Another online program - Performance Golf Zone

I understand, but it's an issue of time. I'd love to be able to do some of that, but it would be great to have something to work on when I take my kids to the range or while they're having a lesson.

That, and I have no clue how an online lesson works and the equipment I'd need to make it useful.

If none of these things work, so be it. I'll muddle through as I have been. I'm just, perhaps in vain, looking for something to help me best make use of my time.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> I understand, but it's an issue of time. I'd love to be able to do some of that, but it would be great to have something to work on when I take my kids to the range or while they're having a lesson.

> That, and I have no clue how an online lesson works and the equipment I'd need to make it useful.

> If none of these things work, so be it. I'll muddle through as I have been. I'm just, perhaps in vain, looking for something to help me best make use of my time.

You don't need any special equipment , all you need is a phone to video your swing to make sure you are doing what the instructor instructs.

I know a "online lesson" is weird at first because you don't know what to expect, but I highly recommend it.. both Monte and Dan Carraher are top notch and you will understand the "why" of the issue and the "fix" really clearly.

Range work becomes satisfying, which transfers to the course, which transfer to the bill's in your pocket you win off your round.

> @Girevik said:

> I understand, but it's an issue of time. I'd love to be able to do some of that, but it would be great to have something to work on when I take my kids to the range or while they're having a lesson.

> That, and I have no clue how an online lesson works and the equipment I'd need to make it useful.

> If none of these things work, so be it. I'll muddle through as I have been. I'm just, perhaps in vain, looking for something to help me best make use of my time.

I think your misunderstanding the time thing. How is it any less time consuming to have a program over individual lessons? You will get better and more personalized instruction individually and your coach would obviously be giving you something to work on. Talk to the guys mentioned and get some of the preconceived notions out of your head.

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > I understand, but it's an issue of time. I'd love to be able to do some of that, but it would be great to have something to work on when I take my kids to the range or while they're having a lesson.

> > That, and I have no clue how an online lesson works and the equipment I'd need to make it useful.

> > If none of these things work, so be it. I'll muddle through as I have been. I'm just, perhaps in vain, looking for something to help me best make use of my time.

>

> I think your misunderstanding the time thing. How is it any less time consuming to have a program over individual lessons? You will get better and more personalized instruction individually and your coach would obviously be giving you something to work on. Talk to the guys mentioned and get some of the preconceived notions out of your head.

In regards to the time, I can watch videos at any time that's convenient for me (including at night when I can't take a lesson) and work on it at the range, where we go several times a week, or even in a net in my back yard (less preferable since I can't see ball flight). The pro we get lessons from is 20 or so minutes farther away, and the time needs to be scheduled in advance rather than just going when we have an hour or whatever. Cost is a factor as well....regular lessons for all three of us would get pricey so the kids get priority.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the value of the experts around here. I'm just trying to maximize what I can do while focusing on the kids' progress. Maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > I understand, but it's an issue of time. I'd love to be able to do some of that, but it would be great to have something to work on when I take my kids to the range or while they're having a lesson.

> > > That, and I have no clue how an online lesson works and the equipment I'd need to make it useful.

> > > If none of these things work, so be it. I'll muddle through as I have been. I'm just, perhaps in vain, looking for something to help me best make use of my time.

> >

> > I think your misunderstanding the time thing. How is it any less time consuming to have a program over individual lessons? You will get better and more personalized instruction individually and your coach would obviously be giving you something to work on. Talk to the guys mentioned and get some of the preconceived notions out of your head.

>

> In regards to the time, I can watch videos at any time that's convenient for me (including at night when I can't take a lesson) and work on it at the range, where we go several times a week, or even in a net in my back yard (less preferable since I can't see ball flight). The pro we get lessons from is 20 or so minutes farther away, and the time needs to be scheduled in advance rather than just going when we have an hour or whatever. Cost is a factor as well....regular lessons for all three of us would get pricey so the kids get priority.

>

> Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the value of the experts around here. I'm just trying to maximize what I can do while focusing on the kids' progress. Maybe I'm grasping at straws.

>

Online lessons aren’t live. It’s a recording of a video review of your swing you send in..

So you Video record your swing face on and down the line and send it with a payment via email or website. Then they send you back a review(like a swing review of the pros on YouTube) of the issues that’s holding you back from reaching your potential along with drills to fix the root cause of the issues.

You can watch the online lesson and drills a 10000x at the range/home/car/ restaurant as long as you have your phone.

It’s 5 mins to watch..

Hope you try because it will only make you better and good luck sir.

I bought this program and I generally like Cogorno as an instructor and follow his vids on YT. In this series, he goes into great detail on the root causes of a slice and spends lots of time detailing hand and wrist conditions at setup, proper takeaway at the outset and then gets into swing elements - path and closing clubface particularly for slicers. Vids are broken up into parts and are very easy to follow and implement immediately. There are several great drills and some critical workstation setups that he demonstrates that I found very useful for correcting the swing path. It is overall a great program - however - a lot of what he covers can also be found online - and he also does some of these drills on his own youtube channel for free. Not saying it is not worth it - but really - if you are watching slice vids on YT already - the big takeaways are the detailed wrist and setup conditions and the in to out swing workstations. I can hit draws on all my irons and woods now and only have to conquer the driver which is a matter of me still not closing the clubface in the downswing early enough.

> @David69 said:

> I bought this program and I generally like Cogorno as an instructor and follow his vids on YT. In this series, he goes into great detail on the root causes of a slice and spends lots of time detailing hand and wrist conditions at setup, proper takeaway at the outset and then gets into swing elements - path and closing clubface particularly for slicers. Vids are broken up into parts and are very easy to follow and implement immediately. There are several great drills and some critical workstation setups that he demonstrates that I found very useful for correcting the swing path. It is overall a great program - however - a lot of what he covers can also be found online - and he also does some of these drills on his own youtube channel for free. Not saying it is not worth it - but really - if you are watching slice vids on YT already - the big takeaways are the detailed wrist and setup conditions and the in to out swing workstations. I can hit draws on all my irons and woods now and only have to conquer the driver which is a matter of me still not closing the clubface in the downswing early enough.

Thanks for that feedback. Sounds like you think it's worth the $50ish price tag?

Sto Pro Veritate

So far this is what I'm getting out of this thread:

A number of folks have said that online lessons after a valid option, and that is something a will definitely consider. But my question was about the usefulness of this particular online system. Ther only person who has actually tried it says it's helped. Therefore my current thinking is that for less than a price of a single lesson this program is a worth giving a shot and online lessons are still on the table.

Is there anyone whos used this program who can say it's snake oil and a waste of time and money?

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Krt22 said:

> lol@reverse slice.

>

> I would check out Monte's efficient swing video series. Don't fix flaws with band-aids, learn how the club is supposed to be swung

> @Krt22 said:

> lol@reverse slice.

>

> I would check out Monte's efficient swing video series. Don't fix flaws with band-aids, learn how the club is supposed to be swung

It looks to me like this is very similar to the Performance Golf Zone program in the sense that it's a series of video session designed to improved the swing. Are you suggesting that this is a superior program? I guess for me this kind of got lost in the whole "don't use a video program, rather do video lessons" conversation. Given that the program costs less than an individual lesson, and at least the Performance Golf Zone series has a money back guarantee, I'm leaning towards rolling the dice on one of those, especially since I have a number of golfers in the family that might benefit. But if the argument is that Monte's program is a better program I'm certainly willing to hear the pros and cons.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> So far this is what I'm getting out of this thread:

> A number of folks have said that online lessons after a valid option, and that is something a will definitely consider. But my question was about the usefulness of this particular online system. Ther only person who has actually tried it says it's helped. Therefore my current thinking is that for less than a price of a single lesson this program is a worth giving a shot and online lessons are still on the table.

> Is there anyone whos used this program who can say it's snake oil and a waste of time and money?

I haven't used it or even seen it but Corgono is a very good instructor, imo. For $50 why not give it a shot? That said he does have tons of free vids on YT, maybe you can get the same info for free. I've seen the ads for this, doesn't he offer a free video lesson with this?

> @SB_Livin said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > lol@reverse slice.

> >

> > I would check out Monte's efficient swing video series. Don't fix flaws with band-aids, learn how the club is supposed to be swung

>

> Link to this?

https://rebelliongolf.com/videos/efficient-swing/

> @Girevik said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > lol@reverse slice.

> >

> > I would check out Monte's efficient swing video series. Don't fix flaws with band-aids, learn how the club is supposed to be swung

>

> > @Krt22 said:

> > lol@reverse slice.

> >

>

> It looks to me like this is very similar to the Performance Golf Zone program in the sense that it's a series of video session designed to improved the swing. Are you suggesting that this is a superior program? I guess for me this kind of got lost in the whole "don't use a video program, rather do video lessons" conversation. Given that the program costs less than an individual lesson, and at least the Performance Golf Zone series has a money back guarantee, I'm leaning towards rolling the dice on one of those, especially since I have a number of golfers in the family that might benefit. But if the argument is that Monte's program is a better program I'm certainly willing to hear the pros and cons.

I can't speak of the other program, but I have watched Monte's and it's money. If you have a slice I guess it might help, but IMO understanding the basics of a solid swing is more beneficial than trying to fix a specific flaw.

• 9 months later...

PERFORANCE GOLF ZONE.

I bought the Anti Slice Video series for $47. It is a good program to correct your slice. HOWEVER, you provide a credit card to pay for it obviously. Their sign up is convuluted and misleading. I had the impression I was signing up and paying for JUST the anti slice video series. WRONG. See the email below. This certainly leads on to believe they have unlimited access to one PAID course (and 14 days free for other ones).

Welcome to the Reverse Slice Sequence Training System! You have lifetime access to this course, which will help you eliminate your slice in 15 shots or less.

Here are your login details to access the members area:Username:

XXXXXXXPassword:

xxxxxxxxxMember Login Page:

https://www.performancegolfzone.com/membership/

Click Here To Login

After you login, click on the "My Training Courses" tab. This is where you'll find your training videos. If you ordered any additional courses, you'll see that they have been unlocked for you as well.

When you log in, you'll also see your bonus 14-day pass to our exclusive Scratch Club, which helps you drop strokes from your score every month.

Scratch Club is all about helping you improve your game, and moving you towards playing scratch golf... Whether you're just a couple of strokes away, 40 strokes away, or somewhere in between.

After working with thousands of golfers at Performance Golf Zone, what we’ve found is that there are 6 "Scratch Golf Accelerators" that will lower your score in the fastest way possible.

You’ll find in-depth training on each of these "Accelerators" included in your Scratch Club membership as my way of saying thank you for joining.

That’s why, during the next 14 days, you should take full advantage of your free trial by going to the Scratch Club section in your member's area, and checking out the 6 Scratch Golf Accelorators, which are the keys to lowering your score quickly.

See you inside,

Brixton Albert

Founder, Performance Golf Zone

They started charging my credit card TWO recurring charges per month. One was $19.99. This was for the "Scratch Club membership" which provided access to all their videos. The SECOND charge appearing on my credit card was $69.99 per month. They said this was because I signed up for the service where I could submit a video of my swing and their pros on staff would analyze it. This was at a busy time in the summer for me and I did not catch these charges until 2 billing cycles went by. I immediately called and they told me that I had signed up for and agreed to these services. AGAIN, when I purchased the anti slice video, it was my impression that is all I was authorizing a charge for. I explaing that I would never have signed up for a service costing $90 a month for golf videos AND that I had never submitted a video for analysis. They said they have to higher professional staff to meet the demands of the number of people signed up for the swing analysis and there was nothing they could do (BS). I followed up the phone call with an email telling them I was thinking of disputing the charges with my Bank/Credit Card. They responded with a threatening email stating they would prevail with bank dispute and then charge my card MORE fees for having to conduct research to provide to the bank in the dispute. I went ahead anyway with the dispute. In the end, I believe I paid for a month of each of the charges.

Based on my experience, I would NOT do business with PERFORANCE GOLF ZONE. Plenty of quality free videos on the internet.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I also bought the reverse slice sequence video from Performance golf. I followed it to the letter much to the amusement of my fellow golfers. IT DID NOT WORK. Despite their promise of a money back guarantee I could not get a refund. They have now taken two lot of payments for 'god knows what' from my VISA and all my emails are returned by the postmaster saying this site is under construction. I even sent an email to Gorgono and received nothing. Yep another con they have your money and you are out of pocket. I will never open another one of their emails and never recommend their professionalism.

v

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Reverse Slice Sequence Training System from PGZ—it worked for me. I had a massive slice...literally, would be playing from the next fairway over every other time I used my driver. It took about 8-10 days of going to the practice tees for 1-2 hours a day and, my slice was 99% gone. Amazing. I instantly bought in to the way Cogorno teaches.

I went ahead and subscribed to their Scratch Club as well. So far the training that I've gained the most from is their Chipping & Bunkers. I can get out of bunkers now with almost no problem regardless of the lie and where the bunker is relative to the green, etc.

All that said, I think I may cancel my membership to PGZ and subscribe to Cogorno's site since it's half the cost per month and I already watch most of his clips on YouTube.

For me, one of the big values is having everything in a central location and having the same coaches. I could definitely scour YouTube and create my own playlists, etc., but it would be far less efficient IMO.

Crap, sounds like this is one company to avoid like the plague. Thanks for the headsup.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, DanSmiles said:

Thinking about that get more power as you get older package. The add on monthly charges are a definite turn off. Has that been an issue for others? And has the secret power move actually helped anyone out there?
Thank you 

Welcome to Wrx Dan. I'm interested as well.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Look at it this way.  Golf isn't a cheap sport.  Someone has to pay for the creation and maintenance of the hundreds of acres of each golf course.  So it's not table tennis - it has fundamental costs that make playing expensive.  Secondly its not an intuitive skill.  Tour Pros who will tell you they never took a lesson and never do hang on to thqat story because its a great narrative and gets them media coverage.  If it were even true I can only think of Bubba Watson in that category.  So you'll need tuition - and that costs.  And anyone who's really going to help is going to cost double or triple what the average club pro charges - because they are in demand because they are good.  And you can't do it online because you need someone to diagnose what's happening and correct you personally - not a formula - not an average imaginary player - but the unique you, that walks, talks, has a body that moves, uniquely.

Bite the bullet.  Good lessons are $100 an hour face to face and probably 50-100 miles away.  No easy path to better golf - get over it!

• 5 months later...

I was stupid enough to be conned into spending $50 for this thinking that there was something “new” they discovered in how to teach and learn golf. There is nothing new or revolutionary about any of it. Just traditional tried and true basic golf techniques. It is probably useful for beginners as they have ok videos from multiple angles. 

• 1 year later...

How much do I need to pay to get YouTube to stop showing me PGZ ads? Seriously it’s infuriating. 

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7