Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, to update my earlier short review - these clubs are amazing. I really hit them well today, and yes, better than my Srixons. I was surprised by that, but they felt less harsh on mishits and the d

I've been looking at Sub 70 for about 6 months. Called Jason last Friday to inquire about why there was only 6-W and not 5-W in the 639CB on the website. He let me know that 3-5 heads were on the way.

Been a while since I posted here. Haven't had a lot of time to get out and play recently but that should be clearing up.  So I initially tested the 699 Pro (6 & 9) and found that I was leavin

Posted Images

My 699's arrived the other day. After getting Prosoft inserts and grips installed (ordered in box), I was able to get out to the range with them today. The KBS Tour V 90's are gonna take getting used to, but my overall impression was good. I'm going through some swing changes and struggling not to come over the top. I found it hard to find the club face today. Lots of shots off the chrome at the end of the grooves on the toe. Once I slowed down and stopped over swinging (elbow break-down at the top) by making what felt like a 3/4 swing, I started finding the face. They have more of a high-pitched sound (range balls) than I'm used to, and a little more offset and thicker top line than I would like, none of which I won't be able to get past.

 

When I found the middle of the club face, they seemed to perform well. Distance-wise, I have no clue. I had them weakened (4-P) to 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, and 45º. The markers on the range are not set up accurately and range balls are notoriously lacking in distance, so I tried to focus on direction and contact. I'll worry about distances once I can get onto grass. I hope to get out onto the course on Friday, weather permitting.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> Mine arrived the other day. After getting Prosoft inserts and grips installed (ordered in box), I was able to get out to the range with them today. The KBS Tour V 90's are gonna take getting used to, but my overall impression was good. I'm going through some swing changes and struggling not to come over the top. I found it hard to find the club face today. Lots of shots off the chrome at the end of the grooves on the toe. Once I slowed down and stopped over swinging (elbow break-down at the top) by making what felt like a 3/4 swing, I started finding the face. They have more of a high-pitched sound (range balls) than I'm used to, and a little more offset and thicker top line than I would like, none of which I won't be able to get past.

>

> When I found the middle of the club face, they seemed to perform well. Distance-wise, I have no clue. I had them weakened (4-P) to 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, and 45º. The markers on the range are not set up accurately and range balls are notoriously lacking in distance, so I tried to focus on direction and contact. I'll worry about distances once I can get onto grass. I hope to get out onto the course on Friday, weather permitting.

 

Nice. This is for the CBs right? Real golf balls and turf conditions will definitely be a good test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Armour248 said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > Mine arrived the other day. After getting Prosoft inserts and grips installed (ordered in box), I was able to get out to the range with them today. The KBS Tour V 90's are gonna take getting used to, but my overall impression was good. I'm going through some swing changes and struggling not to come over the top. I found it hard to find the club face today. Lots of shots off the chrome at the end of the grooves on the toe. Once I slowed down and stopped over swinging (elbow break-down at the top) by making what felt like a 3/4 swing, I started finding the face. They have more of a high-pitched sound (range balls) than I'm used to, and a little more offset and thicker top line than I would like, none of which I won't be able to get past.

> >

> > When I found the middle of the club face, they seemed to perform well. Distance-wise, I have no clue. I had them weakened (4-P) to 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, and 45º. The markers on the range are not set up accurately and range balls are notoriously lacking in distance, so I tried to focus on direction and contact. I'll worry about distances once I can get onto grass. I hope to get out onto the course on Friday, weather permitting.

>

> Nice. This is for the CBs right? Real golf balls and turf conditions will definitely be a good test.

 

No, not the CB's. For the 699's. I'll edit my post to make it clear

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Armour248 said:

> > @LowDime said:

> > I like the idea for sure. The price point for a 3-pw cb iron set with a shaft i play and my grip choice was close to 900 bucks though. So that is kinda tough for sure.

>

> I have to assume the apples-to-apples comparison would be $1400 or so from most OEMs though right?

>

 

 

That is probably a pretty accurate estimate on them yes. Unless you can get a deal on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Armour248 said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > No, not the CB's. For the 699's. I'll edit my post to make it clear

>

> Ah I was thinking it was the CBs based on the lofts you described. It looks like the listed lofts for the 699s are 21.5, 24, 27, 31, 35, 40, 45.

 

You are correct. I had the lofts adjusted to the list I gave. If they're too strong it's more difficult to fill the bottom of the bag for me

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @Armour248 said:

> > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > No, not the CB's. For the 699's. I'll edit my post to make it clear

> >

> > Ah I was thinking it was the CBs based on the lofts you described. It looks like the listed lofts for the 699s are 21.5, 24, 27, 31, 35, 40, 45.

