2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I did. I really liked the last hour. Stayed with the rest of it. There were things I didn't like about it. not my favorite Scorcese.

We saw "Knives Out" last night.

Most interesting movie in the last month was "The Lighthouse". We weren't even sure we liked it and yet we've talked about it like 50 times since and we watch youTube clips of it and we're quoting it to each other. And we want to see it again. I got sort of drunk the night we saw it and we missed the first few minutes (I NEVER go in late for movies. I swear we walked in like 2 minutes after the start time and it was like it was 5 minutes into it.)

I listened to a podcast about it and there were 4 guys talking about it for an hour, all the crazy stuff, the acting, the look of it, the themes, the writing, etc etc and then the host was like, "but did you like it?" and they were all like "No". And he goes, "I did. I thought it was a masterpiece."

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

AMT white get too heavy. I'd like to keep it at or under 120 grams. I don't think the actual weight is very noticeable, but the clubs definitely feel stiffer to me when they go above 120. OG DG were too much.

Question for the masses: I brought some leftover steak and pork today for lunch, and I'm looking for a flavor enhancer to eat with it after I f'n microwave it. Think something like sliced jalepenos, but jalapenos can be a bit too spicy. I work above a whole foods so everything is available, but I can't prep something. Is Chimichurri the answer and I'm overthinking this? Looking for something "fresh", no sauces.

Domes my initial thought was pico de gallo but chimicurri wouldnt be terrible either.

I really liked The Irishman, loved Pesci in that movie. Very un-Pesci like character IMO - not the ranting/raving lunatic he plays in a lot of these kinds of movies, just fantastic. Granted I was in the middle of a 7.5 hour layover in the Ft Lauderdale airport the Saturday after Thanksgiving but I thought it was damn good.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

mrs 2more and I bought sphincter golf for her family's white elephant exchange.

vendor sponsored lunch. Which of the following would you prefer: Chipotle, BWW (wings, tenders, wraps this is definitely last place on my list), Ledos, or Chif-Fil-A? I suggested Popeyes and was really disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm. We did Chipotle two years ago. A significant % really liked it. It felt like none of the women wanted anything to do with it though. It makes me a little hesitant to do that again. (Ultimately it's my decision so we'll probably get Popeyes!)

Is Ledos the $5 all you can eat buffet place? For something thats paid for I'd want to up the ante a little bit. CFA or Popeyes probably.

I havent been to Chipotle in a long time. There is a Cava that moved in right across the parking lot and its sort of the same idea but its all bowls. I'd never heard of it before it moved out here but I think they have some spots in the city too. Good fresh pitas too. Had their spicy lamb last time - excellent.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Are you going to some sort of seminar in the Microsoft offices? Seems like three days a week they have a sign-in sheet in the lobby for some sort of presentation they're doing.

This morning I told the security guard that "One day I'm gonna sign-in just to see what's going on up there!"

me and the security guard:

giphy.gif

Chimichurri is a solid choice, but doesn't usually have much acidity, which it sounds like you're looking for. it does have some vinegar in it, but I don't think of it as acidic as some other stuff. And not much heat.

Look around the pickles section. There's degrees of heat in pickled peppers.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Wheelhouse topic for me.

At my past companies, Chipotle and Chick-fil-a were top dogs as far as favorites go. CFA usually has a salad platter and who doesn't want to shovel 57 chicken nuggets down their gullet? Or individual boxed meals from there with sammiches work too. Chipotle is really perfect for a big group.

Obviously, Popeyes would be amazing. I've never worked at a place that had catered Popeyes. I need to become the boss so I can make this happen.

Moby Dick sounds like a solid idea. I abuse that place as it's right across the street from my office building. Chicken and lamb kabobs for dayyyyssss.

Cava is realllly good. It started locally in Rockville and has really blown up. I have the sit down restaurant in my neighborhood but have the order_at_the_counter Cava by my work. The bowls are amazing like DC was saying. Fairly healthy-ish too.

