Aprropriate Advertising Practice ?

puresurfr

I saw an ad on BST for a Accra TZ5 75 shaft in M5 flex, the seller advertises it as used 9 holes.  However when questioned about it because the tip looks much older, he says he only used it for 9 holes but he bought it used.  I mentioned that it was the same as listing a set of irons as unhit because even though they are worn to heck, you did not hit them.

For that comment I was issued a warning ?  Perhaps im looking at this issue differently, are we encouraged now to advertise in a creative manner ?

I think the reasoning is just avoid commenting about the condition that other people have listed as if you do not agree with the condition listed then you do not need to purchase the item. I think allowing that just creates a toxic forum that we would have people commenting on condition even more. The one area I think should be stated every time is if the item is not authentic. But again these are just my interpretations and I would agree that the seller was "creative" in the description. 

1 hour ago, puresurfr said:

I saw an ad on BST for a Accra TZ5 75 shaft in M5 flex, the seller advertises it as used 9 holes.  However when questioned about it because the tip looks much older, he says he only used it for 9 holes but he bought it used.  I mentioned that it was the same as listing a set of irons as unhit because even though they are worn to heck, you did not hit them.

For that comment I was issued a warning ?  Perhaps im looking at this issue differently, are we encouraged now to advertise in a creative manner ?

I’m actually the one asking him the questions and I saw your reply. Seems pretty outlandish that a member can’t refer to the audacity of listing it as being used 9 holes ,when it’s clearly been beat to hell and back looking at the graphics and the tip.. I agree with you as nothing was said about price. Smh

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

I’m actually the one asking him the questions and I saw your reply. Seems pretty outlandish that a member can’t refer to the audacity of listing it as being used 9 holes ,when it’s clearly been beat to hell and back looking at the graphics and the tip.. I agree with you as nothing was said about price. Smh

There is nothing preventing you from taking it to PMs. You were warned and told exactly why the previous poster stated. Ads are not for bickering. That is what PMs are for. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

9 hours ago, Gxgolfer said:

There is nothing preventing you from taking it to PMs. You were warned and told exactly why the previous poster stated. Ads are not for bickering. That is what PMs are for. 

Thanks , but I was not warned for anything. You can see my posts in the listing asking questions. When someone says they have a shaft that’s been used 9 holes and you see that , questions will be asked. Pm or in the post. He still didn’t clarify once I asked him the question and the other member caught onto that. 

10 hours ago, puresurfr said:

It seriously is hiding important information.  Why would he say used 9 holes instead of saying it is used ???  That is extremely shady.  Haha and im the one getting a warning for it.  I guarantee you a buyer expecting a TZ5 played for 9 holes would be very disappointed.  

The seller actually removed the used 9 holes part. Hopefully it wasn’t when he removed the pictures after the sale and the buyer is happy. 

7 minutes ago, puresurfr said:

Sorry man, he quoted you but my post was removed and I received a warning for that post. Pretty sure that the comment by GXgolfer was meant for me.

Anybody know how many warnings you get before being banned ???

No worries man. I know you were just looking out for the WRX community , just as myself.
I’m actually looking for a TZ5 but once I saw that and making the claims of it being tipped and standard length at 45” from Ping it prompted my questions because neither is standard from Ping. It doesn’t seem right for the ones asking and/or calling out something that isn’t correct so there isn’t a buyer left holding the bag.The seller should be held accountable for their listings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

it sounds like something a sleazy car salesman would say to get the deal done. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

37 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Just had to share since we’re on the subject of misleading..? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224143706699

WTF is that! Holee cow.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Rules says you cant post negative stuff. If you want more info PM the seller directly. You will learn one way or the other that you as the buyer has to take the extra steps to ensure you are getting exactly what you think you are getting. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

6 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

Rules says you cant post negative stuff. If you want more info PM the seller directly. You will learn one way or the other that you as the buyer has to take the extra steps to ensure you are getting exactly what you think you are getting. 

I understand , but , blatantly lying of condition really shouldn’t be ignored in any format.   Negativity and accountability are not one in the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Skhacker said:

There's no room on the BST for protecting the long term and honest members.  How dare you.  

If it was really that obvious, people can see the same thing from the photos and then decide for themselves.  There has been lots of that lately "only used 5 rounds" and the clubs look like they fell out of the car on the way to the course.  Breaking rules, complaining threads about tired topics or destroying peoples for sale ads in the spirit of "protecting members" is kind of wack.    

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Just my 2 cents, but if an add is false/misleading etc then it need to be pointe dout by those who know, because not all the members on here know.  

Perfect example is the comment about selling a driver with a "factory installed" shaft.  Even knowledgeable people might not know that manufactures X does not offer shaft Y  - would hate to see the BSTs become "buyer beware"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

If it was really that obvious, people can see the same thing from the photos and then decide for themselves.  There has been lots of that lately "only used 5 rounds" and the clubs look like they fell out of the car on the way to the course.  Breaking rules, complaining threads about tired topics or destroying peoples for sale ads in the spirit of "protecting members" is kind of wack.    

Again , I was interested in the shaft and the reason I opened that classified, not to put anyone one blast. But again , one size doesn't fit all with this one. Maybe you didn't get a chance to see the add/listing/pictures before the seller took them down or changed it,  but it wasn't just concerning the condition. Listing stated it plays to "Ping standard and tipped PING standard driver" is not entirely accurate. Post is still active. Asked for specific length, what was Ping standard tipping for driver and if this was only used 9 holes as he had in his listing and did he purchase it new. Came back with no length, standard Ping length of 45" playing (not their standard)  standard Ping 1/2" tipping (not their standard) and the shaft was used 9 holes by him. I guess a year by someone else.

Not sure when it became an ordeal to ask matter of fact questions pertaining to what the seller has listed and when they answer in the thread , we then move it to a PM so no one else is aware of the answers.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see this in the Deal Or No Deal thread stating it had a 2" extension that wasn't disclosed. 

3 hours ago, bubbagump said:

Actually it wasn't that obvious and his pictures were low quality, if it wasn't for golf teen I would have fell for it and im a seasoned trader on these forums.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bubbagump said:

Defending that type of advertising is kind of wack

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bubbagump said:

Easy there Kriss Kross, no one is advocating for "breaking rules, complaining threads and destroying sale ads". The DND board is filled with posts from people that received items in worse condition than advertised, we don't need another one. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, puresurfr said:

Defending that type of advertising is kind of wack

I'm not defending the advertising, I'm advocating for people to do their own due diligence and come to their own conclusions. The subjectivity of ratings, holes played or sleazy sales tactics etc for used equipment has been WELL discussed but it continues to be used (some times poorly and misleading) so ultimately its up to the buyer to sift through and make a choice.  Like I said, if the other member said "it’s clearly been beat to hell and back looking at the graphics and the tip", then just move on but somebody else may decide its worthwhile and the shaft while in rougher shape could still function fine.  

Edited by bubbagump

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

3 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

I'm not defending the advertising, I'm advocating for people to do their own due diligence and come to their own conclusions. The subjectivity of ratings, rankings or holes played etc for used equipment has been WELL discussed but it continues to be used (some times poorly) so ultimately its up to the buyer to sift through and make a choice.  Like I said, if the other member said "it’s clearly been beat to hell and back looking at the graphics and the tip", then just move on but somebody else may decide its worthwhile and the shaft while in rougher shape could still function fine.  

Thats exactly my point, the seller is being deceptive and its tough to expect new buyers to perform their due diligence.  The seller had pieces of poor resolution and  stated shaft has been used 9 holes.  It is easy to tell wear and tear on irons and wedges and even woods, but shafts especially in black color and shot in poor resolution ? Any normal buyer would be expecting a shaft that has been used 9 holes, not a shaft that has been owned by 6 different people and pretty much is at the end of its life.  Doing your due diligence, you would have to ask is there an extension ? any chips ? scratches ? cracks ? Even after all these questions, you may find that the shaft has been tipped 3" or the tip has been sanded to pencil thin.

Would you be happy with a shaft that has hit a total of 100 shots since new and only pulled once ?  But the underlying truth is that the shaft has only seen 100 balls but the buyer before me pulled the shaft a dozen times but I myself only pulled it once.