2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

Apologies if this has already been posted -- Augusta.com reports that 1991 champion Ian Woosnam has announced his retirement as an active Masters competitor.

http://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/2019-04-12/woosnam-calls-it-quit-masters-competitor

I am guessing (mildly and wildly) that Larry Mize, Jose-Maria Olazabal, Sandy Lyle and Fred Couples will follow suit -- perhaps next year if not this year. As for ageless wonder Bernhard Langer -- who can tell ??

> @"Frasier Crane" said:

> Some interesting comments from Tiger... he said he hit his lines on the missed putts and that he could live with the misses.

>

> Also interesting that he mentioned how experience is really helping him... mentioned how he, Langer, and Mickelson have an advantage because of their experience.

I think he just throws that out to try and make some other guys who have designs on winning think about it a little. Jedi mind tricks.

> @gatorMD said:

> OK what's ur low round high round of the leaders?

>

> Ian 75. Tiger 66. Boom

If I disagreed with every gatorMD post ever, would that be enough to get him banned ... Just hypothetically?

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @gatorMD said:

> WTF:

> According to reports, Jeff Knox will be replaced as marker in first tee time by Augusta member Michael McDermott. Here’s hoping playing partner Eddie Pepperell walks off when they’re done and says, “He beat me. Straight up. Pay him. Pay that man his money.”

>

> @gatorMD said:

> WTF:

> According to reports, Jeff Knox will be replaced as marker in first tee time by Augusta member Michael McDermott. Here’s hoping playing partner Eddie Pepperell walks off when they’re done and says, “He beat me. Straight up. Pay him. Pay that man his money.”

>

Those b_______ds are nothing if not competitive. I think there is secret crystal and a little celebration every time a member wins as the marker.

> @Frank-0-Sport said:

> Apologies if this has already been posted -- Augusta.com reports that 1991 champion Ian Woosnam has announced his retirement as an active Masters competitor.

>

> http://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/2019-04-12/woosnam-calls-it-quit-masters-competitor

>

> I am guessing (mildly and wildly) that Larry Mize, Jose-Maria Olazabal, Sandy Lyle and Fred Couples will follow suit -- perhaps next year if not this year. As for ageless wonder Bernhard Langer -- who can tell ??

>

Freddie will play as long as he can break 80 and swing a club without too much pain.

> @tatertot said:

> > @gatorMD said:

> > OK what's ur low round high round of the leaders?

> >

> > Ian 75. Tiger 66. Boom

>

> If I disagreed with every gatorMD post ever, would that be enough to get him banned ... Just hypothetically?

NOPE. just add u to the fan club. I can send my autograph if u want? :* :*

• Like 1

> @Marco said:

> > @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > Man... Tiger's missed a ton of short, easy putts.... he could've ran away with this if it weren't for that. His ability to be disciplined when taking chances (or not) and consistently miss in the right spots is amazing to watch.

> >

> > If they set up the course to protect par over the weekend, I think he wins it.

>

> I just want him to avoid the f.uckin bunker on 5 ahah

And the left trees on 14.

Dangerous place to be.

For those wondering, I used an online calculator and input hole by hole from the shot tracker to get Tiger's strokes gained putting for rounds 1 and 2. The bombs have more than made up for the short misses.

Day 1 Tiger lost 0.75 strokes to tour average. Day 2 Tiger gained 1.92 strokes to tour average. So he has gained 1.17 strokes through 2 rounds. Obviously cannot do a minor adjustment for field performance but considering it's Augusta I would highly doubt the field is having a better than tour average week.

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max 9 Tensei Blue 65S

2023 BRNR 11.5 Proforce M40X 65S

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

2024 Apex Pro 4-PW DG Mid 115 S300

RTX Full Face 54 60, Full Face 2 64 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

LAB DF3 34 69 Press Pistol 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @nosedive32 said:

> For those wondering, I used an online calculator and input hole by hole from the shot tracker to get Tiger's strokes gained putting for rounds 1 and 2. The bombs have more than made up for the short misses.

> Day 1 Tiger lost 0.75 strokes to tour average. Day 2 Tiger gained 1.92 strokes to tour average. So he has gained 1.17 strokes through 2 rounds. Obviously cannot do a minor adjustment for field performance but considering it's Augusta I would highly doubt the field is having a better than tour average week.