>

> You are correct. I had the lofts adjusted to the list I gave. If they're too strong it's more difficult to fill the bottom of the bag for me

 

That makes sense. I heard they may be working on a "pro" version of the 699 that would have a thinner top line...but it's early in the process and if it does end up going to production it wouldn't be available until 2020. Same technology just a bit more of a players look from a top line and offset standpoint I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Armour248 said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > @Armour248 said:

> > > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > No, not the CB's. For the 699's. I'll edit my post to make it clear

> > >

> > > Ah I was thinking it was the CBs based on the lofts you described. It looks like the listed lofts for the 699s are 21.5, 24, 27, 31, 35, 40, 45.

> >

> > You are correct. I had the lofts adjusted to the list I gave. If they're too strong it's more difficult to fill the bottom of the bag for me

>

> That makes sense. I heard they may be working on a "pro" version of the 699 that would have a thinner top line...but it's early in the process and if it does end up going to production it wouldn't be available until 2020. Same technology just a bit more of a players look from a top line and offset standpoint I think.

 

I'd be interested in that, for sure.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @Armour248 said:

> > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > @Armour248 said:

> > > > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > > No, not the CB's. For the 699's. I'll edit my post to make it clear

> > > >

> > > > Ah I was thinking it was the CBs based on the lofts you described. It looks like the listed lofts for the 699s are 21.5, 24, 27, 31, 35, 40, 45.

> > >

> > > You are correct. I had the lofts adjusted to the list I gave. If they're too strong it's more difficult to fill the bottom of the bag for me

> >

> > That makes sense. I heard they may be working on a "pro" version of the 699 that would have a thinner top line...but it's early in the process and if it does end up going to production it wouldn't be available until 2020. Same technology just a bit more of a players look from a top line and offset standpoint I think.

>

> I'd be interested in that, for sure.

 

Same here, I would buy those

Srixon 585/785 4-P PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 56
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
Callaway Epic Flash 3H Tour ADIZ 85

Ping G410 14.5* Ping Tour 70
Titleist TS3 8.5 Tour ADTP 6
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12.5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

> @"T.B." said:

> I am interested in this company. the clubs look great and the shaft options aren't that bad even with the slight price increase. Looking forward the demo them

 

They can get you shafts that aren't listed on the site as well. Right now the irons/wedges are parallel shafts only so that's the only real limitation

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

> @Thats_OB said:

> Any updates from the owners in this thread?

 

I'm still checking in from time to time. I don't want to be spammy or anything though so I'm really only responding to any questions that come up. Our MB and MB+ irons just got added. 699 irons are back in stock and the 639 CB irons should be back in stock in two weeks or so. Things are going well and we think people are starting to understand we aren't some gimmick or cheap golf club brand. At the end of the day we think the stuff performs similar to anything else out there and we're having a ton of fun working with other passionate golfers. If you have any questions just let us know

Link to post
Share on other sites

oqsn55zasizj.jpg

utwmuxf1wdpz.jpg

7wh2jmc7f16z.jpg

 

The blades finally came in 2 weeks ago and I love them! To have an entire set for under $700 is incredible..... and these play better than my old p770's. For a blade these are actually forgiving and very easy to hit. Very accurate also. Limited play with them so far but they are quite easy to work either direction and flight lower if needed, which obviously is a key point to blades.

 

I had Srixon z965s for some of last year and id put them on the same level in terms of feel and control. Customer service with Sub70 is top notch and they put out amazing product. These irons will be in my bag for a long time

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx or TM SIM Max 9* ... KBS TD 60 cat4

PXG 0211 3w 15*.... Tensei Pro Blue 70tx or TM SIM 15* ... KBS TD 70 cat4

TM SIM DHY 18* ...KBS Prototype 95x

TM SIM Rescue 22* ... Diamana Thump 105x
Srixon Z Forged 5 - P ... Project X PXI 115 6.5

Vokey SM8 raw black 51, 55, 59

LowTide Custom Fin putter

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @"T.B." said:

> I am interested in this company. the clubs look great and the shaft options aren't that bad even with the slight price increase. Looking forward the demo them

 

They certainly are getting a lot of good reviews. Just know that, if you decide to order a demo club or clubs, then you will need to speak with a Sub70 rep before you can return them. Most people have no issue with that, some do.

"The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @nlk10010 said:

> > @"T.B." said:

> > I am interested in this company. the clubs look great and the shaft options aren't that bad even with the slight price increase. Looking forward the demo them

>

> They certainly are getting a lot of good reviews. Just know that, if you decide to order a demo club or clubs, then you will need to speak with a Sub70 rep before you can return them. Most people have no issue with that, some do.

