2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I hadn't played Queenstown Lakes in a few years and was really looking forward to our club tournament there on Saturday. Weather was pretty nice after some showers on Friday night and some sprinkles on the first tee. The course was in great shape other than a few of the the tee boxes that had a lot of wear. Smooth, speedy greens were a challenge to gauge after playing at UMD 2 days prior. Off the tee I was consistent and felt comfortable. Shots into the green not so much. Seemingly 5 yards short everytime. As a short hitter I am used to chipping a lot but never got my touch in gear. Lots of lost shots. Once on the green no complaints with my putting, could always be better and sometimes worse.

A guy in our group on 9 tee, water down the right side about 100 yards, hits a low burner that smacked a blue Heron which dropped like a sack of potatoes. You couldn't do that if you tried with a bucket of balls. We all felt pretty bad about the bird since they are pretty elegant and fun to watch hunt. The guy who hit it felt particularly bad and we drove up to check it out. Not pretty. As we approach the green, someone from the course is nearby and we begin to tell him what happened. As we turn to point out where the bird is we look back and the bird stands up and takes a couple of steps. Our jaws all drop in amazement. The guy from the course looks at us like we are crazy. One of the players in the next group hits a pop up off of the tee and it lands 15 yards from the Heron. When he went to his ball he noticed all of the blood and figured a snapping turtle or something went after the bird. Unbelievable that the bird was alive but it was last seen standing in the water.

Hitting 10 year old ping g25.

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @Mizzy45 said:

> > So, what is the Best hybrid in the last 3 years? Looking for more “pop”. WhT are your thoughts?

>

> Cobra f6. Definitely the correct answer to this question.

>

> Seriously, no new hybrid is going to give you more pop. They're not changing the technology. What are you hitting now? What are you trying to get out of it? My hybrid is a 205-215 club. If I want more pop, I hit 4W.

> @Mizzy45 said:

> Hitting 10 year old ping g25.

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @Mizzy45 said:

> > > So, what is the Best hybrid in the last 3 years? Looking for more “pop”. WhT are your thoughts?

> >

> > Cobra f6. Definitely the correct answer to this question.

> >

> > Seriously, no new hybrid is going to give you more pop. They're not changing the technology. What are you hitting now? What are you trying to get out of it? My hybrid is a 205-215 club. If I want more pop, I hit 4W.

>

>

G25 is from 2013.

And, I'm hitting the DRIVER from that line.

I'm not saying don't get something new. We all like new and shiny, but I guarantee there's nothing wrong with that hybrid.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

If you want more pop, swinging harder is your best bet.

Why do you want to hit the hybrid further? What do you use it for? If you could find something that goes further, there's likely a cost to that, in the form of more difficulty keeping the ball close to where it lands, and directional control. Unless it's a driving club, like dagoose with his 2h, there's not a lot of value in finding the hottest, lowest spinning hybrid.

I mentioned this in IG chat yesterday.

I was out putting last night, and I saw this guy on the practice green that even by my standards, was so far lost in the weeds of putting.

He had one of these.

https://www.biomechgolf.com/product/acculock-ace/?v=7516fd43adaa

He was also putting with these.

https://www.pelzgolf.com/dave_pelz_golf_pro_shop/_PelzLearningAids.aspx?aid=16

He set up a string line, and a tee gate, on about a 7ft putt. He was just going to town hitting that putt over, and over, and over again. He wasn't exactly pouring them in when I was looking, either. It was hard to watch.

Anyone want to read a Sand Valley recap? I'm absolutely exhausted but can work on one tonight if people want to read it.

Anyone have thoughts on the Costco Caddy Tek with the swivel wheel? I'm a bit worried the swivel will just be a part that breaks but I don't think Costco is selling the OG Caddytek without the moving wheel.

https://www.costco.com/CaddyTek-3-wheel-Golf-Cart-with-Swivel-Front-Wheel.product.100430232.html

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

> @XHoop24 said:

> Anyone want to read a Sand Valley recap? I'm absolutely exhausted but can work on one tonight if people want to read it.

