2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Do you throw or twist?

14 hours ago, Nard_S said:

Aside from initial pages, this thread is laughable, 

This thread has over 1,000 replies and over 1,600,000 views! it's far from being laughable which is what your foolish negative comments are. It has become a very popular and informative thread to many people. Of course you already know that but for some hollow-minded personal reason you just have a problem admitting it... You need to think about that!  

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

16 hours ago, Great_Strike said:

of onewhich is what your foolish negative comments are. It has become a very popular and informative thread to many people. Of course you already know that but for some hollow-minded personal reason you just have a problem admitting it... You need to think about that!  

It's so popular you get personal fan mail and then share wisdom of one-way conversations with the millions of followers.  

Edited by Nard_S
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nard_S said:

It's so popular you get personal fan mail and then share wisdom & conversation with the millions of followers.  

Millions of followers? Hardly!  Is there some ulterior or personal underlying reason that you have a problem with that? 1-confused-smiley

You called this thread 'pure snake oil'. Clearly you have a problem with it. A problem I'm not qualified to offer you help for!  

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

2 hours ago, baudi said:

all about control and if you can take it.  

Take control of yourself young man before your fascination with me drives you crazy! 1-crazy-smiley  

3 hours ago, Great_Strike said:

Millions of followers? Hardly!  Is there some ulterior or personal underlying reason that you have a problem with that? 1-confused-smiley

You called this thread 'pure snake oil'. Clearly you have a problem with it. A problem I'm not qualified to offer you help for!  

Half the posts here are you having a one-way conversation with phantom posters personally asking you questions. This is a forum where back & forth in the open yet scores ask privately, you thank them and opine. They rarely respond or ''like'' either. Hmn. This is some sick infomercial for a guy who cannot keep his avatar the same name for 6 months. I'm not the one with the problem.

Snake Oil.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Half the posts here are you having a one-way conversation with phantom posters personally asking you questions. This is a forum where back & forth in the open yet scores ask privately, you thank them and opine. They rarely respond or ''like'' either. Hmn. This is some sick infomercial for a guy who cannot keep his avatar the same name for 6 months. I'm not the one with the problem.

Snake Oil.

For your information, since you obviously need some help and guidance, my avatar has remained the same. I have changed my screen name with the help of @Gxgolfer which he supports doing. 

Yes, you do indeed have a problem...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ghost of Snead said:

99% of posters would ask questions in the actual thread, not send DMs. So yeah, unless we can see all of the original DMs and dates, we're dealing with fantasy in order to keep a thread active. Just another affirmation as to why most of the valid instructors have hit the road ...

Fact.

20 hours ago, Nard_S said:

It's so popular you get personal fan mail and then share wisdom of one-way conversations with the millions of followers.  

You mean like DaveAz? who doesn't exist?

7 hours ago, Nard_S said:

Snake Oil.

Fact

If the truths here were to be revealed, I'd like to think the mods would shut this thread down. 

An amateur pretending to be some sort of a teacher is not fair to the guys that think this guy knows what he's talking about, pretending he's something he's not.

Edited by idrive
sp
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Golfbeat said:

Is this not my thread? 🙂

@Golfbeat - Absolutely it is your thread! 👍

Your thread and your questions/comments created so much interest that it led to lots of GolfWrx members posting their comments, questions, etc. that prompted lots of additional responses, thoughts, opinions, personal experiences, and lots of videos and images. Clearly, the discussions and information that have been posted became very popular and heavily followed as demonstrated by the huge view count. 

Unfortunately, I have noticed that a lot of the quoted posts from members and member links for replies were somehow lost, maybe due to the website being updated. 

Your thread has over 1,600,000 views! 💪

Congrats, Golfbeat!  Hand-Clap-URL

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

On 9/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, Great_Strike said:

It's commonly done. I just felt like making a change. Is there a problem by me doing that?  I'm sure I'll do it again sometime in the future. 

Sure it's common for users to change their screen names! Especially when their trolling or hiding from something Dan. 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, Great_Strike said:

We agree on that!

@Nard_S"If I'm grinding my thumb it's a clear sign my swing is not working correctly."Is that a common problem for you?

@Nard_S - Yours (from 7/22/2020) happens to be one of many replies and @ features that were somehow lost or failed in 2020, maybe due to the website being updated. There are many that were lost or failed in pages 6-12. No bull! 

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

8 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Sure it's common for users to change their screen names! Especially when their trolling or hiding from something Dan

@BlackDiamondPar5 - Who is this 'Dan' person? 1-confused-smiley

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, nitram said:

I have followed this thread since it's inception without comment simply to see where it would lead because there have been several in my tenure here that have started with good intentions and went down the toilet. It's my sincerest hope that this does not emulate it's predecessors.

Nail it: I can honestly say without prejudice your first 100 posts are maybe the best in the history of Wrx and certainly worthy of mentioning as a handful of others here (slicefixer, sevam 1, and Howard Jones to name a few) and I sincerely thank you for effort in trying to help the regular Joe in hitting a better ball.

There have been a few snide remarks from the gallery and you have withstood the pressure and pretty well stuck to your point and I really appreciate that.

@nitram - The 'gallery' is turning up the heat on the snide remarks and false accusations!  1-sad-smiley

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

Reviewed the initial video…in which the guy shows golf is a sideways game and the face stays square to the path or whatever he shows…if you play on your knees.

I think we should all drop the antagonism and comment on the guy in the original video.

I think this thread serves as a concrete emblem and embodiment of golf knowledge as it exists today.  Something said somewhere may even be correct on some level.  Seems irrelevant if you don’t pivot right and obvious enough if you do.

• Like 1

To return to the original video, apparently pronation of the forearm is present in the release of the fastball.  And it’s a good thing.

This seems to be opposite to what the guy in the original video says, to the extent I understand what he says.

Am I wrong.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20093973/

Even though I may agree with what Mr. Great Strike says about the arms and hands, people who think you hit the golf ball with the hands are funny. You hit the ball with the club, which is motivated by the body, with the role of the hands being to act as a transmitter and governor of the forces generated by the body.

Which may be why people do better when they relax (do nothing in particular with) their hands and arms.

11 minutes ago, Chunkitgood said:

To return to the original video, apparently pronation of the forearm is present in the release of the fastball.  And it’s a good thing.

This seems to be opposite to what the guy in the original video says, to the extent I understand what he says.

Am I wrong.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20093973/

Even though I may agree with what Mr. Great Strike says about the arms and hands, people who think you hit the golf ball with the hands are funny. You hit the ball with the club, which is motivated by the body, with the role of the hands being to act as a transmitter and governor of the forces generated by the body.

Which may be why people do better when they relax (do nothing in particular with) their hands and arms.

But I do believe you have to educate the hands to transmit those forces correctly and they are adding some forces of their own. An maybe by hands I mean arms and hands.

• Like 2

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

12 hours ago, Great_Strike said:

@Nard_S - Yours (from 7/22/2020) happens to be one of many replies and @ features that were somehow lost or failed in 2020, maybe due to the website being updated. There are many that were lost or failed in pages 6-12. No bull! 

If you found it, how is it lost?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

If you found it, how is it lost?

On 7/22/2020 at 5:10 PM

@Nard_S - I said 'lost of failed '. The @ feature failed to work on many posted replies during 2020, and my reply to you on 7/22/2020 at 5:10 PM was an example of that failure happening.

Also, a number of posts were lost during that 2020 period of time for Pages 6 thru Page 12 of the thread. 

I'm just setting the record straight since you replied 'BULL', exclaiming it did not happen.  It most certainly did!  

Edited by Great_Strike
grammar

13 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Sure it's common for users to change their screen names! Especially when their trolling or hiding from something Dan

@BlackDiamondPar5 - Why are you falsely accusing me of being someone I'm not?  

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:45 AM, baudi said:

yeah -thank you!! Dan Martin.

My memory is linked to your avatar  and a couple of years a ago; when your name was Nail It; my memory lists you as the guy who introduced ''the pro'' Training aid into this topic. All this is either gone or in an other topic. Don't know that's why I asked.   

@baudi - Are you thanking me as if to say that (you think) I am Dan Martin? 

Or, are you simply affirming The Pro training-aid is a product by Dan Martin? 

Just to clear up any confusion there may be for you (or anyone else), I am not Dan Martin.

Yes, I did indeed 'introduce' Dan Martin's 'The Pro' training aid into this thread topic a couple of years ago, but only as a topic for discussion.

There are some simpleminded, shallow members here that are known to be troublemakers who are falsely accusing me of being Dan Martin. I am not!  

Yes, as you verified, this thread had some posts that are gone...  

Edited by GreatStrike
grammar

14 hours ago, Great_Strike said:

Also, a number of posts were lost during that 2020 period of time for Pages 6 thru Page 12 of the thread. 

I'm just setting the record straight since you replied 'BULL', exclaiming it did not happen.  It most certainly did!  

No. You only think of setting the record straight; all I hear is the groove repeating itself.

5 hours ago, GreatStrike said:

@baudi - Are you thanking me as if to say that (you think) I am Dan Martin? 

Or, are you simply affirming The Pro training-aid is a product by Dan Martin? 

Just to clear up any confusion there may be for you (or anyone else), I am not Dan Martin.

Yes, I did indeed 'introduce' Dan Martin's 'The Pro' training aid into this thread topic a couple of years ago, but only as a topic for discussion.

There are some simpleminded, shallow members here that are known to be troublemakers who are falsely accusing me of being Dan Martin. I am not!  

Yes, as you said this thread had some posts that are gone...  

Sir why do you do this? Why create fog all the time? 

I dropped my previous post is 1 hour ago; then you changed yours 29 minutes from now in which you suddenly address to me. When I asked about the training aid you neglected for some reason and pushed back a couple of days ago:

@baudi - Apparently you have some swing-related feature in mind that you believe there is a training aid to help with - that you think I should know about and provide you with its name. In case you didn't already know, this thread is very lengthy and packed with all sorts of various information and topics, including some posts about various training aids.  I'll take a guess and suggest that maybe you are referring to Dan Martin's training aid called 'The Pro'.  However, that training aid has nothing to do with the topic I most recently have been posting about in this thread. 

No I did not thank you for who you are. Pun intended. But I thanked you for mentioning the name Dan Martin.   

Yet I am truly glad you have finally reactivated your memory and that you are fully aware what I asked for.

(for crying out loud what type of marketing genius calls this training aid 'the pro' - try to google that)

The only reason I came back to this topic is for pictures I finally found in an old book. 

The picture come from one of my first golf manuals (I own over 200+ golf books) which was lost. 2 weeks ago I found it again. It is classic golf instruction from the eighties. Here John Morgan demonstrates a very basic drill. Just like the training aid the pro. I wanted to post the pictures but the atmosphere had changed drastically. 

john morgan swing drill.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, baudi said:

No I thanked you for mentioning the name Dan Martin.   

(for crying out loud what type of marketing genius calls this training aid 'the pro' - try to google that)

The only reason I came back to this topic is for pictures I finally found in an old book. 

The picture come from one of my first golf manuals (I own over 200+ golf books) which was lost. 2 weeks ago I found it again. It is classic golf instruction from the eighties. Here John Morgan demonstrates a very basic drill. Just like the training aid the pro. I wanted to post the pictures but the atmosphere had changed drastically. 

1-coolphotos-smiley

Very nice! Thanks! 

That could very well be where Dan Martin got the idea for his 'The Pro' training-aid. 

Edited by GreatStrike
grammar

49 minutes ago, baudi said:

Sir why do you do this? Why create fog all the time? 

I dropped my previous post is 1 hour ago; then you changed yours 29 minutes from now in which you suddenly address to me. When I asked about the training aid you neglected for some reason and pushed back a couple of days ago:

@baudi - Apparently you have some swing-related feature in mind that you believe there is a training aid to help with - that you think I should know about and provide you with its name. In case you didn't already know, this thread is very lengthy and packed with all sorts of various information and topics, including some posts about various training aids.  I'll take a guess and suggest that maybe you are referring to Dan Martin's training aid called 'The Pro'.  However, that training aid has nothing to do with the topic I most recently have been posting about in this thread. 

No I did not thank you for who you are. Pun intended. But I thanked you for mentioning the name Dan Martin.   

Yet I am truly glad you have finally reactivated your memory and that you are fully aware what I asked for.

I doubt John Morgan marketed that device - you can make one yourself fairly easily.

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

4 hours ago, baudi said:

FYI - The 'Pro' part of the training-aid's name stands for 'Precise Rotational Orbit'.