Monte's efficient swing

i*windows

> @sethdavidsdad said:

> Any discount codes for

They just sent one out today GOLFWRX for $15 off

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I saw the email and used the code. I’m absolutely lost right now.

I’ve only gotten through segments 1 and 2. Revolutionary.

I’ve read nearly everything ever published on the golf swing and seen way more videos than anyone should ever watch. And even in segment 1 and 2, Monte has shown, AND EXPLAINED, at least two things I’ve never seen or understood before.

The left hand palm down roll and the hips turning high and low are concepts I USED to do instinctually that I’d lost through years of instruction. Hearing Monte say it and explain how and why is unique to his teaching.

So far, it’s a really well done video series. I’m actually excited to play tomorrow. Implementing the moves he suggests is easy to do and quickly adapted. Because the moves are correct. It just makes the swing more efficient.

Probably why he named it that. :)

• Like 1

> @dbdors said:

> > @sethdavidsdad said:

> > Any discount codes for

> They just sent one out today GOLFWRX for $15 off

>

>

Thanks got it

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

I'm desperately searching for help and am debating between Monte's series and one other. Given that Monte is a rock star around here I'm leaning that direction, but seems a lot of folks here use the series in conjunction with online lessons. Would the videos be helpful used without Monte's specific instruction on where my (many, many) flaws are and what to focus on?

Sto Pro Veritate

Monte's efficient swing teaches you how to build a swing from the ground up. If you aren't able to get his instruction online or in person, this is the best way to go. Then he'll be able to spot your biggest swing fault, clear up any misconceptions, and teach you different swing feels in a lesson. I've bought all of his videos, worked with him online, and in person. Efficient swing is his best work, in my opinion. I was able to make a lot of improvement quickly cleaning up things I was doing incorrectly that may not have looked off on camera or in person.

> @Girevik said:

> I'm desperately searching for help and am debating between Monte's series and one other. Given that Monte is a rock star around here I'm leaning that direction, but seems a lot of folks here use the series in conjunction with online lessons. Would the videos be helpful used without Monte's specific instruction on where my (many, many) flaws are and what to focus on?

Fair question - but any video is going to only be able to communicate general basics. None will be tailored to a specific person’s needs.

Monte’s video is excellent at laying out fundamental building blocks for a solid swing and is oriented so that you can better use video to self assess.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I was playing the best golf of my life going into the winter and picked it up pretty quickly when the weather broke. I then went into a 6 week slump, despite recently retiring and having plenty of time to practice, and I could not figure out what had "changed" in my swing. I went from mid 70's (and a 67) to mid 80's. With no idea what was going on.

Chapter 1 and 2 had me back on track in one viewing (actually, the very first video and my first shaft parallel rehearsal had me go "well there it is right there"). I hit the most greens today I've hit all year after watching the videos the night before and doing some mirror work. There is a lot to be said for going back to the basics and checking yourself. This video shows you exactly what you need to do and where you need to be to stay in the "middle of lane". I felt like I had ball control, angle of attack, and solid contact for the first time in a couple of months.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

> @Girevik said:

> Assuming a regularly work at the program, how long until I can expect to see results?

Sections 1, 2 and 3 should produce immediate results unless you're already at a high level of play. A proper backswing sets up a good downswing and reduces the need for compensations. The movements aren't that difficult (we make them way more complicated than they are). You can even play good golf from just the section 2 position (I play with 2 low singles who don't go past left arm parallel).

Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me. Went through 2 buckets of intense drilling today working just on section 4 upper. The 3rd bucket was turning my brain off and just hitting to targets with a little bit of mindfullness about shaft plane in transition. I saw very positive results (the high draw has eluded me lately and I hit some beauties today). I'm not nearly done drilling it yet.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I have been doing some online lessons with Monte. Will try these as well.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

> @DFinch said:

> Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

>

This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

Sto Pro Veritate

My 15 year old son has watched and studied the Drive For Dough video and the Efficient Swing video from Monte. He played in a tournament Saturday and won it shooting under par (only 15 year old that was, nearest was 2 over). What surprised me, though, is how much longer he is now than the other very good players his age. He hit a 545 yard par 5 in two with a driver and 5 iron. Carrying his 7 iron about 185. Drove a short par 4, a risk-reward type hole, of 311 yards and was pin high. All of this came from watching Monte's videos. Son is a smart kid and sees something he can use every time he watches it. Now he wants me to get him the short game video which I will. Can't say enough positive things about Monte's teaching. It's clear, concise, and direct.

• Like 1

> @Girevik said:

> > @DFinch said:

>

> > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> >

> This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

>

The transition is the hardest part of the swing to change without actually having an instructor there looking at you. That hit impulse in the direction change, the speed and dynamics, makes it almost impossible to know what you're actually doing vs. what you're trying to do when you're talking about a couple inches of hand path and a couple degrees of wrist angle. It's why exaggeration is so necessary to make an almost imperceptable change in the motion. One thing the series can do for us, though, is create a solid 1/2/3 move that makes the transition easier rather than trying to do it with a bunch of other compensations from an off-plane backswing and locking in 1/2/3 is relatively easy. You can't help but get better if you're solid to the top unless you're *way* out of bounds in transition, and if that's the case just having some intent in the proper direction with the transition will help.

