2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

2021 US Women's Open, June 3-6

18majors

1 hour ago, Rustbelt said:

She has talked about possibly coming back.  LPGA's loss is KLPGA's gain. 

Really???

I guess the HATE from the Flying Dumbo's has receded....lol....#LUGGAGEGATE

Although so unlikely...the 3 pros I'd like to see on the LPGA would be Ha Neul Kim, Sharon and Yoo (can't remember her full name...the one that is REALLY popular)

2 minutes ago, KBong said:

Really???

Although so unlikely...the 3 pros I'd like to see on the LPGA would be Ha Neul Kim, Sharon and Yoo (can't remember her full name...the one that is REALLY popular)

Hyunjoo Yoo. You're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

5 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Minus a couple of stressed-out bad putts yesterday, Lexi hasn't putted this well in quite some time. She averaged 28.3 putts over the first three days. That's 2 strokes better than her season average, which is huge. 

A few bad tee shots, and a few bad wedges, and it was game over. 

Lexi finished 3rd on the toughest course they've played this season. She managed to beat 153 other players, including the six players ranked higher than her in the World, and collected a $382,000 paycheck. She'll survive.

She is the worst pitcher and chipper I’ve ever seen on a touring pro level. She just lunges at the ball with zero rhythm. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KBong said:

Really???

Shin ahn would be nice too and Bo Mee Lee 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

Yes she would be a star here just because of her outfits. Her swing looks really really solid but she doesn’t really win much??

No, hasn't won. Struggles to keep her card on the KLPGA, but has shown progress over the past few years.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Now that fans have returned to the USWO....it's refreshing to see respectable fans....unlike some fools/fans watching the PGA tour.

I think the LPGA could manage with fewer marshals at their events....I've yet to witness an idiot fan at any events I've attended.

Only minor incident was in Portland..... a fan shoved his hat into Gulbis's face for an autograph...I told the guy to relax and that Gulbis and Pressel had already told everyone they would sign all requests before leaving.

7 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

Shin ahn would be nice too and Bo Mee Lee 

Ahn is Sharon....my memory is bad to remember her real name.

BML (or her nickname Smile Candy when translated from Japanese) is popular...but I like the other 3 more.

I think Ahn has a Japanese nickname too.

I'll be happy just to see Shibuno (Smiling Cinerella) on the LPGA soon.

Seems like the Japanese like to use nicknames.

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It may look awkward, but it generally gets the job done. She only hit 47 out of 72 greens this week, but still managed 3 under for the tournament. She only had 9 bogies or worse with two three-putts, so her scrambling was in the 65% range. That's more than respectable.

I think Lexi's short game crashes when it REALLY counts and the NERVES move into her hands.

I also have the short putt yips...too many missed short putts when I need/want them.

Yet as much as I think I'm a really lousy putter....I'm at about 33/1 putts/rd which is the norm for a 7ish capper.

I'm a lousy chipper....I have good practice sessions...but in REAL play...Mr. Vince SCULLY or Mr. STUBBY THE MONKEY shows up....UGH...I'm a MENTAL MIDGET.

• Haha 1

The journalist chimes in

A collapse for the ages allows Yuka Saso to take an unforgettable Women’s Open

"SAN FRANCISCO — The wrong player always wins at the Olympic Club. Famously, Fleck over Hogan and Casper conquering Palmer. More recent national championships at Olympic have also been where sentimentality goes to die: Scott Simpson thwarting Tom Watson; brooding Lee Janzen overtaking charismatic Payne Stewart; young upstart Webb Simpson preventing Jim Furyk from punching his ticket to the Hall of Fame."

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Medson said:

I was there. 

It was very apparent something was up. Her caddie was talking to the security. Then, the caddie and the security left the scoring tent first. 

A cart came. I thought she's gonna get on the cart and rode off without signing any autographs. Then, Lexi appeared and made a straight line for the kids. She stayed until everyone who wanted her autograph got one. It was relatively quiet as most of us didn't know what to say. You can see tears in her eyes, yet she was still willing to sign the autographs for the kids. 

Classy act by Lexi. 

Really glad she did that. Could care less if she went to the media centre and sobbed her way through an interview being asking pointless, obvious questions.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

16 hours ago, KBong said:

I might have been a bad ball strike vs wrong club selection.

There have been many times when I have been 15 yards short even on a PW or 9 iron because I didn't compress the ball I intended to...and these miss hits were also not chunks....just not the compression and ball speed I wanted.

Coming out of a shot...even just slightly .....can cost yardage.

It is possible she mishit it, but on camera she said she hit it just how she wanted to. They are the best in the world, they rarely miss 143 yard shots by 15 yards. Personally, I doubt it was mishit and it was either they misclubbed or got the yardage incorrect. This is another reason for rangefinders to be implemented to double-check yardages. The caddies are the best in the world, but players should be able to double check yardages on their own. 

39 minutes ago, pmcuk said:

What a ridiculous statement. I can't even start to say why it's so ridiculous. A case of a journalist creating a catchy hook just to attract attention. 