> Anyone have thoughts on the Costco Caddy Tek with the swivel wheel? I'm a bit worried the swivel will just be a part that breaks but I don't think Costco is selling the OG Caddytek without the moving wheel.

> https://www.costco.com/CaddyTek-3-wheel-Golf-Cart-with-Swivel-Front-Wheel.product.100430232.html

>

I have nothing to compare it to because I just started walking this year, but the caddytek w/ the swivel has been working just fine. Very happy with the purchase.

As far as hybrids the OG M1 2h (17 degrees and I tuned it down to 15.5) was a rocket launcher off the tee if that’s what you were looking for.

I don't know if that's sarcastic or not. I hit that one pretty dumpy. Little low heely pull slice.

The advantage of not playing much recently is that I haven't been ingraining bad habits. Played okay, and by the inside 9 I was feeling pretty good about my swing and putting. Hit one to 3 feet on 5, good layup control short of the creek on 6, dead center on 7, nuked a bit long on 8, and bombed my best drive of the day on 9 to close it. I was working on getting my hands/arms more away from my body on the downswing. Think I've been getting them down in an attempt to come from the inside, but it's overdone and I just get stuck immediately.

It was sarcastic.

I know you're hitting the ball better in general. Just that impact position doens't look much different.

Aside : guy from work just gave me a spin in his newish Tesla 3. Very cool car. It drives nice. It just pulls off the block and feels legit like you're braking by just taking your foot off the pedal. . .I'd say about to the extent of my TDI when I "lifted" in 1st gear. Feels like a ton of engine compression. He's learned to just feather the gas pedal to control all that braking. His other car is a Focus RT or whatever the "fast" one is and he said he likes driving the Tesla better.

He has solar panels on his house. I think he said he used to be energy "positive" for the year, but the Tesla will probably push him into negative territory.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

**Another Intra Club Recap:**

Huuge thanks to those organized this great event.

I teamed with Christian (new member, I mean newer member since I am a new member tooo) against CJ and Ash.

It was my first ever match style. I was reading rules and stuff repeatedly night before make sure I know what I am doing.

I was so worried about weather and praying so hard god to have some mercy. I had very stressful week at work and I really needed a good golf on Saturday.

Weather turned out perfect. Northwest hosted us with good condition.

Overall, I was hitting either super shot or horrendous shot to keep up with my handicaps. I drained 40 ft birdie putts on par 5 and needle 7 iron for CTP to 2ft on par3. Then immediately, I hooked and sliced here there to lose couple balls into trees and water.

my playing partner, Christian, was very consistent through out from tee game to putting. saved us on couple clutch holes with good lag putting. I guess that is what it takes to be low handicapper. The highlight came on hole 9 where he topped 40 yd pitch shot but rolled nicely to 6 ft. With birdie putt, we closed the match 6 to 4 then cruised to hole 18 closing 13.5 to 6.5.

Ash struggled with driver most of game. I think that because it was his parting ceremony with his old driver and separation process before his engagement with M5 low spinner. gosh, I can only imagine what it would be like when he hits that without spinning 5k with 30 degree launch angle. Ash hit pretty nice driver off deck on par 5 to almost reach in 2. I posted video on google album.

CJ was having rough day too. He had like 6-7 lip out on putts that could have won/halved matches. Then, on inside 9, he decided to putt with flag out and started draining all those putts. With Ash bombing out and CJ draining clutch putts, me and Christian was rallying by 3 points up till hole 6. Luckily, we were able to turn the tide for the rest of 3 holes and halved the match to win the game for 18.5 to 11.5.

It was great experience play golf as match game then enjoyed last 2 holes with some galleries cheers and boos.

Thanks again for great tournament.

> @TheCityGame said:

> It was sarcastic.

>

> I know you're hitting the ball better in general. Just that impact position doens't look much different.

>

> Aside : guy from work just gave me a spin in his newish Tesla 3. Very cool car. It drives nice. It just pulls off the block and feels legit like you're braking by just taking your foot off the pedal. . .I'd say about to the extent of my TDI when I "lifted" in 1st gear. Feels like a ton of engine compression. He's learned to just feather the gas pedal to control all that braking. His other car is a Focus RT or whatever the "fast" one is and he said he likes driving the Tesla better.

