Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

Starting to think the comments above make sense.....perhaps this initial release is the fancy box, Tiger specs, etc. Then a full blown release to follow....? I keep going back to the fact that TM is "due" for a new blade per typical release cycles. And, why would you not capitalize on TW as a brand..... Nike has made millions doing this.....

For those of you that have a set "confirmed" what are you guys hearing? My order is "placed" through my CC's head pro but my understanding is that the reps can't actually PLACE the order until 4/1. That's why I'm thinking I won't sleep will until I have something in writing showing the order is placed (or they are in my hands....)

What are the rest of you guys hearing? Thoughts?

> @mjbaker80 said:

> Starting to think the comments above make sense.....perhaps this initial release is the fancy box, Tiger specs, etc. Then a full blown release to follow....? I keep going back to the fact that TM is "due" for a new blade per typical release cycles. And, why would you not capitalize on TW as a brand..... Nike has made millions doing this.....

> For those of you that have a set "confirmed" what are you guys hearing? My order is "placed" through my CC's head pro but my understanding is that the reps can't actually PLACE the order until 4/1. That's why I'm thinking I won't sleep will until I have something in writing showing the order is placed (or they are in my hands....)

> What are the rest of you guys hearing? Thoughts?

Why do you think TM is due for a new blade? They did not come out till the end of '17. The ones before had been out a good 3+ years. I hope that this is a full blown release, but I don't think the 730 is near its end anytime soon. Maybe another year or so.

• Like 1

Tiger gave credit to Mike Taylor for the ride along the way with his equipment. Love it!

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @mjbaker80 said:

> Starting to think the comments above make sense.....perhaps this initial release is the fancy box, Tiger specs, etc. Then a full blown release to follow....? I keep going back to the fact that TM is "due" for a new blade per typical release cycles. And, why would you not capitalize on TW as a brand..... Nike has made millions doing this.....

> For those of you that have a set "confirmed" what are you guys hearing? My order is "placed" through my CC's head pro but my understanding is that the reps can't actually PLACE the order until 4/1. That's why I'm thinking I won't sleep will until I have something in writing showing the order is placed (or they are in my hands....)

> What are the rest of you guys hearing? Thoughts?

First, I heard the same. The reps can't place any orders yet, but that will be soon. I feel confident in my "order." The rep with whom my pro spoke was shocked people knew about these, so I think we have a WRX echo chamber going on yet again. I doubt there's as much actual demand right now as people in this thread believe. It's one thing for a bunch of people to post that they're getting these, but it's quite another to plunk down $2K+ when the time comes.

Second, they are not due to release a new blade. When the P730 was in the Proto phase, TaylorMade folks went on the record and said it's hard to improve on blade designs and they'll only release new ones to market when there is something better. So don't get caught up in the current iron release cycle for timing. The P730 is only in its second full season in 2019, but it seems longer because we've been aware of them since May 2017 when Rory signed his deal. I don't know which iron will stick around long term, but I can't believe it will be both. Something will have to give. If the TW is more playable than the P730, as many have been lead to believe, then maybe that gets the edge.

It's worth remembering that Nike was forced to exit the hard goods business because they weren't making any money. Even TW clubs could not save them, so I wouldn't look to their equipment strategies as a good plan for future TM releases.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

• Like 1

> @mrtynan12 said:

> I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

Very true...And people spending $2,500 on a set of GOLF CLUBS only to be hung on a wall is absurd... Laughable even. Donating that $2,500 to a homeless shelter or your church would be a better way to blow it.... At least it benefits the less fortunate.

If you actually have the game to play blades and in Tiger's specs, then that's more plausible... Though again $2,500 for TM blades is steep, most expensive set ever released by TM I would bet. In this price range, why not look at National Customs, Muira, or Artisan ( not sure if they are taking iron orders yet)?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

> @jonn443 said:

> > @mrtynan12 said:

> > I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

>

> Very true...And people spending $2,500 on a set of GOLF CLUBS only to be hung on a wall is absurd... Laughable even. Donating that $2,500 to a homeless shelter or your church would be a better way to blow it.... At least it benefits the less fortunate.

>

> If you actually have the game to play blades and in Tiger's specs, then that's more plausible... Though again $2,500 for TM blades is steep, most expensive set ever released by TM I would bet. In this price range, why not look at National Customs, Muira, or Artisan ( not sure if they are taking iron orders yet)?