Totally agree...what a STUPID statement...if others lost they LOST....the WRONG player.....WHAT A JOKE comment.

If others choked they CHOKED.

Over 53 years of playing golf....I've GAGGED so many times trying to finish a good rd only to CHOKE badly late on the back 9.

It's part of playing golf...take the good with the bad

43 minutes ago, Medson said:

I was there. 

It was very apparent something was up. Her caddie was talking to the security. Then, the caddie and the security left the scoring tent first. 

A cart came. I thought she's gonna get on the cart and rode off without signing any autographs. Then, Lexi appeared and made a straight line for the kids. She stayed until everyone who wanted her autograph got one. It was relatively quiet as most of us didn't know what to say. You can see tears in her eyes, yet she was still willing to sign the autographs for the kids. 

Classy act by Lexi. 

I remember reading and article about the WTA tour years ago and the article was a few years old even then. Apparently back then it was normal for events to become aware of 2-3 of the following: death threats to a player specific to that week, fans purchasing tickets who were on a “watch list,” on top of characteristics a player could possess to make them a target of violence (political views, national origin, past threats to the player etc). With the advent of social media and people feeling like they know the players, I could see the perceived threat being larger today. 

I mentioned one year at the event in Dallas how a couple of the groups had armed security with them. It’s reasonable to think chatter was picked up on certain players because these groups were not leaders or necessarily had marquee players in them. 

In one of my media classes, we learned that even on the level of local news, each anchor/journalist has more than a few stalkers or people who openly complain about them through various channels and hint at violence. 

A few months ago, my job hired a local radio station to broadcast live from an event we had. Toward the end of the day, one of the deejays approached us and let us know he had been threatened by a Britney fan for “constantly talking “s**t about her. The fan apparently told the deejay to stop talking about his girlfriend or he would get it next time they crossed paths. This was at a low-key event and even then some person felt emboldened and personally attacked (obviously some mental health issues involved)enough to threaten  a local “personality.” I would imagine this is more common especially with people who are international personalities. At the same LPGA event, some of Dumbo’s fans were a little too eager to get pictures with her and were pulling her by the arm to get her to turn their direction.

I was 20 when I attended my first LPGA event. Earlier in the season Judy Rankin talked about how Pat Hurst  could make full meals in a hotel room since she traveled with her family and that Pat made a great microwave meatloaf. As I am walking around the grounds I see Pat Hurst, I walk up and ask for an autograph and ask if her meatloaf is really as good as Judy says? She just kind of half smiles  and says I can do a lot of things and goes on about things. I felt kind of miffed and a little angry because I felt at the time she blew me off. Now in my early 30s, I realize that could have come across as kind of creepy but in my mind I was just being friendly. 

Edited by fredogolfer
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

It is possible she mishit it, but on camera she said she hit it just how she wanted to. They are the best in the world, they rarely miss 143 yard shots by 15 yards. Personally, I doubt it was mishit and it was either they misclubbed or got the yardage incorrect. This is another reason for rangefinders to be implemented to double-check yardages. The caddies are the best in the world, but players should be able to double check yardages on their own. 

I still say mishit.

Considering how much time pros take to discuss the shot. all the info & play they have gathered in a week....it's rare on a mis-calculation on yardage vs. poor shot/swing/execution.

The loop is 50 years old...gotta believe he has quite a bit of experience to avoid a poor calculation or mis-jugdement on the shot at hand...especially on back to back holes.

44 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Did you watch Yealimi while you're there?

How did she handle her weekend disappointments?

Yes. I followed Yealimi for her last 3 holes. 

She was very calm and pleasant. And she was very focused on going on her business. 

I had no idea of her scores when I followed her. You could not tell she was having a bad day from her demeanor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Medson said:

Yes. I followed Yealimi for her last 3 holes. 

She was very calm and pleasant. And she was very focused on going on her business. 

I had no idea of her scores when I followed her. You could not tell she was having a bad day from her demeanor. 

Nice to know that, I've always thought Yealimi has a good head on her shoulder.  I know she loves USWO, but she also shot +9 at the final round of 2020 USWO and +10 this year.  It looks like her love hasn't been well returned.

She's lucky she can pick up her clubs and plays again this week; hope for a better result!

13 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

At the same LPGA event, some of Dumbo’s fans were a little too eager to get pictures with her and were pulling her by the arm to get her to turn their direction.

LOL.....those Flying Dumbos...I tell ya.

No wonder Ha Na Jang had to take some time away from the LPGA in 2016....#LUGGAGEGATE.

The 4 Flying Dumbos I chatted with at the 2016 KPMG were hilarious.

I look forward to the day to meet and chat with some of Namdalla's Attack Girl fans...they must be so funny.

2 hours ago, KBong said:

Ahn is Sharon....my memory is bad to remember her real name.

BML (or her nickname Smile Candy when translated from Japanese) is popular...but I like the other 3 more.

I think Ahn has a Japanese nickname too.

I'll be happy just to see Shibuno (Smiling Cinerella) on the LPGA soon.

Seems like the Japanese like to use nicknames.

Yea that’s her real name ha