Help me assemble a Bryson like bag

extrastiff

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I would say you've found your sweet spot.  

A good example of why we do some of these things, right?  Or maybe it's just the Favor bestowed upon you by the golf gods.  🙂

I'm also feeling a bit old watching those, LOL.  Father Time.  😉

I'm enjoying this journey.  This is awesome stuff.  <tip cap>

Thanks man journaling it all here has definitely been helping me layout a path forward, and is pretty enjoyable. 

definitely why we do some of these things. I think this has been big for my game. Id pay good money to see someone of Bryson’s skill level try this out. He is shorter than me, And probably stronger. Or someone like Rory might be deadly accurate with a 7 iron at wedge length.  

if I had access to club developers, I would absolutely be testing 9 iron/wedge length. Or lighter stiffer shafts like the rebars? Even lighter? Then could go crazy swing weight/head mass, ball speed prob goes thru the roof

but yea the golf gods blessing hard right now I owe them

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

• 2 weeks later...

Playing 18 tomorrow, gonna try and get numbers. Overall, additions have been amazing. Game been greatly impacted by these experiments, rapid improvement, increased knowledge. Shooting into low sixties first time in life. Easier courses but I will test myself with tourneys soon.  Who has time for that stuff is beyond me. As I write my dissertation. 

this thread has reached its final two update posts from me, unless some cool development in my competitive application of them, or change the build of the clubs notably. 

-I added a 62 heavy high toe wedge 12 bounce. Inch or more over standard length I think. X7. Long swings are fine, heavy but controllable at that length. Usually choked down for pitch and chips, more like standard length at that point. 

-6iron still needs to be be bent two strong. Writing it down as a reminder. I keep forgetting. Or I should properly gap the bag one of these days rather than these guesses, but dunno who has time for that,sure not me. It’s close enough till I’m on tour lol 

-added a cobra 7 wood. Really cool stable flight, will use it on perfect days to tear apart some courses in place of a 4 iron. I’m just feeling a lot more that the woods offer an ease of swing, a forgiveness, a flight, an iron simply can’t offer. But if windy, forget it. It would be Like trying to fly a whiffle ball 240

-added 43.75 inch “2 wood” 12 degree speed zone big tour cobra.  Used the 65 gram trono shaft from my 45.75 driver. At almost an inch over, the 2 wood has no lead tape. It’s a beast. Like it’s the most fun thing I’ve ever hit. I’ll have to learn how to produce golf videos so I can show flight, numbers, etc.   but it’s going 300 in the air off the deck...I’ll get some video as soon as I can 

-ok finally.  ..........driver is a Stud. For the first time in my life, it may be the strongest club in my bag. 47.5 inches. I know ..  lol. m1 head, removed track weights.

I was terrible with it first session a week ago. But today, it clicked that I’m like dj, in that I deloft almost even more with the longer driver. Switched the loft from 8.5 to 10.5....boom. Hitting back of range at 280 with super limited flight balls, strait flying high runners. It was amazing fun. Wanted to see potential so I whipped out a decent ball from the bag... Im calling in 320 in air out of back of range. 
 I’m getting gcquad video in a couple days, no time rn. Easy to swing it fast enough to hit it that far with balance and control. controlled blasts, teed up conservatively almost kinda low. the loft launches it. I’m stoked, fairway finder setup. It is more accurate just cause I’m smarter about the physics of it. But tomato tomato. It’s a 330 yard fairway finder setup....I’m stoked for tomorrow did I say that already. 

Bryson bag complete. Id venture a guess it’s as Bryson as u can go with some cool personal touches in my opinion. Video and pics coming soon.  gapping video? If I get some interest maybe. Now to get good enough that cobra or someone else will redo it all pretty for me.  It’s all pretty ugly

my witb:

(p790 2,3,4 only come when windy. Usually fairway woods get cut in those cases, maybe gapwedge ).

i dunno swingweights, but they are leaden, and heavy. Very very heavy lol. I don’t know why I’m yelling. 

M1 10.5, Trono 65 tx untipped

47.5 inches

Big tour speed zone 12, trono65 tx tipped 2 inches

43.7 inches

G400 15.5, hzrdus green 85 txtipped 1.5

42.75 inches

F8+ 19, hzrdus green 95tx tipped 1.5

41 inches 

F8 22.5, tz5 m5 100tx tipped “ a bit “lol

41 inches

gapr lo 17, tensei white tx untipped

P790 3,4,5 iron,x7

Forged one length 6-pw,x7

37.25 inches

Mim wedges 53, 58, x7

Hi toe 62,x7

36.5 inches,

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 2

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Gonna take some Videos of absolute rockets tomorrow.  Starting to get into a grove with the 47.5 driver. 

also been working with an instructor to cure my over the top move, as well as my leg collapse move. Added significant gains to my speed and striking. 