A good example is Schnee's comment about the one he takes to the course. Taking 4.6 to the course, a major exaggeration, is what he does to hit it straight and he's been as low as a +1.

> @Girevik said:

> > @DFinch said:

>

> > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> >

> This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

>

You get out what you put in, but you have to be ready to learn, work hard, and be diligent with your practice (ie video taping as the program describes).But without having decent working knowledge of what should happen in the swing there will for sure be wheel spinning, the whole point of the video series is to give you that knowledge

The reality is, if $35 gives you pause, long term improvement is going to be tough either way.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @DFinch said:

> >

> > > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> > >

> > This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

> >

>

> You get out what you put in, but you have to be ready to learn, work hard, and be diligent with your practice (ie video taping as the program describes).But without having decent working knowledge of what should happen in the swing there will for sure be wheel spinning, the whole point of the video series is to give you that knowledge

>

> The reality is, if $35 gives you pause, long term improvement is going to be tough either way.

I've never had a concern with the price; at about the price of a half hour lesson, if it works it's a bargain. I just want to spend my time as effectively as possible.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @DFinch said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @DFinch said:

> >

> > > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> > >

> > This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

> >

>

> The transition is the hardest part of the swing to change without actually having an instructor there looking at you. That hit impulse in the direction change, the speed and dynamics, makes it almost impossible to know what you're actually doing vs. what you're trying to do when you're talking about a couple inches of hand path and a couple degrees of wrist angle. It's why exaggeration is so necessary to make an almost imperceptable change in the motion. One thing the series can do for us, though, is create a solid 1/2/3 move that makes the transition easier rather than trying to do it with a bunch of other compensations from an off-plane backswing and locking in 1/2/3 is relatively easy. You can't help but get better if you're solid to the top unless you're *way* out of bounds in transition, and if that's the case just having some intent in the proper direction with the transition will help.

> A good example is Schnee's comment about the one he takes to the course. Taking 4.6 to the course, a major exaggeration, is what he does to hit it straight and he's been as low as a +1.

Let me ask this for when I get to the video on transition (I'm still working through #3 and haven't had a chance to do any of the drills yet). My biggest issue seems to be with not getting the hips through. I want to swing more with my arms and come over the top. Is there a particular transition drill that might be a good one for me to start with?

Sto Pro Veritate

I think you are looking at this in the wrong light, it's an educational tool, not a quick fix, if it works or it doesnt is dependent on you. It's full of very very good content, at $35 its a bargain on it's own in at least getting a basic understanding of what makes up a good golf swing. If you choose to do the drills, are open to self diagnosing, etc, such that you can build a solid swing on your own (or supplement with online/in person lessons), then it's value goes up even more. In person lessons become far more productive when you have this basic working knowledge

> @Girevik said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > > @DFinch said:

> > >

> > > > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> > > >

> > > This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

> > >

> >

> > You get out what you put in, but you have to be ready to learn, work hard, and be diligent with your practice (ie video taping as the program describes).But without having decent working knowledge of what should happen in the swing there will for sure be wheel spinning, the whole point of the video series is to give you that knowledge

> >

> > The reality is, if $35 gives you pause, long term improvement is going to be tough either way.

>

> I've never had a concern with the price; at about the price of a half hour lesson, if it works it's a bargain. I just want to spend my time as effectively as possible.

Now that you've purchased it, my advice would be to diligently work on the series in order. Master 1 before even looking at 2. Master 2 before even looking at 3...and so on. It's a building block and each segment will make the next one easier.

I push my arms back too far at 1. I suck the hands inside at 2 and flatten my shoulder turn. I under-rotate my left arm and fly my elbow at 3 with major arm overrun because I'm flexible (like student #2). My head moves forward during 4. That makes segment 4 a series of major compensations. I'm a 7 handicap, so I compensate pretty well., but I'm constantly playing on the edges of the "window". I can shoot par or I can shoot 87 on any given day. I had a 20 shot swing in November (67/87). Every outing is an adventure in swing thoughts and compensations.

The benefit of the building block approach in this series, for me, is simplification and the reduction in uncertainty. I can lock in 1/2/3. That alone reduces inconsistency and increases confidence. The big thing, though, is you have to confirm that you're locking in 1/2/3 and not just think you are. That's why he emphasizes video confirmation.

• Like 1

> @Girevik said:

> > @DFinch said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > > @DFinch said:

> > >

> > > > Section 4 is where the real work begins. That section is the hardest (and Monte says so) and if most of your issues are in transition then you are going to have to put in the time and effort to reprogram your move. It's also the one section that has frustrated me a bit because there are too many options. I can do them all. I can't decide which is going to be the most consistent and repeatable for me.

