$499 for a 4-Pw set with KBS Tour S shafts? Price is right if they're any good. The model 699 looks decent, but I'm not changing irons until mine absolutely die.

I would inquire if they are parallel or taper. Profile is different between the two on the KBS tour.

I also see different shaft offerings now on the irons, looks like some better options, although there are up charges on quite a few, but the up charge isn't too steep!

They're parallel only at the moment but are planning on getting heads for tapered shafts as well

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been browsing GolfWRX forums for a long time but finally decided to make an account just so I could chime in on my experience with the Sub70 699s and 699 Pros so far.  Sorry in advance for the no

Got these beauties in yesterday!! Went with the raw version and I’m excited to see how they rust up   Says that toe weight helps diminish face closure so I’ll really put that to the test wit

Our forged stuff is super soft.  We tested 5-6 different materials and I believe the DT4 we use is actually one notch softer than the 1020 carbon that has been popular in forged models.  That being sa

Posted Images

$499 for a 4-Pw set with KBS Tour S shafts? Price is right if they're any good. The model 699 looks decent, but I'm not changing irons until mine absolutely die.

I would inquire if they are parallel or taper. Profile is different between the two on the KBS tour.

I also see different shaft offerings now on the irons, looks like some better options, although there are up charges on quite a few, but the up charge isn't too steep!

They're parallel only at the moment but are planning on getting heads for tapered shafts as well

Not that big a deal to me, KBS tour still a good shaft in parallel, but profiles softer than the taper version.

I watched the podcast at golfunfiltered linked above, as well as checked out the review of the 639CB by the interviewer (of the podcast). There's a promo clip at the bottom of the page showing that Jeff Bushnell is the master builder. I've talked to him several times when making orders through their other companies. He's definitely knowledgeable and the fact that at this point he's the one building the sub70 orders is pretty cool. Pretty sure he told me he either grew up or spent time in Wisco during summer mos. around Mascoutin and Lawsonia. Jason Hiland went to college at UW Oshkosh which has been a good rival in football of late to my Alma mater UW Whitewater! Cool they both have Wisco ties and are doing their thing in the golf industry.

I'll def route for them to be successful. Small company with excellent service, and I can attest to their turn around time getting orders out is quick, as well as excellent customer service!

The best way to get a Marshal's attention is to use the Report button as it reaches the widest audience. We aren't all checking PM's.

Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
Taylormade SIM, 15* & 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S

Callaway Apex Pro 19 23*, Catalyst 70 S
Honma TW 747V 5-10, Nippon Pro Modus 105S +1"
Callaway Jaws MD5 52* DG 115 +1"
Callaway MD4 56* & 60* DG 115 +1"
Odyssey White Hot Pro #5, 35"

I participated in the demo program for the 699.  I was also demo'ing the Ben Hogan PTx at the same time, next to my gamers at the time.  I think they are great clubs, especially for the price.  I think it was unfair to bounce between those clubs, as the Hogan's and my clubs had a significantly better feel (forged vs. cast).  I have heard people compare them to the P-790', and I am not sure that I agree with that.  I think it is something more like P-790 and i500 had a baby, and it kind of got the most 'okay' qualities of both.

I was very impressed with the Sub 70 people, and highly encourage people to try them out.  Definitely worth a swing.

benrd5420 said:
I participated in the demo program for the 699.  I was also demo'ing the Ben Hogan PTx at the same time, next to my gamers at the time.  I think they are great clubs, especially for the price.  I think it was unfair to bounce between those clubs, as the Hogan's and my clubs had a significantly better feel (forged vs. cast).  I have heard people compare them to the P-790', and I am not sure that I agree with that.  I think it is something more like P-790 and i500 had a baby, and it kind of got the most 'okay' qualities of both.

I was very impressed with the Sub 70 people, and highly encourage people to try them out.  Definitely worth a swing.

Waiting on my 699's (4-P) to arrive.  Apparently they shipped today,

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS @ 9º w/ Tensei Pro White 1K 50x

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM TI 5w @ 19º w/ Diamana fw75s

Hybrid: Srixon H85 4H @ 22º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Black 85s

Irons: Wilson Staff Model Blades 5-PW w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Raw @ 52º, 56º, 60º w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

benrd5420 said:

You should give the 639 CBs a try. Would definitely be closer to the PTx's with the forged heads. They should have their forged MBs by June 1
benrd5420 said:

Waiting on my 699's (4-P) to arrive.  Apparently they shipped today,Looking forward to hearing a review of the 699s they are always tempting! 

