2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos Γ—

I hate golf attire

Dress does not make you a good or bad person but does show some respect. This is what happens when you lower the dress code it is never good enough. Work we no longer wear suit and tie but people complain they want to wear shorts. You let them wear shorts they now want to wear Daisy Dukes and flip flops.

Dressing in proper attire is sign of respect for the game the course and your fellow players. My mother would not let me go to school in shorts and is to so much to ask to put on a collard shirts and a decent pair of shorts? This has nothing to do with money or snobbishness.

• Like 1

You see, there lies the problem. Nowadays, certain individuals think they have a d*** good reason to exhibit their behavior without regard for everyone else. The result of certain individuals growing up in a world where they have never been corrected along the way. These individuals now think their own needs are ALWAYS more important than anyone (or everyone) else's and they aren't even aware that they might be wrong. This attitude transcends to their behavior on the golf course also.

Driver:Β Titleist 913Β D3 8.5Β° A-1Β setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65gΒ stiff

Wood: Β Titleist 980FΒ 17Β° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid:Β Titleist 909HΒ 21Β° Aldila VoodooΒ stiffΒ 

Irons: Β Titleist 716 AP2 4- W Β DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter: Β Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball:Β Titleist Pro V1

No, I'm not taking off my sweaty undershirt. Nobody needs to see that. For myself, I draw the line at what I can walk into at most retails stores in the country. Shirts, shoes and something to cover the bum. However, if someone else wants to take their top off after finishing 18, no skin off my back. I've seen people bare back on the golf course before, I care more about if they fix their divots and pitch marks, whether the drag their feet on the green, rake the bunkers and put the flags back. I've seen some "fancy" dressed people who disregard those things all the timeIt's not the extra lightweight tech shirt under the lightweight polo that is causing the issue. I could wear no shirt and still sweat a gallon of sweat on the golf course, and that's not an exaggeration. I generally drink around 100 oz of water for 18 holes in 90+ heat. Yeah, I know, your shirts are super light, just as light as your tech tees. Well, mine aren't and I'm not buying any new ones right now, I've got a closet full of the ones I have. But hey, I'm down with you buying some for me. 3xl I don't even care what color they are.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:Β  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:Β  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

You are truly out there. I suppose you were against women's suffrage and the ending of slavery too. Basketball shorts and gym shoes! I don't like flip flops, they are not comfortable to me. To me a fancy dinner is a steak on the grill, and I don't think there is a dress code for that. To me as long as your clothes are clean, no rips and tears, and you don't stink, wear whatever.

In the bag

Another thing to point out about the dress code thing is that it's also a marketing thing. Every business has a target customer and an image they want presented . If you're not in their target demo, both of you can walk away both happy with your decision. That's why it's rediculous for most businesses to cave to protests as most of the protestors were and will never be their customer. They just want the scalp.

Β 

Even walmart has a target customer. Some just choose a bigger pool than others.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

I said I don't like flip flops, you can wear them all you want. And if you insist, sure wear the AC/DC shirt that has the torn collar and holes in the pits, I do know it's comfortable. Mainly I was stating what is good for me to wear, I don't care what other people wear.

In the bag

Thanks for making my point trilerian. Many very reasonable solutions were posted for your β€œplight,” but you seem more interested in being a victim than resolving the issue.

I think I would be fine without a dress-code in golf, and to let it self-regulate for the most part, as is the case with restaurants. I think people would dress 'better' at the fancier places ...

... and then you get the guy at the steakhouse who decides to take his tie and dress-shirt off at the table once he has swallowed his final bite of dessert. : )

I like this guy/gal? Fine with no dress code but throws a jab in anyway. I'm sorry, I need to make sure I have this right. You are asking if I'm afraid that some people will see my need for an undershirt as snobby. You do realize I'm not asking others to wear an undershirt, right?

So to answer, I don't care. I'm not requiring them to wear one, not even requesting them to wear one. To be honest, most likely never even looked to see if they are wearing one, cause I don't give a flying hoot what other people wear!This is a good post and true. Not sure what it has to do with the price of tea in China, but it's true!

In the bag

I'm not sure what point I have helped make, but if you feel better about yourself then GREAT! Now please exit stage left, thanks!

In the bag

Some days are probably too hot to play golf. I seem to be a slow learner when it comes to temperature though. I'm out playing once it hits 40* and have never stayed home because it was too hot. One day I'm sure I learn my lesson there, I've had heat exhaustion a few times on the course and that isn't fun. I've learned that if I stop sweating, it's time to go, pronto. The incident on the golf course probably would have been prevented if they had had water available at the turn. But instead I had to ration what was left of my 20 oz on the back. I was near heat exhaustion when I was done and I didn't even wait for the rest of the guys in my group to putt out. I said I have to go, later.

In the bag

Most of us have a line that we draw regarding acceptable behavior. Many private clubs don't allow changing of shoes or clothes in the parking lot. Why? Give people an inch and they take yards and more. I've seen nitwits standing behind their car in underwear and a few cases naked wrapped in a towel while changing from golf to other cloths... mind you, a golf course parking lot, and not giving a squat about the infraction or members not wanting to see such behavior. Everyone has a right to pick and chose who they surround themselves with.

I've allowed relaxed attire in corporate meetings and had one middle manager show up in shorts, polo and flip-flops. I asked him what was he thinking, he said he thought it was acceptable. I sent him home. That behavior alerted us to watch him closer. Subsequently, we saw other questionable judgment calls so he was eventually released. Common sense and judgment are key to many aspects of life.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15Β° GDΒ TourΒ AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12,Β M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x orΒ AVX

"Everyone has a right to pick and choose who they surround themselves with."