I agree. I think it's more that ANGC does not want more than -10 under winning so they are putting the holes in very challenging places coupled w/ green revisions making some of the putts very challenging. He does not look yippy like YJS. And he is draining some longer ones so obviously has something going right. With the softe conditions and no rough the only defense against the best is tough pin positions.

> @gatorMD said:

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > For those wondering, I used an online calculator and input hole by hole from the shot tracker to get Tiger's strokes gained putting for rounds 1 and 2. The bombs have more than made up for the short misses.

> > Day 1 Tiger lost 0.75 strokes to tour average. Day 2 Tiger gained 1.92 strokes to tour average. So he has gained 1.17 strokes through 2 rounds. Obviously cannot do a minor adjustment for field performance but considering it's Augusta I would highly doubt the field is having a better than tour average week.

>

> I agree. I think it's more that ANGC does not want more than -10 under winning so they are putting the holes in very challenging places coupled w/ green revisions making some of the putts very challenging. He does not look yippy like YJS. And he is draining some longer ones so obviously has something going right. With the softe conditions and no rough the only defense against the best is tough pin positions.

He said after the round he hit every putt on his line they were just misreads.

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Looking at the pin sheet it would seem to favor Tiger with many of the pins tucked in corners of the green. Tigers approach would seem to be to play fairly conservatively to the safe parts of the greens and take advantage of the par 5s. 69 or 70 should be enough to put him in the final group. He also pointed out yesterday that he watches the early rounds to see how holes are playing so when your watching today you can bet Tiger is doing the same thing.

• Like 1

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> Well well well, going to grill burgers and peppers and get ready for a wonderful afternoon. Hoping Phil and Tiger don’t disappoint. Watch out for Steve Bartman Tiger.

Phil said after his round that he hasn't even thought about being the oldest major winner and thinks he's going to win 1 or 2 more but he wants to stay focused on the challenge and enjoy the competition this week instead of looking ahead.

His mind is in the right place and he's putting beautifully. If he can drive it on the planet he can certainly get hot and shoot 10 or 12 under over the weekend and win. He also could drive it like today and finsh over par for the tournament.

I hope it's at worst somewhere inbetween for the added excitement.

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @sbjinx said:

> Here we are boys. Saturday at the Masters, packed leaderboard and Tiger in the hunt. Couldn’t ask for a better tournament.

I'd have no problem being transported back in time to '86 and being 33 years younger> @Jackhammer993 said:

> Looking at the pin sheet it would seem to favor Tiger with many of the pins tucked in corners of the green. Tigers approach would seem to be to play fairly conservatively to the safe parts of the greens and take advantage of the par 5s. 69 or 70 should be enough to put him in the final group. He also pointed out yesterday that he watches the early rounds to see how holes are playing so when your watching today you can bet Tiger is doing the same thing.

So you're saying he's better off with long putts? ;-)

• Like 1

> @Jackhammer993 said:

> Looking at the pin sheet it would seem to favor Tiger with many of the pins tucked in corners of the green. Tigers approach would seem to be to play fairly conservatively to the safe parts of the greens and take advantage of the par 5s. 69 or 70 should be enough to put him in the final group. He also pointed out yesterday that he watches the early rounds to see how holes are playing so when your watching today you can bet Tiger is doing the same thing.

I think with the soft conditions and the number of great players from 4 to 7 under we'll see guys get to 10 / 11 under for the final pair but 69 or 70 will definitely keep him right in touch

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @jdl said:

> > @Marco said:

> > > @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > > Man... Tiger's missed a ton of short, easy putts.... he could've ran away with this if it weren't for that. His ability to be disciplined when taking chances (or not) and consistently miss in the right spots is amazing to watch.

> > >

> > > If they set up the course to protect par over the weekend, I think he wins it.

> >

> > I just want him to avoid the f.uckin bunker on 5 ahah

>

> And the left trees on 14.

> Dangerous place to be.

yes but at least left trees there result in birdie ahah

> @MountainGoat said:

> That's a nasty pin position on #2.

>

HaoTong Li just had a 60 footer for eagle and it was fast...very scary pin position

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape