G410 plus vs g410 lst

pingpro62

I hit both, but with different shafts and currently play the Ping G410 lst. 

The stock G410 plus with the tour 75X and the G410 lst had a stock Tensei orange 75 shaft. Both were 9* set at 7.5*

The G410 plus was 21-2400 rpm

The G410 lst was at 1800-2100 rpm

Launch angle was about the same on both at 15.5-16* 

Ball speed was about the same at 166-167

I had great numbers with the Tensei, but hated the feel. I only ordered it with the Tensei shaft because I had a ping tour 65x at home off of my ping G30 LS tec. I since sold the tensei shaft and put in Aldila copper Xtorsion TX 60, tipped it 1 inch and added a 6 gram heavier head weight. 

I find that what was mentioned about the G410 plus and G400 lst being the same spin rate to hold true for the most part. I think the G400 lst is more in between the plus and LST.  I hit a G400 (although it was set at 8* not 7.5* like the others)with a Ping tour 75x shaft and I got almost identical numbers as the plus minus 100 rpms

I don’t know about the G410+ but with the G410 LST if I hit it way high on the face I lose 7-8 mph Ball speed and my spin rate drops down to 1100-1200.

The 410 lst is the best feeling driver I’ve hit....... and the worst. I played with the settings just to see how much it would shape the shot, and it felt absolutely awful. I lofted up and put it in draw to try to hit some big sweeping draws and it felt terrible. I checked the face to see if it was cracked, then I thought I didn’t have the weight in proper or had not tightened the sleeve properly...... absolutely terrible . 

The 410 plus works better than the LST if you are moving the weight.  Whenever I moved the weights on the LST like the poster above nothing felt good about it.  Can't really put my finger on it.  I am a toe striker and normally have any moveable weights out on the toe.

With the 410+ on the toe or middle vs the LST with the weight in the middle I found the LST to spin less by 500 RPM (Average).  Great strikes were about 300 RPM difference.  Another weird thing was with the same shaft (and with other shafts as well) my dispersion was better with the 410 LST.  I hate the left side of the golf course as well and I think the face appearing (to me) to be closed on the 410+ unless in the big minus was part of that.  I could not get the spin and launch I wanted in the big minus either.

In short I played the G400 Max before, and after a short stint with the SIM, I am into and loving (5+ months now) the G410 LST.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Alright ping aficionados, talk me into or out of a g410. Long post but bear with me. Havent played a ping since the g5, great driver, one of my all time favorites.  After 10 years away from the game i came back 2 years ago and slowly updated my golf bag. Being a little budget conscious i fell into the mizuno lineup of drivers-great clubs, but Im now realizing it may not be the best fit for me.

I have played pretty good golf this year, but i am just missing too many fairways and i cant help but think its holding me back a bit.  I feel like my bag 3w-putter couldnt be any better and they do the job and do it well. My natural shot seems to be a baby draw. However, with my current st190, im constantly fighting the left side. The common flight is a ball that starts at target or slightly (5-10 yards left) and turns over another 15-30 yards. Some days it’s manageable, others not so much. I went down the shaft rabbit hole to just realize it was barely effecting the flight, and  it was just about feel, loading, unloading, balance and ball striking. I did settle on a profile that works best for me, and currently in a motore vc tour spec 7.3x.

I got to thinking of some fade biased heads/flatter lies and moveable weights and if thats something that could benefit me. After looking at another websites cog data, i now see the st190 is indeed draw biased, with cg 2mm heelside and a lie angle of 58.5-60.5.

so whats next-

SIM?- Bit polarizing on here, some say anti left, but i just see toe shots not gearing back. I do think its nuetral for the most part, but pretty low spin. Great looks in sound but higher in price(while im not as budget conscious as i was, im still always looking for a deal ?

mavrik/EF- all of these heads seem to have some draw bias, the sz is a little more neutral but again low spin. Very interested in the triple diamond drivers, but wish they has the sliding weight of the EF and the sound of the mavrik- and price is high as well for these. Not to mention the colorways are just ? 

titleist ts3/tsi3

ts3 is draw biased even with weight configured to be fade. Not crazy about looks and sound, but the tsi3 looks amazing and am very intrigued but im not gonna drop 6 hundo, so ill have to pass.

ping g410/lst

this seems like what i may be needing. High moi and heavily fade biased with cog as much as 4 mm toeside. Fairly flat lie angle. Sound is good not great imo. Dont love the turbulaters but it isnt a dealbreaker. Price is decent, but with the release of the g425 soon, it could be a steal.

last, i could stick with mizuno, like an st200g. While it checks ALOT of boxes, flat lie, looks great, fade biased, i cant help but think its going to be much less spin, much less moi than the ping and would net in probably extra yards but less fairways...

im averaging 292 this year so, i should be ok with a few yards less if it means more fairways.

so. G410 lst? Lets hear it.. i know these heads are heavy and like counterbalanced shafts. Would my vc be ok it? Is there a similar cb alternative? How does it handle wind? Being a little higher spin has me a touch concerned as i play windy conditions often. Thanks for reading!

