3 years later for Lydia Ko...

> @xxio said:

> The only player in the top 10 who is not way above average off the tee is Inbee. That is from her previous success. I suspect a drop off even further unless she catches fire and matches these girls. Inbee is no longer always no1-2 threat when teeing up. The longer ladies are.

>

> Lexi and Ariya miss fairways but have short irons in.

> Brook is only there because she has shorter clubs in. If she was average off the tee she would have even less birdie putts to miss.

>

> I am a Lydia, Inbee, JY fan in that order because I relate to their games more.

Jin Young is not way above average. She's ranked 84th in driving distance, which is right at the median. Her game is very similar to Lydia, Stacy, Shanshan, and Jiyai when they were #1. Median distance off the tee with excellent accuracy, allowing for a very high percentage of greens in regulation. Add a hot putter and a good short game, and you have the recipe for #1 without crazy length off the tee.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Her swing has changed significantly from when she was dominating. Some of it I like (stays more centered in BS now), some I don't and could be problematic.

Club face used to be more shut at top. She'd really bust open her entire body allowing handpath to follow her rotating core out and around to the left. This gave her tremendous control of the toe/clubface, the result being tremendous accuracy/control. This type of move is what we've seen from many great faders of the ball a la' David Duval in his prime.

Now her backswing is very different, more vertical requiring hands/arms dropping from the top instead of out and around. The clubface is now more open (square) instead of shut at the top and on the way down. Resultantly, she now doesnt unwind/open-up as aggressively. Path is more in-to-out, club head more open and behind her hands at P6, requiring more face rotation thru impact.

These are significant changes...especially considering her success with the prior move that had been grooved since early childhood. She never had a ton of speed, and that hasn't changed much, but she knew precisely where it was going. I've never seen a player with as much control thru the bag, especially those hybrids that she used like surgical instruments.

I dont know for certain that the changes are the cause of her drop off, but it's worth noting that other top players who have tried to make similar changes have also struggled. Not easy to change a natural fader of the ball into a drawer. Also worth noting is statistically she really hasn't added much (if any) distance, which I presume was a goal.

• Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @xxio said:

> > The only player in the top 10 who is not way above average off the tee is Inbee. That is from her previous success. I suspect a drop off even further unless she catches fire and matches these girls. Inbee is no longer always no1-2 threat when teeing up. The longer ladies are.

> >

> > Lexi and Ariya miss fairways but have short irons in.

> > Brook is only there because she has shorter clubs in. If she was average off the tee she would have even less birdie putts to miss.

> >

> > I am a Lydia, Inbee, JY fan in that order because I relate to their games more.

>

> Jin Young is not way above average. She's ranked 84th in driving distance, which is right at the median. Her game is very similar to Lydia, Stacy, Shanshan, and Jiyai when they were #1. Median distance off the tee with excellent accuracy, allowing for a very high percentage of greens in regulation. Add a hot putter and a good short game, and you have the recipe for #1 without crazy length off the tee.

>

I could be mistaken but driver for driver she was not that far behind SH Park but like mentioned in the JY thread, JY hits a lot of 3woods off the tee. At least she did in Evian when it wasn't so wet and in Woburn in the final round, that's why she was always behind Salas.

> @xxio said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @xxio said:

> > > The only player in the top 10 who is not way above average off the tee is Inbee. That is from her previous success. I suspect a drop off even further unless she catches fire and matches these girls. Inbee is no longer always no1-2 threat when teeing up. The longer ladies are.

> > >

> > > Lexi and Ariya miss fairways but have short irons in.

> > > Brook is only there because she has shorter clubs in. If she was average off the tee she would have even less birdie putts to miss.

> > >

> > > I am a Lydia, Inbee, JY fan in that order because I relate to their games more.

> >

> > Jin Young is not way above average. She's ranked 84th in driving distance, which is right at the median. Her game is very similar to Lydia, Stacy, Shanshan, and Jiyai when they were #1. Median distance off the tee with excellent accuracy, allowing for a very high percentage of greens in regulation. Add a hot putter and a good short game, and you have the recipe for #1 without crazy length off the tee.

> >

>

> I could be mistaken but driver for driver she was not that far behind SH Park but like mentioned in the JY thread, JY hits a lot of 3woods off the tee. At least she did in Evian when it wasn't so wet and in Woburn in the final round, that's why she was always behind Salas.

