tee in decent shape... OH! and get a lesson.

What I'll likely do: Buy irons, not practice at all (including no Cream Soda Bedtime Cuts), tee up and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLICE one into the trees at the Vernal.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I haven’t had a gold rush sammich in forever. I don’t remember how great it was, I’m assuming it was great. But I think the best part of Roy’s is the fact that you can make any burger a double for like $2 more. Grab a Double Double R Bar Burger with a Holster and I’ll worry about the calorie guilt later, if at all. It’s worth it!

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

What I should work on: Short Game, Putting, staying inside my actual ability, getting off the tee in decent shape... OH! and get a lesson.

You get off the tee and putt as well as most people that are 10 strokes below your handicap. And you probably make more pars and birdies than anyone at your handicap. You do have some blowup holes that start from the tee, but I'd wager a far higher percentage come from greenside. You'd drop significant strokes if you could just average getting down in 3 (chip on, two putt) from easy locations. I mean this in a good way, but I could see you playing some great old man golf with a nearly exact swing to what you have now. You hit it pretty straight most of the time, but not super far. Your miss is usually a chunk but not a big slice or hook. So hit it in play, get it near the green, chip on, and two putt. You're always talking about breaking 100, but I don't think it would take huge improvement for you to be a threat to break 90 from the right tees. That will take some tee game improvement, and some putting improvement, but I bet it's 15% tee, 15% putting, 70% wedge game and basic chips.

I haven’t had a gold rush sammich in forever. I don’t remember how great it was, I’m assuming it was great. But I think the best part of Roy’s is the fact that you can make any burger a double for like $2 more. Grab a Double Double R Bar Burger with a Holster and I’ll worry about the calorie guilt later, if at all. It’s worth it!
love the double R.