>

> He has solar panels on his house. I think he said he used to be energy "positive" for the year, but the Tesla will probably push him into negative territory.

Following the short seller theory on Twitter that Tesla is one big fraud of a company is one of my favorite pastimes. I'd be interested to here your guy's feedback on any service issues he's had with the vehicle.

Tesla has singlehandedly created the electric car market in my opinion, I dont know how you could consider them a fraud in the truest sense of that word. Ten years ago the Chevy Volt was really the only game in town, then the Nissan Leaf came along so maybe you had two electric cars that were barely selling. And certainly neither of those cars was moving - or creating - an entire market segment. Its a catch 22 for them though, the more they drive competitors into the space the harder its going to be for them. Every major car manufacturer - including luxury brands - are moving towards electric models. And there's no way that happens if its just the Volt/Leaf being produced.

It was interesting reading the report on fatilities with their "autopilot" engaged. It says that billions of miles have been driven with it engaged - which sounds impossible - but IIRC the per mile fatality statistic is less than without it engaged.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @dcmidnight said:

> Tesla has singlehandedly created the electric car market in my opinion, I dont know how you could consider them a fraud in the truest sense of that word. Ten years ago the Chevy Volt was really the only game in town, then the Nissan Leaf came along so maybe you had two electric cars that were barely selling. And certainly neither of those cars was moving - or creating - an entire market segment. Its a catch 22 for them though, the more they drive competitors into the space the harder its going to be for them. Every major car manufacturer - including luxury brands - are moving towards electric models. And there's no way that happens if its just the Volt/Leaf being produced.

>

> It was interesting reading the report on fatilities with their "autopilot" engaged. It says that billions of miles have been driven with it engaged - which sounds impossible - but IIRC the per mile fatality statistic is less than without it engaged.

I do recognize that Tesla has changed the industry and is a legit car company. It just seems, from a stock price perspective, that Elon and Co have issues with overstating production and demand. It seems there's unsold inventory parked all over the west coast. It's a car company traded like a technology company. Elon just said the other day Tesla's market cap should end up at 500 billion. Toyota is 150-200 billion. The hardcore auto industry pundits laugh at the build quality and service support Tesla has. The Model 3 was built outside in the elements under a tent. I could be fooled by the conspiracy theories but it's so interesting to follow along.

> @SoloShot84 said:

> CJ was having rough day too. He had like 6-7 lip out on putts that could have won/halved matches.

I seriously have some PTSD from all of those lip outs. They ranged from 30 feet to 2 feet in length. Power lip outs and horseshoes. I even had the dreaded 2 footer for a halve that had a glancing blow off the stick when it looked like it hit the middle of the hole. Only had 1 other putt do that since November in about 40 rounds. Saw Buttery have one of those a few months back, but they have been rare for sure.

In regards to putting, I am actually really encouraged. I had used the claw grip for about 5-6 seasons but just switched back to a "normal" grip. I have my right index finger extended down the shaft now, too. I've been hitting my lines much better and it feels like the ball is coming off the face much straighter. I had gotten to the point where it felt like I was hitting hook and slice putts with the claw grip, so I just wanted to try something different and the results have been trending upwards.

> @ceejay81 said: I even had the dreaded 2 footer for a halve that had a glancing blow off the stick when it looked like it hit the middle of the hole. Only had 1 other putt do that since November in about 40 rounds. Saw Buttery have one of those a few months back, but they have been rare for sure.

>

I've had this happen 3 times in 2 weeks from inside 3ft......I will no longer putt with the flag in from inside 10ft just to be safe

Thanks to all the organizers for Saturday's Intraclub Conflict II. It was a great day and lots of fun. Eric C. and I teamed up against Tyler and Mark. We lost the first 9, but came back to win the 2nd and 3rd nines. Eric was hitting driver great all day, straight, long and consistent. He was a great partner as was very relaxed and encouraging as my game started out rough on the 1st nine, but I played better on the 2nd and 3rd nines. It was fun to hang with the group afterwards and I look forward to the next event!

Tesla, in terms of stock price and valuation, is impossible to gauge for me.