I can’t imagine what I’d be hitting with a 5 degree driver while hitting up on it. Definitely gonna build that out again with the lightest stiffest thing I can find

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

To all those that know how hard it is to hit marathon limited flight range balls over 170 ballspeed and out of the range, this ones for u

to all those that don’t… Don’t judge me

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

Some “one length” chip shots. The 60 degree is at pw length, the 55 is at 9 iron length. 8/9 degrees bounce on both.  A little laggy on the shoulder turn, but I got away with it

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tannyhoban said:

I gotta admit, this has been a very interesting thread. I had my doubts at first, but you are one dedicated dude.

Have at it!

Thanks! More coming soon

• Like 1

This comes with apologies if you've stated this before and I'm just not remembering.  Or too lazy to go back and find it.  🙂

@extrastiff, wondering how tall you are, and what your wrist to floor measurement is?  My curiosity stems, in part, from the travels of OsnolaKinard as he moved to the single length world; he's a taller than average dude.  There seems a bit of a connection with height and the single length thing, at least with respect to the short irons.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

5 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

This comes with apologies if you've stated this before and I'm just not remembering.  Or too lazy to go back and find it.  🙂

@extrastiff, wondering how tall you are, and what your wrist to floor measurement is?  My curiosity stems, in part, from the travels of OsnolaKinard as he moved to the single length world; he's a taller than average dude.  There seems a bit of a connection with height and the single length thing, at least with respect to the short irons.

video of me choked down on a standard length 60 degree makes me really anxious and sad lol. im 6'3, dunno my wrist to floor, but arms are long, hands are big.

i am not a licensed psychiatrist, but i could definitely see there being a correlation.

• Like 2

update:
-So I have given up on the 47.5 inch driver until I can build it with a lighter shaft. I played a brutal water course this weekend, and it made it very clear  that the control aspect of this driver just does not work on certain courses (a dozen golf balls later). Plus Kyle Berkshire suggesting he only gets 15 extra yards (which is consistent with my findings), makes me really doubt I’ll “need” that distance unless I get to an elite level of competition.  I have taken off almost an inch, taking it to a little over 46 1/2. I will try this for a while, and cut down as needed. Should be ok, but may end up settling on slightly over 46 inches if this is still hard to control. 
-I am really enjoying the 62 degree hi toe at about an inch over standard length. I’m not super hunched over, but the shorter club does seem marginally easier to swing. 
-I will be trying a cobra one length utility club with a brass shim on an x7 wedge shaft. I am shakey enough with my 4 iron to give it a shot. 
-video of driver swings, 12 degree speedzone, and 62 degree hi toe coming soon

Edited by extrastiff

A couple 2 woods off the deck. Didn’t bother with gcquad cause it’s an aqua range, numbers max out at 215 on any club but driver. Swinging at 95 percent here, hammerfisty. 

really improved with the longer wedges, video coming soon along with driver video and numbers with a real ball. 

sound up!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 5:08 AM, extrastiff said:

Oh, my misses are terrible 🙂 . But I don’t care

miss=huge 300- 350 yard Slice balloon, or 300 yard worm burner (I actually kinda like the worm burner hah). Everyone in front of the ball is in danger, no matter where you are I will find you.

hit=330+ in the air, straight to small fade

we won’t talk percentages lol, but I’m riding this wave for sure. I’m with the scientist for now. I may try 6degree sim or other low lofts when I can find them

Bomb and gauge.  That's the way to play for me as well.  I don't hit the ball nearly as far as you do, but I will take my 300 to 310 yard drive and hit wedge into the green all day with a smile on my face.  🤑

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Bomb and gauge.  That's the way to play for me as well.  I don't hit the ball nearly as far as you do, but I will take my 300 to 310 yard drive and hit wedge into the green all day with a smile on my face.  🤑

Definitely. I learned very quickly this weekend that the bomb and gouge approach does not work on courses with ALL the water hazards, but on most courses I getaway with it. 

cut the driver down to 46.6 inches, added a bunch of weight to the head. Much more manageable, and doubt the extra inch could possibly add enough distance to make it worth it. 

I’ll wait for Bryson to show 47.5 can be won with, before I waste my money and time trying again lol

Edited by extrastiff

On 12/1/2020 at 8:34 AM, bullie76 said:

Don't forget the protein shakes.

I was crushing some for a couple moths,then after some research decided that Bryson was just trying to sell protein shakes lol. Seems some research points to more than about 25 grams (obviously would vary based on many factors)of protein a day being ineffective 

Edited by extrastiff

My coach has essentially gotten to the point of laughing at the length of my one length clubs and my general posture. He is making me take it back to 6 iron length. 

