please lock

tigerfan23

You’ve got to be kidding!!!! 5 weeks for them to be built!!! I hadn’t heard of that slow a turnaround time. Last I heard it was a week. That’s depressing!!! My fitting is Friday and I head out to CA on 2/22. Are others experiencing this lengthy a turnaround?

i don’t know if the build would make any difference but where did you get fit? And were there lots of custom work to be done?

Sheese!!!!

It's comments like yours that if you buy PXG "you drank the kool-aid". What makes your experience more valuable than someone who actually has hit the clubs and loved the performance?

Some people just can't see past price. Thats fine, but that does not mean everyone should see it the same way as you do. Do you buy Element TV's and avoid Samsung, LG, or Sony? If you buy the latter does that mean you are drinking the kool-aid

KG, can I get first dibs on the gen 3 when you list them in a few weeks? :)

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I am in Australia mate so shipping from the u.s sucks

I don't know what it is about your postal service but i can get stuff i ordered from the u.k in 1/3 of the time and also 30% of the cost than getting from the u.s?

TZWE91YCYN8J.jpgAs for the gentleman who questioned my putting this is a shot of the balls after the 1st 7 i hit 6 in the hole and no room for the 7th

Actually the 6th bounced over the top and i hit the 7th a little softer and it jumped up on top of the others

The fitter took the photo because he had not seen that before

The next 7 also went in just not as pretty lol

My putting is my strength don't ask about driving uggg

There is a good reason i am off 13 lots of 1 putts for 2 points if i could not putt would be a lot higher

Spend a lot of my time scrambling to make up for poor tee shots

I have the Gen 2 0311P irons and decided to try to Gen 3 irons. I picked up 8-10 yds with the new P-irons based on the indoor Trackman. I benchmarked the trackman with my other clubs and my Driver, which was what I expected the numbers to be. I was very skeptical that I would see any gains but they were clear. The Gen 3 also feel much softer than the Gen 2. The XP were a little longer but also firmer. I decided to go with the Gen 3Ps so that my wedges would not be out of whack.

The PXG rep/fitter told me 10 days to build and 5 days to ship. Can't wait to get them.

I had mine in a week and a half with Steelfiber shafts.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond- 8* Ventus TR Black 6X
TM Stealth 2 Plus - 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Titleist U505- 2 Iron Hzrdous Black 6.5
PXG GEN 5 Tour - 4-PW LA Golf 120 S
Artisan Hand Grind- 50, 55, 60 DG TI S400
Tyson Lamb- Bridgeport Custom

Which putter did you end with? I saw results close to that during my putter fitting. Had the Gen2 Gunboat for months and it has translated to the course. Honeymoon phase is way over and this thing won’t quit. Enjoy it.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Have a fitting this Saturday for PXG. Going in with an open mind. I would imagine it's probably between the XP and the P. I am beyond excited. Need about 8 hundred more before I can get the set though.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

I have owned every Spider made and thought I would walk out with the Operator. The large Gunboat with the single bend just swing itself and fit my swing perfectly. I like the regular Gunboat over the Mini just because the size and it worked more for my SBST stroke. The regular over the mini was more stable for me. Is it big? Yes, and it just makes putting so easy with the size and that sightline.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I ended up with the closer wide blade putter i currently use a Scotty Cameron blade newport putter

I tried the Brandon putter and liked the feel better unlike a lot of people who like a click and firm feel i like as soft a feel as i can get and the pxg face is that indeed i was really liking the Brandon putter then the fitter put the Closer into my hands and it was love at first swing fits me perfectly

Just that bit heavier and a tad more forgiving i had 2 putts with the Closer that would have missed to the left with a slightly heel strike which is my normal miss and both caught the left lip and fell in both of those would have definitely been a miss with the Scotty

I did try the Gunboat and other mallet putters but they are not for me after watching me swing 4 or 5 times with it he took it straight back mallets just mess my swing up ...

I had a recent fitting and the Gen 3 0311T were impressive. Round after round it worked. They made it down to the last 3. Shootout with Srixon z785, Miura TC201 and 0311T were dead even. Similar ballspeeds, spin, carry. Feel on all three are similar, soft and pure. Compresses off the face without a “click”.