Like, if a "traditional" car company had their issues and cash flow and production, and you couldn't get parts, etc etc etc. you'd go "why the h*ck is it valued like this? I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole". And that seems to be the narrative the short sellers are pushing (from what I can glean. I don't stay on top of it).

OTOH, if in 2040, would you be surprised if you looked back on 2019 and went "I can't believe I could have bought Tesla for $200. They really figured it out and now they OWN the global electric car market and run the electric infrastructure, and they've figured out how to generate AND STORE a lot of energy and Elon Musk looks like Henry Ford 2.0 and he was right in front of my eyes." Like it would have been like buying Microsoft in 1985? Would that surprise you?

So, I don't know. That's one reason why I don't like individual equities in my portfolio. But, I do like the cars. I've been in the Model S, too.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I owned some Tesla years ago. Got rid of it at a much lower price (but much higher than purchased) and haven't looked twice at it again. I think the valuation has all the upside built in, without much of the downside. I've been ranting about this to random people recently, but I can't get behind investing in a company that is losing hundreds of millions of dollars. Losing money is fine until you reach some size, but when you are a big company you should make money. Tesla is a big company now. Uber and Lyft are the big two recently. I might be missing out bigly by not investing, but they might also all be bankrupt in 2 years. I can see how Tesla might make money in the near future, but if they miss a few targets they could be done for.

I generally don't buy and sell stocks much though. I typically hold 1 or 2 at a time, as a small percentage of my overall retirement savings. I can't keep track of the performance of more companies than that. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

> @TheCityGame said:

> Tesla, in terms of stock price and valuation, is impossible to gauge for me.

>

> Like, if a "traditional" car company had their issues and cash flow and production, and you couldn't get parts, etc etc etc. you'd go "why the h*ck is it valued like this? I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole". And that seems to be the narrative the short sellers are pushing (from what I can glean. I don't stay on top of it).

>

> OTOH, if in 2040, would you be surprised if you looked back on 2019 and went "I can't believe I could have bought Tesla for $200. They really figured it out and now they OWN the global electric car market and run the electric infrastructure, and they've figured out how to generate AND STORE a lot of energy and Elon Musk looks like Henry Ford 2.0 and he was right in front of my eyes." Like it would have been like buying Microsoft in 1985? Would that surprise you?

>

> So, I don't know. That's one reason why I don't like individual equities in my portfolio. But, I do like the cars. I've been in the Model S, too.

>

>

>

>

Well put. Tesla hasn't turned a profit in 11 years. It's all about people viewing Elon as the genius savior. I'm not that convinced.

> @ALTSean said:

> Thanks to all the organizers for Saturday's Intraclub Conflict II. It was a great day and lots of fun. Eric C. and I teamed up against Tyler and Mark. We lost the first 9, but came back to win the 2nd and 3rd nines. Eric was hitting driver great all day, straight, long and consistent. He was a great partner as was very relaxed and encouraging as my game started out rough on the 1st nine, but I played better on the 2nd and 3rd nines. It was fun to hang with the group afterwards and I look forward to the next event!

> @FAbb said:

> Important question - are those, or are those not gym shorts that ALTSean (I think) is wearing in the pics?

Thanks Sean. It was great playing the round with you and we both played well and pulled out a good match for us. Tyler and Mark played well as we expected but we stayed with our plans and pulled it off.

Nah, not gym shorts for Sean.

• Like 1

> @Mizzy45 said:

> Hitting 10 year old ping g25.

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @Mizzy45 said:

> > > So, what is the Best hybrid in the last 3 years? Looking for more “pop”. WhT are your thoughts?

> >

> > Cobra f6. Definitely the correct answer to this question.

> >

> > Seriously, no new hybrid is going to give you more pop. They're not changing the technology. What are you hitting now? What are you trying to get out of it? My hybrid is a 205-215 club. If I want more pop, I hit 4W.

>

>

Next time there is an outing I have a few Exotic hybrids with Kuro Kage stiff if you want to try out. I don’t hit them anymore and plan to sell to 2nd swing if no one wants them.

Exotics CB PRO 17 degree.

Exotics EX9 tour 16 degree

Exotics EX9 tour 18 degree.