I'm looking at the season averages. She's squarely mid-pack.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

From Golf Channel today: “My advice would be look to take a break right now,” Leadbetter told New Zealand’s Radio Sport, per Reuters. “She doesn’t need to play for the rest of the year.

“Just get her head together, relax, get away from the game and rethink this whole thing.”

Ko, 22, has gone through a number of caddie, coach, swing and equipment changes in recent years, with Leadbetter calling it a "very sad situation."

He was not shy in directing blame.

“Her parents have a lot to answer for – a case of unbelievable ignorance,” he said. “They tell her when to go to bed, what to eat, what to wear, when to practice and what to practice. And they expect her to win every tournament.

“They need to let her go, let her fly, let her leave the nest so to speak and find her own way. If she can do that, we could see Lydia back.”

This is not the first time Leadbetter has been critical of the Ko camp. In April of last year, just 10 days before Ko's Mediheal win, he wrote a blog post on his own website calling Ko's father a "non-accomplished golfer" and likewise citing the myriad changes Ko had made as being detrimental to her career.

"It just goes to show, that not always is the grass greener on the other side of the hill!" he wrote.

• Like 1

Leadbetter... Personally I don't think he was the guy, the right choice etc. Who was the teacher that Wie had before him Robert Baker or something? I think that guy was good.

Lydia Ko did seem like she was destined for a long run but at the same time it's beginning to look like women's golf is resembling women's tennis with young players being at a world class level and sort of a fire and fall back phenomena. I haven't paid close attention but Seemingly for 15 years or more now? Maybe starting with Aree and Naree Wongluekiet(?) it seems to be a consistent pattern.

I really did love and respect Ko's game though I hope we see more great golf from her.

All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

> @LICC said:

> From Golf Channel today: “My advice would be look to take a break right now,” Leadbetter told New Zealand’s Radio Sport, per Reuters. “She doesn’t need to play for the rest of the year.

>

> “Just get her head together, relax, get away from the game and rethink this whole thing.”

>

> Ko, 22, has gone through a number of caddie, coach, swing and equipment changes in recent years, with Leadbetter calling it a "very sad situation."

>

> He was not shy in directing blame.

>

> “Her parents have a lot to answer for – a case of unbelievable ignorance,” he said. “They tell her when to go to bed, what to eat, what to wear, when to practice and what to practice. And they expect her to win every tournament.

>

> “They need to let her go, let her fly, let her leave the nest so to speak and find her own way. If she can do that, we could see Lydia back.”

>

> This is not the first time Leadbetter has been critical of the Ko camp. In April of last year, just 10 days before Ko's Mediheal win, he wrote a blog post on his own website calling Ko's father a "non-accomplished golfer" and likewise citing the myriad changes Ko had made as being detrimental to her career.

>

> "It just goes to show, that not always is the grass greener on the other side of the hill!" he wrote.

This is the problem without a doubt. Those in the know have been saying it about her and others for years. It's not hard to see if you look.

What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

• Like 1

> @Argonne69 said:

> All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

>

> Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

>

Changing caddies is one thing. Changing swing coaches as often as she has is a sign of a problem.

> @LICC said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

> >

> > Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

> >

>

> Changing caddies is one thing. Changing swing coaches as often as she has is a sign of a problem.

Yep, hard to be able to really "play" the game at the highest level when you cannot just trust the swing needed for a particular shot. Thanks to all of the different inputs she has had the last few years she is searching instead of trusting.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> I used to be able to identity Lydia from a distance by her profile.

>

> Then she lost a bunch of weight (or grew some height?) and became much lankier.

>

> That change seems to coincide with her decline. Maybe she needs to regain a few pounds, like Carl Pettersen did about a decade ago?

The change in her physical appearance may or may not coincide with her decline but it certainly does with her inability to 're-ascend. Had seen her on TV for a few years and in person once, but at last year's Founders in Phoenix she looked so different that I did not recognize her. The difference was so stark that time and time again I didn't recognize her. Someone said in another post that she has over 10,000,000 in winnings so motivation could play a part and maybe her parents have out "Wied the Wie's.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

> > >

> > > Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

> > >

> >

> > Changing caddies is one thing. Changing swing coaches as often as she has is a sign of a problem.

>

> Yep, hard to be able to really "play" the game at the highest level when you cannot just trust the swing needed for a particular shot. Thanks to all of the different inputs she has had the last few years she is searching instead of trusting.

Agreed. There are also quite a few high level players who have fallen off trying to change their ingrained (natural) pattern of hitting a fade, to hitting a draw. The technique is different, the feels are foreign, and sight lines on the course completely change. At the highest levels, all a really big deal.

I believe it's easier (and potentially more beneficial) for really good players to switch from being drawers of the ball to fading it than to go the other way around. I understand she was seeking distance, but I dont understand why they didnt just work on increasing speed rather than changing the entire swing pattern that made her such a prolific winner and accurate ball striker.

I dont really believe her weight loss and fitness is a contributor. Her swing is intentionally very different than it was when she was "automatic."

• Like 1

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @buckeyefl said:

> What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

>

> Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

So which LPGA players has DL worked with in the past 3 years, and how many wins do they have collectively? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm guessing I could count the wins on one hand.

Swing speed training should have been the first method to get her swing speed up. That being said Mickelson achieved that and has drastically fallen off this year statistically so there has to be a balance.

Kinda goes back to the 2000ish Tiger swing and that he changed. He can claim his left knee couldn’t handle it but I think we all know that is bs. He like Lydia changed their swing to “improve” it when you had no rivals??‍♂️

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> >

> > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

>

> So which LPGA players has DL worked with in the past 3 years, and how many wins do they have collectively? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm guessing I could count the wins on one hand.

>

Which is more wins than how many players? How many winners have you or any number of big named instructors taught? I'm guessing I can count those on no hands.

Instructors don't hit shots so your criteria are severely flawed. At one time or another I've helped players ( players who had other instructors) that had or went on to have tour wins. Does that make me a great teacher? Are you or have you ever been an instructor? Please share the depth of your knowledge base so we can see where you are coming from when you critique people with decades of tour experience and a lot of success in the field.

Im no DL fanboy but I do know him, have had a lot of conversations with him, sat in on lessons with him and knew quite a few of his players and he sometimes gets a bad rap and sometimes its not deserved. Other times it is. Lydia and Michelle are not those cases.

Inquiring minds can keep frequenting message boards and standing behind ropes until they finally decide to get into the arena and find out what its really like for players and coaches.

• Like 1

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> > >

> > > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

> >

> > So which LPGA players has DL worked with in the past 3 years, and how many wins do they have collectively? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm guessing I could count the wins on one hand.

> >

>

> Which is more wins than how many players? How many winners have you or any number of big named instructors taught? I'm guessing I can count those on no hands.

>

>

> Instructors don't hit shots so your criteria are severely flawed. At one time or another I've helped players ( players who had other instructors) that had or went on to have tour wins. Does that make me a great teacher? Are you or have you ever been an instructor? Please share the depth of your knowledge base so we can see where you are coming from when you critique people with decades of tour experience and a lot of success in the field.

>

> Im no DL fanboy but I do know him, have had a lot of conversations with him, sat in on lessons with him and knew quite a few of his players and he sometimes gets a bad rap and sometimes its not deserved. Other times it is. Lydia and Michelle are not those cases.

Let's see. Sei Young Kim has 4 wins in the past 3 years. Sung Hyun has 7 wins in the past 3 years. Brooke has six wins in the past 3 years. Jin Young Ko has 5 wins in the past 3 years.

Each of these players has more individual wins than LD's students combined.

Is it DL's fault that Lydia's game went south? No. However, her game certainly didn't get any better. Personally, I don't know why a top level pro would seek out a swing coach. They manage to get to the top of the world, and then they go any screw it up. Lydia is certainly not the only one to do it, and DL is certainly not the only well known coach to be involved in a tailspin.

• Like 1

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> > > >

> > > > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

> > >

> > > So which LPGA players has DL worked with in the past 3 years, and how many wins do they have collectively? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm guessing I could count the wins on one hand.

> > >

> >

> > Which is more wins than how many players? How many winners have you or any number of big named instructors taught? I'm guessing I can count those on no hands.

> >

> >

> > Instructors don't hit shots so your criteria are severely flawed. At one time or another I've helped players ( players who had other instructors) that had or went on to have tour wins. Does that make me a great teacher? Are you or have you ever been an instructor? Please share the depth of your knowledge base so we can see where you are coming from when you critique people with decades of tour experience and a lot of success in the field.

> >

> > Im no DL fanboy but I do know him, have had a lot of conversations with him, sat in on lessons with him and knew quite a few of his players and he sometimes gets a bad rap and sometimes its not deserved. Other times it is. Lydia and Michelle are not those cases.