Β 

I'm just going to say that statement says a lot about you. That's not a right, it's privilege. And acceptable behavior and dressing nicely are not mutually exclusive. But you are correct, we definitely draw lines on what we consider acceptable behavior. And there are quite a few people who have posted in this thread that I never want to meet. Just remember, what you consider acceptable behavior most likely differs from what I consider acceptable. We all have differing social mores and values. Just because we think differently doesn't make one person better than another. Remember sociology class? Or did you skip that one on your climb to the top?

In the bag

Pick and choose who we associate with is based on the Constitution, freedom of choice, setting values and standards, and living by example. Your bias is showing when you go to "doesn't make one person better than another," which seems to be your tone. You are right, you and I are very different, and I am fine with that difference. However every day each of us gets up and puts on our pants the same; difference in each of us is what we do with the rest of the day.

I have eight years of psychology education as a foundation to forty years of management experience and studying Behavior modification in the work environment. I skipped sociology 101 as it was not applicable to much more that insecurities, idealism and wishful thinking.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

You have your rights and privileges mixed up. The bill of rights protects are rights, it doesn't give them to us. We are born with rights, they are inherent. Choosing who you want to be around is a privilege. Or did you skip Government 101 too?

Β 

As for me, I'm pretty good at what I do for a living, and I made sure I learned from everything I have done. Even the classes I didn't want to take.

In the bag

You're entertaining... Keep trying to prove yourself smarter and equal ... lol

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

... There is a huge difference between your entitlement and others elitism. They know thy are practicing elitism while you have no clue as to your entitlement. Of course nothing anyone posts here will get you to see that. I love a great meal and don't mind paying for it. But I dislike snobby, elitist restaurants with a snooty wait staff and do not frequent those establishments. It never occurred to me to complain about those pulling up in their Mercedes S Class for valet service that expect to be catered to as I prefer to park my own car and open my own door as well as having a friendly wait staff interact with me like a human being that isn't looking for a lower class servant. I do not pass any judgement on those that prefer to be pampered and treated like a King if that experience is enjoyable for them, I just avoid those restaurants. If I am paying $250 for a meal (without alcohol) I want the food to be extraordinary, the restaurant friendly and inviting and the patrons happy and having a good time. But that is me and I don't expect others to feel the same.

... Same with golf courses. If I play a snooty course and don't feel like it is a fun place, I just don't go back. I would never rant about being treated like an elitist and again just won't play there again. Yet I have played plenty of high end courses where the experience was excellent.

Driver: Β  Β  Β  TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway: Β  Β TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids: Β  Β Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β TM Dhy #4 ... DiamanaΒ LTD 65r

Irons: Β  Β  Β  Β  Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges: Β  Β Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter: Β  Β  Β  Cobra King Sport-60
Ball: Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

I glad I could make you feel better about yourself. That's what us little people are for after all.

In the bag

I'm not sure why me not liking and not wanting to wear golf attire makes me entitled. A sense of entitlement would make me think I have a right to play at a golf course wearing what I want. I don't think I have a right to play golf anywhere, playing golf is a privilege! Wearing what I want somewhere is a privilege! All I want is the privilege to wear what I want to a golf course! That doesn't make me entitled. Whiny sure, maybe needy, maybe even ridiculous for wanting something so far fetched. But not entitled. I never said anywhere in any of my posts that I believe I have a right to wear what I want to the golf course. And you will never hear me say that. I'm not the one who is entitled here...

In the bag

He's exhausting. Some people just have to be different and unique and a perennial victim. He insists on acting like a jerkoff and then complains when he is considered and treated like a jerkoff.

• Like 1

Β 

... This is from your first post "I really feel this is one of those things that need to go by the wayside." You want what others deem a part of tradition to go away. If you don't see that as entitled my first post applies Β "Of course nothing anyone posts here will get you to see that". You have argued with anyone having a different opinion for 5 pages so clearly that is your goal and why some call you a troll.

• Like 1

Driver: Β  Β  Β  TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway: Β  Β TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids: Β  Β Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β TM Dhy #4 ... DiamanaΒ LTD 65r

Irons: Β  Β  Β  Β  Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges: Β  Β Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter: Β  Β  Β  Cobra King Sport-60
Ball: Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Privileges are something you've earned, bought,or given and can be taken away. What are you willing to do to get said privileges?

Β 

Entitlement is the same as privileges. Problem with many people is that they believe they deserve said privileges/entitlements but have yet to earn them. When people say people are entitled, it's really an abuse of the term that's now been admitted to the lexicon.

Β 

So what you're really wanting is accomadation.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

Yep - dysfunctional one sided and reactive. lol Have a good day.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

**All I want is the privilege to wear what I want to the golf course**

As I stated before - you have 2 options. Comply with whatever dress code may be at any given course you play, or go buy your own course and start your own club where you can dress however you want.

Complaining about it is really getting old. There are plenty of munis where you can where a collarless dri fit shirt (and some even don’t care about jeans or b-ball shorts either). I’m not knocking that at all. It’s the owner’s prerogative to set any dress code they see fit (or no dress code). It’s the owners, not β€œgolf”, which is what you’re ranting about - the game itself dictating the dress, which flat out isn’t the case.

For me, I’m knocking the complaining and whining about it, and the justification - staining shirts and wearing a belt - both of which don’t pass the sniff test if you have clothes made from the right materials and proper fit.

I personally don't like the fact that every golf course I play charges money for the "privilege" of setting foot on their snooty, pristine grass. Then, when I just walk onto the course, start playing, and refuse to leave...they call the cops on me. I mean, seriously, how much more elitist can you get?

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge