2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

So, Tiger ....

farmer

> @golfnoob25 said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > I don’t think Tiger believes he can win many more majors, or any tournament for that matter. It meant a lot to win one for his kids. And for himself as well. I wonder though if the Masters win came too early? Tiger has never been denied much as far as golf and to win so early after such huge obstacles to overcome, both physically and emotionally, you have to stop and think about where he goes now? Sometimes in life winning too early and often can be a real problem. Hopefully things are going well for him.

>

> If Tiger didn't think he could win, he wouldn't play. Period. End of sentence.

I think this used to be true.

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @golfnoob25 said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > I don’t think Tiger believes he can win many more majors, or any tournament for that matter. It meant a lot to win one for his kids. And for himself as well. I wonder though if the Masters win came too early? Tiger has never been denied much as far as golf and to win so early after such huge obstacles to overcome, both physically and emotionally, you have to stop and think about where he goes now? Sometimes in life winning too early and often can be a real problem. Hopefully things are going well for him.

> >

> > If Tiger didn't think he could win, he wouldn't play. Period. End of sentence.

>

> I think this used to be true.

He will ALWAYS say he plays to win, whether he can or not. That will never change.

> @puttfordoux said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @golfnoob25 said:

> > > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > > I don’t think Tiger believes he can win many more majors, or any tournament for that matter. It meant a lot to win one for his kids. And for himself as well. I wonder though if the Masters win came too early? Tiger has never been denied much as far as golf and to win so early after such huge obstacles to overcome, both physically and emotionally, you have to stop and think about where he goes now? Sometimes in life winning too early and often can be a real problem. Hopefully things are going well for him.

> > >

> > > If Tiger didn't think he could win, he wouldn't play. Period. End of sentence.

> >

> > I think this used to be true.

>

> He will ALWAYS say he plays to win, whether he can or not. That will never change.

Tiger has often made very bad decisions that have hurt his long-term success. Swing change overhauls to chase distance, non-golf activities that wrecked his knees and back, playing way too much last year. His judgement has never been good.

> @LICC said:

> > @puttfordoux said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @golfnoob25 said:

> > > > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > > > I don’t think Tiger believes he can win many more majors, or any tournament for that matter. It meant a lot to win one for his kids. And for himself as well. I wonder though if the Masters win came too early? Tiger has never been denied much as far as golf and to win so early after such huge obstacles to overcome, both physically and emotionally, you have to stop and think about where he goes now? Sometimes in life winning too early and often can be a real problem. Hopefully things are going well for him.

> > > >

> > > > If Tiger didn't think he could win, he wouldn't play. Period. End of sentence.

> > >

> > > I think this used to be true.

> >

> > He will ALWAYS say he plays to win, whether he can or not. That will never change.

>

> Tiger has often made very bad decisions that have hurt his long-term success. Swing change overhauls to chase distance, non-golf activities that wrecked his knees and back, playing way too much last year. His judgement has never been good.

nevermind..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> TW will be back to tie and then eventually beat Sammy’s record...

That's already done. No diss to Sam but a lot of his wins are a complete joke....team events, 36 hole events, one event was 18 holes, lol.

One event had FOUR people in it. Another event had 4 people tied for 1st and they gave all four people a win.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > TW will be back to tie and then eventually beat Sammy’s record...

>

> That's already done. No diss to Sam but a lot of his wins are a complete joke....team events, 36 hole events, one event was 18 holes, lol. One event had FOUR people in it. Another event had 4 people tied for 1st and they gave all four people a win.

>

Wow, I didn’t even realize all of that.

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > TW will be back to tie and then eventually beat Sammy’s record...

> >

> > That's already done. No diss to Sam but a lot of his wins are a complete joke....team events, 36 hole events, one event was 18 holes, lol. One event had FOUR people in it. Another event had 4 people tied for 1st and they gave all four people a win.

> >

>

> Wow, I didn’t even realize all of that.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/forget-sam-snead-tiger-woods-already-has-the-tour-record-for-wins-seriously

While we're here, one of the 36-hole tournaments, the 1946 World Championship of Golf, had all of four players in it. Might as well credit Tiger for his "Monday Night Golf" showdowns or his seven PGA Grand Slam of Golf titles.

