please lock

tigerfan23

It's never going to change as the price will always be brought up as don't we all want the most bang for our buck. So $400-$600 an iron can't bring you that much more enjoyment over a nice set of PINGS, or any other brand out there. Too many people have drank the Kool-Aid and no one is going to change the minds of people who bought them and they will never change the people who wants to bash them for price, looks or whatever. I wondering how many screws will PXG end up putting in their irons in their next release, went from 7 to 9. I'm not surprised why so many people like the 0211's over the Gen 2's or 3's

Β 

Driver: Cobra Β 50th Anniversary EditionΒ AerojetΒ 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4Β 

3W:Β Callaway Β Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5 Β 

5/7W:Β CallawayΒ Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:Β Β TitleistΒ T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:Β Β ClevelandΒ RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter: Β ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft Β w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate)Β ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Β 

Β 

The Jeep police

GAMER SETUP:

CallawayΒ AiSmoke TD 8* @Β 7* | Tour AD HD 7sΒ 

CallawayΒ AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMadeΒ SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

CallawayΒ Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49*Β Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59*Β Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty CameronΒ Phantom X 5.5Β | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

Some people just want the most bang. Nothing wrong with either mindset. I was between MP-20's and PXG Gen3 T's, it wasn't even close for me on feel, performance, forgiveness. That was my experience for my swing. I went w/ the most bang and ignored the price, not everyone can do that and that's 100% OK on either side of the coin. People also get a different usage rate out of their irons as well based on how often they play. $3500 for irons that you play 150-180 times a year is different than $3500 irons you play 20 times a year. Everyone's situation is different. Some people spend $5k-$20k in club dues a year for golf, some people play a local muni a few times a year and spend less than a $1000 on playing golf. Different strokes for different folks.

GAMER SETUP:

On the putter point you had... Same with courses. $25 muni twilight vs $745 for Pebble + Caddie + Tip. It's still hitting a ball at 18 different holes, but no one's bashing you for wanting to play Pebble if you can do it.

GAMER SETUP:

That's a very good price for brand new irons built to one's specs. I found a set of 0211's from a member here, price was very fair. I have only hit them off matts but was quite impressed with everything about them. The Gen 3's look fantastic though, fantastic reviews as well. I don't mind tying up that amount of money in clubs but it's usually for 1/2 dozen or more sets for my $3500.. I'm sure I'll get a set sometime..... You are probably correct on your assumption of the Gen 2 being the entry level set. Gen 3 0211's would be sweet as well. PXG keeps surprising us on what they have up they're sleeves.

did my PXG fitting today.

hit the T much better than the P. They are unreal. Super forgiving. Toe and thin hits hold their line and the results were hard to believe.

The Long Irons in the T are small though. Hit the DG 120 the best standard specs otherwise. The 0311 Forged wedges are incredible as well. Better than the sugar daddys which i didn't enjoy.

Β 

2024 Bag TBD

... I'll start by saying I, along with many here that are not fans of PXG don't care what you clubs choose to play or how much it costs. Most and I Imagine even more that don't post, wish you the best of luck with your new purchase. This is supposed to be a golf forum of equipment lovers so I will never understand why someone would post negative comments about someone else's joy. I actually love threads, including PXG, where folks post about their new clubs and why they love them.

... Now that said, my dislike (I don't hate) for PXG stems from Bob Parsons commercials. Loud, obnoxious, over the top and hype to the nth degree. I have seen too many of these kinds of golfers on the course playing music waaaaaaay too loud, stopping the beverage cart at every opportunity getting louder as the round goes on and taking their sweet time backing up the course, and not repairing divots or ball marks. That is the image off the golfer Bob conjures up when I see his commercials. KABOOM BABY! I just can't think of any kind of expensive, high quality product that markets themselves in such a crass way. And it filters thru in threads. Some here are saying Mizuno irons are Walmart clubs in comparison and then wonder why some have problem with PXG. Really? You don't find that condescending, arrogant and confrontational? Having gone to the PGA Show Demo Day and hitting all OEM new irons introductions, I have never hit a club that felt like a Walmart zinc alloy cheap iron. Sure some feel better than others and I have no doubt at all that some here buying Gen 3's find them superior to Mizuno irons in feel and performance and what the he!! maybe they are, but that is just a personal preference. But how can you make those kinds of statement and then wonder why the hate?

... Of course I am not saying those that buy and play PXG fall into the above category and imagine there are those that don't like the commercials but love the product. So I think the imagine of PXG, not the performance or even the price, is what more than a few dislike about PXG.

• Like 3

Driver: Β  Β  Β  TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway: Β  Β TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids: Β  Β Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β TM Dhy #4 ... DiamanaΒ LTD 65r

Irons: Β  Β  Β  Β  Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges: Β  Β Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter: Β  Β  Β  Cobra King Sport-60
Ball: Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

I never got that either...those "critics" act like they had money taken out of their bank account because someone bought a set of PXG's, or what have you. Getting upset over someone else's equipment purchases is ferociously idiotic.