I don’t move the ball much, but I do slightly draw the ball where I’m accustomed to aim down the right middle, and if it draws..... fine, if not, that’s fine too. 

I could not turn the SIM over right to left at all. I had to set up for a fade which was uncomfortable, I feared a double cross or pull, but found I could consistently fade the ball with my usual straight drive swing that will sometimes turn over a few yards (maybe 5) left. The SIM I would aim down the left side and it would fade ten yards right and I never lost it left. Very consistent. Only Driver I’ve ever hit that didn’t draw or go straight . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Way low spin..... too low spin for me. I had to loft up.  I’d probably get better results out of the SIM max honestly. 

The Alta CB shaft in the Ping gave me higher launch/spin numbers than the Ping tour 75x and the Tensei Orange 75x by a couple hundred RPM’s and 1.5 degrees of launch in the Ping G410+ . I didn’t hit the Alta in the LST.  

If I miss the Driver, I miss on the toe a bit (1/2 a ball or so) and the LST gives me the same numbers without loss. 

After playing the Ping G400 Max with Kuro Kage shaft for the past couple of years was fitted with the G410LST to bring my spin rate down.

After 20 rounds with the LST with Tensei Orange shaft I am just not consistent enough with that head although I have hit some of my longest drives with it I have also hit some knuckle balls.

Tried a friends Plus yesterday with my PX Evenflow Blue shaft and I couldnt miss a fairway and with good distance. Planning on trading my LST head or selling it and going with the Plus. I need the higher launch of the Plus

Ping G430 Max 10K w Alta 55

Ping G430 5 wood w PD-70

Ping G425 7 wood w Slay 55

Ping G430 9 wood w Speeder EVO6

Ping G430 6 Hybrid w PX Red Smoke
Srixon ZX5 6-PW w Recoil 660

Vokey SM8 50.12 F Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey SM10 56.12 D Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey Wedgeworks 60.08 K Grind w Recoil 95

Odyssey Jailbird

34 minutes ago, tagermo said:

After playing the Ping G400 Max with Kuro Kage shaft for the past couple of years was fitted with the G410LST to bring my spin rate down.

After 20 rounds with the LST with Tensei Orange shaft I am just not consistent enough with that head although I have hit some of my longest drives with it I have also hit some knuckle balls.

Tried a friends Plus yesterday with my PX Evenflow Blue shaft and I couldnt miss a fairway and with good distance. Planning on trading my LST head or selling it and going with the Plus. I need the higher launch of the Plus

What is your speed/launch spin? Oh yea, boomer!

Alright, got some answers to my post if anyone cares.. went to range today, hit a bunch of drivers-to find my swing and then hit the stores up to test. I found my groove with my st190 set to 7.5* with an atmos black tour spec 7x.  

First box store- guy in the ping booth hitting, taylormade booth empty. Walk up and find a non max SIM 8* head with a rogue 110 x flex. Oooo ok gonna be tough to hit, because i have heard how low spin this head is. First ball was a low BULLET, carried 310 and rolled out to 340... wtf...next one... again... ok somethings weird here. My ball speeds were only about 160-162, launching at app 10 degrees with 1500-1800 spin... mmm someones messed with the settings...ha, oh well, hit a few more and moved on.

To the ping booth. Im about to rant. They had ONE ping head. A 10.5 plus. Looked through every shaft option, all 50 gram regualar stuff... sheesh. No one came to help. Alright whatever ill hit a few but not expecting much. The shaft that was in was the ping “tour” or whatever, regular flex. I actually didnt hit it that bad. Suprised that it was still launching relatively low. Spin was definitely up, around 2700-2800 on average. Ball speeds were slightly lower than the sim, maybe a mph or two, but thats prob a loft difference. My distance was a not the greatest, carrying around 270. Then found 3 cracked balls in the bay, and i was out. Ridiculous. How do they sell anything like this. Guess with covid it dont matter, clubs flying off the rack like crazy.

Went to the next store, a little more friendly to the better player. Sign on front about being a top ping fitter... awesome... Immediately asked about a 410 lst. None. He kinda shrugged and said alot of stuff is sold out. Mkay. Eyed a Mizuno st200g, had a diamana limited x. So went to hit it. Very familiar to my st190. A bit louder, but good looking head. Launch and spin were great. My ball speeds were about 159-162 on average topping out with a pretty hard swing and getting 163. Spin around 2400 which is within my window im going for. Disperson was ok, not great but something about just told me im missing something with this head. 

