New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

Anyone who starts their ball to the right with driver having trouble hitting a draw? 

I typically draw irons and driver. Irons show the normal right to left ball flight, but since the .20 update, my driver (and longer irons) starts right and keeps going right. The only way I get left spin on the ball is if I start the ball left. This also seems exacerbated if it’s a toe shot. Most toe shots on the course draw even more for me. 

6 hours ago, castrell said:

Anyone who starts their ball to the right with driver having trouble hitting a draw? 

I typically draw irons and driver. Irons show the normal right to left ball flight, but since the .20 update, my driver (and longer irons) starts right and keeps going right. The only way I get left spin on the ball is if I start the ball left. This also seems exacerbated if it’s a toe shot. Most toe shots on the course draw even more for me. 

Yep!

57 minutes ago, Sukh said:

What light source are people using?  LED? 

I’ve often wondered if my lighting was affecting some of my data points. My basement lighting is bright, but has a warmer color to it. Anyone know/think if I just got an led stand and used it to light the immediate ball area if that would suffice?

15 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

The answer to this is Spend $20,000 If you need to know you bought a Rolex/TM/GC Quad to tell time. My Casio and my Invicta watches do what a Rolex does and I dont care what people think I Iook like, when my Income well exceeds my expenses. I have a fully loaded IRA, Investment account, 529's for kids, Home and investment properties.  I dont care that I have a Rolex hanging on my wrist.

The real question that you should be asking is,  does your environment work for the GCquad (camera based) better or the TM (Radar based).  Or going cheaper and saying a Radar/Mevo+ or a Skytrack/Camera.  If not buck up, there are the BLP/GC3 and as mentioned the Uneekor Mini Eye.

But accuracy comes at a cost.  You lost me at a Rolex as a Rolex is a watch that tells time THATS IT, you dont get to time faster or slower with a Watch.... Its also an investment tool if you can afford it, and have that taste  but thats it,  Its superficial rather than applicable.  The better correlation is the Car analogy.  They both get you to point A to B, but one can get you there faster and at a better performance.  But do you need to spend 10 to 20times more for that same destination.

I will say it again, SC100 is FABULOUS at reading ball speed as a $150 Radar unit. I would venture to put it up against a TM in measuring ballspeed and say its well within 5% at worst range.  ES14/ESB1 is $500 and again I would put it up against a TM and say WELL within a 5% variance at worst.  The units are Capable as it uses the same Doppler system, what makes the difference is the hardware/software that is greatly improved as you move up in the quality/pricing.   

The Mevo+ does what it says it can do....  In equal environments hardware to hardware, I bet they would perform equal, just the data that is spit out is different.

To use your car analogy how can it get you from A to B if its giving you wrong directions???

If I get a mevo and it tells me my AofA is -8 and I didnt know this was the equivalent to -4 on Trackman I might destroy my swing trying to shallow it out.  Same for any parameter such as path or spin rates.

If it isnt accurate its pointless regardless of how ''cheap'' it is.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, castrell said:

That's one of the things that stuck out straight away when I tried to hit driver.  I hit a draw in real life, with my miss being a push that doesn't turn, but everything was registering with a decently tilted right spin axis resulting in slices.  It was so off, I haven't bothered to hit driver since.  I didn't buy the unit with the intention of practicing driver indoors, so it's not a big deal to me.  I bought it to practice wedges and irons, which it has been great for.

2 hours ago, Sukh said:

What light source are people using?  LED? 

I'm in a garage that is 1-story height at the entrance, and 2-story height where it meets the house.  I have 2 of these illuminating the space.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-2-ft-400-Watt-Equivalent-Integrated-LED-Dimmable-White-High-Bay-Light-High-Output-18-000-Lumens-5000K-Daylight-50232191/313258650

1 hour ago, Trap Junior said:

To use your car analogy how can it get you from A to B if its giving you wrong directions???

If I get a mevo and it tells me my AofA is -8 and I didnt know this was the equivalent to -4 on Trackman I might destroy my swing trying to shallow it out.  Same for any parameter such as path or spin rates.

For AoA in particular and assuming a good set up M+ is not wrong it is simply calculated different from TM. M+ consistently measures higher AoA since it measures at first touch vs full compression. Since there is no standard way to measure it is up to the user to educate themselves about how the unit does it. 

The same argument could be made against TM. If TM is telling your AoA is shallow but in actuality your pre impact AoA is 4 degrees steeper isn’t that good info to have? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

For AoA in particular and assuming a good set up M+ is not wrong it is simply calculated different from TM. M+ consistently measures higher AoA since it measures at first touch vs full compression. Since there is no standard way to measure it is up to the user to educate themselves about how the unit does it. 

The same argument could be made against TM. If TM is telling your AoA is shallow but in actuality your pre impact AoA is 4 degrees steeper isn’t that good info to have? 

Trackman is the gold standard and market leader. Why on earth would you measure it differently from them? Rightly or wrongly that's the baseline measurement. 

What about AoA with driver?