We'd be remiss in forgetting to add the 1950 Bing Crosby Pro-Am. The Clambake was canceled because of darkness, with Snead tied with three others when play was suspended. Instead of coming back for a playoff, a tie was declared, all four players given the win.

Comparing Snead's wins with Tiger's illuminates the difficulty in comparing eras. Snead played in the events that were available to be played, and was playing to make a living. Some of those events were less than stellar, but that's all there was. They were counted as official wins at the time, they should count as official wins today.

• Like 1

> @farmer said:

> Comparing Snead's wins with Tiger's illuminates the difficulty in comparing eras. Snead played in the events that were available to be played, and was playing to make a living. Some of those events were less than stellar, but that's all there was. They were counted as official wins at the time, they should count as official wins today.

They can be counted but then the 2 records need to be compared separately. If you count TWs wins with the same criteria as Sneads, he has 95 PGA Tour wins.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @farmer said:

> > Comparing Snead's wins with Tiger's illuminates the difficulty in comparing eras. Snead played in the events that were available to be played, and was playing to make a living. Some of those events were less than stellar, but that's all there was. They were counted as official wins at the time, they should count as official wins today.

>

> They can be counted but then the 2 records need to be compared separately. If you count TWs wins with the same criteria as Sneads, he has 95 PGA Tour wins.

Not really, because Tiger had other choices. The made for tv events, and so on simply did not exist in Snead's era.

> @lawsonman said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > Allowing to many of these spam threads. Shut them down immediately

>

> So this is a spam thread? Why? Because someone posts their opinion? There was nothing in Tigers body language yesterday that showed me he even wanted to be there. I don't think Tiger is finished by any means but yesterday he DID look old and tired. If you want some threads shut down there's plenty enough other ones around here where dudes are name calling to go around.

LOL!.....there's a click on this board that make silly comments like that when they have nothing intelligent to say... I call their little click "The thread wreckers"....LOL!

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > Allowing to many of these spam threads. Shut them down immediately

> >

> > So this is a spam thread? Why? Because someone posts their opinion? There was nothing in Tigers body language yesterday that showed me he even wanted to be there. I don't think Tiger is finished by any means but yesterday he DID look old and tired. If you want some threads shut down there's plenty enough other ones around here where dudes are name calling to go around.

>

> LOL!.....there's a click on this board that make silly comments like that when they have nothing intelligent to say... I call their little click "The thread wreckers"....LOL!

yea, Tiger hasn't been the same since the masters win really. It's like that masters win scratched an inch and now he is just taking it slow an easy. He didn't show up ready to win any of the majors after the win. I hope he gets that drive back

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > Sad in Memphis...

> >

> > https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/mark-giannotto/2019/07/19/tiger-woods-wgc-memphis-fedex-st-jude-commitment/1743860001/

> What's the problem...not warm enough?

>

Playing it would mean 5 of 6 weeks if he made it through playoffs, seems pretty clear he was unlikely to play it based on his schedule up to this point. But don't let me get in the way of your narrative.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

> @farmer said:

> Comparing Snead's wins with Tiger's illuminates the difficulty in comparing eras. Snead played in the events that were available to be played, and was playing to make a living. Some of those events were less than stellar, but that's all there was. They were counted as official wins at the time, they should count as official wins today.

Snead's first officially recognized total of 88 was already adjusted to 81 by the PGA Tour thirty years ago. It became 82 when the British Open became an official win.

> @farmer said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @farmer said:

> > > Comparing Snead's wins with Tiger's illuminates the difficulty in comparing eras. Snead played in the events that were available to be played, and was playing to make a living. Some of those events were less than stellar, but that's all there was. They were counted as official wins at the time, they should count as official wins today.

> >

> > They can be counted but then the 2 records need to be compared separately. If you count TWs wins with the same criteria as Sneads, he has 95 PGA Tour wins.

>

> Not really, because Tiger had other choices. The made for tv events, and so on simply did not exist in Snead's era.

Sam played far more exhibitions than Tiger.

And he was on tv.

He took on Dean Martin too

https://youtu.be/ZWklhRYr0GA