As Alexander Hamilton said: β€œEvery man of a different opinion from your own [seems] an ambitious despot or a corrupt knave.” 

I also have a sort of disdain for Bob Parson's marketing/personality, and always thought that PXG clubs were priced too high for me to ever consider. Then last spring I purchased a like new but used Gen 2 XF driver head at a decent price such that my total cost for driver and shaft was a bit less than the price of a new Callaway or Ping driver. The PXG Gen 2 driver promptly kicked my Ping G400 Max out of the bag and remains, as of about a year later, the best $ I've spent on golf equipment in the past few years (and unfortunately for my checkbook, I've tried way too many different drivers and irons!). Later I picked up, used, a Gen 2 FW and hybrid.

Fast forward to about 1 month ago, I picked up a PXG 0211 GW head and shafted it up--after hitting it only a few times, I have a set of 0211 irons to match on the way. With the current pricing of the 0211, these are cheaper than the Mizuno MP20 HMB's I was also considering.

I have hit a Gen 3 demo iron a few times at the range....if $ was not an issue, I would be playing them, but as of now, I am not willing to pay their cost, so I'll make do with the 0211s.

• Like 2

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXGΒ  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

PXG is well out of my price range but IDGAF. Somehow I'm gonna come up with the money. I have had a shitty decade and I need something to look forward to. Golf to me has always been about how pure I can hit my irons. If I am hitting them well then I feel good. I love the looks of these and my fitting is next Saturday. Whatever the fitter says to go with is what I am going to go with. So I may have some P's or XP's in my bag and I'm going to love them. So who wants to buy my stuff lol

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XFΒ 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

Played the Gen 1's last year; loved 'em and they performed great. Bought the 0211's on the pre-New Year sale and have been hitting them for a couple of weeks now. They're fantastic, as well. I have no doubt that I'll pick up the Gen 3's if they ever go on the Heroes program. They're that good. If you're willing to pay their prices, you should be considering them.

I went for a fitting Tuesday . With my swing, the 0211s were the best. I tend to hit my irons low on the face so I wasn't getting the performance out of the Ts and Ps. The XPs were too low spinning for me because I'm already a low spin player. Who would have thunk it! The biggest disappointment is I get a huge discount on Gen3s and the price difference wasn't much more than 211s, I went in wanting to get the Gen3s but ultimately you have to trust the process.

The XPs are very long but I believe it's more due to the increased shaft length and 3* stronger loft, I was getting about 10-12 yards more out of them.

The PXG fitter I used for my Gen2 XF irons says they'll still offer the Gen2 SGI irons, as they didn't make an Gen3 SGI. It was doing so well, they didn't need to "improve" on it. Gen3 was all about getting that softer feel back with new goo inside the iron. I've never hit the Gen1 irons but i've heard they were the softest and if you played more than once a month, you'd see a lot of wear on the Gen1 irons, whereas the Gen2 irons were more durable. The Gen3 irons are supposed to have a softer feel than Gen2 with more distance and durability than Gen1. My only recommendation is to get fit and form your own opinion. I love my Gen2 XF irons. I've never mishit irons that still find the fairway or greens.

Β 

Β 

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9*Β with Tensei CK BlueΒ 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341Β 15*Β with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

I haven't played the 3's yet, but just bought a set of Gen 2's and they are the best feeling club I have ever hit. I will say that the Gen 3's are the most beautiful clubs I have seen in pictures. Golf is one of my favorite things to do so price wasn't really that much of a hindering factor. It's a tiny drop in the bucket compared to my other hobby (cars).

Mr. Wolfe

I'm still baffled at the ignorance of the Mizuno feeling like WalMart clubs comment. That person needs to take a long hard look at their life choices.

Titleist TSi3 8ΒΊ -Β LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15ΒΊ - LAGP TourAxs BlueΒ 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245Β  5-GW C-TaperΒ 
Mizuno T22Β  52ΒΊ, 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2Β 
Titleist Left DashΒ -ProV1x

Β 

Chisag I remember you from GEA arent you in the entertainment industry (thus name CHISAG Chicago Screen Actors Guild) I get exactly what youre saying regarding commericals. The "Kaboom baby" commericals were stupid kinda like Air Hammer commericals POW. However dumb they were/are people remembered them. Parsons doesnt come across as a natural spokesman Id prob use someone like Darius Rucker whos a brand ambassador. The current one is funny theyre like "warm butter on a hot biscuit" then Pat Perez mouths 'oh my" to Bobs voice. If I were doing the commercials I would focus on the technology and why they should be worth the $425 (5 times forged, etc). But Im not worked for an ad agency. Either way I agree with your thoughts I think some on WRX are turned off to the commercials.

• Like 1