> > > >

> > > This has been my concern about the program all along. It can show me the "right" way to do things, but will I be able to identify where my flaws are and understand how to correct them. I strongly suspect most of my issues are in transition, but I'm fearful this will be more spinning of my wheels.

> > >

> >

> > The transition is the hardest part of the swing to change without actually having an instructor there looking at you. That hit impulse in the direction change, the speed and dynamics, makes it almost impossible to know what you're actually doing vs. what you're trying to do when you're talking about a couple inches of hand path and a couple degrees of wrist angle. It's why exaggeration is so necessary to make an almost imperceptable change in the motion. One thing the series can do for us, though, is create a solid 1/2/3 move that makes the transition easier rather than trying to do it with a bunch of other compensations from an off-plane backswing and locking in 1/2/3 is relatively easy. You can't help but get better if you're solid to the top unless you're *way* out of bounds in transition, and if that's the case just having some intent in the proper direction with the transition will help.

> > A good example is Schnee's comment about the one he takes to the course. Taking 4.6 to the course, a major exaggeration, is what he does to hit it straight and he's been as low as a +1.

>

> Let me ask this for when I get to the video on transition (I'm still working through #3 and haven't had a chance to do any of the drills yet). My biggest issue seems to be with not getting the hips through. I want to swing more with my arms and come over the top. Is there a particular transition drill that might be a good one for me to start with?

Lock in 3. Remember that all of the segment 4 drills are meant to create the *same* move in transition and that move takes leverage away from your hands so it's harder to yank/come over the top. Once you start making progress with the upper 4, your hips *have* to rotate through. That's why trying to hit the ball from a static position after making the 4 upper transition can be important. It's pure rotation from that spot and your hips will react. 4 is the exact opposite of over the top and a successful exaggeration is "too far" under (hence the push hook checkpoint in 4.6).

• Like 1

> @Girevik said:

> Would it be beneficial to video a full swing and compare my positions at each of the three points and compare in order to find where my differences are?

I think Monte’s video almost assumes you are using video to validate...

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > Would it be beneficial to video a full swing and compare my positions at each of the three points and compare in order to find where my differences are?

>

> I think Monte’s video almost assumes you are using video to validate...

>

>

I have watched the first two sections and can recall him saying "video your swing" "you won't know unless you are videoing your swing" or the like countless times.

On a side note, I haven't watched the entire video series yet as I am not in a place that I feel comfortable making any drastic changes. My season has started off terribly but I am finally coming around. I don't want to get into full rebuild mentality quite yet. One thing I noticed is that my balance felt different from before the long winter started. In section 2 where he gets into the weight shift, he makes a comment about removing the weight from the heel of your left foot as you turn. That made a light bulb go off for me. I started swinging with more weight in the balls of my feet and focused on making sure my left heel was almost lifting off the ground in my backswing and things already feel more natural. If it ever stops raining, I may be able to test it out sometime this spring.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @radiman said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > Would it be beneficial to video a full swing and compare my positions at each of the three points and compare in order to find where my differences are?

> >

> > I think Monte’s video almost assumes you are using video to validate...

> >

> >

>

> I have watched the first two sections and can recall him saying "video your swing" "you won't know unless you are videoing your swing" or the like countless times.

>

> On a side note, I haven't watched the entire video series yet as I am not in a place that I feel comfortable making any drastic changes. My season has started off terribly but I am finally coming around. I don't want to get into full rebuild mentality quite yet. One thing I noticed is that my balance felt different from before the long winter started. In section 2 where he gets into the weight shift, he makes a comment about removing the weight from the heel of your left foot as you turn. That made a light bulb go off for me. I started swinging with more weight in the balls of my feet and focused on making sure my left heel was almost lifting off the ground in my backswing and things already feel more natural. If it ever stops raining, I may be able to test it out sometime this spring.

Yeah it was pretty clear to me. I don't see how one can self diagnose and improve without some sort of feedback. Video is essential, the mirror vision app helps a ton too.

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > Would it be beneficial to video a full swing and compare my positions at each of the three points and compare in order to find where my differences are?

>

> I think Monte’s video almost assumes you are using video to validate...

>

>

I guess I was thinking at that point he was taking about videoing the holding at each of the 3 stages and the drills rather than comparing them to your full swing. Guess I'm dense.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > Would it be beneficial to video a full swing and compare my positions at each of the three points and compare in order to find where my differences are?

> >

> > I think Monte’s video almost assumes you are using video to validate...

> >

> >

>

> I guess I was thinking at that point he was taking about videoing the holding at each of the 3 stages and the drills rather than comparing them to your full swing. Guess I'm dense.

I don’t recall this specific moment but it would also make sense to look via video at these 3 stages - connect feel to actual action. As someone said, mirror vision is great app for doing this.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W