 

That is true, primarily because they have to send the paid return label to you. It's not a very "salesy" conversation. It's more just to ask for any possible feedback and making sure the return label gets sent over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Armour248 said:

> > @nlk10010 said:

> > > @"T.B." said:

> > > I am interested in this company. the clubs look great and the shaft options aren't that bad even with the slight price increase. Looking forward the demo them

> >

> > They certainly are getting a lot of good reviews. Just know that, if you decide to order a demo club or clubs, then you will need to speak with a Sub70 rep before you can return them. Most people have no issue with that, some do.

>

> That is true, primarily because they have to send the paid return label to you. It's not a very "salesy" conversation. It's more just to ask for any possible feedback and making sure the return label gets sent over.

 

Well, no, Ben Hogan and TourEdge manage quite nicely to send the return label without insisting on talking to you. Whether it's a Warrior-type call or simply an informal inquiry I have no way of knowing, but I'll take your word for it that it's benign.

"The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @nlk10010 said:

> > @Armour248 said:

> > > @nlk10010 said:

> > > > @"T.B." said:

> > > > I am interested in this company. the clubs look great and the shaft options aren't that bad even with the slight price increase. Looking forward the demo them

> > >

> > > They certainly are getting a lot of good reviews. Just know that, if you decide to order a demo club or clubs, then you will need to speak with a Sub70 rep before you can return them. Most people have no issue with that, some do.

> >

> > That is true, primarily because they have to send the paid return label to you. It's not a very "salesy" conversation. It's more just to ask for any possible feedback and making sure the return label gets sent over.

>

> Well, no, Ben Hogan and TourEdge manage quite nicely to send the return label without insisting on talking to you. Whether it's a Warrior-type call or simply an informal inquiry I have no way of knowing, but I'll take your word for it that it's benign.

 

Yeah that makes sense. I think part of the issue is that there isn't necessarily a hard cap on how long people can hold onto the demos...so part of the call is "have you had enough time to hit them"...and if the return label gets sent out and then not used then it can expire. I'm sure you can request a return label through email or social media as well. It's all very laid back

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

More people should give Sub 70 a look. I bought a set of irons from them a little over a month ago and they were great to deal with. I went to their facility to be fitted. I met a few of the employees including the owner Jason who did my fitting and they are very passionate about what they are doing. While I was doing my fitting Jason had to step out a couple of times so I took a look at some of their clubs lined up against the wall. It was all quality stuff and sharp looking. Unfortunately I haven’t had much of chance to use my new irons because of eye surgery but results the first couple were very positive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Markrip said:

> More people should give Sub 70 a look. I bought a set of irons from them a little over a month ago and they were great to deal with. I went to their facility to be fitted. I met a few of the employees including the owner Jason who did my fitting and they are very passionate about what they are doing. While I was doing my fitting Jason had to step out a couple of times so I took a look at some of their clubs lined up against the wall. It was all quality stuff and sharp looking. Unfortunately I haven’t had much of chance to use my new irons because of eye surgery but results the first couple were very positive.

 

Which model did you go with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event.
       
      Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 American Express
      PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters
      UST Maymiya LinQ shafts - American Express 2021
      Mitsubishi Kaili & MMT shafts - American Express 2021
      Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 hybrids - American Express 2021
      TaylorMade putter cover for Palm Springs/Palm Desert - American Express
      New Aldila Synergy, Ascent & prototype shafts - American Express 2021
      Callaway Apex Pro iron, Epic Driver and fairway, Apex iron & hybrid - American Express 2021
      New Perfect Practice training aids - American Express 2021
      New KBS prototype shafts - American Express 2021
       
      • 1 reply
    • Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs)
      Kevin Na's What's In The Bag?
       
      Specs are on the front-page as well-
      https://www.golfwrx.com/645178/kevin-nas-winning-witb-2021-sony-open/
       
      Driver- Callaway GBB Epic (9 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 TX
      3w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (13.5 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 TX
      5w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (18 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 80 TX
      Hybrid- PXG 0317 X Gen 2 (19 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
      Irons- Callaway Rogue Pro (4), Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (54), Vokey Design prototype (’18) (60-06K ) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Putter- Odyssey Toulon Madison
      Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4
      Ball- Titleist Pro V1x
       

       
      • 32 replies
    • SIM up close
      Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now.  
       
      Wk
      • 150 replies
    • 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)
      A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. 
       

      Callaway
      Apex irons, Apex Pro irons, Apex DCB irons Apex hybrids, Apex Pro hybrids  
      Mizuno 
      MCraft putters
      Ping
      G425 driver G425 fairway woods, hybrids and crossover G425 irons
       
      PXG 
      PXG 0211 series
      • 43 replies
    • JT with a Ventus in the Tsi3?
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 203 replies

×
×
  • Create New...