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> benrd5420 said:

>

>

> I participated in the demo program for the 699.  I was also demo'ing the Ben Hogan PTx at the same time, next to my gamers at the time.  I think they are great clubs, especially for the price.  I think it was unfair to bounce between those clubs, as the Hogan's and my clubs had a significantly better feel (forged vs. cast).  I have heard people compare them to the P-790', and I am not sure that I agree with that.  I think it is something more like P-790 and i500 had a baby, and it kind of got the most 'okay' qualities of both.

> I was very impressed with the Sub 70 people, and highly encourage people to try them out.  Definitely worth a swing.

>

>

>

>

>

> Waiting on my 699's (4-P) to arrive.  Apparently they shipped today,

If you don't mind, pics would be much appreciated! Once you get them of course!

I should have my 699's on Friday to install the Prosoft inserts and grips.

> @JShaw said:

> Those look pretty slick. Also looks like a pretty wide sole on the 9. Are all the irons in the 699s hollow bodied?

>

Yes they are hollow but I believe they are filled with some material similar to the P790's

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5/ZX7 4-P PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Modus Wedge 125
Srixon ZX Utility 18* & 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 85
Srixon ZX7 Mitsubishi CK White Pro 60
Cameron Phantom X 12.5

man she thicc

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / DG TI Spinner

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

> @LowDime said:

> I like the idea for sure. The price point for a 3-pw cb iron set with a shaft i play and my grip choice was close to 900 bucks though. So that is kinda tough for sure.

The shaft upgrades are kind of pricey. They look to be a good deal if the KBS Tours are what you're after though. If the C-taper, DG, or PX was the stock shaft I would probably have already ordered a set. I play tour velvets so no grip upgrade to worry about.

699's have arrived. Dropped them off to have the Prosoft inserts installed along with the grips and labels. Hoping to get them back tomorrow and got hit the range

So finally had a chance to get out and hit these. Had two demo’s built, 9 iron with Modus 120 and 5 iron with C-Taper Lite (looking for extra lift on the long irons.)

Here’a my take...LOVE the 5 iron, sets up well behind the ball, nice confident look to it. The 9 iron to me felt a little on the chunky side, the big rounded toe may have been the issue for me.

Performance wise I will say that the C-Taper performed well for me in the 5 iron, gave me the ball flight I was looking for. The 9 iron with the Modus was ok, something about the size of the head bugged me, would just prefer that short iron to be a little more compact. I know I know, get the 639’s if I want compact.

Overall they were nice, not blown away but if you can get a set with your shaft for 30-40% less than the large OEM’s these surely aren’t going to perform 30-40% less than the big guys.

Srixon ZX5/ZX7 4-P PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Modus Wedge 125
Srixon ZX Utility 18* & 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 85
Srixon ZX7 Mitsubishi CK White Pro 60
Cameron Phantom X 12.5

> @LowDime said:

> I like the idea for sure. The price point for a 3-pw cb iron set with a shaft i play and my grip choice was close to 900 bucks though. So that is kinda tough for sure.

I have to assume the apples-to-apples comparison would be $1400 or so from most OEMs though right?

> @Bece2117 said:

> So finally had a chance to get out and hit these. Had two demo’s built, 9 iron with Modus 120 and 5 iron with C-Taper Lite (looking for extra lift on the long irons.)

>

> Here’a my take...LOVE the 5 iron, sets up well behind the ball, nice confident look to it. The 9 iron to me felt a little on the chunky side, the big rounded toe may have been the issue for me.

>

> Performance wise I will say that the C-Taper performed well for me in the 5 iron, gave me the ball flight I was looking for. The 9 iron with the Modus was ok, something about the size of the head bugged me, would just prefer that short iron to be a little more compact. I know I know, get the 639’s if I want compact.

>

> Overall they were nice, not blown away but if you can get a set with your shaft for 30-40% less than the large OEM’s these surely aren’t going to perform 30-40% less than the big guys.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!