Interesting take. I understand you don't like the idea of a wall piece but why is it absurd? Am I spending your money? I may even buy another set to game in addition to regularly tiding at church. Absurd and laughable may be a bit harsh.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

> @jonn443 said:

> > @mrtynan12 said:

> > I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

>

> Very true...And people spending $2,500 on a set of GOLF CLUBS only to be hung on a wall is absurd... Laughable even. Donating that $2,500 to a homeless shelter or your church would be a better way to blow it.... At least it benefits the less fortunate.

>

> If you actually have the game to play blades and in Tiger's specs, then that's more plausible... Though again $2,500 for TM blades is steep, most expensive set ever released by TM I would bet. In this price range, why not look at National Customs, Muira, or Artisan ( not sure if they are taking iron orders yet)?

I don't disagree, but it's a slippery slope telling people how to spend their money.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

> @jonn443 said:

> > @mrtynan12 said:

>

>

How about if I buy one set of P7TW in Tiger spec and hang it on the wall, one set of P7TW in my own spec so I can play them, one set of Artisan irons whenever they are available and also donate $2500 to local shelter......would that be ok if I blow my money this way??

• Like 2

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

> @WHC888 said:

> > @jonn443 said:

> > > @mrtynan12 said:

> > > I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

> >

> > Very true...And people spending $2,500 on a set of GOLF CLUBS only to be hung on a wall is absurd... Laughable even. Donating that $2,500 to a homeless shelter or your church would be a better way to blow it.... At least it benefits the less fortunate.

> >

> > If you actually have the game to play blades and in Tiger's specs, then that's more plausible... Though again $2,500 for TM blades is steep, most expensive set ever released by TM I would bet. In this price range, why not look at National Customs, Muira, or Artisan ( not sure if they are taking iron orders yet)?

> How about if I buy one set of P7TW in Tiger spec and hang it on the wall, one set of P7TW in my own spec so I can play them, one set of Artisan irons whenever they are available and also donate $2500 to local shelter......would that be ok if I blow my money this way??

>

Only if you donate a set to my collection as well. :D

I’ll take a donated set also :). I might be actually able to play them :)

> @stachoaj said:

> > @WHC888 said:

> > > @jonn443 said:

> > > > @mrtynan12 said:

> > > > I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

> > >

> > > Very true...And people spending $2,500 on a set of GOLF CLUBS only to be hung on a wall is absurd... Laughable even. Donating that $2,500 to a homeless shelter or your church would be a better way to blow it.... At least it benefits the less fortunate.

> > >

> > > If you actually have the game to play blades and in Tiger's specs, then that's more plausible... Though again $2,500 for TM blades is steep, most expensive set ever released by TM I would bet. In this price range, why not look at National Customs, Muira, or Artisan ( not sure if they are taking iron orders yet)?

> > How about if I buy one set of P7TW in Tiger spec and hang it on the wall, one set of P7TW in my own spec so I can play them, one set of Artisan irons whenever they are available and also donate $2500 to local shelter......would that be ok if I blow my money this way??

> >

>

> Only if you donate a set to my collection as well. :D

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> I cannot wait to add these to my collection!!!

I hope I have a chance to do the same!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @mrtynan12 said:

> I'm glad to hear these are being released as well, but I just don't understand why anyone who plans to use them aside for collection purposes would want Tiger's specs. If the lofts, lies, etc don't fit your game then gaming these would be a disadvantage to your game. I totally get buying them for the "look" as Tiger certainly has a great taste for what he likes to see at address, but aren't they useless unless they are fit to your swing?

Because golf is fun and it doesn’t always have to be about your game or what works/fits. Best part about a hobby is being able to enjoy it

> @jonn443 said:

> If there is indeed only limited allotments of these, then I will have to state that for those who have INs, to get more than one set is plain GREEDY (Should this change to a general public release, then I can see getting multiple sets).

The general public isn’t spending $250/club and imo being greedy isn’t always a bad thing.

how are these different from the 730s?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> Looks like P7TWs will have the tungsten plug just like TWs. I did not see that one coming..

Is that confirmed? That would close the deal for me. It will be interesting if the forging and grooves are the same as TW's? Hat's off to TM if it is. That is what we have been asking for all along.

> @"Classic 59" said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > Looks like P7TWs will have the tungsten plug just like TWs. I did not see that one coming..

> Is that confirmed? That would close the deal for me. It will be interesting if the forging and grooves are the same as TW's? Hat's off to TM if it is. That is what we have been asking for all along.

>

Confirmed with visual :)

JWF

• Like 3

ALL Taylormade :)