Picked up a sim max. Hit it good, but spin and launch was just too high. Like 14* with 2800-3000 spin. 

grabbed a sim non max. 10.5 head with riptide 70g x. Really good. First shot effortlessly got me 164 ball speed, higher than my fastest with the mizuno. Spin was around 2400-2500  on average with 13 degrees of launch. Really close. Adjusted loft down a degree and... here we go. 2100 spin, 12 launch. 165 ball speed. Was leaking just a tad left though. Moved weight in toe, and goodnight sally. Just perfect bombs, baby 5 yard cuts. My last shot was this:

C50919C6-69F2-4BB3-9DE5-B25D050137E1.jpeg.bc5ecda65aa0bd12bd302ad24b1ebddb.jpeg
303 carry! Not bad. I think its gonna be sim for me. Guess ping lost an opportunity for a sale. Not sure it would have beat out the SIM regardless. Mizuno... has taken a step back in my opinion from the st190 to the st200- ball speed wise. Guess ill wait until January for SIM prices to fall. ?

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2

I can't recall the actual spin number difference, but the LST is an average of 9 yards longer for me and 17 yards longer for me on best strikes.  I tested both for a while with the same shaft and set up. 

i had similar results with the G400 Max and G400 LST. The LST version is just absolutely perfect for me. 

On 9/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, Red4282 said:

Alright, got some answers to my post if anyone cares.. went to range today, hit a bunch of drivers-to find my swing and then hit the stores up to test. I found my groove with my st190 set to 7.5* with an atmos black tour spec 7x.  

First box store- guy in the ping booth hitting, taylormade booth empty. Walk up and find a non max SIM 8* head with a rogue 110 x flex. Oooo ok gonna be tough to hit, because i have heard how low spin this head is. First ball was a low BULLET, carried 310 and rolled out to 340... wtf...next one... again... ok somethings weird here. My ball speeds were only about 160-162, launching at app 10 degrees with 1500-1800 spin... mmm someones messed with the settings...ha, oh well, hit a few more and moved on.

To the ping booth. Im about to rant. They had ONE ping head. A 10.5 plus. Looked through every shaft option, all 50 gram regualar stuff... sheesh. No one came to help. Alright whatever ill hit a few but not expecting much. The shaft that was in was the ping “tour” or whatever, regular flex. I actually didnt hit it that bad. Suprised that it was still launching relatively low. Spin was definitely up, around 2700-2800 on average. Ball speeds were slightly lower than the sim, maybe a mph or two, but thats prob a loft difference. My distance was a not the greatest, carrying around 270. Then found 3 cracked balls in the bay, and i was out. Ridiculous. How do they sell anything like this. Guess with covid it dont matter, clubs flying off the rack like crazy.

Went to the next store, a little more friendly to the better player. Sign on front about being a top ping fitter... awesome... Immediately asked about a 410 lst. None. He kinda shrugged and said alot of stuff is sold out. Mkay. Eyed a Mizuno st200g, had a diamana limited x. So went to hit it. Very familiar to my st190. A bit louder, but good looking head. Launch and spin were great. My ball speeds were about 159-162 on average topping out with a pretty hard swing and getting 163. Spin around 2400 which is within my window im going for. Disperson was ok, not great but something about just told me im missing something with this head. 

Picked up a sim max. Hit it good, but spin and launch was just too high. Like 14* with 2800-3000 spin. 

grabbed a sim non max. 10.5 head with riptide 70g x. Really good. First shot effortlessly got me 164 ball speed, higher than my fastest with the mizuno. Spin was around 2400-2500  on average with 13 degrees of launch. Really close. Adjusted loft down a degree and... here we go. 2100 spin, 12 launch. 165 ball speed. Was leaking just a tad left though. Moved weight in toe, and goodnight sally. Just perfect bombs, baby 5 yard cuts. My last shot was this:

303 carry! Not bad. I think its gonna be sim for me. Guess ping lost an opportunity for a sale. Not sure it would have beat out the SIM regardless. Mizuno... has taken a step back in my opinion from the st190 to the st200- ball speed wise. Guess ill wait until January for SIM prices to fall. ?

With those numbers, never let that Sim go. Those are perfect. 

Edited by Benkross

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Anyone know the headweight of their 410 without the adpater and a 12g weight in it?  Mine is right at 205g... does that sound right without any aftermarket modifications?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

54 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

Anyone know the headweight of their 410 without the adpater and a 12g weight in it?  Mine is right at 205g... does that sound right without any aftermarket modifications?

My LST has hotmelt and is 210g, I think. I have never touched the weight so no idea what it is.  I play mine at 44.75 inches and D4 with a Tensei Orange Pro(counter balanced)

• Thanks 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

On 9/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, Red4282 said:

I'm not so much in the market for a new driver. But wanted to thank you for posting your LM data. People think Bryson carrying the ball 305 yards is some feat that cannot be done.