Out of the 10 people who are in my office on the regular, I think 8 of them eat salads/healthy exclusively. We order out every other Friday (on the company dime, good perk) and there will be 7 salads, a personal pizza with no cheese, along with mine and my boss's delicious, gluttonous meal.

Also - re: pickles. We always have multiple jars of pickles in our fridge. We are right by Eastern Market and every Saturday there is a pickle vendor there. He's a really good dude and on Sundays he is in Baltimore somewhere, I think. But anyway, he has hot and spicy pickles that are my jam. Along with full sours, 3/4 sours, 1/2 sours, dill, and horseradish. Fkn awesome if you are a pickle fan. He also has some pickled tomatoes, stuffed olives, and other various pickled products.

BWW mango habanero wings is the only legitimately hot wing you can find in any chain that serves wings. that's the only reason I go there.

Matter of fact, it might be the hottest food item you can find in any chain anything.

It's not listed as the hottest thing on the BWW menu, but it does tend to be, maybe because of the make up of the sauce. It also has quite a bit of natural variation in heat.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

at my work we either get Dominoes pizza or Red, hot and Blue BBQ. but that's for like 120 people.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Did you mean to write exactly what you did or did you mean to say you are surprised "some women" didn't want anything to do with it? I can understand not wanting chipotle. Some people don't like certain restaurants and certain food. I couldn't figure out why ALL the women had an issue with it. It may have been because i called the vendor and told him he needed to ask me about the food and not our office manager. She used to get SARDIs which is just awful.

BBQ is such a staple. It's good. But it's also so common. We've had famous dave's, mission BBQ, red hot and blue, and two other places local to frederick. Gotta have some variety.

Zhoug is an improved version of Chimichurri, especially if you have access to Trader Joe's (they sell it fresh). My ultimate pairing with steak is Kewpie mayo, if you use it during the searing process or as a base for a quick aioli.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

By the end of the Irishman I really liked it.

But one thing that really bugged me is that while they made De Niro's face look young, they couldn't make him move like a young person. Just look at that scene @therealsneek posted. He always looked stiff and unstable.

Also, while he looked younger, he didn't look like young De Niro. I guess that makes sense, but since I know what he really looked like when he was young, it seemed silly.
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/173/J86EQ0JH5AML.png[/img]

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/638/75KSKVX6S7C1.png[/img]

This face-aging technology is new, and everyone seems to be tripping over themselves to use it wherever possible. Most cases I've seen are done becuase they can and want to show off, not because it's actually beneficial for the story or movie. I can do without it. This is definitely a case of where less is more.

Glad to hear someone else agrees with me. I thought it was like a lot of Scorsese films -- good individual scenes with good dialog but a choppy overall narrative. Could have used some tighter editing. The only performance I really liked was that of Joe Pesci, who played a very contained version of a very believable character. Beyond that, Pacino was Pacino and the de-aging of De Niro wasn't all that convincing. As a former Detroiter, I appreciated the fact that they either found or recreated an actual Machus Red Fox restaurant for the Hoffa disappearance scene. It's often described as a suburban diner but was actually an upscale restaurant in Bloomfield Township. Also the neighborhood to which he was driven was very evocative of an upper west side Detroit neighborhood of the day, complete with cement streets. I had an aunt and uncle who lived in that area.

The movie took place over many years. He started out as a young truck driver supposedly in his 20's, then the "meat and potatoes" of the move he was in his 40s or 50's and there were clips to when he was convalescing in his 80's or so.

The WEIRDEST thing about the movie is that they had Domenick Lombardozzi ONLY as an OLD GUY. Like, instead of using an age-appropriate actor, they just used a young guy and aged him. <-- caveat : if DL actually played a younger guy AND and aged guy, then I missed it. There were a lot of characters in the movie and it was long and I watched it over 2 days. But, as I recall, he just showed up as a old guy and that's the only role he played. So weird.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green