Best brands for high speed club longevity

AGLarson

13 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

That's how I cracked on of my drivers.  Hitting 20 range balls with driver.  Huge crack from the toe side in.  I cracked my SIM MAX last year on the 18th hole.  Swung, made a weird noise and it felt awful.  Even my cousin commented on the sound.  There is no major OEM brand that holds up better than others IMO.  The walls are so thin these days, that it's bound to happen over time.  Sucks for us high ss players. 

Yep.  I've never had a problem getting them replaced though.  Just got to happening too often and it always seemed to happen just after I finally get the head dialed in exactly how I wanted it.  I could get the same head but never exactly the same.  I guess I could have spent the money to have 2 identical tour issue heads with same specs lying around incase one cracked but I'd rather waste money elsewhere!

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

13 hours ago, spring7 said:

i think its luck of the draw, my son swings 125+ and has had his F9 for two years, but he hits the middle a lot

come to think of it, if I had to pick one OEM, it would be be cobra.  I've had LTD pro and f9 and they never cracked on me.  I didn't have the f9 for more than a couple months though so who knows. 

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

6 hours ago, Righty to Lefty said:

I too live this life as I swing in the same speed class as you are and it is just apart of life.  I will cave a retail driver face in within 2 years and a fairway wood in around the same amount of time and all you can do is hope that it is still in the warranty period to get a replacement.  That being said I did get 5 years out of my Callaway XR16 long drive head which was amazing for me but the faces are a bit thicker to increase durability but you will sacrifice a bit of ball speed which is a fair trade off for two and a half times the durability.  So you do have options with drivers by moving to long drive heads but you are screwed as far is mini drivers and fairway woods go.  I have never caved in the face on a hybrid but I did notice a drop in ball speed over time but never face failure. 

Since I tend to match specs on clubs I do use "practice" clubs for hybrids, fairway woods so that the life of my gamers are extended because I hit thousands upon thousands of practice balls.  I always buy driver heads in pairs when I find a club I like because I know I will literally beat the face off of it.  My XR16 gave up on life just a few weeks ago and that was a sad day for me as "X" gave me so much joy! Of course I'm going through it mentally as I do have an exact back up head but of course am going through the phase of not using it because I know that it's over once that one dies!! Best of luck though in your search.  

I’m glad to hear it’s not just me, I thought I was just abusing gear but I suppose we never hear about how often pros get new gear. Yeah I looked into long drive heads but I’m too attached to my pings and honestly if I keep this up I’ll never have to buy a driver again. I suppose I should look to build a cheap backup that’s weighted and lofted the same as my gamer but like a g30 or some older, cheaper model that I can just beat on when I practice lol. My country club has pretty nice range balls so I don’t think I’m hurting the life of the club too much but gah damn it gets old. I’m still thinking about biting the bullet and buying the new TM mini just because I like the driver, 2 wood, 4 wood setup right now

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 5:26 AM, AGLarson said:

Don’t apologize. I’d rather know before sinking more money into clubs, how’s callaways customer service though? TM has been disappointing compared to ping 

I’ve had the opposite experience, I worked at a very large green grass account for 7 years that had accounts with all the major OEMs.

We had more failures with some brands than others but one thing that sets some OEMs apart from the others is their service.

Callaway and Ping have amazing service, (At least down under anyway) they looked after customers that had questionable warranty claims.

I can count on one hand how many failures we had with Callaway in the 7 years there, any every time they came through with the goods.

17 hours ago, HISPL said:

I’ve had the opposite experience, I worked at a very large green grass account for 7 years that had accounts with all the major OEMs.

We had more failures with some brands than others but one thing that sets some OEMs apart from the others is their service.

Callaway and Ping have amazing service, (At least down under anyway) they looked after customers that had questionable warranty claims.

I can count on one hand how many failures we had with Callaway in the 7 years there, any every time they came through with the goods.

How was their warranty on used clubs?

On 6/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, AGLarson said:

They told me 3 years

3 years is about all I can expect. I haven't really gamed much from Titleist or Callaway, but Ping has gone above and beyond to help me. Taylormade was helpful once, but not the other. It's going to take a lot for something to replace a Ping wood in my bag because of that. Not on topic but TT/PX/Accra has been great too on shaft issues

Edited by Poolparty

13 hours ago, Poolparty said:

3 years is about all I can expect. I haven't really gamed much from Titleist or Callaway, but Ping has gone above and beyond to help me. Taylormade was helpful once, but not the other. It's going to take a lot for something to replace a Ping wood in my bag because of that. Not on topic but TT/PX/Accra has been great too on shaft issues

That’s about where I’m at. Ping has done so much for me no questions asked really and TM just said “nothing they can do.” I’m hoping I never run into shaft issues but that’s good to know. I’ve got hard stepped x100s on order with some JPX921 SELs