2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Game Golf not uploading?

I switched over to Shot Scope last year due to similar problems with the servers being down all too frequently. I just checked and was still able to get into my dashboard but got a weird sign-in pop-up that looked like it was in some foreign language and with the word "error" shown several times. However, I did fill in my username and password anyway and got in.

• Like 1

Hi there @jbucher, I'm David (DavidHGolf on Game Golf) and this is the first time I've heard of this happening. It's got me thinking and what I can figure is that it can't be a server issue since it wouldn't let you login if it was. 

With it not being a server issue (I don't think) , it could be the data cable that you are using so try a different data cable first.

If it's not the data cable, then the only thing that crosses my mind is that you have too many rounds on the device which can slow the uploads down.  

I have used the system for more than 6 years now and I've never kept more than 1 round on the device and that uploads fine. 

Just a last thought do check your Unsigned Rounds list under your 'My Rounds' Tab on your GG dashboard since the rounds once uploaded they go there and get removed from the device automatically. 

Let me know how you get on. Good Golf 🙂  

7 hours ago, jbucher said:

Thanks David, I will try again tonight. It's not in unassigned rounds. Fridays round uploaded fine, Saturday's failed and haven't tried Sunday's round. 

JB

You're welcome Jimmy, glad I could help 🙂 if all else fails do ask the pop up tech support chat that pops up on the site 🙂 let me know how you get on 

3 hours ago, jbucher said:

So here is what I got and it stayed in this state for over 2 hours:-(

Same cable as friday's round with no issues. I hope I don't loose Saturdays round, it was good!

JB

game golf.JPG

Hi Jimmy, then i guess you could unistall the uploader and reinstall it before contacting them via the pop up helpline best of luck. Good golf 🏌🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Hertsjoatmon said:

I used to have this issue. I ended up selling the system and moving to Golf Pad and manually in putting what club I used on my phone before each shot

So do you literally unlock your phone and tap buttons in the app before every shot? Or do you just do all the shots for a hole after you finish each hole?

There was a guy who played in a group I was in several years ago who had some phone app (don't know if it was Golf Pad or what) and he did something like that with his phone right before every shot including putts. He really held up the entire group doing that and we eventually asked him to stop doing it so he could keep up. It was infuriating watching him do that 4-5 times per hole.

Of course he also did 4, 5, 6 practice swings after finishing with the phone, before stepping up to hit the ball. So he was slow in many ways beside the phone-app thing. But it just doesn't seem practical to me to be doing smartphone bookkeeping like that 60+ times per round on a regular basis. Maybe on a practice round or something when you're by yourself. 

• Like 1

I lost my round while trying to upload it via my PC yesterday.   It stopped about 3/4 of the way thru the upload.   I waited over 1 hour and then disconnected the device.   When I tried to upload it again, the device said there wasn't any rounds available to upload. 

From their website a few days ago, they were saying to delete the app from your computer and reinstall.     I did that and also did a factory reset realizing that the round would be lost forever.

I chatted with them thru their site and email:

Me to them:   Am I understanding that the transfer app from my Game Golf Live to my Windows 10 PC has been discontinued?

From them to me:  

Yes, it will upload on mobile. Live was designed for mobile use.

I used the original GG system for years and luckily never had a problem (other than the clip breaking.) It’s a good system. I think it’s better than Arccos that I tried when Ping gave away free tags. I’m now using ShotScope whichI think is better than both GG and Arccos, plus the watch is a pretty good GPS unit. No subscription like the original GG.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

2 hours ago, DavidH88 said:

Exactly why I loved the GG classic, I've had little to no problems with it except a broken belt clip which they were fantastic of getting me a new one sent out to me. I just don't know what to do now 😞

I had the same problem with a broken belt clip and, like you, they quickly sent me another one. I got fed up about a year ago when their server(s) were up and down constantly and, probably due to COVID, they were slow to get them back up. Plus they never responded to any attempts to contact them. So I went with the Shot scope V3 and haven't looked back. I do prefer the way Game Golf presents some of the data and the way you can look at cumulative data for any subset of rounds, by date range or a pick and choose method.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phil75070 said:

I had the same problem with a broken belt clip and, like you, they quickly sent me another one. I got fed up about a year ago when their server(s) were up and down constantly and, probably due to COVID, they were slow to get them back up. Plus they never responded to any attempts to contact them. So I went with the Shot scope V3 and haven't looked back. I do prefer the way Game Golf presents some of the data and the way you can look at cumulative data for any subset of rounds, by date range or a pick and choose method.

Thanks for the input Phil, ^_^ my thoughts and experience exactly, it's a bit funny though I used it all my rounds last year and still continued to work fine. I'm now doing research on the V3. the only issue is I've just recently got a replacement Garmin Approach S2 which is my everyday watch and score watch but of course the V3 does it all. All goes down to What do I do? lol 

This SUCKS!!! I don't like screwing with my phone at/ on the course. I have tags on my hickory clubs and can get away with just tagging and looking at the round later. Hickory play= no electronic devices. 

Bombard them with emails and ask them to bring it back, mine has been sent! I would like to stay loyal to them but if they just don't care about customers I don't need to buy the products.

Jimmy B

2 hours ago, jbucher said:

This SUCKS!!! I don't like screwing with my phone at/ on the course. I have tags on my hickory clubs and can get away with just tagging and looking at the round later. Hickory play= no electronic devices. 

Bombard them with emails and ask them to bring it back, mine has been sent! I would like to stay loyal to them but if they just don't care about customers I don't need to buy the products.

Jimmy B

I know, i felt completely the same way. 

Loved my GG classic when I used it but I thought from day 1 that GG was going to have a huge problem and its the same problem other golf tech companies have. "No fees" or "no subscriptions" sounds great - except from a business standpoint it means "no annual revenue". At this point, if I was buying a new golf tech gadget, I'd actually rather pay a company some sort of annual fee if one was required because I know there's at least some small percentage of a chance that they are going to be better off than a company that ISNT bringing in any annual revenue from me. 

To me, GG Classic is like the Callaway UProMX. Ten years from now we are going to look back and think that this absolutely was the best solution. Sorry but I just cannot get on board with any system that requires me to screw around with my phone during the round. Nope.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

16 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Loved my GG classic when I used it but I thought from day 1 that GG was going to have a huge problem and its the same problem other golf tech companies have. "No fees" or "no subscriptions" sounds great - except from a business standpoint it means "no annual revenue". At this point, if I was buying a new golf tech gadget, I'd actually rather pay a company some sort of annual fee if one was required because I know there's at least some small percentage of a chance that they are going to be better off than a company that ISNT bringing in any annual revenue from me. 

To me, GG Classic is like the Callaway UProMX. Ten years from now we are going to look back and think that this absolutely was the best solution. Sorry but I just cannot get on board with any system that requires me to screw around with my phone during the round. Nope.

I always assumed they had some plan for monetizing the gigabytes of data they were collecting on their servers.

But almost certainly they were also assuming they'd come out with a "latest and greatest" new piece of hardware every 3-4 years rather than have users just make a single hardware purchase and want to keep using it for a decade.

When the Game Golf Pro hardware came a cropper they became pretty much non-viable as a going concern. Pity.

I tried again yesterday to upload my round but the upload stopped.    I deleted all of my rounds, clubs and asked them to delete my account.    I pulled the tags from my clubs.    I don't want anything to do with a company that has such terrible tech support.  

It's too bad, I liked their product when it was working correctly.    I agree they should have had a subscription model from the beginning because even though they had a good product their business model wasn't too smart.   I'll not give the Pro version a look.

I've stopped using them completely and am just using the data from my Garmin S62.  I had trouble loading rounds late last year and finally pulled all of the tags this year.  164 rounds with it and I really enjoyed the system.  Was nice to have all the data there, but I'm not sure I would do it again give the problems lately.  I haven't actually used the system since August 2020 when it stopped uploading consistently.

I don't think I'd go to another tagging system at this point.  Plus, the grips I use (Pure Grips Pro) tend to be a little more "gummy" than MultiCompounds so I would always lose a tag.  I don't think that's why I would go with Arcoos either right now.

Edited by CactusGolf

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Nothing but canned responses so I will quit using the device. I will let my wife use the live unit if she can get it to work. I am a Garmin geek, more than the golf watches stuff for cycling etc. The info on Garmin. is not quit as good as GG. The tags from garmin are spendy and a bit hard to spend the cash on at this point. Good luck all and have some good rounds!

Jimmy B