Before buying an Olson putter

I would’ve been okay with it all if it would’ve came correctly. My biggest request and asked many times in emails that I have was doe it to be face balanced. So I requested a twisted long neck and comes with a screw neck that has about 30* of toe hang. Requested light mill on the face, comes with smooth. Requested black shaft, comes with sliver. This stuff can’t be made up lol. He has all this written in emails and the template and still doesn’t follow it.

Just now, Champ2430 said:

I would’ve been okay with it all if it would’ve came correctly. My biggest request and asked many times in emails that I have was doe it to be face balanced. So I requested a twisted long neck and comes with a screw neck that has about 30* of toe hang. Requested light mill on the face, comes with smooth. Requested black shaft, comes with sliver. This stuff can’t be made up lol. He has all this written in emails and the template and still doesn’t follow it.

Wow that's insane, like why bother doing customs when he'll just do what he wants. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

16 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Wow that's insane, like why bother doing customs when he'll just do what he wants. 

Exactly. Not sure why I went through 50

emails back and forth confirming all the details because he forgets, then he does half of what I asked. I was planning on buying a second one from him but that’ll never happen now. He told me he takes in about 500-600 custom orders at a time before he cuts it off. How can one person take in that many orders and do them correctly? Obviously that answers your question. He constantly forgot all the details even though they were in the email thread. Terrible way to do business. 

3 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

emails back and forth confirming all the details because he forgets, then he does half of what I asked. I was planning on buying a second one from him but that’ll never happen now. He told me he takes in about 500-600 custom orders at a time before he cuts it off. How can one person take in that many orders and do them correctly? Obviously that answers your question. He constantly forgot all the details even though they were in the email thread. Terrible way to do business. 

Did you ask for your money back? The putter is really nice, but you’re probably going to take a beating on the resale. I’m not so sure you’ll find anyone to even pay the “discounted” rate you’re asking. I know you just want the problem to go away by selling it and cutting your losses, but at some point someone has to stick up for themself against this guy. Paying thousands of dollars for a custom putter that isn’t made how you wanted (assuming you have the paper trail to prove it) after waiting all that time is absurd. Hundreds of dollars I could maybe understand, but not thousands. 

Surely there’s a way to make this right without you losing any of your money...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

Especially for a 1 man company, there must be mistakes upon mistakes. Like that putter is really nice but like you said if it's not what you asked for or expected I'd be extremely upset. Would I ever own an Olson? Sure second hand or stock offering if 100% what I want but too many horror stories lately, kinda wish I got one way back when he wasn't as busy.

With that said what putter did you go with as your gamer? 

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 minute ago, jonradus said:

Did you ask for your money back? The putter is really nice, but you’re probably going to take a beating on the resale. I’m not so sure you’ll find anyone to even pay the “discounted” rate you’re asking. I know you just want the problem to go away by selling it and cutting your losses, but at some point someone has to stick up for themself against this guy. Paying thousands of dollars for a custom putter that isn’t made how you wanted (assuming you have the paper trail to prove it) after waiting all that time is absurd. Hundreds of dollars I could maybe understand, but not thousands. 

Surely there’s a way to make this right without you losing any of your money...

Not much of a chance. He doesn’t reply to any of your emails. I message him on Instagram and he tells me the best way to reach him is through email lol. The problem is he never responds. I paid with a credit card and it’s way past 60 days so that’s not an option. My only way is to just cut my loses. I’ve already asked many times for a refund with no response. I have all the proof it wasn’t created as requested but not much I can do now. Overall, the resale isn’t bad for his. Not as great as Scotty but I’ve seen many sold on here and eBay with close of what the original price wise. It’s a great looking putter, don’t get me wrong. Just looking for something more face balanced and don’t mind losing some cash and learn my lesson. 

1 hour ago, Champ2430 said:

Finally received the putter today and it’s nothing as I requested. I will probably be posting in on the bst soon. It’s a really good looking putter but it’s nothing like I asked. Very upset with this whole situation and will never be doing business with him again. I would also advice anyone to do the same unless you want to spend way too much money for something that’s not even close for what you asked for. 

Want to try again and have a good experience? Goodwood. Trust me. You won't be sorry. 

Just now, MattM97 said:

Especially for a 1 man company, there must be mistakes upon mistakes. Like that putter is really nice but like you said if it's not what you asked for or expected I'd be extremely upset. Would I ever own an Olson? Sure second hand or stock offering if 100% what I want but too many horror stories lately, kinda wish I got one way back when he wasn't as busy.

With that said what putter did you go with as your gamer? 

I picked up a Nike proto long neck on here that is almost completely face balanced. I love it. I didn’t expect to like it that much but it’s so much better than expected. Crazy part is it’s the cheapest putter I’ve had in a while.. by far lol. I want to get a fitting at artisan though. That’s the only way I’ll do a custom putter now is if I can see it in person. I once had one done with mankrafted when I was in Phoenix and got to see the whole build first hand. That’s the only way to go.  

• Like 2

For what you paid, Id ship that putter back and then fight the credit card charge with your company. You probably have enough evidence to show you didn't receive what you ordered. Pretty sad that he has 20 grand worth of putters for sale and couldn't build yours correctly. 

• Like 1

real real bad at golf

Just now, Bentron said:

For what you paid, Id ship that putter back and then fight the credit card charge with your company. You probably have enough evidence to show you didn't receive what you ordered. Pretty sad that he has 20 grand worth of putters for sale and couldn't build yours correctly. 

My worry though is I’ll never get the money back and then he has my putter. I would rather lose some money than all my money. That’s my thought process. Maybe I’m wrong.

I picked up a Nike proto long neck on here that is almost completely face balanced. I love it. I didn’t expect to like it that much but it’s so much better than expected. Crazy part is it’s the cheapest putter I’ve had in a while.. by far lol. I want to get a fitting at artisan though. That’s the only way I’ll do a custom putter now is if I can see it in person. I once had one done with mankrafted when I was in Phoenix and got to see the whole build first hand. That’s the only way to go.  

Not sure about the putter wait time at Artisan, but last I heard from some local guys the wedges were a 6 month wait. 

real real bad at golf

I may just be ignorant of the medium and it’s uses. But someone who uses social media for constant sales and promotion, without any other traditional means…it seems like people could just be akin to pump and dump penny stock “brokers.”

A lot of sizzle without a lot of substance. That seems to be the case with Olson. 

That said, there’s reputable people who use social media to promote, I’m referring to how it’s being used. 

Just now, Bentron said:

Not sure about the putter wait time at Artisan, but last I heard from some local guys the wedges were a 6 month wait. 

I saw 6-8 weeks on the putters I think on the website. I wouldn’t be worried with them though. You get the fitting in person and I don’t live too far away. 

Just now, jtj74 said:

Well, I can't make you anything because I have no putter making skills at all but David at Goodwood should be able to hook you up. His communication is great. Send him a message on Instagram.

My fault I thought that was you! My mistake but I’ll probably reach out and see what he can do. 

8 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

I'd love to do a custom fitting at Artisan, it's one of my golf bucket list things to do. But I get wanting to see putters in person, it would definitely be the best but very hard to do, I kinda annoy some guys when I ask for specs/measurements of their heads, I'm not trying to copy them just can see it better in my head and compare to what I have. But other than that just looking at pics over and over again and what some people say here or who I follow on Instagram works for me, but that's all I can do. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I'd love to do a custom fitting at Artisan, it's one of my golf bucket list things to do. But I get wanting to see putters in person, it would definitely be the best but very hard to do, I kinda annoy some guys when I ask for specs/measurements of their heads, I'm not trying to copy them just can see it better in my head and compare to what I have. But other than that just looking at pics over and over again and what some people say here or who I follow on Instagram works for me, but that's all I can do. 

I agree with. The only problem is no matter how many pictures you see of the putter, to me it’s never exactly what you imagined it. That’s why if it’s an expensive purchase I will probably only do it in person from now on. If it’s not a crazy amount, then I’d be fine still buying with just seeing pictures but for what Olson charges you should het exactly what you requested. Especially the neck, that’s the most important part in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Champ,

I’m happy to read that you received a putter from Logan, but totally disappointed to find out that the putter arrived and is not as it was ordered. A total bummer that the experience has led to an immediate sale of the putter. This is the second time I have read of this happening with him. I will add Olson to the list of makers on my ‘no fly list’.