To be honest I’d bag any of them. Playing z765 the last 2 years but none of the three were A drastic upgrade indoors so not sure if I’d drop the cash. Would want to know more about turf interaction

Cost-benefit analysis says not worth for me right now... but if I didn’t have kids I’d buy them.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

I was skeptical of getting more distance as I have the Gen 2 irons as well (which I agree look great). However, the data was there, and I went back and forth several times to be sure that the differences were real. It may well be that the Gen 2 irons and I don't get along as I didn't see much in the way of gains when I got them 1.5 years ago even though I was fit for them at the time. The numbers I was getting for the Gen 2 irons are very consistent with what I have seen over the past 18 months. Frankly I was surprised to see more distance with the Gen 3s. Just because you didn't see a difference doesn't mean that that will be true for everyone.

• Like 1

I appreciate your honesty as the biggest reason anyone wants to boast that they are getting more yards with any new club purchase is to justify their purchase. It's just more with any PXG site.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

I got fitted for the Gen 1's when they came out, and again the Gen 2's and then again the Gen 3's. So I have played each set of irons from their inception until the next generation was introduced. I was actually fitted for the same shaft in each of the 3 fittings, and after hitting the original set I could see why. But regardless, I hit all the generations of irons the same distances with no changes whatsoever. But the Gen 3's are by far the best feeling and looking in my opinion!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

This makes sense ^^^. Big distance increases without jacking the lofts would be odd. However, I too would upgrade for looks and feel :)

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

All good. Totally envious--I will be getting the Gen 3s at some point! Once you get on course you will truly know and if the gains are that big then awesome! In my experience, the 2 degrees of loft difference equates to a potential 6-8 yards for me so makes sense with a bit more ball speed. Enjoy the clubs, they are sweet!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

I actually have a fitting tomorrow simply to satisfy my ego and see if the lessons and practice warrant a move to the Gen3 P irons or if I should be content with Gen2 XF. I'm not looking for more distance, i'm not looking for tighter dispersion because I'm quite content with the XF. For me, it's to see how the Gen3 feels, and if my swing has become consistent enough to game the Gen3 P irons. When I compare the loft of the Gen2 XF to Gen3 P, the Gen3 is one degree higher across all the irons, even the PW and GW, so is it enough for me to lost distance? I don't think so, considering I'm not a robot and hitting it in the same spot at the same speed with the same consistency. Maybe the Impact Reactor will negate that and give me softer feel with a tiny distance increase and forgiveness that enables my ego to game the Gen3 P irons. I'll give a follow up after my fitting tomorrow.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

I had my fitting with Gen3P irons and here are my observations, only hitting a 7 iron:

Current: 0311XF Gen2 7 iron, Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Fitted: 0311P Gen3 7 iron, True Temper Elevate Tour stiff

I'm pretty oblivious to a lot of things, so when everyone is saying the Gen3 is a softer feeling iron, I didn't feel that, with a full swing. I forgot to ask the fitter for numbers, and I didn't even want to know which shafts I was trying until we nailed down something that would benefit my swing. When he put a Gen3P with the Pro Modus 120 stiff shaft, It felt decent and I was pretty amazed that I was able to pure 4 out of 8 swings. The fitter, Nick, then put me in three more shafts which all seemed to go higher but I didn't feel like the face of the iron was really softer, if that makes sense. I didn't want more distance, but I did like the ball to have a better descent angle to stick to the green. I did observe the ball going higher, but I wasn't losing distance, which Nick attributed to the Impact Reactor.

I will say that when I took half-swing shots, like the L to L drill with the Gen 2XF and the Gen3P irons, that's the only time I was able to notice the difference between the irons. The Gen2XF did have a "harsher" feel at impact, and a clickier sound. with the Gen3P irons, the feeling at impact was muted, or softer, and the sound was duller, or even non-existent, which I attribute to the new goo in the Gen3 irons.

I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on the Gen3P irons. If anything, I might put the Elevate shaft into my XF irons but time will tell. Anyway, there's my observation of the Gen3 and Gen2 irons.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

Even though you were not looking for an increase in distance how did the Gen3 P's and XP perform compared to your Gen 2's distance wise? Also if I decided to pursue the Gen 3's does anyone know the going price for the Gen 2 XF through the Hero's Program? I am wondering if I can afford to sell my Gen 2's vs what one would have to pay for a new set through the Hero's.