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

Trackman is the gold standard and market leader. Why on earth would you measure it differently from them? Rightly or wrongly that's the baseline measurement. 

What about AoA with driver?

It’s a philosophy thing. Why would you measure club data after it is being influenced by impact? That is Flightscope’s opinion and TBH makes sense to me. 

AoA with driver should be more similar since there is no/ very little ground contact. Still TM is measuring later so if anything their AoA should be more up assuming a positive AoA swing compared to FS. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trap Junior said:

And if you didnt take the time to understand that Mevo+ Measure differently than the TM and that is why the numbers differ so much,  Who's Fault is it.

The system works it just measure different. YOU CHOSE to assume TM is the market standard and the only True data to accept.  NOW, I do NOT deny the environment and other factors DO makes the Mevo less accurate for some, Its not for everyone.

Its no different than a guy Buying a car and not reading the instruction manual to understand what the buttons are.  

Your analogy makes me laugh a little, (I am not trying to get into a heated debate, but the frustration I feel is not warranted due to over expectation, PS I am making a another post to clarify my position, so jump in on that one as well)

BACK to the car thing, its like getting in a Euro Car with Kilometers per hour vs an American car with Miles per Hour, when a cop pulls you over for going over the speed limit, or "Under" with a KPH dash,  cause it said 30KPH (18mph) and you said I was going speed limit when the sign says 30mph.... Whos fault is that, the manufacture that put the KPH dash....Or you not know the measuring data is different.

Its not giving you the "Wrong" Direction.  And secondly if you cant see that you are going the wrong direction, (Data is really bad for some odd reason) Again whos fault.  

Going to my other post.

Edited by Exactice808

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

OMG! I HATE MEVO+ Its terrible, this thing is HORRIBLY Inaccurate, what is wrong with this thing, the Firmware screwed this up, blah blah blah........... *Sarcasm*

Yes, The apps have some updating to do, Enjoy this,

I am officially a beast and there is no denying this and no one can argue with me.......312y total.... I belong on the PGA tour

image.png.bd23ba9f20731ca08b0b904de82da4a6.png

151mph ball speed with 286.54 carry and 312.05 total.... Yeah no....

This shot though I would say is my prime launch window,

151mph ball speed 13.74* LA, 2447rpms of spin.  this distance in real life would be about 250 carry and 260 total.

Not sure what happened with the E6 app or whatever but was getting some INSANE distance numbers.  The weird part is the roll its, 30+y of roll is insane, Never had these numbers before,

All measurements were about the same, ballspeeds, launch angles ,  spin was ok as well. but I got a massive 20y bump in all numbers.

I used the FS App, but it hasn't downloaded to the website, but those numbers were pretty normal (235-240 carry ranges, with 250y total)  Same ball speeds 147-150mph.  

Something has changed for sure, but the apps now need an update ASAP to jive.   

Really wondering whats going on with guys that are see 10+y distance losses?  weird?   

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

39 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

OMG! I HATE MEVO+ Its terrible, this thing is HORRIBLY Inaccurate, what is wrong with this thing, the Firmware screwed this up, blah blah blah........... *Sarcasm*

Yes, The apps have some updating to do, Enjoy this,

I am officially a beast and there is no denying this and no one can argue with me.......312y total.... I belong on the PGA tour

image.png.bd23ba9f20731ca08b0b904de82da4a6.png

151mph ball speed with 286.54 carry and 312.05 total.... Yeah no....

This shot though I would say is my prime launch window,

151mph ball speed 13.74* LA, 2447rpms of spin.  this distance in real life would be about 250 carry and 260 total.

Not sure what happened with the E6 app or whatever but was getting some INSANE distance numbers.  The weird part is the roll its, 30+y of roll is insane, Never had these numbers before,

All measurements were about the same, ballspeeds, launch angles ,  spin was ok as well. but I got a massive 20y bump in all numbers.

I used the FS App, but it hasn't downloaded to the website, but those numbers were pretty normal (235-240 carry ranges, with 250y total)  Same ball speeds 147-150mph.  

Something has changed for sure, but the apps now need an update ASAP to jive.   

Really wondering whats going on with guys that are see 10+y distance losses?  weird?   

Maybe you have it set on KPH

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

Maybe you have it set on KPH

Now you Get it right.....

Is it the systems and I should Damn Mevo+ to eternal hell for it.

Or should I take a breather, realize that 95% of all data is correct, Ball speed,  swing speed, spin, launch angle etc. is correct (Except distance).  And Say hey the distance dont seem right, it must be a calculation issue and OH, I noticed 5+ other people are having the issue and reported to E6 and a NEW update to the app is coming out shortly.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

22 minutes ago, Sukh said:

E6 well known bug on latest firmware unfortunately. What are your distances like in FS golf? 

Didnt update yet so not showing on the website and not home with the tablet for data.

But from my memory the FS Golf App data was normal and not out of the ordinary. So surely and app needing updates.  

Man I should have gone Stone Canyon and hit a drive on the elevated tee box might have gotten a 400y drive LOL!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Didnt update yet so not showing on the website and not home with the tablet for data.