As a result of this discussion,  I decided to go all in on a second Bradley yesterday, after a friend pointed out that they were running a sale. I had mentioned, in this thread, how positive the experience was the first time and had always intended to purchase another down the road. Here’s what I’ve decided to do . . . I chose acrylic, shape, length and Brad is taking care of the rest. No pictures, no communication, just a tracking number when all is done. I’m going to have faith in his ability to deliver on what he promises and expect a functional specimen of putter art to show up on my doorstep when he says it will (postal service not withstanding).

Once David at Goodwood releases his new line of mallet, and I generate some funds, that will be my next endeavour.

Give business to those who deliver what you order, in the timeframes promised, without all of the drama. This entire process should be enjoyable. 

• Like 2

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

3 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Wow.  A roughly $2000 custom order and Olson F's up 2 of the most important details.  

What's crazy is the past stories shared on wrx from other nightmare stories too.  All of which, Olson didn't "make right", basically said, "F you, I have your money and other orders to fill".  

Someday this guy will get what’s coming to him. You can only continue to hose people for so long until karma comes around, or you hose the wrong person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Wow.  A roughly $2000 custom order and Olson F's up 2 of the most important details.  

What's crazy is the past stories shared on wrx from other nightmare stories too.  All of which, Olson didn't "make right", basically said, "F you, I have your money and other orders to fill".  

Funny part is he charged me more for the twisted neck that I didn’t even get hahaha.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Champ,

I’m happy to read that you received a putter from Logan, but totally disappointed to find out that the putter arrived and is not as it was ordered. A total bummer that the experience has led to an immediate sale of the putter. This is the second time I have read of this happening with him. I will add Olson to the list of makers on my ‘no fly list’.

As a result of this discussion,  I decided to go all in on a second Bradley yesterday, after a friend pointed out that they were running a sale. I had mentioned, in this thread, how positive the experience was the first time and had always intended to purchase another down the road. Here’s what I’ve decided to do . . . I chose acrylic, shape, length and Brad is taking care of the rest. No pictures, no communication, just a tracking number when all is done. I’m going to have faith in his ability to deliver on what he promises and expect a functional specimen of putter art to show up on my doorstep when he says it will (postal service not withstanding).

Once David at Goodwood releases his new line of mallet, and I generate some funds, that will be my next endeavour.

Give business to those who deliver what you order, in the timeframes promised, without all of the drama. This entire process should be enjoyable. 

I wish you all the best and hope it shows up as requested. Nothing better than asking for something custom and getting what you want when you finally open up the package. I’m just trying to warn anyone before they make the same mistake I did. I really don’t like to start drama on here or anywhere but this is just unacceptable. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I did. 

• Like 1

I wish you all the best and hope it shows up as requested. Nothing better than asking for something custom and getting what you want when you finally open up the package. I’m just trying to warn anyone before they make the same mistake I did. I really don’t like to start drama on here or anywhere but this is just unacceptable. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I did. 

Just saw the putter your received. Some very nice elements. A buyer will eventually be happy.  GLWS.

As for mine. Here’s my order . . Blue Acrylic, Widowmaker, 34”, 350ish and 70* lie. All else will be a mystery. 

But don’t know that I’d ever be comfortable with a 2K mystery. 

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

5 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Just saw the putter your received. Some very nice elements. A buyer will eventually be happy.  GLWS.

As for mine. Here’s my order . . Blue Acrylic, Widowmaker, 34”, 350ish and 70* lie. All else will be a mystery. 

But don’t know that I’d ever be comfortable with a 2K mystery. 

Figured I would go all out and get all the details I wanted for once. Most important was a long neck blade with more stability. That’s not very easy to find so I figured I would go custom. Just sadly picked the wrong maker. It’s a beautiful putter and someone will be very pleased. Just not what I asked for is all. The finish is unreal though and very happy the way it turned out. I hope you get what you wanted but even better! Let me know how it turns out please. I’ve always been interested in those putters! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

Figured I would go all out and get all the details I wanted for once. Most important was a long neck blade with more stability. That’s not very easy to find so I figured I would go custom. Just sadly picked the wrong maker. It’s a beautiful putter and someone will be very pleased. Just not what I asked for is all. The finish is unreal though and very happy the way it turned out. I hope you get what you wanted but even better! Let me know how it turns out please. I’ve always been interested in those putters! 

You’re forever flatstick is right around the corner. 

I’ll be sure to share whatever arrives. 

• Like 1

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*