>

> Let's see. Sei Young Kim has 4 wins in the past 3 years. Sung Hyun has 7 wins in the past 3 years. Brooke has six wins in the past 3 years. Jin Young Ko has 5 wins in the past 3 years.

>

> Each of these players has more individual wins than LD's students combined.

>

> Is it DL's fault that Lydia's game went south? No. However, her game certainly didn't get any better. Personally, I don't know why a top level pro would seek out a swing coach. They manage to get to the top of the world, and then they go any screw it up. Lydia is certainly not the only one to do it, and DL is certainly not the only well known coach to be involved in a tailspin.

____ Let's see. Sei Young Kim has 4 wins in the past 3 years. Sung Hyun has 7 wins in the past 3 years. Brooke has six wins in the past 3 years. Jin Young Ko has 5 wins in the past 3 years.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Again its happened in the past and doesnt matter who name you use, if you have interfering parents or a player who listend to anyone and tries anything then there is going to be a downswing that is sometimes epic. Ask any neighborhood pro and they can tell you similar stories.

Theres also this, "Her former coach, David Leadbetter, has come forward with his side of the story. The renowned instructor (and member of GOLF’s Top 100 Teachers in America Hall of Fame) worked with Ko from Nov. 2013-Dec. 2016 and was dropped as part of Ko’s purge. Ko had experienced a lot of success during their time together: she won the LPGA Rookie of the Year and became the youngest-ever world No. 1, a spot she held for 84 weeks."

They seek them out for various reasons but many times one of those reasons is because mommy and daddy who know nothing of competitive golf decide their child needs to hit farther, closer more often and make more money. The question with Lydia is why in the world would you screw with the formula? Parents are the problem, not a single coach of which shes had several along with caddies and who knows what else. I feel sorry for her.

Leadbetter also writes that Ko had been burning out in late 2016, and that her father pushed for a coaching change.

“She had a very busy schedule in 2016, including the Rio Olympics. Unfortunately, in our opinion, Lydia’s schedule was such that a lot of fatigue and tiredness had set in. Somehow through it all, she managed to win a silver medal, despite the fact that she was physically and mentally exhausted – a classic symptom of burnout.

“Along with all of this, her father, a non-accomplished golfer, heard rumors that she needed to change her swing and made suggestions to Lydia to change it – independently of her coaches.

“In this day and age, we have ways of measuring energy output in the swing. In the last quarter of the year, she had lost 20% of her energy which could only mean one thing – complete fatigue. Unfortunately, to the unknowledgeable, this can be misconstrued as experiencing swing issues. Well, you will have swing issues when you’re too fatigued to workout, practice, and are mentally drained. At the end of the year, she and her “team” decided that even though she had won five tournaments including a Major earlier in the year, that they wanted to move on.”

Leadbetter closes by wishing Ko the best, but takes a pessimistic view on her future playing career.

“Lydia is a great young lady, we only wish the best for her. We honestly felt that if the decision was left entirely up to her, that she would still be with us.

Lydia can certainly win more tournaments, even Majors, but there’s no possible way that she can play better than she played for those first three years. It just goes to show, that not always is the grass greener on the other side of the hill!”

So, in summary, LD gets credit for Lydia's success, but any failure is 100% on the parents. Got it.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

> > >

> > > Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

> > >

> >

> > Changing caddies is one thing. Changing swing coaches as often as she has is a sign of a problem.

>

> Yep, hard to be able to really "play" the game at the highest level when you cannot just trust the swing needed for a particular shot. Thanks to all of the different inputs she has had the last few years she is searching instead of trusting.

Maybe John Daly was right - stick with the swing that got you there. The same problem might be at the top of Jordan Spieth's decline.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @gvogel said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > All this focus on equipment, caddies, and coaches. A lot of top players on the LPGA have changed each of them. Sung Hyun is on her 3rd or 4th caddie in 2.5 years. She changed equipment when she came to the LPGA. Jin Young switched caddies late last season, and she's now #1 in the World.

> > > >

> > > > Hey, Leadbetter, in 3 years working with Lydia, how many yards did she gain off the tee? Oh yeah, that's right, she lost distance. And accuracy. Many of the top players appear to have gained 10+ yds in the past few years, so it must be possible, no? How many wins on the LPGA do your students have in the past 3 years? One? Seriously, STFU already.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Changing caddies is one thing. Changing swing coaches as often as she has is a sign of a problem.

> >

> > Yep, hard to be able to really "play" the game at the highest level when you cannot just trust the swing needed for a particular shot. Thanks to all of the different inputs she has had the last few years she is searching instead of trusting.

