Help me assemble a Bryson like bag

I picked up an XR16 when I got back into golf, big mistake the slices were epic though, should have grabbed a cheap M2 or G20 instead. Still have that XR16, tempted to bring it to the range and compare to my G410.

Anyways don't forget the JumboMax grips for all your clubs and if you have a 14 way divider bag you'll need a new bag for those grips.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's a breath of fresh air compared to the other NPC's on tour

By “previliged” and “self-centered” you mean hard working, determined, and passionate about the game, right?

In celebration, posting another terrible rushed flat off balance swing from the other evening. 5 iron. Excited to Get on the range tomorrow ( end of two week quarantine), replace these videos with som

Really, I have a medium and XL of the UltraLite and they don't fit into my Ping bag. The medium can but it's a squeeze.

Lefty WITB

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

This reminds me of when everyone wanted clubs like Tiger... come on, you know you guys bought Nike clubs.

I get the theory of eliminating variables so you can become more consistent, but I haven't seen anyone successfully pull off the one length set. Bryson is the only guy that is doing it well, and his wedge game sucks as a result. I think Bryson could have twice as many wins with normal length short irons and wedges. He's playing with "inferior equipment" as they would say about Tiger.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Bryson has unintentionally (or intentionally) taken out all the one-length clubs out of his bag by hitting it so far. He might as well only carry a driver, long iron and a couple of wedges. The rest of his irons are now useless to him. Kinda makes the one-length thing redundant.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Uh yeah, he's playing an inferior set-up

So inferior - the last month, on the PGA TOUR, he hasn't finished outside the Top 10. He WON a tournament for the 6th time! Oh, he won the NCAA & US AM playing his inferior set-up as well

So MUCH inferior

So MANY WINS

But he could've won more - maybe Jack with his 218 Top 5 finishes Shoulda won more with a different set-up

Fifty

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

Hmmm.....are you talking a Hoofer 14? Not sure how much different it is but in my Ping Pioneer cart bag I have 13 clubs with large Jumbo max grips, an orange whip, and a putter and they all fit with tons of room, no binding /rubbing at the bottom at all.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Fuji Ventus Black 7X
PXG 0341X 3W Fuji Ventus Red 8X
PXG 0341X 5W Tensei Pro White TX80
PXG Gen 3 T’s 4-PW Elevate Tour X100
Vokey SM8 F50*, S54*, D58*
SC Special Select Del Mar

Tiger played inferior equipment, and makes Bryson look like a 4 handicap in 2000.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Last gen Pioneer, I have the grips without being on clubs and they don't fit.

Lefty WITB

Yeah looks to be way more space than mine. I just know if I switch to the JumboMax grips I need to buy a new bag. That's an expensive grip replacement.

Lefty WITB

All good not sure if I'm going to switch but I did want a second bag for spill over putters.

Lefty WITB

I would leave my wedges variable length. This is not tigers equipment.

the grips help my carpal tunnel, the flex helps contral my speed, the driver head optimizes my launch. .. these are all changes based on noticeable improvement to my enjoyment of the game and scores. I have tried single length and jumbomax on and off for the past couple years. I know what I want lol

and I’m sorry what other top 100 professional have you seen try single length? And I’m not following how dumb comments about tigers equipment supports your point, his equipment is far from inferior to anyone that can truely play.

• Like 1

I know where Ovechkin and TJ Oshie get their gear... Virtually no loft. All one length. Custom grip. Should fit the bill.

Driver: TaylorMade 2016 M2 9.5° at 8°

3W: TaylorMade V-Steel 15°

3H: Taylormade M3 19°

Irons (4-W): Titleist 718 AP1 (21°-48°)

SW: Titleist Vokey SM7 54.10S (brushed steel)

LW: TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 60.10 (copper)

Putter: TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had difficulty with the 6 degreee driver at first, as in 1 out of 10 shots was good long drive stuff for sure lol. Could not figure out why the massive slices.

then I compared the weight difference between it and a 410 lst. .. 20 grams! I knew it would be lighter but that surprised me. Now that it is properly weighted it is a true driver.

The lower the driver loft, the lower the amount of backspin it will create. This is great for longer drives but will exaggerate your swing faults since the lower backspin cannot compensate and overcome the sidespin you create.

Have you ever considered taking lessons?

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I agreed.

He comes off as "I'm the smartest, know it all in the room". Then whines about clear cut rulings, plays super slow with little regard for his playing partners and just comes off as a total jackass IMHO.

When you add in the commentators taking ad nauseum about how big and strong he is and how many calories and protein shakes he drinks...it just has become old real fast.

booo. Troll. I have gcquad, I track my spin numbers carefully. Which you would know, if you read the thread rather than just coming on here to troll.

You must be the guy at the range telling everyone to slow their swing down, then u go shoot a smooth 85. I’m a Plus cap, and yea if u know a top 100 coach cell phone number let me get it.

You said yourself you got a slice with a 6 degree driver and I assume that you dont slice with your 10.5 LST but maybe a slight fade. Am I correct? Sorry for taking my quote the wrong way but the ball flight doesn't lie.

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

Oh. That's what I didn't know. I thought you had another driver that had 7.5 deg, I didn't you turned down the loft of you 9 deg LST to 7.5. That explains everything.

Sort of explains everything. You still came in hot insulting me talking about lessons before checking numbers, if I had numbers, What my handicap was, what my equipment was…or anything else.

anyways. To anyone on this thread because they find it enjoyable, I put an X7 wedge shaft in a six iron forged one length. built it today, hit it twice on the golf course this evening. Two favorite six irons I’ve ever hit. I’m about to try to do a Bryson iron set with X7 wedge shafts

Haha - bad hockey joke! Go Caps!

Driver: TaylorMade 2016 M2 9.5° at 8°

3W: TaylorMade V-Steel 15°

3H: Taylormade M3 19°

Irons (4-W): Titleist 718 AP1 (21°-48°)

SW: Titleist Vokey SM7 54.10S (brushed steel)

LW: TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 60.10 (copper)

Putter: TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 2