Monte's efficient swing

i*windows

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> Anyone still having any problems, contact [email protected]. For those who haven’t purchased yet, you have less than 48 hours to purchase for $34 before it goes up to $49 on May 1st.

>

> https://rebelliongolf.com/videos/efficient-swing/

I have communicated to support that the "online lessons" within the app are not working. Any knowledge of when that may be implemented?

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ddetts said:

> > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > Anyone still having any problems, contact [email protected]. For those who haven’t purchased yet, you have less than 48 hours to purchase for $34 before it goes up to $49 on May 1st.

> >

> > https://rebelliongolf.com/videos/efficient-swing/

>

> I have communicated to support that the "online lessons" within the app are not working. Any knowledge of when that may be implemented?

As soon as we become a multi billion dollar company.

Kidding aside, It’s not broken, it’s just not available.

You can download it from the site.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > > Anyone still having any problems, contact [email protected]. For those who haven’t purchased yet, you have less than 48 hours to purchase for $34 before it goes up to $49 on May 1st.

> > >

> > > https://rebelliongolf.com/videos/efficient-swing/

> >

> > I have communicated to support that the "online lessons" within the app are not working. Any knowledge of when that may be implemented?

>

> As soon as we become a multi billion dollar company.

>

> Kidding aside, It’s not broken, it’s just not available.

>

> You can download it from the site.

Got it, was only curious since the more recent app update was when the "online lessons " section showed up in the app. Figured it was maybe being added.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Great video Monte...do you have coupon codes I can buy? Can I "gift" the video to others? I would like to buy the video for some of my hacker friends.

And when is the video coming out on how to play tournament golf? F me. Monte has done great work with my swing over the years, but perhaps I should have paid him more to get the other 1/3 of the course correct! ;) How is this for a tournament score:

4-3-4-3-4-4-6-6-7 = 41

4-4-4-3-6-6-5-7-4= 43

84 with 4 doubles and two triples. Ugh...but those other 12 holes were nice. Six holes of bad swings compounded with some really dumb strategy. Sure, the course was tight, but triples?!?

In the takeaway section Monte says the rotation of the body and the center of mass of the club-head are acting on your wrists automatically. Meaning the correct rotation and weight will get your hands in the correct position (vertical and horizontal hinge) , eliminating the urge/ need to get "handsy" and try and accomplish this movement with just the hands.. Am I interpreting that correctly?

> @"Burt Chance" said:

> In the takeaway section Monte says the rotation of the body and the center of mass of the club-head are acting on your wrists automatically. Meaning the correct rotation and weight will get your hands in the correct position (vertical and horizontal hinge) , eliminating the urge/ need to get "handsy" and try and accomplish this movement with just the hands.. Am I interpreting that correctly?

Yes, leaving open the possibility that it may require some active participation initially.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Visited the range again, today with Tiger-Masters mania finally chilling out a little. There was actually grass available to hit off of. Luxurious.

Started with about 20 club parallel to ground with hip turn. Then hit maybe 30 left arm parallel. A few more club parallel and that last couple in the bucket at full swing. Good things.

I bit, despite not getting a lot out of two of his other videos that I bought. The key factor for me (other than my addiction?) is the concept of building the swing based on a series of interrelated "do this" steps as opposed to a list of "don't do" admonitions. Ledbetter did a video in the 80's that followed a similar format and I've always wondered why more golf instruction isn't structured this way.

So far I've only gotten through the very first part, the takeaway, and am favorably impressed. I hope the rest is just as good!

Just picked up this video. After a miserable start to my season where I have completely lost all feel for what my swing was when I was playing really well at the end of last season, I had to do something.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I picked this up a few days ago. A long time fan of Monte and his approach. I own all of the videos and I do not think that this is redundant.

Even though its early in the season, all of my bad habits came back immediately. This video helped me to get back to the right basics.

Went to range yesterday and it immediately helped. As with all of his videos, I pick out a few ideas/feels etc that seem to resonate with my personal swing issues.

If you aren't familiar with Monte's style check out some of his youtube videos first. YMMV with communication style just like with any teacher.

Recommended.

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> > @"Burt Chance" said:

> > In the takeaway section Monte says the rotation of the body and the center of mass of the club-head are acting on your wrists automatically. Meaning the correct rotation and weight will get your hands in the correct position (vertical and horizontal hinge) , eliminating the urge/ need to get "handsy" and try and accomplish this movement with just the hands.. Am I interpreting that correctly?

>

> Yes, leaving open the possibility that it may require some active participation initially.

>

Gotach. Thanks for the reply. I feel like I get to "handsy" at the beginning and it ruins everything lol. Letting the turn and the club-head get my hands in the correct position have saved me and rejuvenated my game.

Watching the transition video on what the wrists should do and at the end there are some slo-mo sequences and it suddenly hits me...how did I not notice this before?! Is this an aberration? An inadvertent faux-paux? A temporary brain cramp? So I clicked on other videos and there it was staring me in the face... Something I never thought I would see. What the h*ll Monte?!?! A white belt???!!!

#worldisending

• Like 1

@MonteScheinblum went through all the transition drills, some worked well, some not so well, but “Flatten the Shaft” works amazing for me. Should I just continue focusing on that drill and do it to infinity until it creeps into my full swing? If so is drill -> full swing -> drill -> full swing a good pattern to follow during range sesssions?

Thanks!

> @93tilInfinity said:

> @MonteScheinblum went through all the transition drills, some worked well, some not so well, but “Flatten the Shaft” works amazing for me. Should I just continue focusing on that drill and do it to infinity until it creeps into my full swing? If so is drill -> full swing -> drill -> full swing a good pattern to follow during range sesssions?

>

> Thanks!

That’s why I have so many drills/feels/ideas. Not all will work for everyone.

Yes, intermittent work is key.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

What irons were your students hitting in the video?

I start to struggle around 6i and lower so I started doing some of the drills with an 8i just to get some confidence. My plan was to stick with 8i and as I gain more confidence work down to 6i. Favorite drill so far is the wedge under the right foot to keep me from early extending / shoulder shrugging at impact.

The right wrist drill is the best I’ve seen. Everyone always says bow the left wrist, but that can be really hard for a right hander (as monte talked about). I always tended to bow the wrist too much, get the clubface too closed, and my right palm would come off the club. Montes drill has already dramatically helped by strike and shallow the club. The feeling I’ve gotten has been amazing, it feels like my entire body is pointing at the target at impact, because my rotation is now night and day

> @TCM02 said:

> What irons were your students hitting in the video?

>

> I start to struggle around 6i and lower so I started doing some of the drills with an 8i just to get some confidence. My plan was to stick with 8i and as I gain more confidence work down to 6i. Favorite drill so far is the wedge under the right foot to keep me from early extending / shoulder shrugging at impact.

Those drills and all swing change work should be with 7 iron and higher, IMO....then let changes filter up.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Monte, in this series you said that the hands drop a little in transition and then run parallel to the hand path on the backswing. I have also been told that it is the opposite, that the hands path on the downswing is higher than the handpath on the backswing. Am I missing something here? Cheers

Find the extreme's and go directly in between.

> @Shane1 said:

> Monte, in this series you said that the hands drop a little in transition and then run parallel to the hand path on the backswing. I have also been told that it is the opposite, that the hands path on the downswing is higher than the handpath on the backswing. Am I missing something here? Cheers

There are players that do that(Snead) , but most are under, and IMO, it’s easier. Most golfers will have trouble coming down higher and I think it’s a bad idea to teach people to do that on purpose. It’s also not as much a dropping of the hands, it’s a result of regaining flexion.

I can’t remember who did it, but I believe it was Manzella put up a gif on Facebook of all the top 10 players. Maybe it was the AmG guys.....all had a drop.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @moehogan said:

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/16-year-old-shoots-61-to-win-us-open-qualifier-by-six-shots

>

> One of your guys, Monte?

No, but I crappy putted my way to a 71. Snot nose beat me by 10. I gave him a wedgie for embarrassing me like that.

• Like 1

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I think these videos are great. They have helped my swing pretty quickly. I like the way each segment is a separate short video that don’t take too long to watch. For the price, it’s a real bargain.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others