But from my memory the FS Golf App data was normal and not out of the ordinary. So surely and app needing updates.  

Man I should have gone Stone Canyon and hit a drive on the elevated tee box might have gotten a 400y drive LOL!

Hahaha I was thinking this same thing when I was looking at my numbers yesterday! Lol

• Like 1

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i230 6-UW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 115

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

19 hours ago, teehilden said:

Hahaha I was thinking this same thing when I was looking at my numbers yesterday! Lol

I Tried a couple times but didnt give it a good ole college try but darn near close AHAHAH!!

Not going to lie this was an ego booster! 

Hey if we cant enjoy our selves and laugh at things that just dont make sense we are taking things WAY too serious.

373 carry  391 Total,  Yeah baby,

391.jpg.174d423dfa5f7e6ca6af3ab9a47ec4cc.jpg

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

41 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I Tried a couple times but didnt give it a good ole college try but darn near close AHAHAH!!

Not going to lie this was an ego booster! 

Hey if we cant enjoy our selves and laugh at things that just dont make sense we are taking things WAY too serious.

373 carry  391 Total,  Yeah baby,

391.jpg.174d423dfa5f7e6ca6af3ab9a47ec4cc.jpg

Your ball will be blowing Bryson’s a kiss on the way by 😘 

• Like 1

.20 firmware updated data...... 

Driver-

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary data wise, Pretty much the same numbers, just slightly lower spin pre .19 & .20 patch.

All other numbers seem about right except carry distance, seems low as usual, but launch data averages are about right.

myflightscope

image.png.a4a79c926ccc6457f33bd2a2cf40558f.png

image.png.e7e5e59ac814ac7650768232a2519815.png

Trajectory Optimizer, 

Why the carry distance is 7 yards different, in average btw (thats a lot in my opinion) so its a little bothersome. This is always been the plaguing issue.

image.png.7501499ff180af1e55802e7ce36d78d5.png

Trying to look at something different, 

PW Averages- 

myflightscope - 123y carry average

image.png.8028ef700f9539ab2dbc02f61b6c7e13.png

Trajectory Optimizer  - 123.7y Carry.  NO DIFFERENCE!  So this matches up

image.png.e40f60e4d886eb4ad76b1f2929aa85b2.png

6iron Averages

myflightscope - 167.4 carry average

image.png.e62aeba185af8d61aa18cb57b417c3a3.png

Trajectory optimizer - 

image.png.679e0f1ac8fac74a5afccefdbb03ade7.png

Bang On again.   Its only the Driver,  that spits out the seemingly low distances, BUT the measurements are solid.

So those that are "complaining" about the Driver, Data,  Do you see that the data may be right,  but the actual calculated distance is the issue?

Secondly for those with Irons issues?....... I have yet to really see it and the numbers mesh exceptionally well. 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

4 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

.20 firmware updated data...... 

Driver-

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary data wise, Pretty much the same numbers, just slightly lower spin pre .19 & .20 patch.

All other numbers seem about right except carry distance, seems low as usual, but launch data averages are about right.

myflightscope

image.png.a4a79c926ccc6457f33bd2a2cf40558f.png

image.png.e7e5e59ac814ac7650768232a2519815.png

Trajectory Optimizer, 

Why the carry distance is 7 yards different, in average btw (thats a lot in my opinion) so its a little bothersome. This is always been the plaguing issue.

image.png.7501499ff180af1e55802e7ce36d78d5.png

Trying to look at something different, 

PW Averages- 

myflightscope - 123y carry average

image.png.8028ef700f9539ab2dbc02f61b6c7e13.png

Trajectory Optimizer  - 123.7y Carry.  NO DIFFERENCE!  So this matches up

image.png.e40f60e4d886eb4ad76b1f2929aa85b2.png

6iron Averages

myflightscope - 167.4 carry average

image.png.e62aeba185af8d61aa18cb57b417c3a3.png

Trajectory optimizer - 

image.png.679e0f1ac8fac74a5afccefdbb03ade7.png

Bang On again.   Its only the Driver,  that spits out the seemingly low distances, BUT the measurements are solid.

So those that are "complaining" about the Driver, Data,  Do you see that the data may be right,  but the actual calculated distance is the issue?

Secondly for those with Irons issues?....... I have yet to really see it and the numbers mesh exceptionally well. 

I think the swing angle numbers are more important than any of the distance numbers. IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Firethorn50 said:

I think the swing angle numbers are more important than any of the distance numbers. IMO

??? Sorry, not sure what you mean? Swing angles?  Example? 

*Edit* are you implying the "Club Data/Angles" (Face Angel, Path etc etc)   Is more important that the distance numbers, (Ball Launch Data)? 

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

??? Sorry, not sure what you mean? Swing angles?  Example? 

*Edit* are you implying the "Club Data/Angles" (Face Angel, Path etc etc)   Is more important that the distance numbers, (Ball Launch Data)? 

Yes, like AoA, Swing Path, Face to path, etc. Rather than carry distance, swing/ball speed, etc.