😞

Oh and realized the sim fits the m1 adaptor, and in a show of gratitude to taylormade for doing that, purchased a sim max. Took out the rear weight, put the screw back in....

It’s the deal. The noise like ur “breaking the face”

😎 

set to 8 or 9 degrees right now, cutting through wind, looks longer than m1 by a long shot. And performance is night and day, along with some swing changes so we will have to do a shootout. ..

Na m1 is dust, who wants it?

I’m not messing with this combo

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, extrastiff said:

I was crushing some for a couple moths,then after some research decided that Bryson was just trying to sell protein shakes lol. Seems some research points to more than about 25 grams (obviously would vary based on many factors)of protein a day being ineffective 

Consuming more than 1 gram per pound is pointless.  I used to do bodybuilding shows way back in the day and I would experiment with protein intake.  I get most of my protein from various meats through out the day and do no more than 2 to 3 scoops of protein powder daily.  At one point I was drinking 6 shakes like Bryson and realized it was costly and pointless.  Obviously Bryson needs more protein because he's 250ish now, but me being 175 atm, I don't need to do more than 170 grams of protein daily.  I find the sweet spot to be 0.75 to 1 gram of protein per pound. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

53 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Consuming more than 1 gram per pound is pointless.  I used to do bodybuilding shows way back in the day and I would experiment with protein intake.  I get most of my protein from various meats through out the day and do no more than 2 to 3 scoops of protein powder daily.  At one point I was drinking 6 shakes like Bryson and realized it was costly and pointless.  Obviously Bryson needs more protein because he's 250ish now, but me being 175 atm, I don't need to do more than 170 grams of protein daily.  I find the sweet spot to be 0.75 to 1 gram of protein per pound. 

Lmao maybe it was 240 I read? Not 24? Yea I need more protein 

4 minutes ago, extrastiff said:

Lmao maybe it was 240 I read? Not 24? Yea I need more protein 

If you workout frequently, increasing protein intake is necessary compared to someone who is mostly sedentary.  The body needs nutrients in general including protein and minerals in order to heal itself after strenuous activity.  It really depends on weight and how active you are but you probably know this.   

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

If you workout frequently, increasing protein intake is necessary compared to someone who is mostly sedentary.  The body needs nutrients in general including protein and minerals in order to heal itself after strenuous activity.  It really depends on weight and how active you are but you probably know this.   

I know it, but have not been tracking intakes or researching enough. Thanks for catching that!

on this note, I’m going to Greg roskopf. The crazy part starts at minute 25:00 or so

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, extrastiff said:

I know it, but have not been tracking intakes or researching enough. Thanks for catching that!

on this note, I’m going to Greg roskopf. The crazy part starts at minute 25:00 or so

He has a lot of good points which mostly revolve around developing strength and flexibility around the core.  I have all my clients train their core but especially emphasize that area for my guys and gals that play at the high school, college and pro level.  We also spend some time after strength and speed training with stretching and loosening up tight muscles.  My business partner and good buddy also have a PT and chiro on staff who come in 3 days a week and specialize in spine alignment and sports therapy.  Of course all this is limited with the covid thing going on atm.  I whole heartedly believe that breaking up lactic acid, reducing inflammation and treating sports injuries are just as important as gym activities.  Can't do your job effectively if you're always hurting.  😉 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 10:53 AM, NRJyzr said:

The more I work with my coach on proper swing posture, the more your point about height seems to hit the nail on the head. My issues are exacerbated when I use shorter clubs. Anecdotal at best, but still..

Update:

My swing has been revamped, and coach has me hitting 175 yard pitching wedges with the best flight I’ve hit. Hands are higher significantly as the picture shows, hip rotation increased. 

Hitting inside, eliminating heel balls, has added about 10 yards on irons, 20 on woods, and increased peak height, descent angle, and eliminated most of the misses right (I just learned this so obviously no consistency yet)

I think it’s safe to say 320+ Carry and straight with a normal length driver is no longer a matter of if, but when.  We will be rebuilding a 47.5 driver with a 55 gram shaft when the swing overhaul is consistent. 

C308F46F-048B-452C-8B3B-5CAC49F8F023.png

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If this post gets 3 likes (high bar, I know), I’ll post video of me hitting a driver on gcquad with a real golf ball.  

this is truely the last update post, I might take this show on the road 

Update: 

-back to standard length driver lol.

-finally got another pw and bent it to be a gap wedge

-added the one length forged 5 iron. It’s fun to hit, but may opt for a p790 once I build the one I ordered. Loosing a couple mph ball speed on mishits is penalizing at 215 yards. I need to do a shootout with the two. But I think I want a few more yards out of it. 

-lengthened all one lengths to 37.75

-I just learned a move to help get my hands as high as I want them, so these numbers may jump up in a week. 

current witb and numbers on solid shots. Need to do a real gapping

-Sim max 8.5 degree 45.5 inches trono 65x untipped

315 carry, 325+ total average. 

43.7 inches

288 carry, 300+ total

G400 15.5, hzrdus green 85 txtipped 1.5, 42.75 inches

275 carry,285total

F8+ 19, hzrdus green 95tx tipped 1.5, 41 inches 

265 carry, 275 total

F8 22.5, tz5 m5 100tx tipped .5

41 inches

250 carry, 255 total

gapr lo 17 degree, tensei white tx untipped 39.5 inches

265 carry, total is super dependent on conditions.

P790 4 iron,x7

240 carry, rollout depends on launch, conditions, etc

Forged one length 5-gw,x7

37.75 inches

5 iron goes 220, gap wedge goes 150. No rollout on either when hit well. 

Mim wedges 55, 60, x7

55 goes 125, 60 goes 115. 

i assemble the top of the bag based on the course layout. Unless windy, dry, or super narrow, 2 iron stays at home, and usually ditch 2 of the fairway woods (whichever don’t fit the course best) to get to 14

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, extrastiff said:

If this post gets 3 likes (high bar, I know), I’ll post video of me hitting a driver on gcquad with a real golf ball.  

this is truely the last update post, I might take this show on the road 

Update: 

-back to standard length driver lol.

-finally got another pw and bent it to be a gap wedge

-added the one length forged 5 iron. It’s fun to hit, but may opt for a p790 once I build the one I ordered. Loosing a couple mph ball speed on mishits is penalizing at 215 yards. I need to do a shootout with the two. But I think I want a few more yards out of it. 

-lengthened all one lengths to 37.75

-I just learned a move to help get my hands as high as I want them, so these numbers may jump up in a week. 

current witb and numbers on solid shots. Need to do a real gapping

-Sim max 8.5 degree 45.5 inches trono 65x untipped

315 carry, 325+ total average. 

43.7 inches

288 carry, 300+ total

G400 15.5, hzrdus green 85 txtipped 1.5, 42.75 inches

275 carry,285total

F8+ 19, hzrdus green 95tx tipped 1.5, 41 inches 

265 carry, 275 total

F8 22.5, tz5 m5 100tx tipped .5

41 inches

250 carry, 255 total

gapr lo 17 degree, tensei white tx untipped 39.5 inches

265 carry, total is super dependent on conditions.

P790 4 iron,x7

240 carry, rollout depends on launch, conditions, etc

Forged one length 5-gw,x7

37.75 inches

5 iron goes 220, gap wedge goes 150. No rollout on either when hit well. 

Mim wedges 55, 60, x7

55 goes 125, 60 goes 115. 

i assemble the top of the bag based on the course layout. Unless windy, dry, or super narrow, 2 iron stays at home, and usually ditch 2 of the fairway woods (whichever don’t fit the course best) to get to 14

My question is why you're leaving the tronos 65x untipped?  The SIM MAX head spins quite a bit from my experience.  Also, the tronos isn't nearly as tip stiff as the hulk green, ventus black, CK pro white, etc.   You have your 3 metal tipped 2 inches which makes sense.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

My question is why you're leaving the tronos 65x untipped?  The SIM MAX head spins quite a bit from my experience.  Also, the tronos isn't nearly as tip stiff as the hulk green, ventus black, CK pro white, etc.   You have your 3 metal tipped 2 inches which makes sense.......

Lol cause I’m tired of having shops scratch my clubs up and I don’t have a shaft puller 😒

I’ll pull the back weight and lead tape the front to knock spin off. Have not gotten spin numbers yet but yea I’m concerned it will be too much.  It’s flying awesome tho. It feels ok untipped, tho I will prob tip a new one at some point when I have a bad enough driving day or we find out the spin is not manageable

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, phizzy30 said:

Well.. don’t need a shaft puller anymore 🙃 Call it tipped 1.5

B23D3752-D931-4EA9-855C-FE12F804CCAD.jpeg

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, pdiddy3 said:

That is the trono? Just turned me off of that shaft.

When you are building your own clubs and swinging a 47 inch driver at e4 swing-weight at 130 mph, you accept certain things may occur, and u pray those things do not happen around people. 

if it makes a difference, I have been playing it since I tipped it, and it’s awesome, no subsequent failure in that or the 2 wood that I have a trono in.