All Things Michigan Golf.....The Three Putt

knickerbocker

25 minutes ago, birdiestobogeys said:

Don’t really see the grand traverse resort courses mentioned much on any of the top lists. Playing the bear and wolverine for the first time in a few weeks wondering if anybody has thoughts on them? Also any tips or tricky holes to watch out for? 

They're fine, but I don't consider any of the GT courses to be all that fantastic. The Bear has a reputation for being tough -- it's not that difficult off the tee, but it's really a second shot golf course, and you need to be pretty precise with your irons to score well. The greens have a lot of fall-offs if you miss, and it's tough to get up & down if you miss in the wrong place. The Wolverine is a much friendlier resort layout -- wide fairways, and a lot of help from contours that funnel off-target shots into spots that aren't as bad as they could be.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

2 hours ago, birdiestobogeys said:

Don’t really see the grand traverse resort courses mentioned much on any of the top lists. Playing the bear and wolverine for the first time in a few weeks wondering if anybody has thoughts on them? Also any tips or tricky holes to watch out for? 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/michigan-best-in-state-rankings

Golf digest has their latest 2021/2022  state rankings and they have the Bear ranked 20 and that's including privates.

Screenshot_20210512-123645.png.81b3ae43d41bdbfed8374e661b7b0d4c.png

Ranking lists are always interesting.  I generally think Golf Digest does it best. 

The Loop is fun, but is not a top 30 course in the state, let alone take up 2 spots.

Belvedere is fine, but doesn't belong on that list.  I would say the same for Tullymore, The Bear, Eagle Eye, and Harbor Shores.

The Dunes Club is only 9 holes, but belongs on the list

Battle Creek CC was on the list a few years ago, but has dropped off.  I am biased, but I think deserves a spot.

Its all subjective....always fun to argue. 

• Like 2

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

16 hours ago, knickerbocker said:

Ranking lists are always interesting.  I generally think Golf Digest does it best. 

The Loop is fun, but is not a top 30 course in the state, let alone take up 2 spots.

Belvedere is fine, but doesn't belong on that list.  I would say the same for Tullymore, The Bear, Eagle Eye, and Harbor Shores.

The Dunes Club is only 9 holes, but belongs on the list

Battle Creek CC was on the list a few years ago, but has dropped off.  I am biased, but I think deserves a spot.

Its all subjective....always fun to argue. 

Why dont you rate the Loop and Belvedere? Most people have them as top shelf.

2 hours ago, Chanceman said:

On the Loop, if I ignore the fun of playing a course in two different directions, I find the course itself (either routing) to be an enjoyable experience, but absent of any key signature holes.  Many of the holes are forgettable.  I do like the conditions and how it plays more like a Links course, but it had to sacrifice in some areas to create the reversible concept.  Again, my opnion.

Belvedere is a solid course.  I enjoy playing it every few years, but it gets ranked high based on history more than anything else.  The two nines seem like very different golf courses.  It would make my top 60 list, but definitely not top 30.  

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

4 hours ago, Chanceman said:

Count me among the people who think that the Loop is vastly overrated. I found that several green complexes don't really work that well from both directions. I recall one particular hole, where I had 50 yards in from the center of the fairway, and I made 6 without hitting a shot that I would consider to be a bad one. And I find that for a resort course where most people are never going to play it enough to really get to know the course well enough to understand how the ball will react when it hits the ground, there is too much local knowledge needed to hit it in places where the ball will get close to the hole. And like KB said, there's very few holes that I would consider to be very memorable.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

7 hours ago, Chanceman said:

Rankings are so subjective but I couldn't agree more about the Loop, its fun but there is nothing really memorable about it. I think its interesting to play every once in awhile but I feel like I have to play it 2 days in a row, Also the $200 price tag is just absurd to me. I couldn't disagree more about Belvedere I enjoy that course more every time I play it 

Thanks Guys, very interesting comments. The Loop is certainly intriguing so I look forward to playing it both ways.

Are there different tees to play from? Another question, you have to play them on separate days so I am guessing a lot of 36 hole boys will play the first Loop and Forest Dunes on one day and flip the next day? Is the length manageable for that? 

10 hours ago, Chanceman said:

Thanks Guys, very interesting comments. The Loop is certainly intriguing so I look forward to playing it both ways.

Are there different tees to play from? Another question, you have to play them on separate days so I am guessing a lot of 36 hole boys will play the first Loop and Forest Dunes on one day and flip the next day? Is the length manageable for that? 

I’d play the Loop red/black to warm up in the morning, then Forest Dunes after lunch.  Play the Loop red/black the next morning then hit the road to the next place.  I walk them all and it’s not that bad.  

12 hours ago, Chanceman said:

There are multiple tees and remember on the loop you will get a ton of roll on everything, it was very firm and fast the times I have played and I would guess it still is.

Just got back from tullymore and st Ives. Honestly I don’t know what all the hype is about. I enjoyed st Ives more, even though I’m not a big fan of target golf. But the place was in perfect shape. Tullymore just didn’t do it for me. Some cool green complexes, but that’s about it. Was really disappointed in the greens there. They were tough. Not sure why st Ives we’re so much better but I don’t think We will putting them back in the rotation. 

12 hours ago, reperna said:

Just got back from tullymore and st Ives. Honestly I don’t know what all the hype is about. I enjoyed st Ives more, even though I’m not a big fan of target golf. But the place was in perfect shape. Tullymore just didn’t do it for me. Some cool green complexes, but that’s about it. Was really disappointed in the greens there. They were tough. Not sure why st Ives we’re so much better but I don’t think We will putting them back in the rotation. 

Cant say I am surprised by these comments. Most of the better members prefer St. Ives. The greenskeeper there is outstanding and works his butt off. Tullymore is supposed to be the main course but for some reason they have a dude in his nineties as the keeper and we have had issues the last few years. I will say that every 2-3 years they mow down all the heather. They did it last fall and it hasn’t grown back yet. It is a much better looking course when it is up. 

• Like 2

Tullymore is a nice course....I have nothing against it and would gladly play it anytime.....but with that being said.....I have also never understood why it gets ranked so high.

Ping G425 Max Driver - 9*

Ping G425 Max 3-wood 14.5*

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 4 Hybrid 22*
Ping G710 irons 4-PW 
Ping G710 Wedges 48* 54*
Ping Anser 2 Putter
WITB Link

Tullymore has some fun holes, but also has some holes that really confuse me as what the designer was trying to do.  I also prefer St. Ives over Tullymore. 

Edited by knickerbocker

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

How's everyone season going? 

I am wildly inconsistent in a round, but still end up shooting 78 - 80 every single time it seems.  Driving the ball well.  Irons are either great or horrible.  Short game is meh and putting decent. 

Hopefully will get to a better place. 

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

Driving: Varies from round to round, but trending in the right direction. Hitting it a mile with the longer shaft I started using this year

Iron game: Started off terrible (overswinging, mostly), getting much better recently

Short game: Trash fire.

Putting: pretty good for me. Started hovering the head at address, especially on short putts, and it's resulted in a noticeably better stroke path (less snatching it back inside the line)

I started off the year hitting it pretty bad overall, but fortunately, it seems to be coming around. This winter, I didn't hit a ball for close to 3 months, which is an unusually long break for me, and that layoff seems like it did affect me a bit, especially because the uncooperative weather prevented me from playing much until the last couple of weeks, so I wasn't getting into any kind of rhythm.

I'm actually going to be driving out to L.A. at the end of this week, and we're going to stay there for all of June. I have a couple of friends out there that I play with, but I'll be surprised if I get in more than 2-3 rounds, so I might be back to square one when I get back. I'm hoping I'll be able to get my game together in time for a GAM Championship qualifier in July, and then for the Mid Am at the end of the summer.

Edited by 3_Jack_Par
  • Like 1

My game is all over the place but I’ve had some nice rounds early.  I’m still trying to get the driver figured out and need to commit to my swing.  Hopefully my putter stays hot.  I played Hampshire last week and could not miss a put on the Dogwood course.

I’m heading to Bandon for the first time in the end of June for my 40th bday present so I’m pumped about that 

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver - 9*

Ping G425 Max 3-wood 14.5*

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 4 Hybrid 22*
Ping G710 irons 4-PW 
Ping G710 Wedges 48* 54*
Ping Anser 2 Putter
WITB Link

Hitting the ball solid but cant get a putt to drop to save my life. Losing 2-3 shots a round according to arccos. Short game could use some fine tuning. All in all not terribly disappointed. Just want to start taking advantage of how well I'm hitting the ball. 

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

I'm hitting the ball the best I ever have, especially with my irons. All the swing changes and balls hit over the winter in my swing bay are really paying off. It still hasn't reflected in my scores because for one, it all really started clicking about 10 days ago, and two, I haven't been making any putts.

I do see good things on the horizon and will keep plugging away. Treetops next thurs/Fri 🍻

• Like 1

Game is all over the map right now.  Hitting it like a 2 handicap or a 20 handicap, and it varies hole to hole, just super inconsistent right now, aside from my putting which normally is a weakness so it's not all bad.  Just got back from my yearly BOYNE trip with my friends where we played the Hills, Crooked Tree, Bay Harbor (Links/Quarry), the Ross and Arcadia on the way home.  All the courses were pretty much in awesome shape and we had fantastic weather so the trip was a blast.  That being said, just wish I was in a better spot with my game but that's my fault for not swinging a club at all before the trip.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 6:42 AM, cassel191919 said:

There are multiple tees and remember on the loop you will get a ton of roll on everything, it was very firm and fast the times I have played and I would guess it still is.

Just got back from a MDW trip up in the Boyne area and played Alpine, Heather, Belvedere, Monument, and The Loop (Black).

Here are my thoughts on them: 

Boyne Alpine - Fine track, nothing overly interesting. Some fun holes, but very forgettable. Shot 79 and couldn't really tell you much about the course. 4/10

Boyne Heather - A couple good holes, the 9th is a brute of a par 5. Some of the holes were 3-iron/Wedge from the tees we played it which makes it not very enjoyable. The 18th was a fun hole as the 2nd shot was almost all carry to a back right pin location. Shot 75 with 2 double bogeys so that will tell you about the course. 5/10

Belvedere - Had more fun than when I played it the first time. The greens seemed very spongy but it was in GREAT shape. Range is a bit goofy with hitting down some 50 feet to the target area. Also, I felt bad hitting driver as the ball would go past the back of the range in to the trees. There's a hole on the back (maybe 15 or 16) that has a silly drop off the right side of the green. If you were left of the green you couldn't keep the ball on the putting surface if you dropped the ball from knee high. Shot 80 with a triple and a double. 6/10

Boyne Monument - My favorite of the Boyne courses. Lots of elevation changes and cool looking approach shots. First hole is a severe dogleg right par 5 with railroad ties in the face of the bunker staring at you greenside. I also liked the variety of the holes, some longer, and also a drivable par 4 with a difficult green. The 18th is cool with an island green finisher. Shot 80, but enjoyed the round. 7/10

The Loop Black - Obviously vastly different than the other courses which was a nice change of pace. Started birdie-birdie with 2 long putts holed. The entire concept is cool with the routing, but as was mentioned, it isn't overly long because you get so much roll on drives. Hit driver then 8-iron in to one of the par 5's so it is easily getable from that regard. Also, if you happen to miss a fairway, you really hit it poorly. The fairways are absolutely MASSIVE. 4 birdies and 6 bogeys for 2-over 72 from the "tips" which are only 6700 yards but play much shorter. 7/10 (slight favorite over Monument for uniqueness). 

2 hours ago, CRDuffy21 said:

Just got back from a MDW trip up in the Boyne area and played Alpine, Heather, Belvedere, Monument, and The Loop (Black).

Here are my thoughts on them: 

Boyne Alpine - Fine track, nothing overly interesting. Some fun holes, but very forgettable. Shot 79 and couldn't really tell you much about the course. 4/10

Boyne Heather - A couple good holes, the 9th is a brute of a par 5. Some of the holes were 3-iron/Wedge from the tees we played it which makes it not very enjoyable. The 18th was a fun hole as the 2nd shot was almost all carry to a back right pin location. Shot 75 with 2 double bogeys so that will tell you about the course. 5/10

Belvedere - Had more fun than when I played it the first time. The greens seemed very spongy but it was in GREAT shape. Range is a bit goofy with hitting down some 50 feet to the target area. Also, I felt bad hitting driver as the ball would go past the back of the range in to the trees. There's a hole on the back (maybe 15 or 16) that has a silly drop off the right side of the green. If you were left of the green you couldn't keep the ball on the putting surface if you dropped the ball from knee high. Shot 80 with a triple and a double. 6/10

Boyne Monument - My favorite of the Boyne courses. Lots of elevation changes and cool looking approach shots. First hole is a severe dogleg right par 5 with railroad ties in the face of the bunker staring at you greenside. I also liked the variety of the holes, some longer, and also a drivable par 4 with a difficult green. The 18th is cool with an island green finisher. Shot 80, but enjoyed the round. 7/10

The Loop Black - Obviously vastly different than the other courses which was a nice change of pace. Started birdie-birdie with 2 long putts holed. The entire concept is cool with the routing, but as was mentioned, it isn't overly long because you get so much roll on drives. Hit driver then 8-iron in to one of the par 5's so it is easily getable from that regard. Also, if you happen to miss a fairway, you really hit it poorly. The fairways are absolutely MASSIVE. 4 birdies and 6 bogeys for 2-over 72 from the "tips" which are only 6700 yards but play much shorter. 7/10 (slight favorite over Monument for uniqueness). 

Next time you go to BOYNE if you go back, try out the Arthur Hills Course and the Ross.  I have been going to BOYNE for an annual trip with my buddies for over 10 years now and have played every course there multiple times.  I do LOVE the Heather a lot but to your point, it's target golf with a lot of strategy that can be off putting for "resort" golf.  I'd say the Hills would be up there with the Loop for you just based on reading your reviews of everything. 

Alpine I've never liked.  Monument is a cool course but also further away from where we stay at Boyne Highlands so we don't feel it is worth the drive compared to Arthur Hills, the Ross and Crooked Tree.  3 courses that I think you would have likely rated higher at least than the Heather and Alpine. 

Treetops is also a nice spot as well if you ever go up that way again for a buddies trip.  Treetops just tends to pack the tee times a bit more I feel like, they were 8 mins apart last time I was there.  Not bad for making money for the course, but horrible for pace of play at a resort course where you get a lot of "buddy groups" pounding beers and hitting on cart girls.   

How did you feel the Loop compared to the South course at Arcadia if you've ever played it?  Your description is eerily similar to the South Course at Arcadia which I must say absolutely kicked my butt last September.  Love that "style" of golf in theory but it was a bit too frustrating at times for me.  Putting off a green once into a bunker is laughable and funny, worry about it on half the holes isn't always the type of round I want to play if that makes sense so something a little easier but still that firm fast setup would be great for me. 

48 minutes ago, timbo08 said:

Next time you go to BOYNE if you go back, try out the Arthur Hills Course and the Ross.  I have been going to BOYNE for an annual trip with my buddies for over 10 years now and have played every course there multiple times.  I do LOVE the Heather a lot but to your point, it's target golf with a lot of strategy that can be off putting for "resort" golf.  I'd say the Hills would be up there with the Loop for you just based on reading your reviews of everything. 

Alpine I've never liked.  Monument is a cool course but also further away from where we stay at Boyne Highlands so we don't feel it is worth the drive compared to Arthur Hills, the Ross and Crooked Tree.  3 courses that I think you would have likely rated higher at least than the Heather and Alpine. 

Treetops is also a nice spot as well if you ever go up that way again for a buddies trip.  Treetops just tends to pack the tee times a bit more I feel like, they were 8 mins apart last time I was there.  Not bad for making money for the course, but horrible for pace of play at a resort course where you get a lot of "buddy groups" pounding beers and hitting on cart girls.   

How did you feel the Loop compared to the South course at Arcadia if you've ever played it?  Your description is eerily similar to the South Course at Arcadia which I must say absolutely kicked my butt last September.  Love that "style" of golf in theory but it was a bit too frustrating at times for me.  Putting off a green once into a bunker is laughable and funny, worry about it on half the holes isn't always the type of round I want to play if that makes sense so something a little easier but still that firm fast setup would be great for me. 

I just became a Michigan resident, so I plan on getting a couple rounds in at they Arcadia/Kingsley type places in the next year or two but haven't played them yet.

I'm definitely interested in the Ross and Arthur Hills courses at Boyne. We stayed at Boyne Mountain so it was more convenient for us to play Monument/Alpine this time. 

I did take a trip to Treetops a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I liked both the Signature and Masterpiece courses there, and the putting green is a cool little place to kill some time. Also played Threetops with the wife when there and she enjoyed it so that's a bonus if we ever make it back there.

I am angling for a round at Crystal Downs with a couple contacts. Worth the effort for those that have played it? Any other "MUST PLAYS" in the state? 

• Like 1

So I might be moving to Detroit in a few weeks for a job. 

Are there any private clubs that are good but also affordable on the western side of Detroit? Specific area besides western side of Detroit doesn’t matter quite yet as I’m not exactly sure where I’d live. 

I’m young (22) so I fit in the younger membership category.. but also don’t have the $$$ to pay any large initiation fee or crazy monthly dues. 

The only reason I’m interested in a private club is because I don’t know anyone so I feel it’d be easier to meet people to play with at a club... plus it’s a pain to try to constantly be booking as a single at public courses (plus adds up $ wise if you are playing a lot without membership). 

So yeah. Locals help me out please. From what I’ve looked into, I don’t see many options. Most seem to have pretty large initiation fees or high dues. Although maybe there are some hidden gems. Just want good golf, don’t care about the rest. 

Thanks! If no private suggestions, what are the good (but affordable to be able to play somewhat regularly) public courses? And what are the must-plays (even if costlier) in the Detroit area?

Thanks!!

20 hours ago, bsjm2 said:

Are there any private clubs that are good but also affordable on the western side of Detroit? Specific area besides western side of Detroit doesn’t matter quite yet as I’m not exactly sure where I’d live. 

I’m young (22) so I fit in the younger membership category.. but also don’t have the $$$ to pay any large initiation fee or crazy monthly dues. 

The only reason I’m interested in a private club is because I don’t know anyone so I feel it’d be easier to meet people to play with at a club... plus it’s a pain to try to constantly be booking as a single at public courses (plus adds up $ wise if you are playing a lot without membership). 

So yeah. Locals help me out please. From what I’ve looked into, I don’t see many options. Most seem to have pretty large initiation fees or high dues. Although maybe there are some hidden gems. Just want good golf, don’t care about the rest. 

Thanks! If no private suggestions, what are the good (but affordable to be able to play somewhat regularly) public courses? And what are the must-plays (even if costlier) in the Detroit area?

Thanks!!

Without you knowing exactly where you are living it might be hard to narrow down. However, I am in a similar boat as I am moving to the Detroit area in South Lyon. Based on the research I have done, there are a couple options in the Novi/Plymouth area including Meadowbrook and Walnut Creek. Check out Walnut Creek as they have a decent Junior member rate that I will only qualify for for a couple years before having to pay the huge initiation fee. 

It's my goal to play it within the next month or two and check out the facilities. Wife is due with a kid on the way in ~30 days so a place that I can eventually bring the family to is a consideration as well. 

On 6/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, bsjm2 said:

A lot depends on where on the West side you're talking. I live in Canton, and I looked into some private options last year when it was announced that the public course I play a lot of my rounds in the early mornings during the week was going to be shut down (which didn't happen, fortunately). I'm older than you and don't qualify for junior memberships, so I don't know exactly what those offerings are, but from what I found, the least pricey private option in the area is TPC Michigan in Dearborn. Even for standard memberships, their initiation fee was only 500 bucks, and they don't have any assessments, dues, or F&B minimums. Altogether, it would have been significantly cheaper than the other clubs in the area like Western or Dearborn CC. The course is nice, and challenging, too, so if I'd gone forward, that would have been where I would have chosen. 

If cost was not a factor, Meadowbrook would be my top choice on the west side of the metro area. I've played the course a couple of times, and it's awesome, but it's very expensive, and I think the membership may be full at the moment, too. To me, Walnut Creek seems extremely expensive for the quality of course, but I haven't played it in several years, and I know they have done some renovations, so maybe that has improved, but from what I have heard that it costs, there's no way it would be an option for me.

I live in Northville, actually on Northville Hills Golf Club, but I’m a member at TPC Michigan.  I never play NHGC, it’s a 5+ hour round and the course is pretty easy from the tips.  

One huge benefit for the TPC membership is that you also have a membership to TPC Passport.  I’ve played other private TPC clubs for less than $30, and most allow unaccompanied guests.  The resort TPC courses have discounted greens fees.  Booking through TPC Passport is a simple email ahead of time, when the tee sheet opens for the day and time you’re requesting, they book it and send a confirmation.  

Second benefit is the Club Corp network, I’ve only played a couple of them and tend to stick with the TPC Passport network.

The course itself is great, tough off of the tee and plenty long but playable from other tees.  It’s a great atmosphere, food is good and not ridiculously priced.

I saw Meadowbrook mentioned so I’ll throw this out there:  it’s an equity club with an amazing course.  The buy in was $40k when I met with them.  If the club was located in an area somewhere that I could see living in long term, I would have been sold.  That $40K can turn into $20k pretty fast in an unfavorable economy.  If the buy in doesn’t scare you or you plan to be here long term, its a great club.  

Transferring your GHIN number is simple, sign up for GAM and enter your number or have your new home club transfer it for you.

Feel free to message me about TPC, I play there 2-3 rounds a week.

2 hours ago, Florida Gator said:

I live in Northville, actually on Northville Hills Golf Club, but I’m a member at TPC Michigan.  I never play NHGC, it’s a 5+ hour round and the course is pretty easy from the tips.  

One huge benefit for the TPC membership is that you also have a membership to TPC Passport.  I’ve played other private TPC clubs for less than $30, and most allow unaccompanied guests.  The resort TPC courses have discounted greens fees.  Booking through TPC Passport is a simple email ahead of time, when the tee sheet opens for the day and time you’re requesting, they book it and send a confirmation.  

Second benefit is the Club Corp network, I’ve only played a couple of them and tend to stick with the TPC Passport network.

The course itself is great, tough off of the tee and plenty long but playable from other tees.  It’s a great atmosphere, food is good and not ridiculously priced.

I saw Meadowbrook mentioned so I’ll throw this out there:  it’s an equity club with an amazing course.  The buy in was $40k when I met with them.  If the club was located in an area somewhere that I could see living in long term, I would have been sold.  That $40K can turn into $20k pretty fast in an unfavorable economy.  If the buy in doesn’t scare you or you plan to be here long term, its a great club.  

Transferring your GHIN number is simple, sign up for GAM and enter your number or have your new home club transfer it for you.

Feel free to message me about TPC, I play there 2-3 rounds a week.

It's interesting you say that about Northville Hills. People I know that live in the area don't like it either, but after what you said about the Tips being easy I looked at the scorecard, and it looks like a decent length from the back tees including a bunch of Par 4's over 400 yards. Is it wide open off the tee? Greens really easy? What makes it an easy track? Also, what's the buy-in for TPC Passport? Sounds like something I'd be interested in if the price was right. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. 

2 hours ago, CRDuffy21 said:

It's interesting you say that about Northville Hills. People I know that live in the area don't like it either, but after what you said about the Tips being easy I looked at the scorecard, and it looks like a decent length from the back tees including a bunch of Par 4's over 400 yards. Is it wide open off the tee? Greens really easy? What makes it an easy track? Also, what's the buy-in for TPC Passport? Sounds like something I'd be interested in if the price was right. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. 

When I asked for info last year, the initial buy-in at TPC was $400. 

Northville Hills is super wide open off the tee for the most part, which makes it play pretty easy. It's not a bad course, they just do absolutely nothing to address pace of play, and because of that, it usually takes forever. I once played a round there on a weekend that took over 5.5 hours. Someone from our group went into the shop afterward to complain and they actually comped us our next round there, which was nice, but it shouldn't get to that point. Northville Hills and Stonebridge in Ann Arbor are the two courses I never play anymore because of consistent pace of play issues.