>

> Maybe John Daly was right - stick with the swing that got you there. The same problem might be at the top of Jordan Spieth's decline.

Didn't Mr Palmer say it earlier, "Swing your swing"?

Given that LK has been a celebrity since she was a child, has lived in a bubble managed by her parents and managers, I question that she has the self-awareness to sit back and consider her path. To Argonne's point, if DL has had anything to do with that thing MW is trying to play with, he needs to turn in his "Teacher to the Stars" badge and get a job on a grounds crew.

> @farmer said:

> Given that LK has been a celebrity since she was a child, has lived in a bubble managed by her parents and managers, I question that she has the self-awareness to sit back and consider her path. To Argonne's point, if DL has had anything to do with that thing MW is trying to play with, he needs to turn in his "Teacher to the Stars" badge and get a job on a grounds crew.

OK, accept for a moment that Lydia and Michelle were messed up by their parents. Fine, that's why I asked about DL's other students. Surely not every single one of his professional students is so effected. Who else has won tournaments with his guiding hand? He's a Top 100 instructor for goodness sake. He has to have dozens of other success stories, no?

> @buckeyefl said:

> What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

>

> Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

@buckeyefl , I have no beef with DL. In fact I think he's incredibly knowledgeable and a great instructor. The question begs though, why the radical change in her golf swing? Was this his idea/plan or do you think the parents pushed a particular agenda that he was compelled to implement.?

• Like 1

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> >

> > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

>

> @buckeyefl , I have no beef with DL. In fact I think he's incredibly knowledgeable and a great instructor. The question begs though, why the radical change in her golf swing? Was this his idea/plan or do you think the parents pushed a particular agenda that he was compelled to implement.?

How could he be compelled to implement it?! If the swing was being pushed by her parents, he could have simply said, "No. That swing won't work."

It's clear that Lydia was using the A swing early in her time with DL. That's his baby.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @dpb5031 said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> > >

> > > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

> >

> > @buckeyefl , I have no beef with DL. In fact I think he's incredibly knowledgeable and a great instructor. The question begs though, why the radical change in her golf swing? Was this his idea/plan or do you think the parents pushed a particular agenda that he was compelled to implement.?

>

> How could he be compelled to implement it?! If the swing was being pushed by her parents, he could have simply said, "No. That swing won't work."

>

> It's clear that Lydia was using the A swing early in her time with DL. That's his baby.

I'll let you figure that out.

Heres a hint

$$$

What were he accomplishments while with DL?

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @dpb5031 said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > What some of the DL might want to look into is what happens off of the tee. You can't teach someone a new skill when they have an unskilled know it all in the players other ear. It happens with Lydia, it happened with Michelle Wie. There's the problem, not a particular instructor.

> > > >

> > > > Specifically about DL, some if the haters would fall off of their chairs if they knew who he's worked with behind the scenes over the years. But if course everyone here is an expert in every facet of the game.

> > >

> > > @buckeyefl , I have no beef with DL. In fact I think he's incredibly knowledgeable and a great instructor. The question begs though, why the radical change in her golf swing? Was this his idea/plan or do you think the parents pushed a particular agenda that he was compelled to implement.?

> >

> > How could he be compelled to implement it?! If the swing was being pushed by her parents, he could have simply said, "No. That swing won't work."

> >

> > It's clear that Lydia was using the A swing early in her time with DL. That's his baby.

>

> I'll let you figure that out.

>

> Heres a hint

>

> $$$

So you're saying he's unethical. He'll teach something he doesn't believe in to make a buck. 'Wouldn't say you're wrong.

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> >

>

> @buckeyefl , I have no beef with DL. In fact I think he's incredibly knowledgeable and a great instructor. The question begs though, why the radical change in her golf swing? Was this his idea/plan or do you think the parents pushed a particular agenda that he was compelled to implement.?

It wouldn't be the first time.

It wouldn't be the first time someone did something for $$$ either.

Ill default to the most logical and time-proven theory and say yes I think her parents are behind this and most

everything negative in her life. The article today is nothing new and quite revealing to those that dont know just how bad some parents, the Korean ones especially, can be. Its sad and I fear one of these days a player will end it all over her golf career. Yes it is that bad.

As to your question I am going to guess you are aware of what MW's dad used to do after her lessons and sadly during them. There's a reason she's in the position she's in and that includes the injuries.

• Like 1