How much do you have to work out to do this? (And not rip your bod to shreds, so people know.)

13 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

My LST has hotmelt and is 210g, I think. I have never touched the weight so no idea what it is.  I play mine at 44.75 inches and D4 with a Tensei Orange Pro(counter balanced)

It's going to vary for sure- PING lists the stock spec as 208g, but I got a used head and it weighed 204g. Works out well because the sound is a little loud and I am going to add some melt to get it up to that range.

Testing the Atmos Black as a shorter, standard balance point option and have an Evo II on the way to try out a CB option. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

52 minutes ago, blueonblack said:

I'm not so much in the market for a new driver. But wanted to thank you for posting your LM data. People think Bryson carrying the ball 305 yards is some feat that cannot be done.

How much do you have to work out to do this? (And not rip your bod to shreds, so people know.)

Haha, not much working out, really.. Ive been naturally gifted with a 6’4” body frame and always was pretty athletic so it comes a bit natural- think ernie els, cause it sure doesn't look fast. Im getting a bit older and even i have trouble keeping up with these bombers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Mine is 205.5 w 2g of hotmelt. Granted my scale may be off by a gram. So it was 203.5 stock without the adapter. G410 LST 9* head. 

PXL_20200929_232113749.jpg

• Thanks 1

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

On 12/28/2019 at 11:41 PM, Kale_m said:

Shaft won’t change much. Get a 9* head

I don’t know....

I’ve got the LST 9* and tried several shafts. Some expensive some not but had settled on an Aldila next gen NV. Dispersion was not bad but not great and was still a little spinny. Enter a Hzardus Green. I’ve got the 70 stiff but I hear the TX version is a different animal. The shaft is surprisingly smooth and it checks all my boxes a little better. You would do yourself a favor to try one in my opinion with your past shafts. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:51 PM, Drivingrangehero said:

I don’t move the ball much, but I do slightly draw the ball where I’m accustomed to aim down the right middle, and if it draws..... fine, if not, that’s fine too. 

I could not turn the SIM over right to left at all. I had to set up for a fade which was uncomfortable, I feared a double cross or pull, but found I could consistently fade the ball with my usual straight drive swing that will sometimes turn over a few yards (maybe 5) left. The SIM I would aim down the left side and it would fade ten yards right and I never lost it left. Very consistent. Only Driver I’ve ever hit that didn’t draw or go straight . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Way low spin..... too low spin for me. I had to loft up.  I’d probably get better results out of the SIM max honestly. 

The Alta CB shaft in the Ping gave me higher launch/spin numbers than the Ping tour 75x and the Tensei Orange 75x by a couple hundred RPM’s and 1.5 degrees of launch in the Ping G410+ . I didn’t hit the Alta in the LST.  

If I miss the Driver, I miss on the toe a bit (1/2 a ball or so) and the LST gives me the same numbers without loss. 

Amazing how different golfers have different results.  The G400 Max was my all-time favorite driver  It was a fairway finding machine.  I stupidly sold it and was on a driver hunt all year.

I got the G400LST with the Orange Tensei and it is absolute magic.   My miss had been a hook or block.  I cannot hook to this club to save my life.  Most balls are dead straight.  If I put my foot in it, I get a mild pull slice.  I've only played 54 holes with it, but it is 'almost' as good as the G400 Max.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

7 hours ago, mantan said:

Amazing how different golfers have different results.  The G400 Max was my all-time favorite driver  It was a fairway finding machine.  I stupidly sold it and was on a driver hunt all year.

I got the G400LST with the Orange Tensei and it is absolute magic.   My miss had been a hook or block.  I cannot hook to this club to save my life.  Most balls are dead straight.  If I put my foot in it, I get a mild pull slice.  I've only played 54 holes with it, but it is 'almost' as good as the G400 Max.

The Tensei was giving me good numbers. In fact, much like you, my miss is a hook. I found the Tensei to be very straight.  It felt heavy and it felt DEAD to me. I dropped it due to feel, not numbers. I couldn’t feel any load, or kick, just dead. The feedback from feel just wasn’t there for me. Maybe the weight was wrong and I should have bought the 60 instead of the 70x Tensei, because I bought 2 Aldila’s and prefer the 60TX over the 70TX even though the difference in weight in them is 3 grams (67 and 70), but the torque is different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I replaced the TO with an Aldila Xtorsion Copper 60TX which I purchased for the same money I sold the Tensei for $85.  I love the Xtorsion Copper. I have a 60TX and 70TX. I tipped the 60TX 1 inch and added a head weight that is 6 grams heavier than the one that came in it originally. It gives me optimum numbers, with amazing feel. I’ve never been so good off the tee in my entire life. 

Glad the TO fits your needs. If the feel was there for me, it would have checked all boxes honestly.

• Like 1